• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Running all my alts through it now that I have flying. It's so much faster, but definitely a slog. I'm torn about letting my sub lapse again. I really thought 8.2 would have me playing for months, but without doing raiding or mythic dungs, i'm losing my interest in just farming stuff. Professions just royally suck as well. Was grinding Mecha to Exalted for the Blingtron on my main, but not sure if I'll complete it. About halfway to Exalted already.

If I stop I know I can come back to gear my alts up for the next expansion pretty quick. At least i'll have everyone ready to go.

I've noticed none of us are really doing dungeons rn but we're waiting for Season 3 to begin because with the tiniest bit of extra effort we'll get better rewards AND most of us are excited for Operation: Mechagon. Us being my friends and guild. Justg a cursory glance into this and it seems most everyone else is in the same boat. Maybe dungeons will pick up again when Tuesday/Wednesday gets here. :)

You know, the only reason why leaks like those are allowed to spread is because fansites like MMO-Champion don't have any kind of verification process. You can lie or post anyone else's lie and claim it is a leak without any repercussions.

I assume they do this because their site would get significantly less traffic during news/content droughts.

I think everyone here is more than aware that these aren't going to actually happen. Most of these ideas are based on things that players from all different sources have mentioned wanting in some form or another already.

I enjoy "leaks" because they're fun. And maybe because they make me think of things I'd like that I hadn't even considered before. Everything is grain of salt - there's no harm in it.

Pepito

Dec 11, 2017
Although I do remember someone actually leaked BFA details on MMO-C a few days (weeks? can't remember) prior to the reveal at Blizzcon. Everyone said there'd be no way it'd happen and that it was too absurd.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Although I do remember someone actually leaked BFA details on MMO-C a few days (weeks? can't remember) prior to the reveal at Blizzcon. Everyone said there'd be no way it'd happen and that it was too absurd.

There's always a chance, sure. But we're 4-ish months out from Blizzcon so right now it's better to err on the side of fantasy.

But I love leaks. As long as they're well written and thought out or whatever I'll read all of them. The only one I haven't really enjoyed was the one where they painted Blizzard as completely inept at everything which I don't believe to be the case. They've made missteps but their offices aren't constantly on fire, servers aren't always dying, etc. That shit was just written by someone wanting to stir up others, clearly.

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
WoW expansion reveals are probably my favourite time of the year (well every other year anyway) when it comes to gaming and "leaks" tickle that excitement a bit.

I think even the BfA logo leaked on MMO Champ a few hours before Blizzcon and still nobody believed it because the name was so bad.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
After Ion's statement, I do think the de-prunning is pretty much expected at this point.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I think most people are going to end up getting disappointed by depruning classes, especially when they single things out like alter time. I doubt rotations are getting any new buttons, though I'll happily eat crow on this if it means the return of elementalist mage specs.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Just thinking about where WoW has been since the prune crusade started in WoD, MoP had arguable the best PvP out of any expansion and PvP hasn't been the same since.

I miss having some insane mobility, I miss the instant healing AoE, tanking was fun as heck because Vengeance was an OP passive but it felt so good. I usually don't like saying "just make a game exactly like it was" but I really do think they should just copy everything they had in MoP and paste it into the next expansion.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Just thinking about where WoW has been since the prune crusade started in WoD, MoP had arguable the best PvP out of any expansion and PvP hasn't been the same since.

I miss having some insane mobility, I miss the instant healing AoE, tanking was fun as heck because Vengeance was an OP passive but it felt so good. I usually don't like saying "just make a game exactly like it was" but I really do think they should just copy everything they had in MoP and paste it into the next expansion.
Nah, Lich King was the peak for PvE

Mikoby

Oct 28, 2017
Got flying today and the pet battle strategy was pretty damn great regarding getting rep (even though that twilight pet dropped on my 5th alt). I saved them all and turned them in today with the darkmoon faire buff.

Rustbolt was made much easier with jetpacks 3 days in a row (it really made me remember how much I've missed flying).

