• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
Great. I missed getting my name reserved, because I sat there trying to log in for over 20 minutes.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Your best bet was to just sit at the "Logging in to game server". Which took forever, but ultimately resolved.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
Thank you guys so damn much.

One small refinement that seemed to work for us: We happened to have no melee (not terribly uncommon for us), so had the tank who got Briny Bubble stand still while the other got out of range - then the free tank waits for the cutting coral, and *after* that happens, moves her over the bubbles so you've got a splash factor on them without needing to be concerned about coral underfoot.
Congrats! Bet that felt pretty damn satisfying.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Got two of my names (My current main and my Vanilla Main) plus my husband's vanilla main.

Our vanilla names are also the correct spellings instead of the K-Mart versions. Awesome.

Now to log in twice and never again ahahaha

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I can't wait until this 15 year anniversary event. I want that deathwing mount so bad and will probably jump back into AV for the first time in years.

Gemüsepizza

Oct 26, 2017
Also got my name reserved, but not sure I'm going to actually play. I usually play Paladin, but I just read some Classic class guides on Wowhead to refresh my memory, and it just doesn't sound appealing at all:

- BiS gear looks like shit. If, for example, you want to be a good Paladin healer, you are basically forced to ignore the class sets, and use a mix of cloth / leather / mail / plate items, that will make you look like a clown. I know that's how it was, but it simply isn't appealing to me.

- Class balance is shit. Good luck getting a raid spot as a ret / prot Paladin.

- So much stupid game mechanics stuff, that I can't even list all here.

- Good luck doing anything on your own as a healer.

Imo they should have considered releasing a "Classic Remastered" version with at least these improvements:

- Better stats on gear, so that the Tier gear is actually usable.

- Improved class balance, for example competitive dmg for ret Paladins or giving taunt to prot Paladins.

Don't think this will have legs after the initial rush on release day.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Also got my name reserved, but not sure I'm going to actually play. I usually play Paladin, but I just read some Classic class guides on Wowhead to refresh my memory, and it just doesn't sound appealing at all:

- BiS gear looks like shit. If, for example, you want to be a good Paladin healer, you are basically forced to ignore the class sets, and use a mix of cloth / leather / mail / plate items, that will make you look like a clown. I know that's how it was, but it simply isn't appealing to me.

Imo they should have considered releasing a "Classic Remastered" version with at least these improvements:

- Improved class balance, for example competitive dmg for ret Paladins or giving taunt to prot Paladins.

Prot Paladin is my main. Has been since BC.

In vanilla, Ret is vaguely viable for leveling, Prot is even more boring than live. Mats for blessing is annoying.

That leaves Holy. Hope you like Holy.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017

I largely agree with this, especially the desire for a "classic plus" sort of situation, but I don't think classic will really flop at all. The playerbase will settle to a much lower point after the launch rush, but it will be more than enough to keep the community healthy/viable until a good deal after the content phases are done.

I know it was always something that had 0 chance of happening, but the idea of a classic server with some tweaks to its worst aspects (largely spec/design balance) would have been so good. It's the main reason I am much more interested in a BC/Wrath server, because most specs actually worked and largely had more "meat" to them. Enhance being one of the best examples.

V-Faction

Oct 25, 2017
Reserved my names on two separate servers. Honestly, I'm not too fussed about getting an exact duplicate because I believe a brand new community is going to form around servers. Especially on the PvP ones.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017

I dunno, people really, really seem to love classic. Like the verve surrounding the beta on places like Twitch or YouTube was unlike anything I've seen with WoW in a long, long time. The numbers will certainly fall back from the initial rush, but I think it'll have a dedicated community for a long time.

My crazy dream that probably won't ever happen is that we end up getting a "WoW classic" version of the game that moves beyond vanilla and receives improvements and new content, while still staying close to the general feel and design philosophies of vanilla. Sort of like how Old School RuneScape has become its own thing that runs parallel to regular RuneScape. It now gets its own content updates and actually has a larger player-base than the regular game.

