• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
The cutscene was kinda boring and I say that while on very strong painkillers. It also seemed very short.

But I'm glad my queen didn't die. I hope she continues to be a threat in the future expansion and not just in 8.3.

Last edited:

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
I think N'Zoth is going to corrupt her further and she becomes even more deformed and shit

I hope not but I expect that happening.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Sylvanas clearly made a deal with N'Zoth, she helped N'Zoth get out of prison in exchange for something.

In the process N'Zoth gave her an old-god-imprisoning dagger.

I think the "who's playing who" thing will continue with Sylvanas/Nzoth, as "unite the factions so I can seal NZoth in the Blade" seems.... like an actual not crazy plan.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
A lot of bosses ends up mutated right before they die or become a raid boss. It's kind of a classic. Some could argue Azshara already is mutated though. :P

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
WE WANT KAEL'THAS!

That cinematic was so disappointing after seeing what Legion had for the Tomb of Sargeras. I was waiting for something much meatier than that.

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
I have not played since launch but I was excited to see this cutscene... and that seemed incredibly limp for such an important moment.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So you want characters who have not been involved in Nazjatar at all to show up out of nowhere for the cinematic? That somehow makes it better? And exactly how and why would we have a Velen and KJ style moment between N'zoth and Azshara, especially when Azshara doesn't die and clearly has more of a role to play?

The stuff you're sayiing would be hamfisted and out of place, considering the current story points.

I'm also still not sure why you have this weird competition between cinematics going.
How is the "Dwarf made a pawn", the dagger that Sylvanas gave to Nathanos which lured Alliance&Horde into Nazjatar, 'hamfisted' placements? You remember that the HoA allows us direct communication with Magni right? Seems like Blizzard kinda forgot .

This competition is there because it shows Blizzard is capable of good cinematics as shown in their record history. And the most recent one is barebarebones, a 5/10 only because it shows Azshara fate... Kinda.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
I really like Operation: Mechagon. Lots of stuff happening on bosses but the majority of it is easy to avoid. Our tank who normally dps's got a 440 version of the dodge red card which was hilarious.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
She's not though, her Warbringers cinematic showed us as much. She was manipulated hard.

I disagree. She could have just let him kill her and he'd still be the god of -nothing-. It's also clear in the Rise of Azshara intro cinematic that she's the one who holds all the cards. N'zoth is clearly the one who feels he's made a mistake even with the brief amount of interaction we see.

Basically, it would be a waste to write her off as "some dumb elf who wanted power" like they've tried to do with Sylvanas this whole expansion. She's not going to be a pawn in -anyone's- game. This is temporary.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
She's not though, her Warbringers cinematic showed us as much. She was manipulated hard.

Um, that's the opposite of the Warbringers cinematic. Azshara outplayed N'Zoth. He thought he had the advantage and she turned that on him. He wanted a slave, she got to be queen.

Have to say like others I'm disappointed in the cinematic. It's very bare bones, and whilst I appreciate that Azshara isn't gone it also seems like a really quick and easy end to the games remaining "super-villain". She is supposed to be the most powerful mage ever, backed up by the power of an old-god. But she just gets killed like a standard end of dungeon raid boss. Do we even get an understanding of why she is so keen for us to go into her palace and fight her? I'm hoping it's a more complex plan than we've currently seen where she just thinks she can kill everyone like every other raid boss in history.

Also, whilst I appreciate the way they keep referring to Night Elves and Nightborne being alive when all of this originally happened millennia ago, it does stretch belief a bit that Jaina can stand toe to toe with someone whose being studying and practising magic for literally longer than there have been humans on Azeroth.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Azshara wanted us to storm the castle so that she could use the Heart of Azeroth to break open N'Zoth's prison.

And she does exactly that. N'Zoth spiriting her away raises questions, but in the end, she actually won. We just get to smack her around a bit and raid her closet.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How is the "Dwarf made a pawn", the dagger that Sylvanas gave to Nathanos which lured Alliance&Horde into Nazjatar, 'hamfisted' placements? You remember that the HoA allows us direct communication with Magni right? Seems like Blizzard kinda forgot .

