• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
wait this Shadowlands leak might be legit? Even Bellular made a video on it, I thought he was usually more contained when covering "leaks" and whatnot?

Ill maintain my "its bullshit" until proven wrong, as I do with all "leaks", but I do admit, I think the diea is kinda dope. At least its different /shrug

edit: more Tinkerer mentions hnnnnnng

I won't ever believe any of these things, but god damn if that is what happens I am going to be hyped. Sounds great.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If this all turned out to be real, it could be the way out of the Teldrassil mess. When people inevitably return to life all the night elves can come back too. Queue Sylvanas: "All according to my plan."

And we all move on and don't think too hard on it ever again.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
If this all turned out to be real, it could be the way out of the Teldrassil mess. When people inevitably return to life all the night elves can come back too. Queue Sylvanas: "All according to my plan."

I am guessing if this is true that mass killing the NE's and then having an army of them in the realm of the dead was definitely part of the plan.

I could also see this being how they do the level squish they want to do.

However it's probably all fake so meh.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond

I know this won't be the case but "Shadowlands" could be a 15 year anniversary expansion and a soft reboot that people seem to be clamoring for. (WoD was the anniversary expansion but Legion felt like more of a celebration than WoD ever did because of Blizz trying to synergize with the movie)

Anyway, shit happens. We meet the souls of all the dead heroes and villains and stuff. Enslaved by the void or Bwonsamdi's boss or whatever. End of the expansion rolls around and we kill the big bad and the souls release are able to return to life. Then the story can continue however they want it to or whatever but leaving some trash (like Garrosh) dead. Or not.

It's all fanfiction of course and I don't -expect- it to play out that way but we all know WoW death is "merely a setback" and very comic book-y. I could see the possibilities in it. Don't @ me. I know it's not real and unlikely. No need to point it out to me.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's all fanfiction of course and I don't -expect- it to play out that way but we all know WoW death is "merely a setback" and very comic book-y. I could see the possibilities in it. Don't @ me. I know it's not real and unlikely. No need to point it out to me.

Oh, I think we're all aware it's likely all bullshit (at least I hope no one here thinks it's absolutely true). But it's fun to speculate on and, in the case of Sylvanas, would be a very easy was to wipe away all the recent bullshit and return her to how awesome she used to be. Plus, I could see this being how faction lines are broken down some.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Oh, I think we're all aware it's likely all bullshit (at least I hope no one here thinks it's absolutely true). But it's fun to speculate on and, in the case of Sylvanas, would be a very easy was to wipe away all the recent bullshit and return her to how awesome she used to be. Plus, I could see this being how faction lines are broken down some.

I know - I wasn't meaning you. :)

There's just some tendency to jump down throats when people speculate here sometimes. And I think speculation is FUN. I fucking love leaks!

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
It's actually somewhat plausible. It seems like a decent middle-ground between not angering Sylvannas fans by making her the bad guy and killing her outright, but still actually killing her (and everyone else) while also setting the groundwork for a soft-reboot for the series.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I really hope the leaks are true. Because more than a boring dud of a story, I love a high risk narrative, even if it falls flat on its face.

"WoW: Shadowlands", if even half the leak content is true, would definitely make BoA the latest Warlords. The dull setup to a truly great follow-up.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
BFA was always going to be a set up... they ended so many storylines in legion. Dull? I guess that is pretty opinion based.
I'm loving BoA personally. They've brought new writers on and it shows. Narratively, they're in a position to really do a story as ambitious as what's proposed in the Shadowlands leak justice (and I'm speaking as someone who's loved the narrative of the games since Pandaria, but the story beats in BoA are just...*chef's kiss*). Gameplay wise, the levelimg experience has gotten tighter with each expansion since Warlords. One of the top raids of the entire game. Honestly, outside of some pretty fair gripes about the replayability of endgame content, I'd say the criticism of BoA as a whole is largely overblown.

Still, in a general sense with fans, I do think BoA will be seen as one of the game's low points. Deserved or not.

