• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Responsibility for me, I've done tanking and healing a lot before, and it's a thankless job.

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I tried tanking on my DH in a dungeon and someone in the group made fun of me :( never again.

Squirt

Oct 28, 2017
Haven't played Legion or BFA. Started up a DH. Should I do the class hall missions or skip? I'm already level 102 and just now doing the enter the fell hammer quest.

Squirt

Oct 28, 2017
I tried tanking on my DH in a dungeon and someone in the group made fun of me :( never again.
I plan on tanking with my DH. I used to tank as war and later pally through cata. I developed a thick skin and just ignore the complaints in pugs. I can just leave or they'll kick me if they don't like it.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I plan on tanking with my DH. I used to tank as war and later pally through cata. I developed a thick skin and just ignore the complaints in pugs. I can just leave or they'll kick me if they don't like it.
I still need to develop a thick skin about it all. I raid and group healed from Vanilla to Cata and then went full main DPS. I'm embracing all roles again on my druid since tanking and healing is the key to getting into groups with suboptimal item levels. I start every run with "I'm a pretty new tank; kick me if I suck". It's never happened. Groups are too starved for those two roles so they're FUCKING LUCKY TO HAVE YOU. Just remember that and you'll have fun. Even if occasionally super stressed. Haha.

powersurge

Nov 2, 2017
Pensacola, FL
Haven't played Legion or BFA. Started up a DH. Should I do the class hall missions or skip? I'm already level 102 and just now doing the enter the fell hammer quest.

There are some rewards including a class mount and such tied to the class order halls. Can't remember what DH's get (never played one) but rogues get a raven mount and parrot pet. Order hall stuff will unlock transmog options for the Legion artifact weapons as well (minus mage tower rewards those were limited time). You can always go back after max level though.

Frunkle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How is it low? Mechagon drops 415 loot. The problem is that the game is broken, and Blizzard just doesn't give a fuck:

- They are incapable of designing encounters that don't punish melee DPS, which has lead to people prefering range DPS

- They are incapable of making tanking fun and enjoyable. Because if it were, there would be more tanks and not 15+ groups in LFG looking for a tank

And I'm not going to write a 2-page application for a guild with an additional 30min interview to get into a 5-man dungeon.
rofl man, Karazhan was the exact same last expac. It's meant to be hard content because people want hard content. It'll get easier in a couple weeks.

415 is incredibly easy to get now with welfare gear. And mecha isn't terrible for melee, it just requires movement, which is what melee's advantage over casters is.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really get the punishing melee claims. I hear it a lot. I play rogue, sin rogue specifically. Not the most mobile I think, but no the least. Only mechanics that require you to stop dpsing and run far are "punishing" but also somewhat challenging as they force you to adapt. Mechanics that make you move while you dps are welcome though.

Oct 25, 2017
theres never been a dumbass detector fight like behemoth before where you can OBVIOUSLY tell what people dont know what they are doing lol.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I have a feeling they'll change it so as long as one character has earned the reputation, the essences will be available for purchase on alts... But that probably wouldn't be coming until 8.2.5.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
theres never been a dumbass detector fight like behemoth before where you can OBVIOUSLY tell what people dont know what they are doing lol.

Part of me wants to refuse to move on to Heroic Eternal Palace until we get through a Behemoth Normal fight with *everyone* getting the green goo properly.

(At which point they'll have to learn to make sure they lose the goo, which tickles me!)

Oct 25, 2017
I may stream my guild's heroic progress tonight. Assuming their is a raid (guild lead/tank is gonna be absent, which is not a great predictor for this guild lol). I'll post link if anyone is interested in checking it out. We start around 8pm EST and end around 11pm EST.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I need to find a raiding guild

I might actually join one for the first time since Legion. The folks I play with on my main server recently left a pretty... not very good guild for a different one and things seem to be going well in the new one. They also seem to have a decent amount of folks who do mythic +, which is nice since that's something I've been getting into recently as well. I did a normal pug last night on my ele shaman that went well, we 1-shot everything and then called it before even trying Azshara since the complexity ramps up pretty high for a pug in a new raid.

