• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Do you mean just getting together to discuss thing or doing runs of something?

We're going over raid plans for this tier, introducing the new people and raid leader and setting a start date. I'm very "everyone contributes something" so I like to have meetings so everyone is on the same page and it's not just "Chris is making all the rules, etc." Most of this stuff has been the same for years but I like to check in like every major patch or so.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
We're going over raid plans for this tier, introducing the new people and raid leader and setting a start date. I'm very "everyone contributes something" so I like to have meetings so everyone is on the same page and it's not just "Chris is making all the rules, etc." Most of this stuff has been the same for years but I like to check in like every major patch or so.

That's awesome. This is the first expansion I've ever raided and it's really increased my enjoyment of the game. Being in such a great guild helps tremendously, and it sound like yours is pretty good as well.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
We raid two nights a week but people will get together for M+ or whatever they feel like on other nights.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Two nights a week is all I can devote and we've been pretty successful. I can't invest any more time than that because I also like to have some sort of life outside of the game and work.

Plus, logistically, organizing people who will attend more than two nights a week is a nightmare. I'm very up front with everyone about things like this though. In each meeting I remind everyone at least three times that "We are not a hardcore guild" because it's practically our slogan and it needs to be repeated because, for whatever reason, people join, raid with us, and think after six months we'll magically grow 10 more players and immediately dive into Mythic raiding even when such a thing was never, ever mentioned, breathed or alluded to. Thankfully, the core members of my group who have been with me for years know this and also want it. It's a good system.

But for real: if someone wants us to change our shit and drop heroic for mythic they can gtfo and find another guild. That's not my shit and it's part of the reason I started this guild with the original GM. There's plenty of hardcore experiences out there. I have no interest in being one of them. We've existed for ten years so I'm doing something right, lol.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Two nights a week is all I can devote and we've been pretty successful. I can't invest any more time than that because I also like to have some sort of life outside of the game and work.

Plus, logistically, organizing people who will attend more than two nights a week is a nightmare. I'm very up front with everyone about things like this though. In each meeting I remind everyone at least three times that "We are not a hardcore guild" because it's practically our slogan and it needs to be repeated because, for whatever reason, people join, raid with us, and think after six months we'll magically grow 10 more players and immediately dive into Mythic raiding even when such a thing was never, ever mentioned, breathed or alluded to. Thankfully, the core members of my group who have been with me for years know this and also want it. It's a good system.

But for real: if someone wants us to change our shit and drop heroic for mythic they can gtfo and find another guild. That's not my shit and it's part of the reason I started this guild with the original GM. There's plenty of hardcore experiences out there. I have no interest in being one of them. We've existed for ten years so I'm doing something right, lol.

Hardcore raiding is what scared me off of it for years. I thought that's what it was always like that but the group I'm with puts fun above all else. They don't care what class or spec you play (they were pretty surprised when I told them mythic guilds have benched Frost DK), or even how good you are at hitting those buttons. All they care about is that you can follow directions so you don't constantly cause wipes. We've all fucked up and caused one here and there but it's never a big deal, shit happens.

In fact early on in my time with them a member was streaming a raid and during the it was bitching about how bad some of us were and when the leaders found out he was kicked. I've probably gushed about them a bit too much around here but it really has been eye opening, WoW has gone from mostly zone quest lines with the occasional lfg for normal dungeons and the very rare LFR raid to something I've become much more engaged with and devote more of my game time to. And yeah, we're quite content to tap out at Heroic raiding with maybe the occasional first boss on Mythic.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
i'm not gonna say that dazaralor is okay now that i can fly, because that would still be more credit than that place deserves

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Hardcore raiding is what scared me off of it for years. I thought that's what it was always like that but the group I'm with puts fun above all else. They don't care what class or spec you play (they were pretty surprised when I told them mythic guilds have benched Frost DK), or even how good you are at hitting those buttons. All they care about is that you can follow directions so you don't constantly cause wipes. We've all fucked up and caused one here and there but it's never a big deal, shit happens.

