• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I got a notification that I was tagged in a post but I don't see anything. Weird.

Someone must be trying to tinker with the board.

giphy.gif

LegendofTrey

Oct 27, 2017
Hey Era! I just resubbed. I'm gonna try and finish getting every class to 120, and also check out raiding content in 8.3

One of the issues why I unsubbed before is most of my friends quit, and joining a guild seemed kind of intimidating because most guilds are core groups that don't extend invites to returning players as often.

I'm on Elune-Alliance (US), anyone on that server?

Gohlad

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
All new zones are designed for flying. They already said flying will be implemented the same way it has been for the last few expansions (ie: they are happy with how they have handled flying). They will introduce new zones very late in the expansion (Argus/Mecha/Naz) and at that patch introduce a flying achievement (rep/quests). Won't be less than a year into the new expansion.
I think what Gohlad meant was that in TBC/Wrath there were extra areas/content/easter eggs you could find when finally getting airborne. They were dangled in front of you Metroidvania style while questing on foot (like in Stonetalon Mountains, Nagrand, Storm Peaks to name a few examples). It was a cool thing to come back to. I didn't remember any place like that in BfA; I can just get to them quicker now.

Yes, exactly! I meant zones that have certain areas that you just can't reach without flying.

And I agree full-heartedly with the people about the pathfinder achievement. It's so uninspired and such an obvious cash grab by Blizz to get us to sub longer just to do those stupid rep grinds. Hell, I'm not even saying they should remove the Pathfinder system and change it back to a simple flying licence that you can buy at max level (-actually...THEY FU**ING SHOULD!-) , but at least remove the horrible rep grinds from it. Doing them is no fun at all and just tedious work...heck why not make an interesting quest line that you have to do in order to be able to fly?

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Despite all the DK bullshittery from me, I leveled my Paladin from to 120 via timewalking over the weekend and I had forgotten how much fun that class is to play. Also, brain dead simple compared to DK.

Timewalking leveling is by far the most effective way to do it. Nothing comes close.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
You have too much loyalty to the Dark Lady. Surrender to the Ebon Blade!

Despite all the DK bullshittery from me, I leveled my Paladin from to 120 via timewalking over the weekend and I had forgotten how much fun that class is to play. Also, brain dead simple compared to DK.

Paladin tanking is fun but I find it also to be a little lacking in engagement. Not really sure why.

Timewalking leveling is by far the most effective way to do it. Nothing comes close.

I did Timewalking leveling the other night and was FLOORED by how much experience they give now.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Paladin tanking is fun but I find it also to be a little lacking in engagement. Not really sure why.

I did Timewalking leveling the other night and was FLOORED by how much experience they give now.

I think it's because as I said, it's so easy. With Blood's lower armor values it feels like you balancing on a knife edge sometimes. It's a bit more anxiety inducing but also keeps you on your toes and rewarding when you do it well. That being said, I do think our armor is a little too low, I shouldn't feel squishy as a tank in plate armor.

I've been thinking about leveling my Warrior and DH but now I'm thinking I'll wait until TW comes around again.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I mean I like the purple but I don't want Sylvanas as the Lich Queen.

I think everyone misinterprets my like of her character as wanting her to be like the ultimate evil killing machine but I've just always enjoyed the more "in the shadows/'underdog'-ish" characters in fiction.

The Sylvanas we have now is not the character I wanted or loved. We better get a soap opera evil twin storyline or something because currently I'm extremely disappointed.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
scene opens: uther's bedroom. uther is sleeping restlessly before he awakes with a fright. he gets out of bed and cautiously opens the door to the en suite bathroom. the shower is running and a figure is visible behind the curtain. uther nervously opens the shower and is visibly relieved

uther: oh arthas, i just had the most frightening dream

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I've said it a bunch of times already, but with new Bolvar/DK stuff happening if they keep Shadowmourne as un-moggable (at least for DK) I'm gonna be an angry gamer.

If Demon Hunter's can use illidan's glaives, DK's should be able to rock Shadowmourne.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
I've said it a bunch of times already, but with new Bolvar/DK stuff happening if they keep Shadowmourne as un-moggable (at least for DK) I'm gonna be an angry gamer.

If Demon Hunter's can use illidan's glaives, DK's should be able to rock Shadowmourne.

Was thinking about grabbing Shadowmourne on my DK. I never bothered. Is it a pain these days?

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I like the purple but I don't want Sylvanas as the Lich Queen.