I resubbed two days before the patch after being on a break since about the end of december and I've been having a good time (even though it's also been a slog). I'm playing horde so the battle of Nazjatar has been pretty great for me.

All in all I've enjoyed resubbing and I've seen a lot of guildies coming back and a special thanks first and foremost to Milo Rambaldi and also Magnus for being positive and reigniting my love for this game!

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Got flying today and the pet battle strategy was pretty damn great regarding getting rep (even though that twilight pet dropped on my 5th alt). I saved them all and turned them in today with the darkmoon faire buff.

Rustbolt was made much easier with jetpacks 3 days in a row (it really made me remember how much I've missed flying).

I resubbed two days before the patch after being on a break since about the end of december and I've been having a good time (even though it's also been a slog). I'm playing horde so the battle of Nazjatar has been pretty great for me.

All in all I've enjoyed resubbing and I've seen a lot of guildies coming back and a special thanks first and foremost to Milo Rambaldi and also Magnus for being positive and reigniting my love for this game!

Aw, this warms my cold, dead heart.

Victory for Sylvanas!

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017

lol awesome, thank you.

There's so much to be positive about in this game. The ultra pervasive negativity really gets me down, and also confuses me. It's like people totally forget about the other half of the experience, which I feel BFA aces: the fantasy, the characters, the art/visual design, the soundtrack, environment and atmosphere, etc. It's never been better for me. And for a player like me that was never truly cutting edge (we Heroic raided at best), I can't pick up on the precision gameplay changes that have disappointed people so much recently, so the game seems to play fine to me... ? Ignorance is bliss, I guess.

Allied Races are fucking cool. New models/animations are cool. Heart of Essence system is exciting and resolves my only big complaint with BFA so far (lack of artifact-like progression system and new active abilities).

The rep grinds are the same ass they've always been. Not excusing them, but eh. I was ready for it.

Also, damn Mikoby --- just came back, rusty, and already flying? I'm still 3k off Ankoan and 1k off Rustbolt.\

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I nabbed flying last night, just in time for Mechagon! So excited. Forgot it was so soon.

Man, being a druid herbalist and scribe right now is pretty legit. Zin'anthid while flying, and turning them into Ankoan contracts that sell for 30k is the sweet life.

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Took a month or so away from the game as I've been falling WAAAY behind on FFXIV and I didn't make anywhere near the progress I thought I would (I still have two or so weeks of story grinding before I get to the new content in that game :\)

How's 8.2 so far? Figure I'd play a bit tonight after work.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if the M+ chests at the end of this week will contain new-level gear or old-level gear? I think we've had both things occur in the past.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Welp, the world lag is so bad today that I cannot get anything accomplished in Mechagon so I'm gonna try again later. I'm at 82% honored and could be Revered tomorrow depending on this lag and how I feel after my surgery. Either way, I should have it this week.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The one time I went to alternate Mechagon I didn't know I needed to get blueprints to go back whenever. And now everyday Chromie doesn't show up I die a little more inside.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
The literally look exactly the same as Blood Elves except the eye color.

Void Elves probably exist so that Alliance players could at least get a type of High Elf race that didn't look exactly the same.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
If they finally do dissolve factions, there's really no reason NOT to have High Elves. They're just a faction of the existing race.

The Blood Elves were pretty okay with Alleria hanging around until she voided up the place, so they probably won't care once Red and Blue merge into a nasty purple slurry.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Having High Elves in the way theyre talking about, just as a customization option, makes sense. Don't see any reason for them not too.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I'm not actually against them. I just don't care either way.

What I do care about, however, is that I'm 476 rep from flying and goddamnit it I'm gonna get it today if it kills me.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The only thing that make me doubt that leak is that I don't see them making the current allied races into customization options for the normal races. It just seems like a slap in the face to those who lvled one or payed to change race.

AWizardDidIt

Oct 28, 2017
That leak is fake as fuuuuck. The tone of it gives it away. The "leaker" states every point and reason for it as a monolithic fact as if they somehow embodied a whole dev team.

