• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Sometimes I think to let Blizzard go with the 8.2 cinematic.
Then I watch this:

How could Blizzard have done a masterclass, 10/10 cinematic then release that abonimation that is 8.2 ending cinematic? In what way does the Azshara cinematic introduce 8.3? Are we dealing with Sylvanas? Are we dealing with N'zoth?

A cataclysmic force of the magnitude of Argus has been released into Azeroth and Blizzard decided that no immediate consequences should be shown? We had Argus on the sky after we defeated KJ for months showing the gravity of our problem. N'zoth is free? k, just let me send some turtles into the water.

I am proposing ways to increase the quality of the cinematic because it lacks it compared to the previous ones. Go with the "Velen route" and have Thalyssra speak with Azshara, and Azshara being cocky and sassy AF. Go with "I have played you route", zoom in into the HoA as Azshara monologues how she played us and set N'zoth free, show Magni reflection on it.There were so many little ways to improve the cinematic that is is unbelievable that Blizzard resorted to this barebones thing. Add the "plot twist" route and do a surprise appearance of Sylvanas/Nathanos with the Dagger and "all according to keikaku"...

I wish we could go back to 7.0. Legion was the best expansion ever.

Maybe Blizzard has a limited budget for ingame cinematics and considering 8.2 already had 2 other cinematics, they had to sacrifice somewhere. Most patches in the past only had 1 or 2(with the exception of 7.3 I think).

Then, we have to take into account the CGI cinematics they're doing too. They never released CGI cinematics in the middle of an expansion in the past, so I think it's pretty cool that we got a few.

Really, I don't think calling Blizzard "lazy" for doing a short ingame video considering all of the above is fair. There is probably a reason why they didn't make the Azshara defeat cinematic longer, whether it's time, budget, or simply that they're still trying to finalize what to do with the story for 8.3 or want to keep it a secret without any hints until it's officially announced.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Quite a lot of interest in our guild - in part, no doubt, because 430 is serious gear for us, it's absolutely worth it... if we can get through.

No doubt. The gear reward is great. I just haven't seen any interest outside of you wanting to do them. Which isn't a slight against you. I just wonder if Warfronts are a lost cause since heroic versions should have been there from the start.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
No doubt. The gear reward is great. I just haven't seen any interest outside of you wanting to do them. Which isn't a slight against you. I just wonder if Warfronts are a lost cause since heroic versions should have been there from the start.

Truth be told they weren't on my radar until some guildies piped up! I hadn't realised the gear level on offer.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe Blizzard has a limited budget for ingame cinematics and considering 8.2 already had 2 other cinematics, they had to sacrifice somewhere. Most patches in the past only had 1 or 2(with the exception of 7.3 I think).

Then, we have to take into account the CGI cinematics they're doing too. They never released CGI cinematics in the middle of an expansion in the past, so I think it's pretty cool that we got a few.

Really, I don't think calling Blizzard "lazy" for doing a short ingame video considering all of the above is fair. There is probably a reason why they didn't make the Azshara defeat cinematic longer, whether it's time, budget, or simply that they're still trying to finalize what to do with the story for 8.3 or want to keep it a secret without any hints until it's officially announced.
Fair point. It might be that the Cinematic department has limited bandwidth and fitting 3 cinematics in one patch put a big toll on the Azshara defeat cinematic. I wish that for future cinematics they even the duration/quality of every "relevant" cinematic inside a patch. Having this barebones and boring cinematic really sours the raid experience.

daedalius

Oct 27, 2017
Hot damn legion was so good

Hard time deciding between my warrior and DH, been playing DH more though, really like tanking on it.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Transmog question, do I need to equip the item for it to be added to my appearances? Or is just looting the armour/weapon enough?

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
games unplayable as alliance with war mode and flying lol

you cant do anything
Flying mounts were a mistake... *Runs for the hills*

But for real, one of my fondest memories from WoW was in the Cata days, when two horde players ambushed me with their flying mounts and tried to 2v1 me. Back then feral Druids were amazing, so bear form didn't just save me, it allowed me to beat them both into a pulp. But I do think world PVP was screwed over with flying, and it frustrates me that Blizz never found a good solution.

