• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
It's not the greatest movie in the world but as a fan of World of Warcraft and Warcraft I fucking love it.

Would love to see a movie with more races like Trolls, Taurens, Undead.

I love this scene.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's not the greatest movie in the world but as a fan of World of Warcraft and Warcraft I fucking love it.

I love this scene.

It's a perfectly fine fantasy movie, but it should have been much more. It's neither amazing or the garbage some thing it is. I will say it did the Orcs fantastically however. I normally don't care much for Orc stuff but they were the most interesting part of the movie.

I don't remember that scene at all though, was it cut? It's pretty good.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
It's a perfectly fine fantasy movie, but it should have been much more. It's neither amazing or the garbage some thing it is. I will say it did the Orcs fantastically however. I normally don't care much for Orc stuff but they were the most interesting part of the movie.

I don't remember that scene at all though, was it cut? It's pretty good.

yeah it's a deleted scene

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Warcraft movie definitely wasn't as bad as some people would have you believe. It also wasn't great, just a middling popcorn movie. I don't expect to ever get anything better though unless it's written by someone not employed by Blizzard.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
It's just sort of baffling that in this era of cinematic universes, they tried to make a completely self contained Warcraft story rather than doing the logical thing of focusing on one aspect of it and building out the rest through sequels.

Warcraft: ORCS
Warcraft: HUMANS
Warcraft 3: REIGN OF CHAOS

There's just no way to satisfyingly do WC3's entire universe building in a movie set during WC1 when it should be more focused on the story of Blackhand or King Llane and not all the bit players or lore setup for stuff that won't be relevant for 15 years.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Duncan Jones was clearly a huge fan. Probably too huge. The film's biggest flaw is that he chose to tell the Warcraft 1 story, because of course that's where you start, right? Ironically, fidelity to the source material, to a fault, is probably its downfall. The human characters kind of sucked, though, but the Orc parts were really good.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I think the proper move would basically have Warcraft 1 be a 5 minute prologue that starts the movie, sort of like the Galadriel narration that starts Fellowship of the Ring. You then have a movie focused on the ultimate Alliance vs Horde conflict, with sequel potential in an Arthas and/or Thrall focused adaptation of War3.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Yeah I think the proper move would basically have Warcraft 1 be a 5 minute prologue that starts the movie, sort of like the Galadriel narration that starts Fellowship of the Ring. You then have a movie focused on the ultimate Alliance vs Horde conflict, with sequel potential in an Arthas and/or Thrall focused adaptation of War3.

Yep and if it does well enough then you can go into prequel territory

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, the whole WC1 plot basically feels like prologue material. It's not the meat of the story. I think a Thrall-focused movie starting with the events of the book, with Durnholde and all that, could've been pretty great. Would be a great contrast to introduce the lethargic Orcs if you just saw them as this warlike horde in the prologue and it would've immediately made Thrall/the orcs sympathetic, and the alliance the bad guys, which is much more interesting imo than the cookie-cutter human heroes we got in the actual film.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017

I love this scene.

I liked it a lot, even watched it again when it was on tv and don't get the hate at all. I would have loved for this to be a s successful movie franchise.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Honestly Warcraft makes a lot of sense as a multimedia franchise, but they probably should've done a big movie event starring a character people actually cared about and then maybe gone for a big miniseries rather than what we actually got.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
They should have made a tv series instead of a movie for the franchise, there's too much to tell in Warcraft lore to do it in movies, let alone one.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
I would have liked to see a Warcraft movie that was self-contained, small in scale and was set during WoW rather than the Warcraft games (for as much as I love the RTS games, they're not the thing most people fell in love with when it comes to Warcraft as a franchise).

My ideal Warcraft movie:

A small group of Alliance and Horde raiders band together to defeat a Classic WoW Boss (ex. Onyxia, Ragnaros, Kel'Thuzad, etc.).

A simple story that focuses on character relationships and doesn't require massive lore/exposition dumps. Most people don't need races like Dwarves, Elves, Orcs, etc. explained to them because so much of those elements exist in broader fantasy.

It should incorporate everything people love about WoW: Alliance/Horde, different races/classes, exploring the world of Azeroth, working together, and defeating powerful bosses.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Pffthahaha

h89a3Zr.png

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
That's what happens when Bolvar is desperate for new DK's but all he can find is like half of a gnome and some spare parts in a dumpster

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Yeah, as far the idea for an infinite trait goes it's probably not going to end up mattering all that much with all the other corruption resistance we'll get.

Since there's only a few items with guaranteed corruption, and you can cheaply remove it if you don't want the affix or are over the cap, it's way less critical to grind the heart out.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
I think I have the most fun in WoW equipping the very best gear I can possibly get for timewalking. It's the same with Korrak's Revenge. I had Val'anyr, legendary cloak, and tons of gear with sockets and I felt like a God.

Hopefully Blizzard embraces this aspect of the game rather than shun it like they have been.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Don't know if some of you guys are into pet battle dungeons but 8.3 will deliver on this point with the conclusion of the shadowy figures plotline : https://www.wowhead.com/news=296245/blackrock-depths-pet-battle-dungeon-preview
Also the associated vendor NPC is named Burt Macklyn. You son of a bitch.

I saw that too. Just did the Strat quests. Never got around to it before. Looking forward to finishing the story. Guess they will start a new one in SL.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Seems pretty clear it was the Infinite, though that could be anyone now that they've dropped some hints that it's not necessarily just a dragonflight that was led by Murozond.

That's what I thought too but it's left so open ended that I feel we're gonna get a "GOTCHA! IT WAS SYLVANAS!" level plot twist since its been ignored so far since it was implemented.

Oct 25, 2017
Why am I getting such weird loading times in game and then I try to do mechagon opening quest and I fly to mechagon and just hang midair on the gyrocopter til I restart or midconnect...

Oct 25, 2017
The tower in visions sounds exciting since you can solo or group for it. And maybe it will be fun to run on my alts, which I do not typically run M+ or raids on.

Status
Not open for further replies.