This competition is there because it shows Blizzard is capable of good cinematics as shown in their record history. And the most recent one is barebarebones, a 5/10 only because it shows Azshara fate... Kinda.

Magni is currently in the heart chamber with MOTHER, and has no knowledge of the current situation in Nazjatar other than we are there handling it. He doesn't know Azshara's plans. Why would he randomly show up there? He didn't show up to do or say or help in anyway with G'huun, why would he show up now? And even if the player character, or the other characters present, had an opportunity to reach out to Magni, why would we/they? We were right in the middle of a massive battle with Azshara, so it's safe to say everyone was a bit distracted with trying to stop her, and not exactly concerned with stopping in the middle of it to make a phone call to a rock who is of no use in a fight.

Sylvanas has not been present in Nazjatar at all, why would she show up suddenly? We also don't know what the mission was that she sent Blightcaller on, or that he is even in the area anymore. Last we see of him, he literally just walks off into the water after we first arrive. We have no idea where he is right now. We don't know what they have planned for Sylvanas, Blightcaller, or the dagger, and them not being apart of anything after the water opened points to them being busy elsewhere.

So yeah, having any of those characters show up would have been hamfisted as fuck.

You seem to be confusing you're disappointment with the story not playing out like you had imagined it would in your head, with the quality of the cinematic.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god, the zones scale with level now? Fuck me this is pretty awesome. Now I can freely go off and do whatever dungeons or whatnot that I want without worrying about growing out of an area before finishing off the zone's story line.

AND I CAN SKIP OUTLAND?!?! YES SIR, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god, the zones scale with level now? Fuck me this is pretty awesome. Now I can freely go off and do whatever dungeons or whatnot that I want without worrying about growing out of an area before finishing off the zone's story line.

AND I CAN SKIP OUTLAND?!?! YES SIR, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?

You can skip the Cataclysm zones too and level in Pandaria from 80-90.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
objectively wrong statement!

(for what it's worth, while i abhor the cataclysm zones and the general quest design of the entire expansion, it is still much faster to level through hyjal than pandaria)
The Pandaria zones felt plodding to me when I first played the expansion. I just wasn't feeling it.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
2 questions for ya'll

1. Can I use heirlooms to level allied races and still get their heritage armour?

2. Best/Most recommended add-ons? I have a few but could always use more

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
The Pandaria zones felt plodding to me when I first played the expansion. I just wasn't feeling it.
I'd argue that it's kind of the point and it worked for the story they were trying to tell, but I'm also lying somewhat because I've purposefully purged all memory of Townlong Steppes and Dread Wastes from my mind. Fortunately you can reasonably get from 85-90 without stepping foot past Jade Forest.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
2 questions for ya'll

1. Can I use heirlooms to level allied races and still get their heritage armour?

I used to use Tidy Plates, but they might have folded that into the game by now

EDIT: Oh man, threat plates are now stand alone? Hot damn!

Oct 25, 2017
2 questions for ya'll

Yes and not sure. I largely just use weak aura, deadly boss mod, method dungeon tools, and my current UI mod is guild wars 2 ui. I also use Opie which is that radial menu addon.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'd argue that it's kind of the point and it worked for the story they were trying to tell, but I'm also lying somewhat because I've purposefully purged all memory of Townlong Steppes and Dread Wastes from my mind. Fortunately you can reasonably get from 85-90 without stepping foot past Jade Forest.

More like you can do 80-90 from only doing Jade Forest and a little bit of another zone.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Crimson Tidestallion (sea horse mount) is up today to purchase for the first time. Follow the guide for how to get it. Can be potentially confusing if you haven't used the trader and you need a special benthic cloak to buy the items needed to get it. Other than the cloak, it's pretty easy to get. I've been using the weak aura listed in the guide for the trading game and it seems to work well.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Huh. The Crimson Tidestallion isn't up for me. Is it different depending on server/faction?

And yeah, I'm wearing the Murloc cape.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Huh. The Crimson Tidestallion isn't up for me. Is it different depending on server/faction?

And yeah, I'm wearing the Murloc cape.

