• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Yep!

They did a pretty good job of "remembering" appearances you'd unlocked before mogging was a thing but it's not perfect. Still though - you may be suprised!
I played up until they introduced artifact weapons, then fell off during that expansion. What I'd really like to do is the Warrior's artifact shield with Thunderfury, but it seems like I can't do that just yet.

I also seem to remember my Quel'serrar not carrying over for whatever reason.

It really does sound like I might want to try jumping back in after this next expansion hits. I hope it's out sooner rather than later.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I played up until they introduced artifact weapons, then fell off during that expansion. What I'd really like to do is the Warrior's artifact shield with Thunderfury, but it seems like I can't do that just yet.

I also seem to remember my Quel'serrar not carrying over for whatever reason.

It really does sound like I might want to try jumping back in after this next expansion hits. I hope it's out sooner rather than later.

It'll be announced at Blizzcon so quote me. Probably out betweeen Aug and Nov 2020. Promise.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Bah, was hoping sooner. I've done a few of the betas in the past and they don't tend to go on forever, but you're probably right.

While BFA isn't perfect I'm definitely on "Team 8.2 is pretty damn good" so if you see a free to try weekend or something give it a shot. I think they still do those... My memory is fuzzy and I haven't lapsed in sub since 2013 so it all blends together.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
While BFA isn't perfect I'm definitely on "Team 8.2 is pretty damn good" so if you see a free to try weekend or something give it a shot. I think they still do those... My memory is fuzzy and I haven't lapsed in sub since 2013 so it all blends together.
That's what I've been hearing. tbh, I'd want a new character tho and the rumors I've been hearing about how leveling will work in the next expansion interest me.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Well that is also an option. I'm not a boost person myself though I use the addon Azeroth Auto Pilot. But if it has been a while since you've experienced leveling you'd probably want to forgo that and just do it the "proper" way.
I haven't leveled a proper alt since Pandaria and I tried out a monk.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I haven't leveled a proper alt since Pandaria and I tried out a monk.

Well, IMO, WoD and Legion both have great leveling (the first few times anyway) but Legion's is severely hampered by the lack of an artifact now but it's worth going through. BFA is fine the first few times too. I'm just really tired of leveling rn as I have 12? 13? 120s. Something like that. I have problems.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Here's another 'leak'

If this was true, this would actually be pretty awesome, from the whole world revamp and basically a complete class revamp and leveling squish.

Also, dissolving factions so they can tell better stories, which I actually think would better for the game.

We'll see very shortly if this is fake or not with the "Azshara isn't dead" proclamation, won't we.

As far as Talent trees are concerned, I am comfortable with saying that I don't think that's the answer at all. However, a new Passive tree system is very much a slam dunk for me as to what I would like to see as far as character building goes.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I kinda wanna do the leveling thing though...

Something to consider: If you use a boost that character is given around 600 gold. Which is not a ton of money but is a nice starter amount. You can boost a character and send the money to the one you want to level.

I'm just really tired of leveling rn as I have 12? 13? 120s. Something like that. I have problems.

tumblr_ozdnx051oN1rejt1io2_540.gif

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Something to consider: If you use a boost that character is given around 600 gold. Which is not a ton of money but is a nice starter amount. You can boost a character and send the money to the one you want to level.

tumblr_ozdnx051oN1rejt1io2_540.gif
Pretty sure I have 10k or 20k saved up on my main. There's a 3 day free thing that expires today, so I'll go check it out.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Yeah, I'd definitely want at least some flavor abilities back.

But I agreed with Ion that they focused too much on spec identity at the expense of the class identities.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
They definitely went too far with the pruning. What they needed to do was give those abilities an actual use.
I stopped playing right near the end of The Nighthold (Damn, 2 years now) but one of my biggest complains with WoD and then later Legion was the pruning. Each x-pack removed so many fun abilities, like, Arms in WoD/Legion turned into a spec that used next to no buttons. So much of the random fun shit you could in earlier x-packs kept being taken away.

I assume the pruning continued into this x-pack?

[edit]

One of my favorite things to do in MoP as a Warrior for mobility was Leap > set down banner > intervene into banner > charge. Then they took away the banners and intervene.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I stopped playing right near the end of The Nighthold (Damn, 2 years now) but one of my biggest complains with WoD and then later Legion was the pruning. Each x-pack removed so many fun abilities, like, Arms in WoD/Legion turned into a spec that used next to no buttons.

Most classes lost their artifact ability or had it thrown on the talent tree replacing some OTHER ability. I didn't lose much as a DK but idk about other classes.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I stopped playing right near the end of The Nighthold (Damn, 2 years now) but one of my biggest complains with WoD and then later Legion was the pruning. Each x-pack removed so many fun abilities, like, Arms in WoD/Legion turned into a spec that used next to no buttons.

I used my 3 day thingy and apparently they got rid of First Aid now. Not that the bandages were ever good enough after a few expansions, but still...

Most classes lost their artifact ability or had it thrown on the talent tree replacing some OTHER ability. I didn't lose much as a DK but idk about other classes.
Apparently Warriors last their's altogether. Which, you know, is awesome. Finally had some cool abilities and they got removed from the game.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's baked into tailoring now.

And I never got the fucking field medic title and I'm angry about it.
Honestly, that's bullshit. It just makes the constant cloth drops useless again. Just buff the bandages and leave it at that. It was a useful thing to have, it just wasn't good enough as is.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently Warriors last their's altogether. Which, you know, is awesome. Finally had some cool abilities and they got removed from the game.
Bro, that sucks. Fury's was so goddamn fun.

