• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Eu7CH61oSZ6so6giTvEHSA

Welcome to the Battle for Azeroth OT2!

BLIZZCON ANNOUNCEMENTS:

9.0 aka World of Warcraft: Shadowlands

Shadowlands Overview Trailer:

Celebrating the launch of 8.3 and beyond! Eye'm watching you….

879553.jpg

9pzXGDr9Q7SB1INXJBdXpA

-8.3 launches on January 14th! (8.3 Patch Notes)

-Patch 8.2.5 launched on September 24! (8.2.5 Patch Notes)

-Patch 8.2 launched on June 25th!
(8.2 Patch Notes)

-WoW Classic Launches on August 27th, 2019 (WoW Classic OT)

-Patch 8.0 (Patch Notes)
BFA launch
Burning of Teldrassil, Battle for Lordaeron
Uldir
Introduction of Mag'har Orcs and Dark Iron Dwarves
Stromgarde Warfront and Island Expeditions
Not Mists 2.0

-Patch 8.1 / 8.1.5 (8.1 Patch Notes) (8.1.5 Patch Notes)
War Campaign continues
Zandalari and Kul Tirans recruited into the Horde / Alliance
Battle for Dazar'alor
Crucible of Storms
N'zoth stirs, Azshara schemes, and Knaifu Xal'atath manipulates
Darkshore Warfront and MORE Island expeditions!

-Patch 8.2 (Patch Notes)
Azshara's Eternal Palace raid
New Zones: Naz'jatar and Mechagon
Heroic Stromgarde Warfront
More Old God shenanigans!
Continued War Campaign!
Mount equipment!
Pathfinder 2.0! FLYING in Zandalar, Kul Tiras, and the two new zones! Plus a free mount!
MORE NEW ISLANDS!

-Patch 8.2.5 (Development Notes)
Updated Goblin and Worgen models
15 Year Anniversary Event
BEE MOUNT, YO
Firelands Timewalking Raid
Party Sync - scale down to run dungeons with lower leveled friends similar to Timewalking but available any time!
Recruit a Friend returns!

-Patch 8.3 (Patch Notes)
Corrupted Zones: Uldum and Vale of Eternal Blossoms
New Raid: Ny'alotha, the Waking City
New Affix for M+: Awakened
New Gamplay Content: Assaults and Horrific Visions
New Legendary: Ashjra'kamas, Shroud of Resolve
War/Titanforging replaced with Corrupted Items
New Pet Battle Dungeon: Blackrock Depths
New Allied Races: Vulpera (H) and Mechagnomes (A)
All races can be Death Knights (inc. Pandaren and Allied Races) with Shadowlands preorder
Auction House Overhaul
New quests, rewards, essences, and story content!
Heroic Warfront: Darkshore
....and more!

D8bp2UWQQICtv7iX-SfC8w

WoWERA Discord
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
WoW Classic Discord
Hidden content
The former WoWERA discord isn't really WoW focused anymore and is more of a generalized chat room. This one will be dedicated to World of Warcraft (with OT areas if people need them) and will be run by someone currently playing the game. The content allowed will be very similar to what ERA would allow and moderated as such.

In Game Communities:

NA HORDE:
Hidden content
**Same as the discord - this relaunched community will be handled by myself as I am currently playing the game and able to moderate as needed.

NA ALLIANCE
Hidden content
The NA Alliance community is managed by Jag so please reach out to them with any questions/concerns.
-----------

EU HORDE
Hidden content
EU ALLIANCE
Hidden content
Both of these communities are currently unmanaged as the previous manager no longer plays WoW. Please continue to use the ones available or DM me if you decide you'd like to reroll them and handle their moderation. I will get that info posted here!

n76nOrCTTLGNpIA3k8xspg

Wowhead
WoW Reddit
WoW Guild Recruitment Reddit
@WarcraftDevs Twitter
Wowprogress
RaiderIO
Addons via Curse

-MtoCUYdSwSurbhbXTgLCg

There is no "official" ResetERA guild or server. There's too many of us and too much time invested in our individual servers, guilds, and characters for this to ever work out (and it's been tried before!) The communities above share a similar function. If you're looking for a guild please check the above resources or even ask in this topic. Some players (including myself) have recruited successfully in the OT before.

