• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA
There's some neat stuff here, and I wouldn't say it's a bad patch by any stretch, but it certainly has that feeling like the devs peaced the fuck out to work on Shadowlands. To me at least. There's definitely some good stuff here, but there's something about it that feels a little.... like they were rushed off this at some point.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
There's some neat stuff here, and I wouldn't say it's a bad patch by any stretch, but it certainly has that feeling like the devs peaced the fuck out to work on Shadowlands. To me at least. There's definitely some good stuff here, but there's something about it that feels a little.... like they were rushed off this at some point.

Good, they did the same thing with WoD and we got Legion out of it, BFA needs to die so Shadowlands can be amazing.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
I thought for sure that the new patch would bring some of my guildies back but nope, 3 people have logged on not including myself. Sheesh. So fucking depressing to see the last login times.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I never thought it would happen but one of my last 3 WoW friends one of the ride or die Blizzard fanboys has quit. /pours one out

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I never thought it would happen but one of my last 3 WoW friends one of the ride or die Blizzard fanboys has quit. /pours one out

giphy.gif

Bregor

Oct 27, 2017
Our guild was worried about the new raid tier, but a bunch of people came back! I'm so pleased. :)

Edit: I told them a dad joke I'd been saving 2 months just for them!

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
Well worth dabbling into the two "medium" areas in the vision once you've got a couple of upgrades. Especially the Zekhan/Zappy Boi one which is extremely easy once you have the Sanity orb thingymabobjib.

The assaults kind of suck, though. Especially Uldum. Everything seems so sparse there? Objectives and players...

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Someone help me understand why the new Auction House is being marketed with the message "you no longer have to undercut!"

As I understand it, the AH now actually sorts the lowest priced unit items and lists them at the top when you conduct a search. So, even if Joe goes and posts a stack of Weed for 20g unit price today, and Bob pops a bunch for 19g unit price tomorrow, it's Bob's that will show up at the top in a search. Right?

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Got my cloak to 5 for the week. Did a corrupted area along with Thrall before I got the 40% sanity protection and it was a close thing. Assume it will get easier as the cloak and memento tree goes up. Now I get to play in the taint. Yay?

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
So I hit 54 earlier and am just starting the Eastern Plagueland questline. There is sooo much I still need to do in the Western Plagueland and so many other zones that cap at 60. I have leveled too quickly to take in all the zones ; ; I am planning to start BC till 60 and then jump to 70 by doing all of Northend. But I am still very disappointed I missed out on leveling / exploring in other zones. I am wondering if I should start a new character to complete the zones I missed before. I wanted to create a character with all quests completed but there are just too many to keep your level low enough lol Does a new character have all quests reset? Can I get the dungeon achievement but doing all the dungeons I missed on my alt or does it all have to be the same character?

Oct 25, 2017
Someone help me understand why the new Auction House is being marketed with the message "you no longer have to undercut!"

As I understand it, the AH now actually sorts the lowest priced unit items and lists them at the top when you conduct a search. So, even if Joe goes and posts a stack of Weed for 20g unit price today, and Bob pops a bunch for 19g unit price tomorrow, it's Bob's that will show up at the top in a search. Right?

From what I understand, if Bob listed his weed at 20g and someone came along and bought weed at 20g the weed that is sold first is the last posted at that price. If they buy more than what Bob listed then some of Joe's weed would be sold, or whoever posted in between them.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Being a Nightborne, and then applying the masquerade buff to turn into a proper-looking when I visited Suramar for one of the allied race recruitment questlines.... was hilariously depressing

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
From what I understand, if Bob listed his weed at 20g and someone came along and bought weed at 20g the weed that is sold first is the last posted at that price. If they buy more than what Bob listed then some of Joe's weed would be sold, or whoever posted in between them.

Word, I totally understand that. What I'm trying to understand is why they're communicating that "undercutting isn't needed anymore!"
Wouldn't undercutting in your example mean that the buyer would see the 19g first and buy that? Whether it was posted before, after, or at the same time as the 20g.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, unlocking Vulpera's been worth it. I just fired up a class trial to run around as one, and I actually have weird delight about it. lol.

I love Allied Races so much. So much more variety in the game for race/class combos than even just a year or two ago.

It's left me with some character creation paralysis though -- haha, what Vulpera class should I play?!

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Oh man, unlocking Vulpera's been worth it. I just fired up a class trial to run around as one, and I actually have weird delight about it. lol.

I love Allied Races so much. So much more variety in the game for race/class combos than even just a year or two ago.

It's left me with some character creation paralysis though -- haha, what Vulpera class should I play?!