I think everyone misinterprets my like of her character as wanting her to be like the ultimate evil killing machine but I've just always enjoyed the more "in the shadows/'underdog'-ish" characters in fiction.

The Sylvanas we have now is not the character I wanted or loved. We better get a soap opera evil twin storyline or something because currently I'm extremely disappointed.

I have to agree this is one time I would not be disappointed by evil twin storyline in fiction

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I have to agree this is one time I would not be disappointed by evil twin storyline in fiction

At this point I don't think we will. No matter what happens someone is going to be disappointed and extremely vocal about said disappointment.

If she's redeemed the outcry of "Oh my god that whore/bitch/slut Sylvanas still sucks!!!" will be immeasurable so I think they're going to take the easy way out and just write her further into the corner to kill her off. Or make her immortal but trap her in the Waifu Blade for all eternity as a "be careful what you wish for" life lesson.

My hype for Blizzcon has dropped exponentially because I've come to realize that no matter what is announced a good portion of the fandom is going to shit all over it and jump to correct anyone who would have interest in it as being wrong or constantly pull the "well actually!!!" to express some nerd rage "I know more than you" card and idk - I just want to skip all that and just have new content. I'm going to watch the reveal but I can't get myself excited anymore at this point.

I hope no one else feels like this and I won't try to drag anyone down because this sucks. WoW is one of the few happy/joyful things in my life and I feel like that's been ripped away from me in some ways. I hope everyone else has an enjoyable Blizzcon reveal. Only a few hours remain.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
It's not really difficult at all, you just need to do icecrown every week for like 3 months.
Actually one of the steps might require a 2nd person to help? I don't remember entirely.

The Blood Queen Lana'thel stage of the Shadowmourne quest is a *pain* to do; can in principle be done by two as long as they have a few rezzes to play with, but the (relatively!) new res-timer system still adds complexity. In practice easier with more, and she needs to live long enough to have the abilities happen; last time I went there to help out I killed her too early with reflected damage.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
The Blood Queen Lana'thel stage of the Shadowmourne quest is a *pain* to do; can in principle be done by two as long as they have a few rezzes to play with, but the (relatively!) new res-timer system still adds complexity. In practice easier with more, and she needs to live long enough to have the abilities happen; last time I went there to help out I killed her too early with reflected damage.

I believe I did that in Legion with a friend and "naked" so we could reduce any chance of extra damage and it worked quite well. But yes, 2 battle rez classes are extremely useful if you have access to it.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that sounds about right. Once you get that step done though it's just weeks of farming shadowfrost shards until you're done.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
At this point I don't think we will. No matter what happens someone is going to be disappointed and extremely vocal about said disappointment.

If she's redeemed the outcry of "Oh my god that whore/bitch/slut Sylvanas still sucks!!!" will be immeasurable so I think they're going to take the easy way out and just write her further into the corner to kill her off. Or make her immortal but trap her in the Waifu Blade for all eternity as a "be careful what you wish for" life lesson.

Yeah....I don't think there's any real way they can 'salvage' her character at this point - unless they do some crazy asspull like 'the tree and the night elves were necessary as soldiers in the shadow realm, AND I can bring them back to life', she'll at best end up like Illidan and be shunted off-screen after the next xpac is done.

But at the same time, she's still one of, if not the only huge 'pull' to the narrative after what seemingly happens in 8.3.....so can't say for sure.

(I think that at this point, Blizz has cannibalized the original plan for her after the 'outcry' from players, so if you take that into consideration, some of the story inconsistencies make it hard to ascertain for sure).

At this point, I'm more curious if she'll be pro- or against whatever Bolvar is involved in, and if she'll actually be featured in the main showing/trailer/what have you.

I'm honestly somewhat surprised they haven't copied what they did with BT in making ICC a timewalking raid, tbh.

Kaim Argonar

Dec 8, 2017
To the transmogrification connoisseurs here, are Fangs of the Father transmoggable? Because I stopped doing dragon soul with an alter when I had almost 300 shards and never bothered finishing it.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017

Thanks. I don't have people to run it with, so probably won't bother since Frostmourne isn't even moggable.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know Frostmourne wasn't moggable until I was like halfway through collecting Shards, lol. Wasn't too hard to find randos to do Lana'thel with using the group finder tho.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
So I havent been paying attention to soloing for a while.

How easy is it to solo ICC now as a Warlock?

Status
Not open for further replies.