I *highly* doubt theres going to be a world revamp. The first revamp was done at the height of WoWs popularity when they had enough resources to do something like that. With how subscribers have declined and how the game isnt making as much as it used to, I doubt they'll get that ambitious again. They seem more focused on content efficiency now, although I definitely can see them rolling out changes to individual zones over the course of the expansion sort of how they changed Tirisfal/Undercity and Darkshore/Teldrassil

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I decided to join Milo on Hyjal with a fresh new toon. I'm now obsessed with it.
Dude looks pimp with the new xmog options in 8.2, and aboard my new golden Wonderwing!

Kaz.png

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Like how profitable

Inquiring minds want to konw
I used to run the WoD and MoP raids completely every week and ended up somewhere in the ballpark of 15-20k per character.

At this point I've got all the transmog I want from the WoD raids so I only use the shortcuts to the mounts and it's actually severely impacted my gold intake.

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
Here's another 'leak'

If this was true, this would actually be pretty awesome, from the whole world revamp and basically a complete class revamp and leveling squish.

Also, dissolving factions so they can tell better stories, which I actually think would better for the game.

After reading this leak, I think this one is the one I expect to be completely true.

From the beginning, the level squish didn't really make much of any sense if the leveling real estate or experience of questing/leveling didn't get a revamp as well. Doing a revamp on the actual setting as well as squishing levels would be the way I go about. Adding a new Hero Class that encourages users to play through some of the more heavily remade areas (as the leak indicates some places got way more attention than others) is also in line with how they structure experiences.

Having a big focus be on the Black Empire for an upcoming expansion is interesting, but it seems like it'll be a little bit much of Old God saturation - feels like we've been focusing on old god stuff for the entirety of this expansion, so to get yet another one with them as the Big Bad just seems like its being overdone.

The dissolution of factions would open up a lot of possibilities, and is exactly the kind of change that would make me want to check the game out again. And from a production standpoint, it would really enable their environment design to open up, since they wouldn't have to design 2 leveling experiences for Horde & Alliance bases in any new area introduced. Lets the experience get consolidated and frees up resources to let them create more content on a regular basis, especially since introducing new zones seems to be one of their big focuses in post-launch support for expansions.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
After reading this leak, I think this one is the one I expect to be completely true.

From the beginning, the level squish didn't really make much of any sense if the leveling real estate or experience of questing/leveling didn't get a revamp as well. Doing a revamp on the actual setting as well as squishing levels would be the way I go about. Adding a new Hero Class that encourages users to play through some of the more heavily remade areas (as the leak indicates some places got way more attention than others) is also in line with how they structure experiences.

Having a big focus be on the Black Empire for an upcoming expansion is interesting, but it seems like it'll be a little bit much of Old God saturation - feels like we've been focusing on old god stuff for the entirety of this expansion, so to get yet another one with them as the Big Bad just seems like its being overdone.

The dissolution of factions would open up a lot of possibilities, and is exactly the kind of change that would make me want to check the game out again. And from a production standpoint, it would really enable their environment design to open up, since they wouldn't have to design 2 leveling experiences for Horde & Alliance bases in any new area introduced. Lets the experience get consolidated and frees up resources to let them create more content on a regular basis, especially since introducing new zones seems to be one of their big focuses in post-launch support for expansions.
And this doesn't preclude them from doing two different factions again for PVP. Red vs Blue, Gold vs Silver, pick the one you like best and team up with the dudes on your side. It'd let them do story telling with PVP for once.

Skai

Oct 27, 2017
And this doesn't preclude them from doing two different factions again for PVP. Red vs Blue, Gold vs Silver, pick the one you like best and team up with the dudes on your side. It'd let them do story telling with PVP for once.

With PvP it's easy, just make it that the 'lore' for BG and Arenas is it's they're just competitive games like sports. World PvP could be that some people hold grudges and don't like each other still.

Status
Not open for further replies.