• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Vulpera look amazing imo. Great mount too.

a12NDpD.jpg

Horde deffo won this round. I like the mechagnomes and if Tinkers are real Ill make a Tinker mechagnome, but thats about the only class i would make one I think, they seem too specific(?), I dunno... feels weird to have a robot warlock for example.

edit: uh oh, from mmo champion:

• Reach Exalted with the Rustbolt Resistance
  • Earn Achievement The Mechagonian Threat
    • Complete the following Mechagon Island quests: "The Legend of Mechagon," "A Quick Ear Hustle," "This is Our Vault Now," "Let's Get It Started," "You Must be This Height," "Machinations for Mechagon," "Only the Best Will Do," "To Mechagon!," "Prospectus Bay," "We Come in Peace…and Profit," "The Resistance Needs YOU!," "Rescuing the Resistance," "My Father's Armies," "We Can Fix It," "Drill Rig Construction," "Send My Father a Message," "Welcome to the Resistance," "Operation: Mechagon – The Mechorginator."
Yeah I havent done Mechagon dungeon and my guild is dead so guess im SOL >_>

Last edited:

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
This is repost from the 8.3 patch thread in Gaming.

I just resubbed for WoW Classic about a month ago and I dipped into retail and realized I had the entirety of Legion to play through. I've been slowly working through Legion working on Suramar (I hate this so far, this city is a jumbled mess of dead ends, stupid quests, and forced stealth), Broken Shore, and trying to find groups to run the Legion raids because I never saw the content. I just grabbed BFA for $30 because it was on sale and now I feel overwhelmed with the sheer amount of shit I have to catch up on. I can't imagine what coming to this game for the first time ever must feel like.

Well, the nature of the game is that most of the content outside the current expansion is pretty much irrelevant. So you don't really have to catch up on any of it.

Oct 25, 2017
Vulpera look amazing imo. Great mount too.

a12NDpD.jpg

Horde deffo won this round. I like the mechagnomes and if Tinkers are real Ill make a Tinker mechagnome, but thats about the only class i would make one I think, they seem too specific(?), I dunno... feels weird to have a robot warlock for example.

edit: uh oh, from mmo champion:

• Reach Exalted with the Rustbolt Resistance
  • Earn Achievement The Mechagonian Threat
    • Complete the following Mechagon Island quests: "The Legend of Mechagon," "A Quick Ear Hustle," "This is Our Vault Now," "Let's Get It Started," "You Must be This Height," "Machinations for Mechagon," "Only the Best Will Do," "To Mechagon!," "Prospectus Bay," "We Come in Peace…and Profit," "The Resistance Needs YOU!," "Rescuing the Resistance," "My Father's Armies," "We Can Fix It," "Drill Rig Construction," "Send My Father a Message," "Welcome to the Resistance," "Operation: Mechagon – The Mechorginator."
Yeah I havent done Mechagon dungeon and my guild is dead so guess im SOL >_>

The mechagon dungeon is not hard and will likely be easier once 8.3 releases. Ya def do not need a guild to run it.

powersurge

Nov 2, 2017
Pensacola, FL
Last edited:

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Hopefully once the gear bump is in. But right now, it's almost impossible to get groups unless you are raid or Mythic+ geared. I was hoping Mecha would go on LFG like they did with other Mythic initial releases.
It will, 8.3 datamining already found the two wings as both Heroic and Keystone dungeons.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Well, the nature of the game is that most of the content outside the current expansion is pretty much irrelevant. So you don't really have to catch up on any of it.

I understand that, I've been playing WoW since release but I stopped after Warlords and completely missed everything from Legion on. I just want to see all that content I missed even if I trudge through the entirety of Suramar, which I'm doing now. Illidan and the Tomb of Sargeras are some of my favorite parts of the old lore so this entire expansion is basically made for me.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I understand that, I've been playing WoW since release but I stopped after Warlords and completely missed everything from Legion on. I just want to see all that content I missed even if I trudge through the entirety of Suramar, which I'm doing now. Illidan and the Tomb of Sargeras are some of my favorite parts of the old lore so this entire expansion is basically made for me.