How do I complete/find/do….. My best advice is to a) google the quest name or mob and usually the Wowhead link for it will be the first option or b) just go to Wowhead directly (see above resources section) and search for it there! The comment section is super helpful and usually pretty descriptive. I'm sure none of us here mind helping but you'll probably find your answer much more quickly this way. And you're also welcome to ask in the discord. Someone is bound to be online and may know the answer.

Can I trash talk Retail/Classic here? No. Please don't. Analysis and opinions are one thing (e.g. "I like the leveling process of Classic better because [thought out post here]") but coming into this topic and saying trash like "RETAIL SUCKS AND ANYONE WHO PLAYS IT IS ABSOLUTE CASUAL KODO MANURE" isn't going to generate meaningful discussion or get you any kind of good response. Same goes for Classic. Let's be relative adults here and be respectful and not shit on each other for potentially enjoying "different" games.

Lok'tar Ogar!
For the Alliance!

Last edited:

Kintaro

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow nice to see a date for 8.2 I was thinking of taking some time off. Now I'll have to read up on the upcoming stuff and how to capitalize on some of it.

Nov 2, 2017
I just got back into the game, be nice to play with at least somewhat like-minded folk. I wasn't expecting the deluge of awfulness and racism that plagues the capital cities. It wasn't great way back when I played a lot (mostly in BC and Vanilla), but holy shit, it's nasty now.

Kintaro

Oct 27, 2017
Ok let's make these communities awesome!! ERA events here we come!! This is going to be great!

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I just got back into the game, be nice to play with at least somewhat like-minded folk. I wasn't expecting the deluge of awfulness and racism that plagues the capital cities. It wasn't great way back when I played a lot (mostly in BC and Vanilla), but holy shit, it's nasty now.
Yeah, I make a point of minimizing chat whenever I'm in Org these days. Too many people with nothing worth saying and a whole lot of hate.

Bregor

Oct 27, 2017
I just hide them all in a separate tab. That way I can still read them if needed, but can ignore them most of the time.

Mikoby

Oct 28, 2017
I'm resubbing for 8.2 and hope that it rekindles my interest in BfA. Gonna get flying and mess about in the new zones but I think i'm done raiding, at least for now. That new M+ affix doesn't seem fun either but I'm still cautiously optimistic overall

Phoenix944

Oct 28, 2017
Ugh, next raid is coming and I still didn't finish Battle for Dazar'alor :(

I've tried once with randoms but didn't go well. I'm still trying to find a guild that do only normal raids but no luck so far.
After grinding my teeth on Uldir HM/MM I don't think I have the courage to do HL raid in me anymore

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Ugh, next raid is coming and I still didn't finish Battle for Dazar'alor :(

I've tried once with randoms but didn't go well. I'm still trying to find a guild that do only normal raids but no luck so far.
After grinding my teeth on Uldir HM/MM I don't think I have the courage to do HL raid in me anymore

Shameless self promotion but my guild is a Normal/Heroic Horde guild. I'm not sure if you're truly, 100% burned out but we've got a good thing going (even if we took the end of 8.0 and 8.1 off) where we raid for the fun and loot of it all. Very low pressure, friendly players, and it's about the fun rather than the prestige.

We got AOTC on every Legion raid so we're competent but my philosophy is "AOTC is a bonus and not the goal" so if you're looking for something like that feel free to DM me!

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
New OT smell so good

That's just my Very Sexy by Victoria's Secret I'm currently wearing but thanks!

I was telling my guild last night that it almost doesn't feel real that 8.2 is releasing next week. I almost fear a "whoops we done goofed" post is incoming, lol. I'm so ready though. I wish I took a day off for it but ehhhh. The raid launches on the day I'm having surgery and I feel guilty about it since I know everyone is gearing up for it. I wonder how well I'd tank on painkillers?

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
They've learned their lesson about killing off big lore figures after they had to un-kill Illidan during Legion, I think.

What we know of the encounter in 8.2 makes it sound like we just imprison Azshara to keep her from being involved in 8.3 which will undoubtedly be all about the Mr. Tentacles and his many friends.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Unkilling Illidan and then shoving him off into space is forever lol to me.