If you read the link, apparently some realms got screwed but no one knows why, but I saw a bunch of people advertising the mount in their realm via the finder so you can hop over to do the trade at least. Make sure you have the special taco as well.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Magni is currently in the heart chamber with MOTHER, and has no knowledge of the current situation in Nazjatar other than we are there handling it. He doesn't know Azshara's plans. Why would he randomly show up there? He didn't show up to do or say or help in anyway with G'huun, why would he show up now? And even if the player character, or the other characters present, had an opportunity to reach out to Magni, why would we/they? We were right in the middle of a massive battle with Azshara, so it's safe to say everyone was a bit distracted with trying to stop her, and not exactly concerned with stopping in the middle of it to make a phone call to a rock who is of no use in a fight.

Sylvanas has not been present in Nazjatar at all, why would she show up suddenly? We also don't know what the mission was that she sent Blightcaller on, or that he is even in the area anymore. Last we see of him, he literally just walks off into the water after we first arrive. We have no idea where he is right now. We don't know what they have planned for Sylvanas, Blightcaller, or the dagger, and them not being apart of anything after the water opened points to them being busy elsewhere.

So yeah, having any of those characters show up would have been hamfisted as fuck.

You seem to be confusing you're disappointment with the story not playing out like you had imagined it would in your head, with the quality of the cinematic.
Magni was directly addressed by Azshara in the encounter. HoA allows Magni to talk with us whenever he pleases. Blizzard decided that using the HoA at that moment to see what was Magni reaction after being used to free an Old God was not worthy.

Either Sylvanas/Nathanos should have been appeared since we were lured to Nazjatar indirectly by them.

Even showing the post dialogue of Jaina/lorthemar would have increase the quality of the cinematic by a lot.

Blizzard was VERY LAZY with this cinematic.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Magni was directly addressed by Azshara in the encounter. HoA allows Magni to talk with us whenever he pleases. Blizzard decided that using the HoA at that moment to see what was Magni reaction after being used to free an Old God was not worthy.

Either Sylvanas/Nathanos should have been appeared since we were lured to Nazjatar indirectly by them.

Even showing the post dialogue of Jaina/lorthemar would have increase the quality of the cinematic by a lot.

Jaina/lorthemar dialog? Okay, I suppose. They were at least present.

The rest of what you are saying is ridiculous.

When exactly would Magni have fit in? Do you want Jaina and Lorthamar to stop paying attention to Azshara just to get Magni's reaction? Or do you just want Magni's voice to cut in, out of the blue, just so he can ask who was talking shit about him? That would be dumb as shit considering the timing.

Sylvanas/Nathanos lured us there to get us out of there way. They're doing other shit. Why would they show up? What would they have to say or do about it? What value does bringing them in out of the blue add?

You just want fluff for the sake of fluff, simply because the cinematic was apparently 47 seconds too short for you.

You not being happy because the story wasn't what you expected doesn't make them lazy. But the fact that you had to pull that card means I'm done wasting my time talking to you about this.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
So how about them Essences, y'all?

I'm unlocking them on a third character and I think all my alts are just going to have Crucible until they like make the rank 1s account bound or something.

Rokal

Oct 25, 2017
Playing alts in 8.2 seems a bit unrealistic until much more time has passed. I have more things to do each day for my main for 8.2 than I can actually accomplish in a game session, so the idea of keeping up on Mechagon/Nazjitar rep on more than one character seems pretty impossible. It has been easy to pass the BOA Benthic gear tokens to alts and get them ready to be played Some Day though.

Oct 25, 2017
Playing alts in 8.2 seems a bit unrealistic until much more time has passed. I have more things to do each day for my main for 8.2 than I can actually accomplish in a game session, so the idea of keeping up on Mechagon/Nazjitar rep on more than one character seems pretty impossible. It has been easy to pass the BOA Benthic gear tokens to alts and get them ready to be played Some Day though.

There is more going for alts than benthic gear. Getting your heart boosted to 35 is a big deal imo. Plus you get a strong upgradeable trinket early after unlocking mechagon island. Getting a 410+ weapon is easy as conquest capping once or getting lucky on world boss. My DH went from 380 (haven't touched since season 1 really) to 402 in 1 day. Being able to get 400 ilvl azerite gear from benthic is such a relief since you don't have to farm mythic 0 dungeons. And getting them to 400 just takes 60 pearls and the story quest line (which I have barely touched) gives a decent amount plus 25 at the end (maybe more I haven't finished even on my main).