In fact early on in my time with them a member was streaming a raid and during the it was bitching about how bad some of us were and when the leaders found out he was kicked. I've probably gushed about them a bit too much around here but it really has been eye opening, WoW has gone from mostly zone quest lines with the occasional lfg for normal dungeons and the very rare LFR raid to something I've become much more engaged with and devote more of my game time to. And yeah, we're quite content to tap out at Heroic raiding with maybe the occasional first boss on Mythic.

Your guild sounds similar to my guild. I'm glad you've found something that works for you. When the game "clicks" its just the best feeling ever.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Rustfeather mount is mine. I can move my army of alts off the hill.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Man I'm glad I at least unlocked Z-trolls before this patch because I would not have time to grind it out otherwise. I can't even finish Nazjatar daily stuff and I haven't had time to unlock Mechawhatever zone.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Man I'm glad I at least unlocked Z-trolls before this patch because I would not have time to grind it out otherwise. I can't even finish Nazjatar daily stuff and I haven't had time to unlock Mechawhatever zone.

It really is a lot every day. I've fallen behind. Can barely do one of the zone's dailies each day after work. I am already incurring mad BF aggro for how much time I'm spending as is (an hour or two each night). And that's WITH a full day off on patch day to unlock all the baseline shit and get into daily mode. LOL

updawgs

Oct 27, 2017
Just hit 120 on my frost mage and jeez these Nazj mobs hit harder; but at least the catchup mechanics are real (280 > 360 in an hour). Is it worth grinding through the rest of Kul Tiras or just focusing on Naz?

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Just hit 120 on my frost mage and jeez these Nazj mobs hit harder; but at least the catchup mechanics are real (280 > 360 in an hour). Is it worth grinding through the rest of Kul Tiras or just focusing on Naz?

You can gear up to 385 pretty easily from Nazjatar alone(then maybe rings/trinkets from Mechagon). I would really only bother with Kultiras/Zandalar for the emissary rewards, the world bosses if they're worth it, or the rare time there is a tortollan quest with a ring/trinket reward, as it takes a while to get 2 of each in Mechagon. Don't forget the Darkshore Warfront or world boss for a 400 reward.

My main is a frost mage too, and once you're pretty geared up(around 380-390+), the mobs in Nazjatar will feel pretty harmless.

Speaking of world bosses... wasn't there supposed to be 2 new ones in 8.2? I have yet to see a WQ to kill them.

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
You can gear up to 385 pretty easily from Nazjatar alone(then maybe rings/trinkets from Mechagon). I would really only bother with Kultiras/Zandalar for the emissary rewards, the world bosses if they're worth it, or the rare time there is a tortollan quest with a ring/trinket reward, as it takes a while to get 2 of each in Mechagon. Don't forget the Darkshore Warfront or world boss for a 400 reward.

My main is a frost mage too, and once you're pretty geared up(around 380-390+), the mobs in Nazjatar will feel pretty harmless.

Speaking of world bosses... wasn't there supposed to be 2 new ones in 8.2? I have yet to see a WQ to kill them.

They'll be coming next week due to their loot being higher ilvl. Hopefully the one who drops 415 weapons is up the first week.

FLEABttn

Oct 25, 2017
Two nights a week? Those are rookie numbers

I'm going to take this as a joke, but if you're raiding more than like 3 days a week (and let's go with like 9 hours, max, over those 3 days) and you aren't gunning for world first mythic, you might want to reconsider what you're doing lol. My guild does 4 hours a week over 2 days and we get AoTC. You genuinly don't need to put more time than that in for heroic.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to take this as a joke, but if you're raiding more than like 3 days a week (and let's go with like 9 hours, max, over those 3 days) and you aren't gunning for world first mythic, you might want to reconsider what you're doing lol. My guild does 4 hours a week over 2 days and we get AoTC. You genuinly don't need to put more time than that in for heroic.
It's common in Spanish realms to raid 22:00 to 00:00, Sunday-Thursday.
I am in a very bad guild that we struggle with heroic so it takes us several months to get AotC.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017

...not every guild is that good man.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man...am I an idiot? Do two sets of WQs appear in Nazjatar every day, or just one set? (i.e. 3 WQs)

Also wow, I haven't been able to sell a SINGLE Inscription trinket. Total bust compared to Darkmoon Cards at the start of BFA. They were on the AH for 150k last week and have tumbled 10-30k a day since. Theyr'e 25-30k now, and I still can't move a single one.

