• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Is it over or will it be a week by week staggered release which we know they love to do.

I don't think Blizzard can encrypt content when it's been released to live servers.

Even if the content is staggered weekly, what happens in the war campaign will probably be datamined almost immediately.

BolognaOni

Oct 27, 2017
Man I really miss being able to go Blood DK dps like back in WotLK. I wish they allowed for that type of freedom again instead of shoving certain specs into certain roles. WotLK release with DKs was probably the most fun I've had with WoW.

DPS DK was so much fun in WotLK, running a different spec every raid tier sometimes two. Always browsing the EJ forums looking for what crazy thing came up next. The shadowfrost build was probably one of my favorite WoW moments, although it was hilariously broken. I remember pulling like 60% of my 10-mans damage on Onyxia just demolishing whelps with howling blast crits. Got nerfed pretty quickly but it sure was fun.

It was a lot of fun, but it was also kind of broken a lot of the time. I sort of respect that they've gotten better, but it would be kind of nice to have a few more of those happy accident type of balance problems. Machine gun arcane missiles with the quick-cast meta-gem in BT/Hyjal during BC is another one that comes to mind.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
The mechanic difficulty of the first three phases is definitely highly dependent on your exact DPS numbers. For instance, if your DPS lines Manifest Nightmares up with 70%, and one of your intended soakers gets it, then they'll have to make a split-second decision on whether they should try to soak the Delirium or call for someone else to get in it. But having slightly more DPS (or slightly less) will prevent the mechanics from overlapping that way.

Compared to the rest of the fight though, P4 is actually really stable and predictable. If you can survive the Hysteria transition and have enough DPS to break the shield, then you've got it!

Woohoo!

Things went quite well at the 50% transition from the outset today, we still needed a bit of practice at Phase 4 once we were getting into it reliably, but it went down on only our fourth or fifth 'proper' phase 4.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond

Woohoo!

Things went quite well at the 50% transition from the outset today, we still needed a bit of practice at Phase 4 once we were getting into it reliably, but it went down on only our fourth or fifth 'proper' phase 4.

Grats!

The moment it clicked for me when I "knew" we were getting the kill last night I just started laughing and shouting YES to my husband who was tanking the fight with me. He was like STOP LAUGHING AND POP COOLDOWNS TO BE SAFE.

He always keeps me grounded, lol.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I am considering buying myself a 2nd account or gifting somebody 1 year of wow just for the RAF rewards...

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
WHAT THE FUCK

IM LEGIT SHOOK

AMAZING CUTSCENE BUT IM FUCKING CRYING NOW!

Sylvanas is so damn sexy

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely agree with the spoilers. But have to say I'm confused by the overall tone. Hasn't Sylvanas been losing this war? The Zandalari fleet is gone so the alliance has total control of the seas. The undercity was a far bigger loss than Telsrassil. And the alliance are united whilst the horde are fragmented. It makes no sense for them to frame this as they are doing.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I just love the idea of
doing a random dungeon and getting tauren and dwarfs or something in the group /shrug

would be great for the whole lack of tanks/healers too
it's something I've always wanted

by the way if they really
kill the horde/alliance split, I dont see how they can re-introduce it in the future, mechanically speaking I mean.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
so can someone explain
Sylvannas's dark energy blast? I havent been keeping up with the story since I stopped months ago. That seemed a wee bit more powerful than her normal banshee powers.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Cinematic was great but lol god I'm so over this story.

but also I hate Saurfang so good riddance until he's brought back in the Shadowlands and understands that Sylvanas killing him was her way of bringing him there to help her win the "true battle for azeroth."

Sain

Nov 13, 2017
Great cinematics. Very much looking forward to seeing where the story goes in 8.3/beyond.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Regarding a line in the cinematic.

Sorry, I thought I had put it behind spoiler tags.

Also i noticed that Saurfang said the same thing Saurfang Jr said to Lich King at the Wrathgate.

Let it be finished.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
the ONE THING

I will give this

is that "The Horde is NOTHING" line can be open to interpretation. And I think that's where the twist will come into play. Not Mists 2.0

The formatting is dumb and won't let me fix it but whatever.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so I can't actually continue the war campaign. I can't receive one of the quests, all I can do is talk to the quest giver. Anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: Turning off my out of date addons fixed it.

Pepito

Dec 11, 2017
For the Sylvanas loyalists.

Sylvanas said:
Ah champion, I wasn't certain you made it out of Orgrimmar. If the traitors know of your service to me, they'd have put you in irons...or worse. Saurfang's ill-considered challenge may have ended the war prematurely, but it doesn't matter now. Countless souls h ave been fed to the hungering darkness. Though I cared nothing for the living, I did pity the Forsaken. For the great injustice that made them what they are. I understand the cruelty of fate better than anyone.

But despite all I taught them, they stubbornly clung to hope. To life. They will learn the truth, along with all the rest.

My bargain with Azshara will yet bear fruit. The armies of Azeroth will fight her master, and he will line their streets with corpses. In the end, he too will serve Death.

Enough reflection. There are preparations to be made. Nothing lasts. When next you see me, you will understand.

Bregor

Oct 27, 2017
Somebody was going to be angry no matter what. That was the trouble with the the war story - there was no way to end it without angering someone.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
no factions / cross faction grouping
and new class makes me extremely hyped for the expansion...

...watch netiher actually happen >_<

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
So yay end of the factions confirmed? shadowlands here we come?
Seems like that's where they want to be going at this point, but the legacy content may not allow it for a while. I wouldn't be surprised if that's part of why it looks like we'll be heading to alternate realities soon. In the Shadowlands and the Emerald Dream, the Alliance and Horde don't really have any reason to exist and we can work together there while they work on some long-term retooling of Azeroth.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I gotta admit, I did kind of laugh at

Sylvanas literally just flying away after she accidentally showed her ass lol "Oh well, I guess the jig is up, time to fuck off."

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like the rumors about Shadowlands are real then? Sylvanas saying that the armies of Azeroth will fight the master of Az'Shara, so basically Sylvanas starting this war/killing Saurfang to have them fight N'Zoth in the Shadowlands. Sounds cool to me honestly

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, I'm confused.

Are we getting more quests next week? New models for Calia and Wrathion were datamined, as well as a slew of new encrypted character models. None of that appeared in the War Campaign.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Wait, I'm confused.

Are we getting more quests next week? New models for Calia and Wrathion were datamined, as well as a slew of new encrypted character models. None of that appeared in the War Campaign.
Seems like a lot of that is just early work for 8.3. Even the heart questline isn't having us meet Wrathion directly even though he's being referenced.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a lot of that is just early work for 8.3. Even the heart questline isn't having us meet Wrathion directly even though he's being referenced.

If that was true, then their models wouldn't have been introduced in this patch at all. Blizzard would have just saved them for the 8.3 PTR.

Oct 17, 2018
God I really hope that Tinkerer isn't the class for next expac, I really really want a new spellcaster DPS class since we haven't actually had one since Vanilla, not an engineering like one.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
If that was true, then their models wouldn't have been introduced in this patch at all. Blizzard would have just saved them for the 8.3 PTR.
That's not always the case, they've added items and models into the game way earlier than they're intended to be used more than a handful of times. Tons of stuff in Legion comes to mind. It's possible there's going to be more quests released over the weeks but I wouldn't personally count on it.

That said, given that the Heart questline doesn't even seem to be active right now, it could go either way.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized that the state of the Horde leadership weren't wrapped up either.

Status
Not open for further replies.