"There, he's not dead anymore and not a bad guy either. But we don't want to use him. Now shut up about it." - Blizzard Blue Post, probably

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, I'm bummed out today. The guild I'm in has been progressing on heroic Jaina for the past two weeks (this was going to be week 3), and last night the raid team fell apart. We are a pretty casual progression guild and the disparity between our best and worst players hit a breaking point, with resentment on both sides. The top players resenting being held back by the bottom players and having to carry them, and the bottom players resenting being told they might have to sit so that the, in their words, "crackpot hardcore strike team" who is "sucking the fun out of the game" could get their clear.

So no AotC for me, I guess. :/

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Ugh, I'm bummed out today. The guild I'm in has been progressing on heroic Jaina for the past two weeks (this was going to be week 3), and last night the raid team fell apart. We are a pretty casual progression guild and the disparity between our best and worst players hit a breaking point, with resentment on both sides. The top players resenting being held back by the bottom players and having to carry them, and the bottom players resenting being told they might have to sit so that the, in their words, "crackpot hardcore strike team" who is "sucking the fun out of the game" could get their clear.

So no AotC for me, I guess. :/

That kinda happened to us in 8.0 but I honestly place the blame on the "hardcore" people because about three of them just thought they were god's gift to the game but yet didn't want to just move on to a higher level raiding guild. They liked the "prestige" that came from being able to top charts every raid but then started talking down to EVERYONE, including me, and that shit just didn't fly with anyone else. It sucked.

Sorry you're dealing with that stuff though. I don't care about AOTC but it sucks if it was something you were working towards.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Here we go again!

Not sure when i'm subbing back.. Maybe around the first week of July. Might level up my hunter however I do have my Mage at 120.

Er... Would love for a level boost on my Hunter.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
I want to pose a question that's been asked on other WoW forums.

Often when WoW expansions get released, they focus on Endgame content (with the exception of Cataclysm's world revamp) instead of refreshing old/leveling content, but never both.

Would the WoW community be fine with Blizzard taking an additional year (so let's say Fall 2021 for the next expansion) of development to create a new and compelling endgame, as well as revamping old content, introducing new quality of life features, more polish to content, and just all around future-proofing the game some more?

They are obviously struggling to make expansions within the two-year deadline they set for themselves.

Granted, this would likely lead to a lot of players unsubscribing with no guarantee they'd be back.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond

Often when WoW expansions get released, they focus on Endgame content (with the exception of Cataclysm's world revamp) instead of refreshing old/leveling content, but never both.

Would the WoW community be fine with Blizzard taking an additional year (so let's say Fall 2021 for the next expansion) of development to create a new and compelling endgame, as well as revamping old content, introducing new quality of life features, more polish to content, and just all around future-proofing the game some more?

They are obviously struggling to make expansions within the two-year deadline they set for themselves.

Granted, this would likely lead to a lot of players unsubscribing with no guarantee they'd be back.

In theory, yes. In practice? Probably not. We already go roughly a year after the x.3 patch with no content. I can't imagine doing that for two years instead.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA

They would need to include something to bridge the gap. I wouldn't be against them trying to improve the leveling experience, but I'll need something to do or I'm going to spend my time elsewhere.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal

Sure but it better be a overhaul for that long.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017

I'd be ok with this just because my overall investment in the game is much lower now than it was x amount of years ago, and a lot of other games are able to satisfy the particular persistent online progression itch that the MMO space occupies. I'd much rather just like, not play the game for a year or two if that means returning to a much improved product.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Pathfinder probably won't be too bad. Nazjatar seems like the same ole, but with a nice little undersea coat of paint, so it's at least refreshing. Mechagon seems like a legitimately good place to get lost in for an hour or so, so hopefully that translates to rep somewhat quickly.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Subbed!
Man, without even realizing it, I kind of went FULL Allied race for currently played characters.

- My NE druid main went Kul Tiran.
- My human mage went Lightforged Draenei.
- My human priest went Void Elf.
- I rolled a Nightborne hunter and capped my first hordie ever.
- I unlocked Mag'har Orcs and Zandalari Trolls (FINALLY) and am thinking I'll do up a shaman and a paladin. Digging both.

I've got a capped human paladin (my vanilla main) and an NE Demon Hunter (fun!) and Dwarf Warlock (also fun!)

But yeah. Allied Races rule. If Vul'pera and Mechagnome are indeed the next two, I'll happily pass. Short races aren't really my thing, haha.

Pumped for 8.2!!

Status
Not open for further replies.