• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
The goblin racial armor quest should just be you killing gallywix and replacing him. Become a faction leader cuz why not.

Nov 2, 2017
Damn, this game may get me in again. Worgen heritage armor along with mechagnomes?! I already have plenty of mecha themed t-mog options if I go warrior, but I just don't want to waste my time leveling again just to get their armor. I wish they could be paladins. Make up some stuff saying they analysed and replicated the light just to prove it could be done.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sylvanas' absence as a raid boss raises an eyebrow. Especially as Azshara isn't one here.

Also, is that a bonus heroic/mythic boss after N'Zoth? Or is it just a "lol you dummies thought you could defeat a GOD?"

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Sad about islands because now they're kinda fun. I'd like them to be reworked into something else in the future but I totally get why they'd ditch them. Everything else? Bye Felicia.

I was hoping to see essences become account bound or something but I guess that ship has sailed. All my alts will only have 1 or 2. Not doing that shit again.

In the past, haven't big system overhauls sometimes been unearthed via datamining? I feel like PTR datamining on a newer build in the coming days/weeks could reveal something like this and surprise us all (account-wide essences, or more realistically, a strong catch-up mechanism for alts)

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
In the past, haven't big system overhauls sometimes been unearthed via datamining? I feel like PTR datamining on a newer build in the coming days/weeks could reveal something like this and surprise us all (account-wide essences, or more realistically, a strong catch-up mechanism for alts)

I mean it is still possible but Essences are the biggest Alt hurdles at this point for me. I would give my left... arm to have them be account bound.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Holy hell I'm stoked for 8.3. I love the Black Empire so can't wait to go to Ny'alotha. I was very bummed when he first talked about it and it was just alternate versions of Azeroth but the raid looks to be exactly what I've wanted to see.

Possibly the biggest news though is the AH finally getting overhauled.

Wrathion's drake form is terrifying.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Reddit's great right now. Lots of fun posts about 8.3.
First up: the Worgen heritage armor clips through their ears.

L M F A O

fsr23yha26r31.png

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I'd just like to say that it's insane how like pumped I am now in comparison to like 8.0 and 8.1. Good on Blizzard for turning that around for me and others.

Also, I'm glad we have a place for all of us to come together to collectively scream about all of these developments.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Outside of the Mechagnome thing which I am actually less upset with now that I have messed with the dressing room, this patch is the most excited I have been in awhile.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
What stream should I be watching? The PTR datamining one?
All I see is a Vulpera shaman totem. lol

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh okay, here we go.

Dark Inquisitor Xanesh: There are few who can resist N'Zoth's whispers, but those who do are doomed to fall under Dark Inquisitor Xanesh's wrath. A mastermind of torture, Xanesh prides herself on slowly peeling the sanity from of her victims until they have been carved into true worshippers of the Black Empire.
  • This is the boss shown to be torturing Azshara, with torturing tools being part of the encounter.

So, I guess were actually kind of saving her in the raid?

Also Wrathion shows up in a different encounter, so thankfully it seems we dont kill him.

What stream should I be watching? The PTR datamining one?
All I see is a Vulpera shaman totem. lol

Is the one I'm watching/listening to

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Worgen hertiage armor is really... it's not TERRIBLE... but it's kinda bad. I don't know if they have the tech for this but it would've been cool if it looked pristine in human form and then kind of ragged/torn in Worgen form. With some physics-y dangling cloth bits here and there. The way this sticks to the model just does not look good.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta love the current faction listings in the datamined post on WoWhead:

• NEW Rajani
    The Rajani are Awesome.
  • NEW Uldum Accord
    The Uldum Accord are Awesome.
  • NEW Rajani (Paragon)
    The Rajani are awesome
  • NEW Uldum Accord (Paragon)
    The Uldum Accord are awesome

Deleted member 1190

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vulpera
  • Fire Resistance: Reduces Fire damage taken by 1%.
  • Make Camp: Make a camp at this location. Can only be used outdoors.
    • Return to Camp: Return to your camp. 1 Hour Cooldown.
  • Nose for Trouble: When you first take damage from an enemy, reduce that damage by 5% of your maximum health.
  • Runmage your Bag: Change your chosen tricks. Now where did you put that...? [NYI]
  • Vulpera Survival Kit: You have a chance to find an additional satchel of goods when you kill a humanoid.
Mechagnome
  • Combat Analysis: You gather and analyze combat data every 5 sec, increasing your primary stat by 50, stacking up to 8 times. The data decays while out of combat.
  • Hyper Organic Light Originator: Summon Organic Light duplicates to distract your foes.
  • Mastercraft: You function as a personal Blacksmithing Anvil, Cooking Fire, and Mining Forge. In addition, your limbs include every profession tool.
  • Re-Arm: When you fall below 20% health, heal for 20% of your maximum health. This effect cannot occur more than once every 1.5 min.
    • Re-Attached: You've recently Re-Armed and cannot benefit from it again.
  • Skeleton Pinkie: Allows opening of locked chests and doors that require a skill level up to 100.

Mechagnomes gonna be everywhere

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Mechagnomes gonna be everywhere
Let's wait and see what the Rummage [not yet implemented] Vulpera one turns out to be.