Ahh. Legion was quite good, it's a shame you missed it when it was current.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Is the class design still horrible? I want to get back into this, but tbh if my class (ret paladin) is still boring to play then I won't bother.

Yes, it is. Still using the largely awful redesigns as the base class design, and unlikely to change significantly, not least which because modern Blizzard just can't do complex class design. It's why PvP's been at an all time low of depth/enjoyability since WoD came out.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Is the class design still horrible? I want to get back into this, but tbh if my class (ret paladin) is still boring to play then I won't bother.

Aye ain't worth it coming back if you didn't enjoy your class during early stages of BFA.

Yes, it is. Still using the largely awful redesigns as the base class design, and unlikely to change significantly, not least which because modern Blizzard just can't do complex class design. It's why PvP's been at an all time low of depth/enjoyability since WoD came out.

I do hope they change things around come 9.0

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
iI am flabbergasted, dumbfounded, I am completely flumoxxed at the experience I just had in wow...

I just spent around 4 hours if not more doing Operation Mechagon with a pug. Oh no, 4 hours if not more in a pug, what sort of horror story do you have for us Rhaknar?

I...don't. It's a wonderful story. We were 5 people that had never done it, only in about 400 ilvl, we wiped a ton (especially in the first half), but nobody ever sniped at anyone else. Nobody pointed fingers. People owned up to mistakes. The group never fell apart, we even took long breaks because someone had to grab a smoke, or a shower, or start making dinner, we ported to Boralus and flew back for repairs (you cant use repair mount in the second half of the dungeon)... and we still finished it in good spirits. I honestly havent had an experience like this in WoW since... vanilla? cata/wrath? I am honestly shocked, and it's a shame it happened in the wake of the Hearthstone shitshow, as it's the most positive thing Ive experienced in WoW in many years.

Oh and the dungeon is fantastic btw, feels like a actual 5man raid, which I never thought the Kara mega-dungeon did.

Oct 25, 2017
iI am flabbergasted, dumbfounded, I am completely flumoxxed at the experience I just had in wow...

I just spent around 4 hours if not more doing Operation Mechagon with a pug. Oh no, 4 hours if not more in a pug, what sort of horror story do you have for us Rhaknar?

I...don't. It's a wonderful story. We were 5 people that had never done it, only in about 400 ilvl, we wiped a ton (especially in the first half), but nobody ever sniped at anyone else. Nobody pointed fingers. People owned up to mistakes. The group never fell apart, we even took long breaks because someone had to grab a smoke, or a shower, or start making dinner, we ported to Boralus and flew back for repairs (you cant use repair mount in the second half of the dungeon)... and we still finished it in good spirits. I honestly havent had an experience like this in WoW since... vanilla? cata/wrath? I am honestly shocked, and it's a shame it happened in the wake of the Hearthstone shitshow, as it's the most positive thing Ive experienced in WoW in many years.

Oh and the dungeon is fantastic btw, feels like a actual 5man raid, which I never thought the Kara mega-dungeon did.

I am glad you enjoyed it

XenodudeX

Oct 25, 2017
Jacksonville, Florida
Alright thanks. I'll just sit it out and wait until 9.0 then.

Honestly, they'd have to do a complete 180 for me to come back. Maybe I'm expecting too much.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
I guess I should ask now since I'm in the middle of it. Do the Suramar mobs stay at 110? Should I just work at 120 and finish Suramar at a later time? It seems awfully time consuming when I could be working on unlocking Argus and leveling and earning gear instead of all this cash I don't need atm.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I should ask now since I'm in the middle of it. Do the Suramar mobs stay at 110? Should I just work at 120 and finish Suramar at a later time? It seems awfully time consuming when I could be working on unlocking Argus and leveling and earning gear instead of all this cash I don't need atm.
I would definitely get to 120 first to make all the Legion stuff easier if you're just in it for content tourism. You can always come back. That's exactly what I did. Got to 120 before grinding out Broken Isles Pathfinder. At 120 you'll also easily be able to get into the Legion transmog raid runs.