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man...am I an idiot? Do two sets of WQs appear in Nazjatar every day, or just one set? (i.e. 3 WQs)

Also wow, I haven't been able to sell a SINGLE Inscription trinket. Total bust compared to Darkmoon Cards at the start of BFA. They were on the AH for 150k last week and have tumbled 10-30k a day since. Theyr'e 25-30k now, and I still can't move a single one.

I notice if I clear my Naz WQs before 8pm server time that a single extra world quest pops up around then and it's always one of the puzzle ones.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I notice if I clear my Naz WQs before 8pm server time that a single extra world quest pops up around then and it's always one of the puzzle ones.
Yeah, those seem to spawn on odd timers and differently from the rest of the WQs. The majority of them spawn at the usual reset time.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, those seem to spawn on odd timers and differently from the rest of the WQs. The majority of them spawn at the usual reset time.

Fuck, so I JUST found the chest that led to the Mardivas WQ unlock. I had no idea about this. Fuck. lol

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
5-6 hours raiding a week is more than enough for me and what I'd consider a "casual progression" guild. And maybe 3 or 4 of us are maybe considered to be "above average" players. Heroic isn't that difficult and I'm not trying to put down anyone's ability.

But if people want or need to raid longer than that there's plenty of guilds that do. We just aren't one of them and we are successful on our current schedule.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Yeah, there was a time when I was all in on raiding 10+ hours a week to do cutting edge content and then stand around in Org with my phat lewts.

But now I have a job and additional interests to juggle, so capping out on 6 hours a week to just dick around with a group of friends who may not be as good at the game as I am is totally fine with me. Not everyone's in it for the endgame race.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
I hope 8.2.5 hits the PTR soon. I want to see those new Female Worgen animations.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Yeah, there was a time when I was all in on raiding 10+ hours a week to do cutting edge content and then stand around in Org with my phat lewts.

But now I have a job and additional interests to juggle, so capping out on 6 to just dick around with a group of friends who may not be as good at the game as I am is totally fine with me. Not everyone's in it for the endgame race.

I love this humblebrag because I definitely did not count you in my 3-4 players assessment. <3

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
OK, I'm miles happier with the rep situation now. Spent some time snagging level 25 battle stones from my alt garrisons (who knew that was a thing?) and creating an army of the right pets to destroy the Legendary ones. I have no qualms with using guides to figure out the best pets and rotations to mow this shit over. Ain't nobody got time to spend hours puzzling this shit out just to get flying BACK. lol.

I also unlocked all the things I hadn't (the extra set of puzzle WQs in Nazjatar, and the time displacer in Mechagon) to have more WQs and more rep. I'm 8k Rustbolt and 4k Ankoan now. Shoudln't be long from here, esp. if we get one more Ankoan emissary, and Darkmoon on Sunday.

Fuck rep grinds.

daedalius

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a resetera group or anything? I know they added the group stuff outside of guilds some time ago.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Speculation: Do you think 8.3 will be announced before Blizzcon? Showing it off during or after Blizzcon when they're going to be detailing a new expansion seems like it would kick the wind out of its sails.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
One(the others are ok) of my character has a "bug" where he can't see the objectives when pointing enemy targets. I still see the light yellow circle under them, but it's not ideal...
I tried disabling all addons, but it doesn't fix anything and I don'y think there is such an option in the ingame menu. Anybody ever had this problem?

Skai

Oct 27, 2017
Here's another 'leak'

If this was true, this would actually be pretty awesome, from the whole world revamp and basically a complete class revamp and leveling squish.