Oct 25, 2017
flying mounts are for all of nazjatar and the mountains southwest on mechagon to be tolerable at all cuz they are still designing these places to be for demon hunters only. there are sections of nazjatar that have like 3 layers on top of each other. w hat the fuck

Necrokey

Jan 20, 2019
Orlando, Florida
Sometimes I think to let Blizzard go with the 8.2 cinematic.
Then I watch this:

How could Blizzard have done a masterclass, 10/10 cinematic then release that abonimation that is 8.2 ending cinematic? In what way does the Azshara cinematic introduce 8.3? Are we dealing with Sylvanas? Are we dealing with N'zoth?

This cinematic always gets me. Its a shame the current one did so little. Blizzard IMHO has no excuse regarding this, all it needed was to be a little more transparent about whats gonna be coming next. Black shadow void tentacles and her gasping does very little for everyone. I know they think the appeal of this expansion is not knowing whats happening next but its growing old. We are about a year in and its getting frustrating how they keep dangling this carrot in front of us like were level 40 toons going into ZF trying to get our first trinket. The story is spreading itself too thin and we are getting barely anything out of it other than it seems the time of horde and alliance are coming to an end.

Its just a shame, after almost 15 years of playing this game the only real good two sided faction conflict in terms of story were the ones we had to create ourselves. This was the expansion that got me the most excited because it seemed like WAR was coming back into Warcraft. I got a little bit of it while leveling toons through cataclysm in some zones like Ashenvale and The Barrens but it seems that whenever they try Blizzard cant write themselves out of a box. Its just a shame that in a world where it seems there is only WoW and FFXIV in terms of big time MMO's that WoW is going down a path that just makes it less unique than its competition. I pray 8.2.5, 8.3 and ultimately 9.0 are a big hit and can rejuvenate everything because as an avid fan, i would rather watch this game die a controlled death than it continue down this road.

Ugh sorry for ranting, game has been in a dark place for a few years and it hurts you know? Going to Blizzcon this year and taking my girlfriend for the first time and im hoping i don't become a mopey mess while we are there.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I didn't realize Return to Karazhan was so easy to solo at 120.

Farming Midnight is going to be much easier than I thought.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Question: How do you obtain a Vicious Saddle nowadays?

I can't seem to find the way to acquire it in-game.

Seahawk64

Oct 27, 2017
1. Do they have to be rated?

2. Does my progress of the 100 wins split between 2v2 and 3v3?

Yea rated.

No it doesn't split. I believe you have to be above 1400 rating in order for the wins to count towards the mount. They also replaced vicious saddles with vicious mount. So everyone gets the same mount for the season. There should be progress bar for the mount on your arena interface under rated once you start racking up the wins.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
What addon lets me have my spells etc like this

9dAl6Pb.png

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Yea rated.

No it doesn't split. I believe you have to be above 1400 rating in order for the wins to count towards the mount. They also replaced vicious saddles with vicious mount. So everyone gets the same mount for the season. There should be progress bar for the mount on your arena interface under rated once you start racking up the wins.

Oh god damn it.

You mean I have to get 200 rated arena wins before the end of the season to get a Vicious Saddle!?

Why is it so hard to acquire a skeletal horse mount that isn't shitty looking? If they would just update the racial mounts I wouldn't have to do all this.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Oh god damn it.

You mean I have to get 200 rated arena wins before the end of the season to get a Vicious Saddle!?

Why is it so hard to acquire a skeletal horse mount that isn't shitty looking? If they would just update the racial mounts I wouldn't have to do all this.
Headless Horseman?