I think this season is great for alt play. I unlocked flight first... which frankly was very easy and I didn't play every day.

Now how much I play this alt... dunno. But I like there is a lot to unlock and upgrade between essences and running mechagon. I am not interested in running raids until my guild does alt heroic runs which we do when we are bored of heroic with our mains but not enough people on to run mythic raid.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, unlocked flying and the mechanospider mount today. I'm think the rest of my remaining time will be spent leveling alts and doing xmog runs.

At least Classic is right around the corner.

Necrokey

Jan 20, 2019
Orlando, Florida
So Sylvanas clearly made a deal with N'Zoth, she helped N'Zoth get out of prison in exchange for something.

I believe she made the deal when she killed herself, it seems she was shown a vision of the forsakens future and decided to live or something like that. I think it was then she made her deal with nzoth. Apparently she also did Wrathgate so idk man, as shitty as the current story can feel atleast we dont know exactly whats next.

Link to the short story for context

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Jaina/lorthemar dialog? Okay, I suppose. They were at least present.

The rest of what you are saying is ridiculous.

When exactly would Magni have fit in? Do you want Jaina and Lorthamar to stop paying attention to Azshara just to get Magni's reaction? Or do you just want Magni's voice to cut in, out of the blue, just so he can ask who was talking shit about him? That would be dumb as shit considering the timing.

Sylvanas/Nathanos lured us there to get us out of there way. They're doing other shit. Why would they show up? What would they have to say or do about it? What value does bringing them in out of the blue add?

You just want fluff for the sake of fluff, simply because the cinematic was apparently 47 seconds too short for you.

You not being happy because the story wasn't what you expected doesn't make them lazy. But the fact that you had to pull that card means I'm done wasting my time talking to you about this.
Sometimes I think to let Blizzard go with the 8.2 cinematic.
Then I watch this:

How could Blizzard have done a masterclass, 10/10 cinematic then release that abonimation that is 8.2 ending cinematic? In what way does the Azshara cinematic introduce 8.3? Are we dealing with Sylvanas? Are we dealing with N'zoth?

A cataclysmic force of the magnitude of Argus has been released into Azeroth and Blizzard decided that no immediate consequences should be shown? We had Argus on the sky after we defeated KJ for months showing the gravity of our problem. N'zoth is free? k, just let me send some turtles into the water.

I am proposing ways to increase the quality of the cinematic because it lacks it compared to the previous ones. Go with the "Velen route" and have Thalyssra speak with Azshara, and Azshara being cocky and sassy AF. Go with "I have played you route", zoom in into the HoA as Azshara monologues how she played us and set N'zoth free, show Magni reflection on it.There were so many little ways to improve the cinematic that is is unbelievable that Blizzard resorted to this barebones thing. Add the "plot twist" route and do a surprise appearance of Sylvanas/Nathanos with the Dagger and "all according to keikaku"...

I wish we could go back to 7.0. Legion was the best expansion ever.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone got experience of the Heroic Warfront? Was wondering if sending a guild group at 405-410 average ilvl in there is viable.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Has anyone got experience of the Heroic Warfront? Was wondering if sending a guild group at 405-410 average ilvl in there is viable.

I actually haven't heard of anyone doing them. I mean, I'm sure someone has but this is the pet of 8.2 I've heard like literally nothing about. No one in my guild has any interest in it for sure so I'm curious if heroic is a bust or if it's just so hard we haven't heard any completion stories yet.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I actually haven't heard of anyone doing them. I mean, I'm sure someone has but this is the pet of 8.2 I've heard like literally nothing about. No one in my guild has any interest in it for sure so I'm curious if heroic is a bust or if it's just so hard we haven't heard any completion stories yet.

Quite a lot of interest in our guild - in part, no doubt, because 430 is serious gear for us, it's absolutely worth it... if we can get through.

I tried them.

Incredibly buggy. Rokhan kept resetting to 100% HP and we couldnt finish the Warfront. Avoid until hotfix.

Concerning, thanks. We *could* postpone 'til Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.