• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so, the state of the game we have going into Blizzcon is kind of unprecedented. 8.2.5 will probably launch in late September or early October and we still know nothing of 8.3. By this time in prior expansions, the final patch was either on the PTR or already released (at this point in Legion, Argus was already playable on live servers).

This Blizzcon they're going to need to set time to talk about 8.3 and the next expansion. They also need to reveal the new expansion in a way as to not spoil what happens in 8.3, which could be difficult if it ties in directly with the next expansion.

On the other hand, spoil away because no one gives a shit about the trash BfA story. Not even kidding I'd be more than fine with them just showing a cliffnotes slide in the 9.0 powerpoint reveal thats like "yeah so sylvanas was actually plotting/doing X and Y happens in the final raid." I just want it to be done.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On the other hand, spoil away because no one gives a shit about the trash BfA story. Not even kidding I'd be more than fine with them just showing a cliffnotes slide in the 9.0 powerpoint reveal thats like "yeah so sylvanas was actually plotting/doing X and Y happens in the final raid." I just want it to be done.
Yeah I don't think this is a big enough deal to not go all-in on a 9.0 reveal. The faith in the game is probably near an all-time low in its current state. Not nearly enough people care about the story. And even if they did, probably not to the extent that they'd want Blzizard to hold back on the 9.0 reveal

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017

Eh. Sylvanas is absolutely the weak link holding the story down in BfA and the shit they pulled with Teldrassil was very stupid, but the new storylines and characters introduced in Zandalar and Kul'Tiras were all pretty great and they even handled Azshara better than I thought they would (including not killing her off immediately).

Warlords of Draenor's and the Burning Crusade's (they managed to ruin all the Outland-related characters from WC3) stories were far more offensively stupid IMO.

Last edited:

Bregor

Oct 27, 2017
The trouble is they absolutely have to have some sort of resolution to the Sylvanas story, and I don't see how they can without pissing off someone.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
They've already said her story isn't done and if we take that at face value I expect her to be a large part of whatever 9.0 holds. Especially if it involves Helya and the Shadowlands. Sylvanas is getting a cliffhanger ending at best.

Bregor

Oct 27, 2017
Even that risks pissing off people. The WoW story needs to move past the damage that Teldrasil did, and on to more traditional threats that risk less anger from the player base, but it cannot do so without a reckoning with Sylvanas.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Even that risks pissing off people. The WoW story needs to move past the damage that Teldrasil did, and on to more traditional threats that risk less anger from the player base, but it cannot do so without a reckoning with Sylvanas.
They're already brushing Teldrassil under the rug because we need to move on to the part where we're friends again against the big bad. They've actually said that Tyrande's all done for now in the build up to 8.2.

Honestly, I don't really see how to address it without an undo button, unless they're just going to write Tyrande out of the story somehow.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
They're already brushing Teldrassil under the rug because we need to move on to the part where we're friends again against the big bad. They've actually said that Tyrande's all done for now in the build up to 8.2.

Honestly, I don't really see how to address it without an undo button, unless they're just going to write Tyrande out of the story somehow.

Give Chromie her moment!!

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I gave my friend gold today to pay for her sub because she's the only person on my friends list that doesn't like Classic and I'm desperate to have someone to still play with on retail.

Pepito

Dec 11, 2017
Really a shot in the dark but if anyone is on Wyrmrest Accord-US Alliance, I'd love to join your guild. Have been guildless for way too long.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
as a former gnome myself, can confirm

i had to defect once i saw just how dang malicious they were

Little races attract some of the nicest players and some of the biggest jerks in the world. I ran a guild in WOTLK and these two gnomes caused problems almost every day bitching about not getting loot getting slighted somehow by the other players in the guild every day I would log on to complaints from those two.

Pepito

Dec 11, 2017
I have some friends who play on WRA but I'm pretty sure they're a draenei exclusive guild. If that sounds like something that could work for you I could ask them to reach out if they're recruiting.
I'd love that, even though I play a human! Even if they don't want me (I totally understand), it'd be awesome to have a point of contact on the server.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
EDzBucyWkAMZaGb

oh shit.

Deleted member 203

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
idk what that sword mech is but it looks super dope

also that's the diablo barb in the middle right? if they come back with just the mobile game again i s2g

and who's that dude with the glasses?

Pepito

Dec 11, 2017
It's Mecha Tyrael skin from HOTS, bleh.

Regardless, I knew I'd be hyped for the key art no matter what.

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
The sooner we can kill off Sylvanas in the final 8.3 raid and get our friendship mount the better. :P

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
The sooner we can kill off Sylvanas in the final 8.3 raid and get our friendship mount the better. :P

You're gonna be disappointed because she's confirmed to live into the next expansion.

As she should. I can handle Sylvie being a dirty fighter and getting shit done but she's not some glorious evil being. They done fucked up everyone's motivations this expansion.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Let's be honest, Sylvanas died in 3.3. Whatever is parading around in her body right now is just here to watch the world burn.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Sylvanas was great in 4.0, 5.3, (what's a WoD?!), and in 7.0.