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Unless you're a warlock for their Legion mount, yeah I think Midnight is your easiest option for a modern skeleton horse,

Oct 25, 2017
This season is a lot of fun so far. I spent about a little bit of time optimizing my raid build for sin rogue and it's quite different from last tier. And my stat priorities are way different as well due to the influence of the essence and still got the two minor essences to unlock. And using two on use trinkets adds another button which is welcome. And some of the trinkets in the new raid look really good and fun to use and in fact 2 of them top the dps charts so I want one of them.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
ElvUI is an entire UI overhaul, but it does allow you to move your bars around in that way. Either would let you stack them like that, though you'd have to customize them a fair bit.

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
So err a bit confused - I returned to the game recently after playing a littttle bit at BFA release - I have leveled a fresh Mage and will hit 120 in the next couple of days.

Just wondering what are the best things to do to gear me up. I am hoping to get enough gear to be carried in the new raid in the next couple of weeks with some friends - just don't want to be totally useless, 405 ilvl is what I need to get to apparently.

Should I just go right away to the two new zones? Looking on WoW head and what not there seems to be so many options I really can't work out which ones to do.

Only other char I have is a 120 DH at gear lvl 310 or some shit so yea.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So err a bit confused - I returned to the game recently after playing a littttle bit at BFA release - I have leveled a fresh Mage and will hit 120 in the next couple of days.

Just wondering what are the best things to do to gear me up. I am hoping to get enough gear to be carried in the new raid in the next couple of weeks with some friends - just don't want to be totally useless, 405 ilvl is what I need to get to apparently.

Should I just go right away to the two new zones? Looking on WoW head and what not there seems to be so many options I really can't work out which ones to do.

Only other char I have is a 120 DH at gear lvl 310 or some shit so yea.

Yeah go to Nazjatar if you can. You can easily get a bunch of gear around 385 ilvl(sold by a vendor for 5 pearls or from looting rares and doing WQs) that you can then upgrade to 400+ again with pearls. You get these pearls by doing quests, WQs and killing rares.

If the mobs hits too hard in Nazjatar, well, you can also find some gear from the easier WQs in Zuldazar/Kultiras. Be on the lookout for those old WQs by the way, you cannot get weapons from Nazjatar, except for that one early quest that gives a 370 weapon and that one world boss. My mage was lucky enough to get a 395 dagger and offhand from Kultiras WQs a few days ago.

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah go to Nazjatar if you can. You can easily get a bunch of gear around 385 ilvl(sold by a vendor for 5 pearls or from looting rares and doing WQs) that you can then upgrade to 400+ again with pearls. You get these pearls by doing quests, WQs and killing rares.

If the mobs hits too hard in Nazjatar, well, you can also find some gear from the easier WQs in Zuldazar/Kultiras. Be on the lookout for those old WQs by the way, you cannot get weapons from Nazjatar, except for that one early quest that gives a 370 weapon and that one world boss. My mage was lucky enough to get a 395 dagger and offhand from Kultiras WQs a few days ago.

That's awesome - thanks so much.

Sounds easy enough to get to ~400 quickly! Excellent.

Thanks again, I'll report back in a week :D

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England

Dropped in here with pretty much exactly the same question - returning player who quit BfA due to time restrictions right at the start, going to hit 120 soon, wondering what the best thing to do is for a fresh 120 as of the current patch. Thanks for the tips =D

My main MMO for the past 6 months has been ESO, and it's been weird to see so many WoW players moving to that game and FFXIV. I've got so frustrated with ESO's devs refusing to sort out EU server performance (ping always over 100, usually around 150, frequent spikes to 300+) and refusing to sort out their broken combat animations, that I felt I should finally get back to BfA. I'd only finished the first of the three zones in Kul Tiras, so still have two more and then all of Zandalar to see. Plus whatever has been released since launch. I know players complain about end-game a lot, but it seems most of you think the questing experience in BfA is pretty great?

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
For reference, I got a fresh 120 from questing greens to ilvl 395 just by brute forcing him through Naz and Mechagon in a matter of hours.

Cheating a little bit, because he has flight and was able to tap rares for the manapearls, but that benthic gear will get you up entry level gear right quick.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
For reference, I got a fresh 120 from questing greens to ilvl 395 just by brute forcing him through Naz and Mechagon in a matter of hours.

