• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
For real tho, I saw a video mentioning how enhance shamans should stick with staves instead of 2h axes/maces for a while, basically because itemization is dumb. Actual base DPS of staves is higher than most of the axe/mace options you can get until like the 40's.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Shamans should level with guns imo, much better than swords.
Windfury crossbow Shaman new meta, Ashjre'thul Enhancement prio

For real tho, I saw a video mentioning how enhance shamans should stick with staves instead of 2h axes/maces for a while, basically because itemization is dumb. Actual base DPS of staves is higher than most of the axe/mace options you can get until like the 40's.

Crescent Staff is big for that reason, but you just never know what may drop for you.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
We took our first crack at heroic Azshara last night, and she is no joke. I think the most wee got her down was 73%. There is a lot going on but we were already making progress. She's a big jump from Zaq'ul.

Oct 25, 2017
We took our first crack at heroic Azshara last night, and she is no joke. I think the most wee got her down was 73%. There is a lot going on but we were already making progress. She's a big jump from Zaq'ul.

A couple tips since my guild took a long time to down her, but now we killed her on pull 2 this past week.

1. weak aura/dbm for everyone on the interim phase. We loosely stacked in between the console and the center. The soak + help groups up on the closest orb.
2. you need everyone to understand how important it is to soak the nodes, even before the interim phase starts you can have some ranged get stacks

We also just ignored the adds phase 3. Kill the one add that throws spears (myrmidon I think) before just focusing azshara down until we're in phase 4. Ranged had an interrupt order on the adds that sit on the nodes, interrupting the spells that mess with the nodes not the chain lightning.

Once we got to phase 4 with most or everyone up, it all came down to remembering to keep doing the nodes and hit the console as needed.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
For all the Classic players in this thread: I just did some cursory research to make sure your OT is still happening and it looks to be on track. I'd expect it within the next couple of days.

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
Still heavily debating Priest vs Mage. I don't think I'm going to be raiding since it is so time-intensive, but the healing factor on Priest still seems tempting for dungeons and maybe PVP.

Nov 1, 2017
I remember way back in the day in one guild I was in a warrior asked for some gold to buy a new weapon since he was broke. He wanted to buy a staff. I tried to tell him the problem with that, he was adamant that he had to have this staff.

I did not give him any gold.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
For all the Classic players in this thread: I just did some cursory research to make sure your OT is still happening and it looks to be on track. I'd expect it within the next couple of days.

Walk with the Earth Mother

I remember way back in the day in one guild I was in a warrior asked for some gold to buy a new weapon since he was broke. He wanted to buy a staff. I tried to tell him the problem with that, he was adamant that he had to have this staff.

I did not give him any gold.

Which staff was it? There are some staves for warriors that are quite good

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
From what I gather I don't think an Era guild will be happening? At least I've seen no mention of it. Tons have asked (myself included) but it seems no one has been in agreement on one unless I missed it.

There are just too many factors for a significant group of people to agree on. PvP vs PvE vs RP vs RPPvP. Horde or Alliance? Even the individual servers have issues that might be deal breakers for some:

Herod is overpopulated.
Whitemane is the 4chan server.
Faerlina is the steamer server.
Thalnos is the unofficial South American server.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
There are just too many factors for a significant group of people to agree on. PvP vs PvE vs RP vs RPPvP. Horde or Alliance? Even the individual servers have issues that might be deal breakers for some:

Herod is overpopulated.
Whitemane is the 4chan server.
Faerlina is the steamer server.
Thalnos is the unofficial South American server.

Yeah, my group originally went Thalnos but I've been trying to convince folks to move to Skeram.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, my group originally went Thalnos but I've been trying to convince folks to move to Skeram.

All of my friends are going Faerlina, so I'll probably end up there. Though I'm really worried about what the server is going to look like when all of the streamers abandon it for the next trendy game. I imagine most of their followers are going to abandon the game.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I am like 500 rep from exalted with Unshackled. I have enough manapearls for the stupid mount and I will buy it ASAP. Probably today. And then I'll focus on Mechagon which I'm at like 80% to exalted with.

I hit 61 on my Heart last night and as much as I want 65 I don't think it's gonna happen anytime soon. Probably 2-3 more weeks, I'd guess. I "need" that third slot.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
I am like 500 rep from exalted with Unshackled. I have enough manapearls for the stupid mount and I will buy it ASAP. Probably today. And then I'll focus on Mechagon which I'm at like 80% to exalted with.

I hit 61 on my Heart last night and as much as I want 65 I don't think it's gonna happen anytime soon. Probably 2-3 more weeks, I'd guess. I "need" that third slot.

I'll probably get my neck to 65 next reset unless I grind island expeditions really hard. I'm a bit under halfway to 64 right now.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I just hit 60 neck a few days ago because I can't be bothered to do any AP stuff outside the standard weekly stuff/emissaries. By the time I hit 65 on my shaman it will probably be worth it to play alts thanks to artifact knowledge.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I'll probably get my neck to 65 next reset unless I grind island expeditions really hard. I'm a bit under halfway to 64 right now.

I've missed some island weeks and definitely some mythic weeks.

I've got some sort of undiagnosed health problem (likely thyroid - hopefully not Hashimoto's) that's basically draining all of my energy. This is more than normal tiredness and runs in my family. I was supposed to get tested like 13 years ago and I never did because lol needles and I'm basically waiting until October for better insurance to kick in.