I made a brewmaster named Creamchis and an Outlaw named Gokaiger. I need to come up with a name for a survival hunter.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Word, I totally understand that. What I'm trying to understand is why they're communicating that "undercutting isn't needed anymore!"
Wouldn't undercutting in your example mean that the buyer would see the 19g first and buy that? Whether it was posted before, after, or at the same time as the 20g.
From the way it's described, I think you don't pick who to buy it from anymore. You just buy it at "that price".

I say this without doing any research! But that's how it sounds to me?

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
From the way it's described, I think you don't pick who to buy it from anymore. You just buy it at "that price".

I say this without doing any research! But that's how it sounds to me?

Word, I get that. But I mean...undercutting still means your shit gets sold first, no? As long as someone doesn't undercut you afterward...
Which is...exactly the same way it operated before with regards to undercutting.

But yes, the new system works well assuming there's a floor and that everyone sells at the same price. You don't choose who you buy from at a given price anymore.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
The new music in Boralus is sweet. Or am I just noticing it now, and it was added in 8.2 or 8.2.5?
I think they first added new tracks in for Boralus in 8.1 or 8.1.5, which also played in one or two other zones. The one I'm hearing now I don't recall hearing before.

Did they ever add more in Zuldazar?

--

Another great undocumented patch change:

When you are typing a message and have the text box open, you can now click in and out of the text box to resume normal play without clearing out everything you typed into the text box. Then you can click back into the text box to resume typing where you left off.

Yay!

--

Also, fuck, I love WoW Reddit:

2zMcMv9wo_Lwamq4USSMR5ca_oWgcPHGB3E-IUm4ETM.png

Last edited:

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Yo, so another random thought.
(triple post, whatever, they're all about different things):

There are four rewards for each weapon type when you swear fealty to the Lich King as a new Allied Race or Pandaren DK:
- Freezing (Frost)
- Unholy
- Crimson (Blood)
- and Burning --- UPCOMING FIRE SPEC IN SHADOWLANDS?!

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Word, I get that. But I mean...undercutting still means your shit gets sold first, no? As long as someone doesn't undercut you afterward...
Which is...exactly the same way it operated before with regards to undercutting.

But yes, the new system works well assuming there's a floor and that everyone sells at the same price. You don't choose who you buy from at a given price anymore.
Ah i see what you're asking now. Previously the primary need to undercut was to sell quickly, is their thinking. You might still want to undercut but only if you're sure no one else is willing to sell at your price.

But the loop inevitability drove the prices down over and over until the bubble broke and it went back up.

I guess.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Yo, so another random thought.
(triple post, whatever, they're all about different things):

There are four rewards for each weapon type when you swear fealty to the Lich King as a new Allied Race or Pandaren DK:
- Freezing (Frost)
- Unholy
- Crimson (Blood)
- and Burning --- UPCOMING FIRE SPEC IN SHADOWLANDS?!

The fire just represents Bolvar since he was fire attuned it seems. They could add the spec but I would say it's more just the Bolvar thing than anything.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I feel like if new specs were coming it'd be something they'd have highligted at Blizzcon. Would be a weird thing to drop out of nowhere, given the ramifications it has.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
On the plus side- I think they hotfixed the rares. I just ran into like 5 in a row withint a couple minutes of each other

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
So is the only difference from a Major and Minor Assault reward wise just Major gives 1500 rep and Minor gives 500? Everything else seems the same.

Oh wait Major also gives a Vessel, nevermind.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Slowly working through the 8.3 intro quests.

I was hoping the Rajani would be more fleshed out as a faction, the Mogu would be an awesome Allied Race one day.

It was still nice to see a female Mogu in there.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Slowly working through the 8.3 intro quests.

I was hoping the Rajani would be more fleshed out as a faction, the Mogu would be an awesome Allied Race one day.

It was still nice to see a female Mogu in there.

here's my theory: we may not be getting an 8.3.5 but I think we're getting another set of Allied Races before we close BFA for good. There's room for one more set in the character select screen and we know they're being "retired" for Shadowlands. If Vulpera/Mechagnomes were truly the end then why have that extra space? They could always extend it instead when the feature returned. So yeah.

Not a lot of solid evidence but I think Mogu and Jinyu may be possible/most likely. Who knows though. I'd fucking play one (of both, actually) RIGHT NOW if I could.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
here's my theory: we may not be getting an 8.3.5 but I think we're getting another set of Allied Races before we close BFA for good. There's room for one more set in the character select screen and we know they're being "retired" for Shadowlands. If Vulpera/Mechagnomes were truly the end then why have that extra space? They could always extend it instead when the feature returned. So yeah.

Not a lot of solid evidence but I think Mogu and Jinyu may be possible/most likely. Who knows though. I'd fucking play one (of both, actually) RIGHT NOW if I could.
I agree that it's possible for 9.0, though I think Gilblin and Ankoan are more likely than the Mogu.

Status
Not open for further replies.