And then suddenly... here we are.

I guess she tried to kill her sister out of love or something in the Garrosh book but honestly if they can't take the time to show that in game then I can't take the time to acknowledge it. And if they can choose to retcon her into being behind the Undercity fiasco in Wrath then I can choose to pull a Lucille Bluth.

tenor.gif

And I stand behind my assessment that half of the WoW fanbase wants her dead because they dared to cover up her midriff

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao, I read the supposed next expansion leak and while it's most likely fake it's so fucking stupid I love it. It's exactly the right amount of nonsense that it could happen.

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017
Tinker? Yes? No? Pls?

I need my new pet class fam, I need it bad :(

Leaks or not, Tinker being a new class introduced is in my opinion very likely. We've had a new class introduced every other expansion, so a new class for expansion pack 8 makes sense. Now that death knights, monks and demon knights are all in the game, it feels like Tinker is the one that's been most often requested/speculated about. I haven't played much of 8.2, but Mechagon brings back mechanical engineering aspect of WoW's lore back to the fore. Tinkers would have a unique flavor, unlike any other class currently in the game. Tinkers could easily wear mail, which would fix the current imbalance (3 cloth classes, 4 leather classes, 3 plate classes, only 2 mail classes). Tinkers would likely employ pets and there haven't been a new pet-focused class since Vanilla (and even if you wanted to count DK, that's still 12 years by the time the expansion is released). For DPS spec, they could be ranged dps or somewhat of a range/melee dps hybrid and all expansion classes thus far were melee dps. Tinker could easily have tank specialization and we know Blizz loves adding new tank classes to try helping tank shortages (all classes thus far had tank specs!). And this is a bit of a stretch, but in theory they could have first aid-inspired healing specialization too, which would be unique in on itself.

Really, tinkers make absolutely perfect sense to be the next class introduced in WoW, the only difficulty being how well can they be synergized with expansion's storyline, so as not to feel tacked on.

Deleted member 203

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sylvanas was great in 4.0, 5.3, (what's a WoD?!), and in 7.0.

And then suddenly... here we are.

I guess she tried to kill her sister out of love or something in the Garrosh book but honestly if they can't take the time to show that in game then I can't take the time to acknowledge it. And if they can choose to retcon her into being behind the Undercity fiasco in Wrath then I can choose to pull a Lucille Bluth.

tenor.gif

And I stand behind my assessment that half of the WoW fanbase wants her dead because they dared to cover up her midriff
If they didn't kill Garrosh at the end of MoP, it would be a bad look to kill Sylvanas this expansion. I mean they clearly had designs for Garrosh to kick off WoD, but even with how badly this expansion's story has been handled, I can't imagine Blizzard doesn't have a long-term game plan for her leading into the next xpack.

AWizardDidIt

Oct 28, 2017
Its gonna be wild when Blizz finally opens up the Sylvanas puzzle box. They've really made a character that for better or worse draws out the most extreme of opinions and reactions.

Oct 28, 2017
Denmark
After a long break I might be back in. I want to start a new character, having trouble deciding between a dwarf warrior, orc shaman or some manner of paladin. How active is the ERA EU guild?

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
After a long break I might be back in. I want to start a new character, having trouble deciding between a dwarf warrior, orc shaman or some manner of paladin. How active is the ERA EU guild?

There isn't really an 'official' one, but there's a few independent guilds that are happy to take on ERA folks. FWIW, if you go for Alliance, our guild would take you... but we're not terribly good at the PvE endgame (plugging through Heroic currently), so if you want Mythic-level raiding in the long term, perhaps best to look elsewhere!

Tinker could easily have tank specialization and we know Blizz loves adding new tank classes to try helping tank shortages (all classes thus far had tank specs!).

Is there still a tank shortage issue? I tend to find the opposite issue; we need people who want to tank to have viable DPS or healing specs because there's way more of those spaces in a given raid than tank ones... but that might be affected by my perspective as an MT, so I'm always in raids that only have space for one more tank on top of myself!

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
wait this Shadowlands leak might be legit? Even Bellular made a video on it, I thought he was usually more contained when covering "leaks" and whatnot?

Ill maintain my "its bullshit" until proven wrong, as I do with all "leaks", but I do admit, I think the diea is kinda dope. At least its different /shrug

edit: more Tinkerer mentions hnnnnnng

Last edited:

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I wouldn't give any merit to these alleged leaks, but almost every B-Plot in BFA involves the Shadowlands in some form. We're definitely going there, in some way.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I don't watch Bellular's stuff because Ion could sneeze and he'd make a video about it.

"What does this snot MEAN FOR THE FUTURE OF WOW?"

Shadowlands are coming. Whether its just a zone or the place an expansion happens in completely is up in the air. But they're definitely happening at some point in the near future.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
If that's the way they are taking the storyline then Blizzard writers have *definitely* been reading the Malazan Empire books. That's exactly how one storyline gets resolved, in a very surprising way, near the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.