• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Technically Monks can too, but their Zen Flight isn't nearly as useful as a replacement for flying mounts like Travel Form is.

Wait what the hell. How do I have a level 120 monk and never realised there's a flight form? I wonder how many other abilities I've missed on my priest and demon hunter.

I'm such a noob. Worst example: I didn't realise I was carrying a cursed coin on my main for 2 weeks that'd I'd picked up in Nazjatar. I wondered why I was dying so easily and then someone pointed it out to me when I was doing a dungeon.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Zen Flight is a somewhat hidden ability since it used to be a glyph, but a few vendors in both the Order Hall and Peak of Serenity will sell the tome for it.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Ok wtf, one of my addons keeps hiding my UI during dungeons? pressing esc makes it reappear but it does it again, had to disable them all

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Why does this exist? Why do they hate Druids so much? This WQ, while useful for every class in the game, is not useful for me at all since I'm an Int user Druid.

1dmQXZj.png

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I got flying and immediately just dropped doing dailies in Mecha and Naz. I should probably get back on that.... I do the Naz emissaries but ehhhhhh at the regular days. Even if it's gonna be much faster now.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I got flying and immediately just dropped doing dailies in Mecha and Naz. I should probably get back on that.... I do the Naz emissaries but ehhhhhh at the regular days. Even if it's gonna be much faster now.

Yeah i'm pretty close to exalted with mechagon, but i'm not sure why. There's nothing there that's very appealing.

Infi

Oct 27, 2017
I only do the Naz quests now and haven't even been to Mecha since I got flying. Only reason I'm doing Naz is for the exalted mount.

Got Neri to rank 20 today and she gave me a snapdragon mount that I wasn't expecting which is pretty sweet.

Oct 25, 2017
I want exalted with both reps for profession reasons, and IIRC the last rank of their essence is there, plus rank 3 lucid dreams is somewhat related.

I've been slacking ever since I hit rank 55 heart though.

LuckyLocke

Avenger
Nov 27, 2017
Just did my first mythic King's rest with a PUG. That was challenging. Too bad the loot is not worth the effort...

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It took me less than 2 weeks by just doing the dailies and WQs available everyday. It doesn't take much longer than an hour or an hour and a half I'd say for both Nazjatar and Mechagon. Just be sure to grab the jetpacks on Mechagon if they are available on that day(or create them if you get the blueprint), saves a lot of time.

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
To follow up from a few days ago - I got from fresh 120 to ilvl 398 over the weekend.

So yea catch up mechanics are strong it seems.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
So, lore question. I was thinking about this last night/this morning but

Azshara talks about manipulating us into gathering azerite for the heart for her nefarious plans but like.... how? Does she have old god whispers-lite? I guess, yeah, she's a sorceress and her magic does whatever the plot needs it to do but it kinda seems weird. Probably overthinking it.

Magni has said that he "hears" Azeroth but it is feelings and not words so I guess Azshara can just make him feel these things and just pretend she's Azeroth. And he can kinda just "interpret" them how he feels he needs to. They'd never actually touch on this but the panic and anxiety of a GIANT SWORD STUCK IN THE PLANET probably guided his hand more than the actual "voice." He just needed a push I suppose.

I think they'd have been better off telling the same story but as a parallel to Deathwing's own descent into madness. Which I guess they could still do. I just think this whole situation is more of a GOTCHA than a real build up to anything. Aside from this the only actual reference I can recall is "The King of Diamonds has been made a pawn." which, up until now, could have been literally anything.

I guess most of us kinda guessed that what we were doing could have been "bad" but the focus on the AvH MEGAWAR was so strong that I think this whole save Azeroth business got the extremely short end of the stick.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
She's just taking credit for the whole plan because that's how her ego do. I doubt she's personally doing any old god-style secret whispers.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Shes probably getting guiding whispers herself, since she seems to have the gift of N'zoth embedded into her skull.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
She's just taking credit for the whole plan because that's how her ego do. I doubt she's personally doing any old god-style secret whispers.

I mean, as a true queen and icon should.

I still think half of this story is being rewritten on the fly. Yeah, we had the whispers back in Legion but I doubt it was really decided what those vague things would mean at that point in the story.

And by "story" I mean the dart board with vague plot points in each slice.

Bregor

Oct 27, 2017
I don't recall her explicitly saying she engineered the gathering of Azerite, just that she engineered us into a position where she could use the heart to release N'zoth

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
FVGosgS.png

My first 120 (Hunter).

Going to grind the pathfinder for BFA and legion before I focus on alts and allied races

powersurge

Nov 2, 2017
Pensacola, FL
Does anyone know if the Greater Flask of the Currents (Rank 3) is rep gated? I know its from a work order world quest but does it show up at any rep level? I really don't want to grind rep twice but my alt is my herber lol.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if the Greater Flask of the Currents (Rank 3) is rep gated? I know its from a work order world quest but does it show up at any rep level? I really don't want to grind rep twice but my alt is my herber lol.

I don't think rep matters, or if it does, just a little. I've gotten the world quests for the flasks at honored.

big bas

The Fallen
Jan 2, 2018
Replying to jump into the era guild weeee

*edit - jk actually read the rest of the OT so if anyone is recruiting lemme know

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
My guild downed Azshara tonight. Whomever said those last two fights ratchet up wasn't kidding. Second to last dude wasn't too bad but a lot of us still don't fully understand everything about the fight yet so we'll need some practice before we really have it down. Azshara took us a good while though as there is a whole lot going on there but as we all started to get it more it became really fun. Heroic is going to be rough for a while I think.

Mikarza

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Slowly doing the Pathfinder grind. Hit revered with unshackled, but still not half way through honoured with Rustbolt. Definitely going to get that done before getting alts onto 8.2 content.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
For rep on Mechagon don't miss a day of the global daily. It pops into your quest log automatically and is the only daily that you should absolutely do every day if you want rep. It gives 850 rep and is easy to complete. Usually just kill 3 rares, open 6 chests, do some activities, etc.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
For rep on Mechagon don't miss a day of the global daily. It pops into your quest log automatically and is the only daily that you should absolutely do every day if you want rep. It gives 850 rep and is easy to complete. Usually just kill 3 rares, open 6 chests, do some activities, etc.

Yeah. If you are doing that every day your rustbolt rep should start to eclipse your unshackled rep after a couple of days.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Replying to jump into the era guild weeee

*edit - jk actually read the rest of the OT so if anyone is recruiting lemme know

Depends on what you're looking for. I run a semi-casual raiding guild on Hyjal-US for Horde players and we have a good handful of ERA people as well. Non raiders are welcome, too. Very LGBT friendly and don't put up with usual "WoW player bullshit." so if that sounds like your thing I can send you a link to a recruitment post for more info.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
That guild sounds perfect, but I'm EU alliance :'(

We have a good time. Everyone is pretty chill and we pick on each other a lot. We also rename bosses frequently (Sethraliss is now Snickerdoodle as of last night - it just happened) and refer to M+ as corpse runs. We often complete the timers but no one has a meltdown if we don't. It's a good time.

Speaking of, I got my +4 essence last night and it seems SO GOOD ON PAPER (Anima of Life and Death) but the 2.5 minute cooldown is some BS. ....which is why we're gonna try to get the +7 of it tonight-ish because the cooldown is then reduced by 20% and it may actually be usable after that.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Going to be attempting my first M+10 of this season today, most likely; probably not - yet - with the intent of hitting the timer, but at least to get a feel for it.

Anyone got any tips for the seasonal affix?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.