Again, probably an unrealistic scenario. I'd imagine actively developing and maintaining WoW is much more expensive and time consuming than with RuneScape. But damn would that be amazing.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

paladin pretty much royally sucked to play before WotLK. It's my favorite class now, but for this reason alone I'd never wanna go back to classic. On some level I respect Blizzard's dedication to keeping everything as it was but there's so much bullshit in classic. I'd personally rather see them go back to vanilla content but with the learnings of making WoW for 15 years. Kinda like that runescape example someone mentioned. They're not making this for people like me anyway tho so it's whatever. I have zero interest in going back to questing the way it was then. I couldn't even hack it on a WotLK private server, that was too far back for me.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
paladin pretty much royally sucked to play before WotLK. It's my favorite class now, but for this reason alone I'd never wanna go back to classic. On some level I respect Blizzard's dedication to keeping everything as it was but there's so much bullshit in classic. I'd personally rather see them go back to vanilla content but with the learnings of making WoW for 15 years. Kinda like that runescape example someone mentioned. They're not making this for people like me anyway tho so it's whatever. I have zero interest in going back to questing the way it was then. I couldn't even hack it on a WotLK private server, that was too far back for me.

One of the things I'm genuinely curious about is whether there will, at endgame, be a deficiency of those classes that weren't well-treated by Vanilla. I couldn't face levelling another Vanilla pally, at least!

The intriguing thing in relation to this is that in the past when there's been poor class representation, Blizzard have explicitly looked into making them more appealing with buffs and redesigns - but - on paper at least - you'd expect that to be off the table for Vanilla.

(To be fair, though, there is the extra factor in that I couldn't face levelling another 1.4 Paladin... but the 1.12 Paladin is somewhat improved and I have no experience of how it feels to level that. I'd expect it to not be that much better, but I could be doing it a disservice)

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Melee especially is pretty dire in vanilla. You have like 4 specs combined between rogues and warriors as actually good/viable endgame specs and that's about it. Enhance was an RNG meme spec pre-BC, and ret/feral were rarely anything more than leveling/solo questing specs. It's a shame the target audience for classic has made it clear they don't want anything to be done to fix that situation.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I know I'm not the target audience and thus my opinion is trash but I would have a lot more interest in a Classic Remastered for sure even if it only touched specs being more viable

Eunoia

Oct 26, 2017
I was wondering, is there a place on the official Discord to discuss Wow Classic?

Otherwise, me and another era guy created a discord to bring everyone together who is going to play Classic and is looking for a guild/discuss the game. But if WoW ERA already has a place for that, that would be great as well. It's just to bring everyone together.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I was wondering, is there a place on the official Discord to discuss Wow Classic?

Otherwise, me and another era guy created a discord to bring everyone together who is going to play Classic and is looking for a guild/discuss the game. But if WoW ERA already has a place for that, that would be great as well. It's just to bring everyone together.

There is. I assumed Classic ERA would want their own but everyone is welcome on the Retail Server as well. I just ask that both sides keep it civil and actively attack others for not enjoying one or the other.

Eunoia

Oct 26, 2017
Hm, not sure what the best course of action is here. I wouldn't mind sharing a server but maybe in the long run, it makes sense to have separate one. What do you think?

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Hm, not sure what the best course of action is here. I wouldn't mind sharing a server but maybe in the long run, it makes sense to have separate one. What do you think?

Personally, I think it would be more successful for the Classic thread/players to have their own server (which I'm happy to link to in the OP). We'll still have our space with a Classic channel but I'm not sure it'll be as active as one strictly dedicated to everything Classic.

Eunoia

Oct 26, 2017
I agree. Then if you don't mind, you can go ahead and link the Discord from the previous post.

I also don't mind transferring ownership to someone who has been more active in the community if they reach out.

Thanks!

Naru

May 11, 2019
Got a few 385 items and I am now iLvl 375+ and still almost die at the first quest mobs (the water elementals) in Nazjatar. If that is too low why did the introduction quest give me a 370 weapon? Kinda regret resubbing now.

Last edited:

Deleted member 10234

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just can't get myself to play BfA anymore. I literally logged in once after the new content to start the quests and haven't gone back. I am excited for Classic though, but we'll see if I end up sticking with it.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just can't get myself to play BfA anymore. I literally logged in once after the new content to start the quests and haven't gone back. I am excited for Classic though, but we'll see if I end up sticking with it.
I started Nazjatar because they gave me a free 3-day trial but yeah I can't really be bothered. I'll come back for the 15 year anniversary thing in November probably to get the mount.