Cheating a little bit, because he has flight and was able to tap rares for the manapearls, but that benthic gear will get you up entry level gear right quick.

similar situation on my shaman, except he's still 373 due to my rings being sub-300 crap still.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh god damn it.

You can also do rated battlegrounds. And you get one at like 75 rated battleground wins, or whatever the achievement is. The rated battlegrounds will also contribute to the vicious saddle progress the same way arena does, to the same progression bar. Once you get the new season mount, it starts on the saddle (unless they changed it this season).

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
My guild cleared 6/8 on normal palace last night. I'm digging a lot of the fights but, even for normal, they seem quite easy. The underwater fight was much more fun than I imagined and I'm surprised how close some of the bosses are to each other. There's not much trash between a few of them. At least it feels that way compared to the previous raids this expac (fuck Zul's room).

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My guild cleared 6/8 on normal palace last night. I'm digging a lot of the fights but, even for normal, they seem quite easy. The underwater fight was much more fun than I imagined and I'm surprised how close some of the bosses are to each other. There's not much trash between a few of them. At least it feels that way compared to the previous raids this expac (fuck Zul's room).

Last two fights go up a few notches.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond

Thank god for dialed back trash. Uldir and Dazar'alor were frequently boring and tedious due to so much trash.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I haven't set foot in it myself yet, but it does feel like Eternal Palace is almost an... apology for the last two tiers? More straightforward and simpler to divulge mechanics than BoD and especially Uldir.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Thank god for dialed back trash. Uldir and Dazar'alor were frequently boring and tedious due to so much trash.

Uldir became incredible tiresome to me mostly because of the amount of trash. BoD I didn't think was as bad but I sill would sorta check out during a few pulls.

I haven't set foot in it myself yet, but it does feel like Eternal Palace is almost an... apology for the last two tiers? More straightforward and simpler to divulge mechanics than BoD and especially Uldir.

The first number of bosses absolutely feel that way. We kept thinking we were going to need a couple of tried to down a boss but kept one shoting them up until Orgozoa, and that's just because one of our tanks died on the way down to the second phase and we couldn't res him. Clared it next try with no issues. The court was our first genuine wipe but we just tightened up a couple of things and it went smoothly too. I'm curious to see how the final two go after reading that comment from Skab.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Still don't know what to use this 110 boost on :(

Hunter is the king of solo content and I feel can burn through content the fastest out of every class. I have every class at max level and Hunter is by far the fastest and easiest. Also has a stealth mode now. Downside for a pure DPS class is it is longer to get into groups whether through group finder or manual grouping.

For utility, Druids are amazing. You want to run group content, you can fill any roll. Most versatile class. I run my Druid as a bear tank mostly because I don't love the DPS playstyles. But sometimes I'll queue as heals or tank for fun. Flight form is another major bonus. Only class that can shift straight into flight. Great perk when leveling.

The other classes each have something that makes them interesting, so pick what you like based on how you will play the game. For the cool factor, the Demon Hunter just oozes style, but you can start them at 98 so not sure it's worth it to blow a boost on one.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
For utility, Druids are amazing. You want to run group content, you can fill any roll. Most versatile class. I run my Druid as a bear tank mostly because I don't love the DPS playstyles. But sometimes I'll queue as heals or tank for fun. Flight form is another major bonus. Only class that can shift straight into flight. Great perk when leveling.
Technically Monks can too, but their Zen Flight isn't nearly as useful as a replacement for flying mounts like Travel Form is.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Hunter is the king of solo content and I feel can burn through content the fastest out of every class. I have every class at max level and Hunter is by far the fastest and easiest. Also has a stealth mode now. Downside for a pure DPS class is it is longer to get into groups whether through group finder or manual grouping.

The other classes each have something that makes them interesting, so pick what you like based on how you will play the game. For the cool factor, the Demon Hunter just oozes style, but you can start them at 98 so not sure it's worth it to blow a boost on one.
Yeah, my main is a hunter. I love him.

I have a lvl 72 druid, so don't really wanna use the boost on it

Status
Not open for further replies.