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
1000 pets collected DONE !
I had to level multiple missing professions (and some even twice), do some shady achievements, send an alt army to collect charms and even level an alliance to max level... But it's done.
I had to brag somewhere : o

Jag

Oct 26, 2017

Grats. You are very lucky. Most pugs would have broken. It's probably a testament to how hard it is for 400s to get a group in Mecha that they were willing to tough it out.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Grats. You are very lucky. Most pugs would have broken. It's probably a testament to how hard it is for 400s to get a group in Mecha that they were willing to tough it out.

oh I know, like I said, it was like 1 in a 1000 and the first time it happened to me in like 10 years lol

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
I would definitely get to 120 first to make all the Legion stuff easier if you're just in it for content tourism. You can always come back. That's exactly what I did. Got to 120 before grinding out Broken Isles Pathfinder. At 120 you'll also easily be able to get into the Legion transmog raid runs.

Yeah, I'm gonna catch up on BFA content and run stuff with my guild while I still can and work on Suramar later. The place wouldn't be so bad if they didn't have 9000 quests and some of them just straight up require you to dump thousands of mana into a person just to move the chain along. Also the constant running back and forth across the entire city map to talk to 1 person and then turn in a quest. This entire chain was dreamt up by a sadistic person.

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
1000 pets collected DONE !
I had to level multiple missing professions (and some even twice), do some shady achievements, send an alt army to collect charms and even level an alliance to max level... But it's done.
I had to brag somewhere : o
Congrats! I've been over 1000 for awhile now so I totally know how annoying some of that is.
I still need to finish collecting some of the new ones from 8.2, but I'm kinda hoping that there will be some cool new pet content in 9.0.

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats! I've been over 1000 for awhile now so I totally know how annoying some of that is.
I still need to finish collecting some of the new ones from 8.2, but I'm kinda hoping that there will be some cool new pet content in 9.0.

Thanks !
Indeed new content is always welcome, especially since Gnomeregan and Stratholme have been quite fun. I also hope they'll resolve or advance considerably the shadowy figures plot, maybe in the next pet dungeon (Blackrock) ?

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
My dude trying hard to dodge and he got a whole two races working against him.

Lor'themar: Thank you again for leading our forces in Nazjatar alongside me, Thalyssra. Your insight and courage were key to our victory.
First Arcanist: It was an honor, Lor'themar. I am relieved the war is finally over. Now you have no excuse to refuse my invitation to visit Suramar.
Lor'themar: Well, uh... I have been away from Silvermoon for some time. No doubt my people require--
First Arcanist: Halduron has assured me that Quel'Thalas is quite secure. And Rommath said that if you put up a fuss, he will teleport you to the Nighthold himself.
Lor'themar: It seems my closest allies are conspiring against me!
First Arcanist: Would it really take a conspiracy for you to spend time alone with me?
Lor'themar: No, my lady. It would be my pleasure.
First Arcanist: A suitably chivalrous answer, Regent Lord. There may be hope for you yet! Perhaps I can even teach you to relish the... simpler joys of life.
Lor'themar: Perhaps you can, First Arcanist. Perhaps you can.
First Arcanist: I will accept, if you will stand by my side, as counselor... and friend.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
It's been established that the old gods we fight are just fractions of their true size anyway. The sentient tip of the iceberg, more or less.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017

I did Mechagon on launch week with a group of friends. We were definitely undergeared (3 people below 385), so it took us a few tries to get all the way through the dungeon, but it was some of the most fun I've had in a 5 man in years. The simple-yet-challenging fight design definitely recalls BC and Wrath era dungeons for me. I had forgotten how much fun it could be to go through a challenging 5 man where your main obstacle is just clearing the fights, instead of beating a timer.

If you can find a good group for it, I'd recommend giving the Hard Mode version of the dungeon a shot. Beating Hard Mode King Mechagon an incredibly awesome experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.