Anyway, this brief life story interferes with my ability to play as much as I would like because there are days when I get home from work and I just have to go to bed because I'm so exhausted and last week was one of them. It's just becoming more frequent and really affecting my progression in game. It sucks!

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
All I mostly do in WoW is grinding world stuff and mythic+, which I haven't been doing much of lately. I don't raid and I don't pvp. I main my Druid but I've also put a lot of time into my Prot Warrior. I'll get his neck to 62 this week.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
I call myself a hardcore casual. I play as much as many of the hardcore player base do but I don't push the high end content. I'm working my way up there with mythic+ (timed one 15 dungeon so far) but that's it.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
Got the rank 3 raid essence today, changed a couple azerite traits/talents and tried using a new pot. Increased my DPS on heroic Sivara from last week by a whole 10k, and 4-6k on the next five bosses.

I'll take that!

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
Got the rank 3 raid essence today, changed a couple azerite traits/talents and tried using a new pot. Increased my DPS on heroic Sivara from last week by a whole 10k, and 4-6k on the next five bosses.

I'll take that!

I need to attempt raiding to get that essence but at least for Balance Druid's Visions of Perfection is sort of competitive with it.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone playing Alliance on Atiesh?
Whats the best race class for killing rogues on either faction for classic? I used to hate getting ganked by rogues more than anything back when i played so now feels like as good as time as any to pay it back.

For class I've heard Warlock, hunter, or s priest. Orcs are almost certainly the best horde, but i'm leaning towards alliance. Dwarfs seem the best for them, as stoneskin increases surviabiliy and removes poisons but i'm not sure. Thoughts?

Also: weird, i just restarted my old account to reserve some names, but can find any of my old characters on non-classic retail. Is that normal? I had some level 70ish and i'd hate to lose them. I suppose they could have been removed to free up the names but would the characters be gone entirely? How do i get them back?

I could be. I'm not married to server yet. Do we have a pve server?
I will be playing a gnome mage on Atiesh called Costanza. I wanted PVE and to stay away from streamers and Nazis. I think Atiesh fits that criteria, hopefully.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
WoWScrnShot_082119_232744.jpg

holy shit - I just got an island mount

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
WoWScrnShot_082119_232744.jpg

holy shit - I just got an island mount

Grats. I haven't gotten a mount from them yet, just a toy. Once I'm done getting my neck to 65, I'm going to probably go back to doing Legion world quests for the paragon mounts. Still need all of them except for the 3 from Argus and Dreamweavers (which I've gotten twice). I think I still need one more toy from withered training as well so I'll do that again too.

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
Fortified Sanguine Quaking is pretty much a NAH week for me, especially as a tank. Didn't help that my first key was Tol Dagor ("we designed the dungeons around the affixes guys!! hahahhah") and the second WM. Trash. I think my weekly box can stay at 430 or whatever the fuck I will get from not doing a 10.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Such a sweet video.

Only two people I wished to have seen are Metzen and Ghostcrwaler.

Last edited:
WoW Classic OT
OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
The WoW Classic OT is live!

www.resetera.com

World of Warcraft: Classic |OT| Greetings, traveler

Greetings, traveler. Join the ERA Alliance or Horde guilds! Region: NA Server: Incendius Faction: Alliance Name: Reset Button Region: NA Server: Stalagg Faction: Horde Name: Reasonable Effort Guild Master: Luxent (temp) To get an invitation, join the Discord (linked at the bottom of this...

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
TFW you run Molten Core for the first time in ages on a character that can't even use 'em (a shaman).
I got a Warglaive off Illidan, too. lol

Thunderfury.png

Nov 1, 2017
TFW you run Molten Core for the first time in ages on a character that can't even use 'em (a shaman).
I got a Warglaive off Illidan, too. lol

Thunderfury.png

I have a binding on one character since Vanilla, I never got the chance to get the actual sword. Orange items make people go crazy, and there were jealous eyes in the guild that wanted what I had or the next, perhaps ultimately problematic, they were the guild leader who was a bit more than self serving.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Like many people, just resubbed to try out Classic. I'll be the first to admit that I don't think it's going to be for me though and I'll probably just end up going back to BFA. Haven't played in about a year, does anyone have any good catch-up tips? I haven't really paid attention to any patches since BFA launched and I'm not entirely sure what I was (or should be) doing.

Anyone playing Alliance on Atiesh?

That's the realm (and faction) I plan on rolling on.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen the Eye from Rag drop 3 times and every time it was on a character that couldn't use it (Mage twice and Warlock once). Never dropped when I grinded to exalted on my Paladin.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
So if I was to try out current WoW now that I have a subscription again for WoW Classic (last played a little of Legion), how should I approach it? I remember nothing about the game, should I level boost up to BfA or start a new character?

Oct 25, 2017
So if I was to try out current WoW now that I have a subscription again for WoW Classic (last played a little of Legion), how should I approach it? I remember nothing about the game, should I level boost up to BfA or start a new character?

If you buy BFA you'll get a 110 boost. Then you can jump into BfA content right away with your class/race of choice with gear that can at least get you by in the early levels.

cloudzack117

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On a scale of 1-10, how different is current WoW to say the end of WotLK? Thats when I stopped playing, though 90% of my playtime was vanilla and BC

Status
Not open for further replies.