Last edited:

Cream Stout

Oct 28, 2017
I'm loving BoA personally. They've brought new writers on and it shows. Narratively, they're in a position to really do a story as ambitious as what's proposed in the Shadowlands leak justice (and I'm speaking as someone who's loved the narrative of the games since Pandaria, but the story beats in BoA are just...*chef's kiss*). Gameplay wise, the levelimg experience has gotten tighter with each expansion since Warlords. One of the top raids of the entire game. Honestly, outside of some pretty fair gripes about the replayability of endgame content, I'd say the criticism of BoA as a whole is largely overblown.

Still, in a general sense fans, I do think BoA will be seen as one of the games low points. Deserved or not.

I can honestly say I've quite enjoyed BFA's story a lot. I just haven't enjoyed the journey to get through said story. Maybe I'm just a bit tired of MMO gameplay at the moment, but I still love checking out the BFA cutscenes and watching story videos

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Blizzard missed an opprotunity in Legion.

Killing Xavius on a Saturday should've awarded you with "The Satyrdist" title.

Mirk

Oct 25, 2017
The game really needs a shake up. Not in a story sense. After playing some classic again current gear up is trash. The gear is boring and with every thing being simmed and min-maxed to death has killed any joy from gear for me. At the same time everything to do is a rep world or daily quest grind. It's all the same shit with a new hat. I have no idea what could be done because its wow and that's what wow is but man after all this time I am only logging to hang out with friends. Classic has really made the mmo part come alive for me again but it's classic been here did it to death. Meh here's hoping.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
The game really needs a shake up. Not in a story sense. After playing some classic again current gear up is trash. The gear is boring and with every thing being simmed and min-maxed to death has killed any joy from gear for me. At the same time everything to do is a rep world or daily quest grind. It's all the same shit with a new hat. I have no idea what could be done because its wow and that's what wow is but man after all this time I am only logging to hang out with friends. Classic has really made the mmo part come alive for me again but it's classic been here did it to death. Meh here's hoping.

My biggest hope is they see that now, and actually make a change, because one more BFA like expansion and the game is probably dead forever to me.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
My hope for gearing is that they find a way to lessen the sources of gear, and in turn, reduce how quickly gear pieces becomes irrelevant. Between dungeons, heroics, mythics, M+, Warfronts, Raids, H Raids, M Raids and even LFR... that's a lot of gear just going out. And please refine the War/Titanforging system.

Bring back (consistently) socketed gear, enchants, make professions useful and -scale- the crafted gear or make the stuff you craft fun, cosmetic stuff that people will "always" want. Professions are sad.

I agree to an extent that ability bloat is a thing but some specs feel way too light. I'm not saying we need 15 abilities to manage per pull but some of them just need to feel more involved - idk - this is definitely a personal preference.

But for the love of god remember that you have to balance this game between the "casual" and the "hardcore" players. No one side is the better player/customer/whatever. But don't go too far in one direction as is usually the case when Blizzard does their course corrections.

FLEABttn

Oct 25, 2017

to be honest I think people will find classic gear simmed to death once enough people are 60. there's really no inherent difference between classic and live that would prevent this, we just had less good info 15 years ago.

Mirk

Oct 25, 2017
to be honest I think people will find classic gear simmed to death once enough people are 60. there's really no inherent difference between classic and live that would prevent this, we just had less good info 15 years ago.
I know I mean the people I play with are already doing it. Wish they could find a way to limit how much all the stat crunching mattered. I will say I don't miss all the god damn missing/parry/dodging that is in classic. Has been making me rage a bit 😂.

Oct 25, 2017
I still think gear is not an issue in retail. I remain firm in that belief, that also the gear progression in classic is overrated but also not really something that would translate well to a single expansion to begin with. I think it is great getting a big upgrade while leveling in classic since you will be with it for a long time. But in a 5-10 level expansion... or at end game, it is not as much. Plus there is a whole extra issue with classic where stats are not optimized at all, class imbalance etc., that all undermines the gearing.