Man, every couple of months I get the itch to play WoW again but then I hear about some terrible change and it just makes me sad. Like, I heard CDs were now on the GDC and that just sounds awful.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Bro, that sucks. Fury's was so goddamn fun.

Man, every couple of months I get the itch to play WoW again but then I hear about some terrible change and it just makes me sad. Like, I heard CDs were now on the GDC and that just sounds awful.
I absolutely loved protection's ability. I used that shit all the time when taking instances and raids. AoE cone damage combined with guaranteed crit blocks for the duration? Yes sir.

Man, I feel like warriors always getting shafted.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I absolutely loved protection's ability. I used that shit all the time when taking instances and raids. AoE cone damage combined with guaranteed crit blocks for the duration? Yes sir.

Man, I feel like warriors always getting shafted.

Prot Warrior is the one tank class I cannot learn. Fuck Ignore Pain. I just can't do it.

I guess it could be different now but I hated it in Legion.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
I honestly think they should bring back Stances/Presences/Aspects/Auras. The classes just feel better with them.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Prot Warrior is the one tank class I cannot learn. Fuck Ignore Pain. I just can't do it.
I figured it out a while back, it's basically a limited bubble. Shield Block always takes priority, I remember that I'd take heavy repercussions so that I could time Shield Slam and get more up time on Shield Block.

Then using the Vengeance talent to synergize Revenge with Ignore Pain. Basically I'd only ever use ignore pain after a revenge, to reduce the cost of ip, then revenge again when it's about to run out, as ip also reduces the rage cost of revenge. But only ever use revenge after a dodge or parry, of which there tended to be many. So a dodge or parry early on would set me up all fight, so long as there was no tank changes needed.

There was actually an add-on that people used to use to figure out the optimal way of deploying revenge/ignore pain. It'd basically tell you when the ideal time to use each ability was, based on the talent's changes to both abilities.

After a while you just got a sense of when to do what. It's definitely more complicated than it was back when I was a raider though. Back then it was just shield block and the occasional spell reflect.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I honestly think they should bring back Stances/Presences/Aspects/Auras. The classes just feel better with them.
I actually don't agree with this at all (well, you could make a case for stances I guess, if it means bringing back gladiator subspec). Presences/Aspects/Auras were really just buffs for the sake of buffs. I think they're better off as baseline abilities or as cooldowns.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I actually don't agree with this at all (well, you could make a case for stances I guess). Presences/Aspects/Auras were really just buffs for the sake of buffs. I think they're better off as baseline abilities or as cooldowns.
I actually really liked stances. They weren't as useful after the changes to devastate (devastate used to hit with all equipped one-handed weapons so you could do really decent damage as a protection warrior if you didn't need to tank a fight while still being ready to grab aggro if something went wrong) and the double spec thing. But I still liked it just the same.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Stances did have pretty dramatic effects compared to the others, so I could see the value in bringing that gameplay back. Auras, Presences, Aspects were largely just set and forget. There was generally one right choice and a bunch of traps, and that's silly.

FLEABttn

Oct 25, 2017
The de-pruning is gonna be a monkey paw thing where you're going to end up with Everquest 2 bars of 40 things that all are similar.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
If they actually stick to their example of stuff like Alter Time, depruning will be welcome.

If we go back to the days of Monks having literally every ability under the sun, we might have a little trouble with that.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
The de-pruning is gonna be a monkey paw thing where you're going to end up with Everquest 2 bars of 40 things that all are similar.
I feel like, for warriors at least, they can just give 90% of the abilities they pruned back without issue. Most of them were very situational, but when they did work they felt awesome to use. I loved reflecting boss spells right back in their faces. Felt so good.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not entirely sure how it would fit in the modern protection rotation, given all excess rage gets built up and dumped into Ignore Pain. Slam's been reworked to take it's place in arms spec, but I dunno about fury. Maybe it can fit there.

Also, I absolutely hate the devastator protection talent. I recognized how good it was, but it made the class feel so slow and lethargic.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
The idea of having to drag alts through Naz is dampening my enthusiasm a bit more than flying has rejuvenated it at this point. My Priest and Shaman have been riding on my monk's coattails for a while now but they're getting left behind and I can't find much drive to play them again.

It's probably for the best, honestly.

Skai

Oct 27, 2017
The idea of having to drag alts through Naz is dampening my enthusiasm a bit more than flying has rejuvenated it at this point. My Priest and Shaman have been riding on my monk's coattails for a while now but they're getting left behind and I can't find much drive to play them again.

It's probably for the best, honestly.

Yea, even with flying just having to do both zones is gonna be exhausting, it takes long enough for you main.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I'll second the alt sentiment. Hopefully adjustments can be made to Nazjatar and maybe "auto complete" the story and, hell, even make bodyguard progress account wide. I just don't want to do that stuff again on multiple characters.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Yea, even with flying just having to do both zones is gonna be exhausting, it takes long enough for you main.

Running all my alts through it now that I have flying. It's so much faster, but definitely a slog. I'm torn about letting my sub lapse again. I really thought 8.2 would have me playing for months, but without doing raiding or mythic dungs, i'm losing my interest in just farming stuff. Professions just royally suck as well. Was grinding Mecha to Exalted for the Blingtron on my main, but not sure if I'll complete it. About halfway to Exalted already.

If I stop I know I can come back to gear my alts up for the next expansion pretty quick. At least i'll have everyone ready to go.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
You know, the only reason why leaks like those are allowed to spread is because fansites like MMO-Champion don't have any kind of verification process. You can lie or post anyone else's lie and claim it is a leak without any repercussions.

I assume they do this because their site would get significantly less traffic during news/content droughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.