Also I'm just enjoying ele shaman a lot in general which kind of surprises me. I have 3 stacks of the igneous potential trait so my lava bursts are steady hitting for like 30k. I'm also trying to stay around 50% mastery because I just love the lightning/lava machine gun aesthetic from having high overload.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Few of my friends came back to BfA and are asking if I'm joining. I stopped before the first major patch hit and have never before really jumped back after quitting mid expansion.

How hard is it to catch up anyway if you haven't played in like 6+ months?

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
If any EU era members find a guild, lemme know

Also Hunter > all

I think we've had this discussion in the past and I've offered you a spot (in our cheerfully incompetent but persistent alliance guild), but I think you're horde? That rings a bell, at least.

It's possible that I'm confusing you with another, but if you're Alliance and have little to no concern about doing anything in a vaguely competent or prompt manner, we're the guild for you!

(Am I selling it? I'm sure that's irresistable!)

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Few of my friends came back to BfA and are asking if I'm joining. I stopped before the first major patch hit and have never before really jumped back after quitting mid expansion.

How hard is it to catch up anyway if you haven't played in like 6+ months?

It's pretty easy imo. Since it sounds like you're already 120 just hit up Nazjatar for benthic gear and in a week-ish your item level will be good enough for current raids.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I think we've had this discussion in the past and I've offered you a spot (in our cheerfully incompetent but persistent alliance guild), but I think you're horde? That rings a bell, at least.

It's possible that I'm confusing you with another, but if you're Alliance and have little to no concern about doing anything in a vaguely competent or prompt manner, we're the guild for you!

(Am I selling it? I'm sure that's irresistable!)
Confusing me with another lol, I'm alliance

Oct 25, 2017
My alliance guild is on stormrage. We raid friday and monday nights, 8pm-12pm EST on friday and 8pm-11pm EST on monday. We're 6/8 heroic so far with having raided only 3 nights this patch.

never

Oct 28, 2017
I just started grinding out pathfinder part 1 this month, and I'm already burnt out and I'm not even done with part 1 yet. These tortollan quests are soul sucking.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Man this new patch burned me out in record time. Two hubs each with 1-2 hours worth of stuff to do was just too much.

I've literally only just gone to Mechagon for the first time this weekend (and that was 'cause a couple of guildies wanted to run the dungeon). I really don't see much need to hurry, and that's meaning I'm still nowhere near burned out.

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I do find the two new zones completely dull. Nazjatar is just terrible full stop outside of the art and music. Mechagon is much better but both zones are so painfully repetitive. Doing the same thing every day is not fun.

I still love levelling alts, mount hunting and doing dungeons though. Operation Mechagon is really incredible too.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I just do the main WQ and the 150 implants Warmode Quest in mechagon (activities and chests can be done with flying very quickly) and all available quests/WQ/bodyguard things in Nazjatar for my daily things. I spend less than 1 hour depending if there is something going on in Nazjatar like the PvP event.

Emissaries I do them when I have 3 of them stacked.

The rest of the time goes into AH camping, M+ or Overwatch.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I didn't mind the Kirin Tor quests too much (aside from that one they broke when you got flying and then it was much better) but I find the Tortollan ones to be insufferable. Calligraphy is the only one that doesn't take too much time - the others are just BORING and that's not good quest design.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't mind the Kirin Tor quests too much (aside from that one they broke when you got flying and then it was much better) but I find the Tortollan ones to be insufferable. Calligraphy is the only one that doesn't take too much time - the others are just BORING and that's not good quest design.
They all fucking suck, except for the match 2 one, since thats quick and easy

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
They all fucking suck, except for the match 2 one, since thats quick and easy

I appreciate the effort to add variety into the quests but it's one thing for something to become boring over time however these were boring from the beginning. I'm sure it had something to do with BFA's rush job and they just threw in some random quests so they had an emissary and fit the vague "puzzle" description but big yikes. Let's try harder next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.