• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Mmochampion just shared this https://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2019/october/blinkMystery.jpg looks like it matches up with the Shadowlands t-shirt and Bolvar pic https://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2019/october/slleak01.jpg outside of the $30/$30 being $25/$30. So yeah if anyone had any doubt the next expansion is Shadowlands you may as well change your mind.

join us on discord so you're not 34 days behind the news :3

Helot_Azure

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So if its Shadowlands, does that mean the map from the July leak is real and that we're getting "Ghostbuster" Tinkers?

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
So if its Shadowlands, does that mean the map from the July leak is real and that we're getting "Ghostbuster" Tinkers?

Not necessarily. There's been plenty of speculation about Shadowlands being next since way before that leak ever surfaced.

Most leaks take available information and a lot of wish fulfillment and get posted. We won't know more until tomorrow, really.

Island

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
so Archeage was a shitshow, and LOTRO hasnt been able to hook me yet.

I stopped playing right after BfA launched, and I think I am level 116? Is there any guide or video to help me catch up to speed on whats going on both mechanics and story wise? I tried to search but couldnt find anything that matched where I am starting from.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
I'm going to admit that I'd rather see a Dark Ranger class added, but if this Tinker thing is real I'm very interested to see how they execute it. The game really needs more mail users and ranged DPS IMO. Hopefully a Tinker class will fit the bill.

EDIT: I also feel like tomorrow I'm going to end up caving in and resubbing lol.

Racketpunch

Oct 26, 2017
Just resubbed after trying out FFXIV. All that game did was make me want to play this even more.

Time to work on unlocking flying. Anyone have a rough estimate on how long it takes?

Decepticonprime

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 23, 2019
Have there been any rumors of the Mechagon dungeon being changed from Mythic only? It is a requirement for unlocking MechaGnomes and I really hate when they force a mythic. I know that others were changed eventually (much like Siege of Boralus and others) but just curious as to how long it may be.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Have there been any rumors of the Mechagon dungeon being changed from Mythic only? It is a requirement for unlocking MechaGnomes and I really hate when they force a mythic. I know that others were changed eventually (much like Siege of Boralus and others) but just curious as to how long it may be.

its 100% happening

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
all I want from the new expansion is to make classes feel like classes again, return to proper itemisation, get rid of the awful spenders/gainers system for classes, bring back stuff like mana, bring back all the good old stats and get rid of boring secondary stats like "versatility", get rid of the awful azerite and any ideas similar with gear where it gives you passive abilities where it's impossible to know if it's good for you or not (gotta sim it with external tools, it's the only way, awful game design to solely rely on third party tools to make decisions). the entire class changes/itemisation is the single most awful thing of the game that needs drastic changes. almost all the classes feel the same to play. and yeah, I've been out of the loop of WoW since cataclysm, since that's when I stopped playing the game and returned with BfA, and these issues are what I don't like about WoW when I started playing again. i hate that playing a paladin, I don't have the full "set" of being a paladin... only a spec... same with warlock. I like having the whole "set" that you can then modify where *YOU* see fit with talent points in the respective specs.

also saw this video by Venruki, I timestamped it and he makes the same and many other good points, which is all I want to see too. he says more eloquently about classes than I do, "play the class, not the spec" - "play a mage, not a fire mage". basically how classes used to be.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Good luck to everyone today. Hopefully you get something you want.

giphy.gif

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Time to work on unlocking flying. Anyone have a rough estimate on how long it takes?

No idea, but here is a guide

I stopped playing right after BfA launched, and I think I am level 116? Is there any guide or video to help me catch up to speed on whats going on both mechanics and story wise? I tried to search but couldnt find anything that matched where I am starting from.

You should be playing through the 3 zone content and the war campaign since both comprise the main story. You can tell where you are in each zone as the quest log has a checklist of each zone's "chapter" or storyline. Once you finish all the chapters, you get an achievement for the zone. You will also rep up at to revered while doing that which is useful, but not necessary. You need all 3 zones, revered rep and the war campaign to even start the flying questline.

This is the alliance version: https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=12593/loremaster-of-kul-tiras

If you just want to power to 120, do at least 1 random dungeon a day or wait for timewalking. Every two timewalking runs is 1 level from 110-120. It's a great way to get a second 120 fast. Grab a DH and tank TW power runs from 98.

Also for rep and xp, the anniversary event usually has a reusable token that gives 10% xp/rep. It should start around 11/15.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
I can't watch it live because I am at a concert but I think I am going to be very happy with shadowlands, diablo 4 and overwatch 2.
Legion was my favorite WoW expansion ever and I was extremely hyped for BFA, in the end it was a big disappointmend but honestly I still care about it and looking back I definitely liked it. I will be there for shadowlands.
Similar with diablo 3, gameplaywise the best diablo has ever been, bumpy launch with the real money action house and some poor story bits, but looking back I loved this game. Very very excited about diablo 4, especially with the art being darker again. and I say that as someone who enjoyed the D3 art.
overwatch is not really my jam but if it's decent PVE I will be in day 1.

so I am quite excited to watch the trailers and read the news tomorrow.

Island

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
No idea, but here is a guide

You should be playing through the 3 zone content and the war campaign since both comprise the main story. You can tell where you are in each zone as the quest log has a checklist of each zone's "chapter" or storyline. Once you finish all the chapters, you get an achievement for the zone. You will also rep up at to revered while doing that which is useful, but not necessary. You need all 3 zones, revered rep and the war campaign to even start the flying questline.

This is the alliance version: https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=12593/loremaster-of-kul-tiras

If you just want to power to 120, do at least 1 random dungeon a day or wait for timewalking. Every two timewalking runs is 1 level from 110-120. It's a great way to get a second 120 fast. Grab a DH and tank TW power runs from 98.

Also for rep and xp, the anniversary event usually has a reusable token that gives 10% xp/rep. It should start around 11/15.
Thanks for this!

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
This is me on the daily, though.

A level 120 boost has been datamined so popular theory is that a level squish has been shelved until they can better work it out.

I only want a level squish (which will happen eventually) with a full on revamp of the old world, like a complete one not some half ass Cata shit. BUT! I need it to include a way to go back to the old version via Zidormi.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I only want a level squish (which will happen eventually) with a full on revamp of the old world, like a complete one not some half ass Cata shit. BUT! I need it to include a way to go back to the old version via Zidormi.

I don't think we'll ever get another full revamp but I agree with the Zidormi stuff. I never want to lose access to older stories again.

The way they're handling revamped zones via BFA is the way to do it - make a new one but keep the old one accessible.

Status
Not open for further replies.