Their primary focus should be improving the classes imo.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I -guess- but it's a pretty lackluster resolution if it is the case.

Since the tidestone was so easily stolen I'm assuming the others are out there somewhere or being protected with him at Karazhan while he's researching and he just hasn't let us know yet. Presumably, we're going to unlock something within the chamber of heart (i'd assume) and I am guessing he'll be involved with it.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Tin foil hat time:

Early in Legion, they were planning to have famous dead warrior types in the warrior class hall. Dudes like (main timeline) Grom and others who I can't remember, but they removed all that pretty early. Maybe they did that because, as is commonly reported, Blizz is usually planning about 2 xpacs ahead, and realized that Shadowlands would be a better place for players to encounter deceased lore figures, as well as not limiting it to one class.

I figured it out you guys I'm a genius at video games

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Tin foil hat time:

Early in Legion, they were planning to have famous dead warrior types in the warrior class hall. Dudes like (main timeline) Grom and others who I can't remember, but they removed all that pretty early. Maybe they did that because, as is commonly reported, Blizz is usually planning about 2 xpacs ahead, and realized that Shadowlands would be a better place for players to encounter deceased lore figures, as well as not limiting it to one class.

I figured it out you guys I'm a genius at video games

You're an old god and lie.

but yeah I expect a greatest hits of people who are dead. And maybe even some of them.... maybe having different allegiances while we're there.

Pepito

Dec 11, 2017
Damn, those rewards are so cool.

But of course this is after a bunch of people I know who haven't played in years just came back for Classic...

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
It's normal WoW behavior. Very normal. Right? Right?????!!!

tenor.gif

do it

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I made a RaF to get a mount before too, but that was when it only needed a month or two to get a mount. Now that it's a year? Nah, I'm good.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
None of these rewards are cool enough to be worth real money. The old RAF mounts were better. I got the one that lets me turn into a big flying cat that can carry another person. That's cool as fuck.

I mean the plane's alright but fuck paying 9 months or whatever for that.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I mean I have the money so I'm not concerned. My bills are paid and I don't have kids so why not? WoW is my most played game by a long shot so if I want something I'm gonna get it lol

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not judging anyone for getting the stuff, it's just not worth it to me.

It irks me how they come out saying it's new and improved yet it takes way more money to get the cool things. It's certainly not improved for us. Not to mention the fact that, man a lot of this would have been cool stuff to tie to archaeology. It just reminds me of the conversation about most of the really cool, unique mounts being on the store instead of in-game nowadays (which I don't necessarily buy into).

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not judging anyone for getting the stuff, it's just not worth it to me.

It irks me how they come out saying it's new and improved yet it takes way more money to get the cool things. It's certainly not improved for us. Not to mention the fact that, man a lot of this would have been cool stuff to tie to archaeology. It just reminds me of the conversation about most of the really cool, unique mounts being on the store instead of in-game nowadays (which I don't necessarily buy into).
yeah I agree. other than the new UI for it I'm not sure what's improved here. Just seems like a refresh of the rewards and as you say, the Indiana Jones-lookin' stuff would make a lot more sense if it was tied to archeology. Also, why do you get an explorer title for recruiting friends? It's just weird.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
There has to be some incentive to get people to come back to the game. For years FF14 has had a reward system that's similar so it makes sense that blizzard would try to capitalize on it.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Everything about the reward system makes sense. It's fine.
That said, fuck me if I could ever get friends to subscribe for one month, let alone 12. (I realize you can combo up to 12 in different ways, but yeah)

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Everything about the reward system makes sense. It's fine.
That said, fuck me if I could ever get friends to subscribe for one month, let alone 12. (I realize you can combo up to 12 in different ways, but yeah)

Literally no one I know IRL would play WoW if they don't already. For being a "gamer" I sure don't have a lot of IRL gaming friends.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Unless something drastic has changed, we're still getting an 8.3 raid... so seeing them wrap up the war campaign is something.

Good riddance though.

Status
Not open for further replies.