Also, dissolving factions so they can tell better stories, which I actually think would better for the game.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Another world revamp could do wonders, but I just hope if it's true it doesn't hinder endgame content like it did in Cataclysm.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
One(the others are ok) of my character has a "bug" where he can't see the objectives when pointing enemy targets. I still see the light yellow circle under them, but it's not ideal...
I tried disabling all addons, but it doesn't fix anything and I don'y think there is such an option in the ingame menu. Anybody ever had this problem?
This happens to me fairly often on random characters and I'm not sure why. This command usually fixes it until it springs up again: /console showQuestTrackingTooltips 1

Seems to be a fairly common issue, since I first found my fix here. https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/45367

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Here's another 'leak'

If this was true, this would actually be pretty awesome, from the whole world revamp and basically a complete class revamp and leveling squish.

Also, dissolving factions so they can tell better stories, which I actually think would better for the game.

Hey, this was a interesting read and I wouldn't be mad if it were real.

Skai

Oct 27, 2017
Another world revamp could do wonders, but I just hope if it's true it doesn't hinder endgame content like it did in Cataclysm.

There was a thread on reddit about how Blizz has been updating zones little by little for the past year and how it's leading to another world revamp.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, this was a interesting read and I wouldn't be mad if it were real.

Not gonna lie, some parts are definitely interesting, but them trying to take the Sylvanas 'I was the tool to bring you all together - but on purpose this time (as opposed to Garrosh)' seems like the most easy-to-guess/spout stuff ever.

I guess it's an easy way to say 'not Garrosh' and mean it, but that 'twist' absolutely needed to be better broadcast by now in terms of the game's story - IIRC we still haven't seen any hint of motivation from Sylvanas herself - and while we'll probably see something at the end of the Ashzara raid, I'm not exactly holding my breath at this point.

The factions being gone would definitely be a nice change (and seems like it'll definitely happen, barring that other rumor about the Alliance doing something terrible to the horde --> Warfront in 8.3 coming to pass), but some other aspects like revamping the entire world (again) Cata style, or heck, even just capital cities, doesn't really seem feasible for WoW at this point in time - even with a level squish.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Not gonna lie, some parts are definitely interesting, but them trying to take the Sylvanas 'I was the tool to bring you all together - but on purpose this time (as opposed to Garrosh)' seems like the most easy-to-guess/spout stuff ever.

I guess it's an easy way to say 'not Garrosh' and mean it, but that 'twist' absolutely needed to be better broadcast by now in terms of the game's story - IIRC we still haven't seen any hint of motivation from Sylvanas herself - and while we'll probably see something at the end of the Ashzara raid, I'm not exactly holding my breath at this point.

The factions being gone would definitely be a nice change (and seems like it'll definitely happen, barring that other rumor about the Alliance doing something terrible to the horde --> Warfront in 8.3 coming to pass), but some other aspects like revamping the entire world (again) Cata style, or heck, even just capital cities, doesn't really seem feasible for WoW at this point in time - even with a level squish.

Oh I absolutely agree. I don't think the initial plan was to be "everyone must unify!" but the backlash and the general reception to this tired story beat made them go "oh shit, we gotta adjust" even though they claim they don't listen to "story feedback."

It's the bare minimum but with her pulling a Kerrigan they can just say "See?! It wasn't Mists 2.0! We sUbVeRtEd YoUr ExPeCtAtIoNs!!!"

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Here's another 'leak'

Oh man, this is something that'll get me back into it. I just wish I could carry over transmogs from my old character to a new one (also that I could transmog my legendary).

DannyVice

Oct 25, 2017
Man, i hate falling for leaks but that made me really excited. I do just wonder why does anyone bother to write such a complete, well written and fairly believable leak if it's not true (Especially this one). In my view it's looking like one of the most realistic and believable leaks.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I looked it up and transmog is account wide. I can make a new character and roll over my appearances then. Now just need that legendary transmog

Status
Not open for further replies.