I probably won't get BfA Pathfinder until I hit the cap in the next expansion, assuming they make a good one and it pulls me back in.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
Got a few 385 items and I am now iLvl 375+ and still almost die at the first quest mobs (the water elementals) in Nazjatar. If that is too low why did the introduction quest give me a 370 weapon? Kinda regret resubbing now.
It's a tough zone at first but at 375 it should be becoming easier and it won't take long for you to get another 20 ilvls and for it to be much less troublesome. Also, those water elementals close to the starting area are actually one of the harder basic mobs in Naz since they have a high damage uninterruptible ability but you don't spend a lot of time in that area so it's not really a problem.

Don't miss out on other easy sources of decent gear like Eternal Palace lfr (400) emissary quests (up to 415 depending on your current ilvl) and the Naz world bosses (415). Hell, even regular WQs can drop upgrades with a lucky titanforge, particularly for weak points.

Finally, if you're an EU player then the cataclysm time walking event will still be active for one more day. It drops 395 gear that can warforge (no azerite pieces) and if you pick up the event quest to run 5 dungeons from Chronicler Shoopa (Horde) or Toopa (Alliance) you get a 415 piece from normal Eternal Palace.

I just levelled my survival hunter at the weekend, literally dinged on Saturday and was 405 ilvl and breezing through Naz by end of Sunday though now it's been pointed out to me that TW is definitely over that'll be more difficult.

Last edited:

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Finally, if you're an EU player then the cataclysm time walking event will still be active for one more day. It drops 395 gear that can warforge (no azerite pieces) and if you pick up the event quest to run 5 dungeons from Chronicler Shoopa (Horde) or Toopa (Alliance) you get a 415 piece from normal Eternal Palace.

The reset takes place overnight Tuesday->Wednesday over here; we're into the next week now.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati

This is me as well, BFA is just boring. I thought Nazjatar and Mechagon would keep me interested but after a day, I have still not gone back. Sad really. I am pretty pumped for Classic though.

FloBoJo

Nov 5, 2017
I think both new zones take a few days to really open up and get the feel for what they offer. Mechagon especially I was slow to warm to. Traversing Nazjatar can be a pain too on foot but the new bodyguard system I thought helped a lot in that regard.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I'm enjoying 8.2 far more than I enjoyed 8.0 and 8.1. My enjoyment increased once I got flying and was able to only focus on completing one zone. I just want them to extend the bodyguard system into the whole world and just let me have a friend of my choosing accompany me.

It would still probably be a Gilgoblin but options are great.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
I would probably actually play if I had flying, I have pathfinder 1 done and have been done with it for a long time, but I don't really want to do the new reputations. I will probably make myself do it at some point.

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
I'm enjoying 8.2 far more than I enjoyed 8.0 and 8.1. My enjoyment increased once I got flying and was able to only focus on completing one zone. I just want them to extend the bodyguard system into the whole world and just let me have a friend of my choosing accompany me.

It would still probably be a Gilgoblin but options are great.

I'd bring back Rehgar from Legion if we had a more global bodyguard system. I miss my shaman buddy.

Yushi

Nov 27, 2017
If you are on Herod, heavy consider going on Stalagg, I know my whole guild is having a vote about it sunday.

There's a group of guild that had a meeting for the Herod server, we counted nearly 10000 raiders. Without counting Good Squad & Grizzly, on each bring in nearly 1000 members. Plus all the random people and private server guilds.

From what i heard on the inside, Herod will NOT be an enjoyable launch with Insane queue's.

Again, I REALLY recommend not going to Herod.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
If you are on Herod, heavy consider going on Stalagg, I know my whole guild is having a vote about it sunday.

There's a group of guild that had a meeting for the Herod server, we counted nearly 10000 raiders. Without counting Good Squad & Grizzly, on each bring in nearly 1000 members. Plus all the random people and private server guilds.

From what i heard on the inside, Herod will NOT be an enjoyable launch with Insane queue's.

Again, I REALLY recommend not going to Herod.

Good to know, I might switch servers, although I am only going to play this casually I can't be putting the kind of time into this I did when it launched.

Status
Not open for further replies.