Also, I really thought KT/ZTrolls would take off like crazy, yet they each only constitute 1 or 2% of the population. Those rep gates are long since being an issue, and those races are both arguably way cooler (cosmetically) than these. I suspect the player base for both these new races will be even lower.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Nathanos being killed in a heritage quest doesn't seem right. I wonder if it's an illusion of something. The Worgen heritage armor is pretty disappointing mostly because the idea is really solid but the execution is quite lacking.

I doubt the Mechagnome racial makes it to live. Didn't Zandalari have an insane one on the PTR?

Pepito

Dec 11, 2017
Racial abilities are one of my favorite things in WoW. Using yourself as an anvil or setting your own personal hearth are just amazing.

That and the survival kit would make a Vulpera super fun to level.

The Make Camp has to share a cooldown with your hearthstone, right? Otherwise these guys just became the most efficient race in WoW.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Racial abilities are one of my favorite things in WoW. Using yourself as an anvil or setting your own personal hearth are just amazing.

That and the survival kit would make a Vulpera super fun to level.

The Make Camp has to share a cooldown with your hearthstone, right? Otherwise these guys just became the most efficient race in WoW.

So this means they can set up a custom hearth location, basically? I like it!
I still think Mages/ports outclass them on the ultimate global mobility scale. Haha.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
If there's a Goblin rebellion against Gallywix, I want it to be called a union dispute.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
We'll, I'm hyped. I love 8.2, and I ain't shamed about it. This looks to ramp up everything I liked about 8.2.

Seeing that raid boss list...I have some speculations:

Not seeing Azshara as a raid boss, but seeing that she's in the raid (and it looks like she's being held captive) makes me believe that the partnership between her and Sylvanas is real, and the two will ultimately be responsible for taking N'zoth out. Which, I'm here for.

Also, my old god theory:

Am I the only one who thinks it's perculiar that 'Carapace of N'zoth' and 'N'zoth the Corruptor's are two separate boss encounters? And not in a 'Spine of Deathwing' --> 'Deathwing' sort of way. The boss text describes them as almost two separate entities, with the carapace being described almost like a housing body for "real form" of the Corruptor. It tickles a nagging theory that I've had about the old gods for years now...that their huge bodies are actually a type of living space ship, housing the actual "old god" within. It would explain how Xal'atath could be an "old god", AND it would explain why the old god created by the Titans (forget its name...which is preferred) didn't exhibit the same sentience that we see in actual old gods. It was just a recreated piece of a body, no core. I suspect that N'Zoth's true form, whatever it is, is going to be the big moment of the patch.

Rokal

Oct 25, 2017
8.3 seems like it was made in a really economical way. Lots of re-used models and environments, similar to Dragon Soul in 4.3. I like the idea of revisiting older zones and having new stuff happen in them, especially for expansion zones that I love as much as those in MoP, but I can't help but feel that this update is Blizzard cutting their losses and moving on from BFA in terms of investment/budget.

I am happy that Vale of the Eternal Blossom is being restored to look pretty again though.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
8.3 seems like it was made in a really economical way. Lots of re-used models and environments, similar to Dragon Soul in 4.3. I like the idea of revisiting older zones and having new stuff happen in them, especially for expansion zones that I love as much as those in MoP, but I can't help but feel that this update is Blizzard cutting their losses and moving on from BFA in terms of investment/budget.

I am happy that Vale of the Eternal Blossom is being restored to look pretty again though.
Yeah, I don't doubt that this is getting a limited art budget at this point while they pour everything else into 9.0. I love the Black Empire architecture and the raid looks great, so that's probably some stuff that's getting backported... Black Empire expansion seems more and more likely now.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
So with a new PVP season and raid tier. Wonder what the new base level of gear will be (currently 380). It's the last gear jump until the next XP for sure.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
So with a new PVP season and raid tier. Wonder what the new base level of gear will be (currently 380). It's the last gear jump until the next XP for sure.
All the freebie gear seems to be starting around 430 this time, but that may just be because Wrathion's cloak is special.

Deleted member 1190

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is Sylvanas dialog with Azshara.

Edit: Oh wowowow, spoilers
No more Warcheifs for Horde, there is now a council with Baine, Thrall, etc.

Deleted member 1190

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay wow, so Sylvanas

Made a deal to give Azshara what she needed to free N'Zoth, so he would be vulnerable. But in return, Sylvanas wanted Azshara to kill all of us.

Also we apparently approach

Lillian Voss

To be the new leader of the Forsaken, but

She declines, saying there is someone better suited for it.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Okay wow, so Sylvanas

Made a deal to give Azshara what she needed to free N'Zoth, so he would be vulnerable. But in return, Sylvanas wanted Azshara to kill all of us.

Lillian Voss

so the Sylvanas thing could still lead to...

I'm never letting this go.

At least until Blizzcon

Nov 1, 2017
Okay wow, so Sylvanas

Lillian Voss

If
Calia gets put there Forsaken players are going to riot

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I'll say this much, I totally buy Azshara as a 7D chessmaster. She's been scheming and plotting for years and has been such an enigmatic character for so long, and it's been supported for a long time by the lore and the interactions.

Sylvanas having anything to do with that is just vague nonsense pretending to be surprising, but Azshara is on point at least.

Nov 1, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.