• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm gonna catch up on BFA content and run stuff with my guild while I still can and work on Suramar later. The place wouldn't be so bad if they didn't have 9000 quests and some of them just straight up require you to dump thousands of mana into a person just to move the chain along. Also the constant running back and forth across the entire city map to talk to 1 person and then turn in a quest. This entire chain was dreamt up by a sadistic person.
Yeah, I absolutely hated the Suramar stuff at the time too. I don't have nearly as high an opinion of Legion as most, mainly because of that. Also the WQ grind is still dragging the game down. By the time I'm done doing all my daily chores for WQs and Pathfinder I don't even have much desire to play anymore. It's pretty much all I do.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
N'zoths default model size in game vs human

EGZF6s9WwAExQU4

Show me the tentacles! Hehehe this is looking good, reminds me of the Hearthstone card

Well if this is N'Zoth in the skybox of Ny'alotha than he's quite large.

So dope to finally see this in game.. To bad there isn't an expansion based on this

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
the Vulpera heritage armor has a sack type thing instead of a cloak so that's another "backpack-style" model in the game.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
So dope to finally see this in game.. To bad there isn't an expansion based on this

Just based on the small things from 8.3 it seems they're hinting at the larger "Black Empire" which is obviously much more than just Nyalotha. I wouldn't count it out just yet. Especially with Murozond technically still around and Dragonflights doing dragon things.

I don't even think we're gonna kill N'zoth this go around (a cutscene called "nzothdeath.mpeg" would just be a naming convention and not a spoiler) so everyone being convinced that we're done with Old Gods after 8.3 is a little... jumping the gun.

Hell, in the 8.3 post on Gaming Side there was someone arguing that the Old Gods are all dead even though literally last expansion we interacted with them and, well, Chronicles. As much as I hate lore being swept into books they're canon as of now. The Old Gods are still a threat. World of Warcraft: Tentacles of the Shadowlands can very much still happen.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
if there's no iron corgi we should riot

i mean, we should probably riot anyway, but double riot.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I absolutely hated the Suramar stuff at the time too. I don't have nearly as high an opinion of Legion as most, mainly because of that. Also the WQ grind is still dragging the game down. By the time I'm done doing all my daily chores for WQs and Pathfinder I don't even have much desire to play anymore. It's pretty much all I do.
I think this is an issue they have to address in the next expansion. This chores list model isn't sustainable I think.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I didn't like Suramar's gameplay at first because it was really difficult at my item level (I have this complex where I don't do dungeons while leveling through content for the first time) so I was severely undergeared. The design and scope of Suramar were incredible though and I hope we get something in the same vein as that again. The new cities feel a bit like Suramar city in some ways (e.g. people could actually live there) but Suramar City was something on another level imo.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I thought Suramar was cool overall. The architecture/design is top notch and just the concept of a fully realized max-level only quest zone is something I appreciated, and I think the story contained within it was pretty well executed.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I thought Suramar was cool overall. The architecture/design is top notch and just the concept of a fully realized max-level only quest zone is something I appreciated, and I think the story contained within it was pretty well executed.

Yeah. Totally 100% an upgrade from Tanaan which I tired of pretty quickly.

Though that's probably not a surprise to anyone.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I did tanaan just long enough to get pathfinder I think? That whole experience was super unimpressive for me.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I did it while it was current content etc. By the end I was tired of it all and just bought the emblems of the legion or whatever so I wouldn't have to waste more time there grinding out rep.

I like Draenor as a setting. I just didn't enjoy Tanaan very much.

TheRaidenPT

Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Well if this is N'Zoth in the skybox of Ny'alotha than he's quite large.
Just based on the small things from 8.3 it seems they're hinting at the larger "Black Empire" which is obviously much more than just Nyalotha. I wouldn't count it out just yet. Especially with Murozond technically still around and Dragonflights doing dragon things.

I don't even think we're gonna kill N'zoth this go around (a cutscene called "nzothdeath.mpeg" would just be a naming convention and not a spoiler) so everyone being convinced that we're done with Old Gods after 8.3 is a little... jumping the gun.

Hell, in the 8.3 post on Gaming Side there was someone arguing that the Old Gods are all dead even though literally last expansion we interacted with them and, well, Chronicles. As much as I hate lore being swept into books they're canon as of now. The Old Gods are still a threat. World of Warcraft: Tentacles of the Shadowlands can very much still happen.

Ok I've been giving some thoughts about this but what if.. end of 8,3 is a post apocalyptic scene as in end of Infinity War? We could get the black empire winning come 9.0 and we have to somehow fight back?

We need a sort of reset and next expansion could allow us to lead us to that

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Ok I've been giving some thoughts about this but what if.. end of 8,3 is a post apocalyptic scene as in end of Infinity War? We could get the black empire winning come 9.0 and we have to somehow fight back?

My personal theory is that a Shadowlands expansion will allow us to interact with dead characters from years past and somehow it will end by restoring them to life and effectively rebooting the World of Warcraft universe narratively. Like, yeah, Classic to BFA still happened but basically we wipe the slate clean and just continue on our merry little way.

Someone screenshot this in case I'm right.

TheRaidenPT

Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
There have been some 4chan leaks regarding new graphics and etc.. But I don't know they can revive retail to be as popular as classic these days

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA

We've been speculating on something like this for a while. My running theory is that we ultimately fail - we'll succeed in crippling N'Zoth, but at the end Azeroth (the world soul) will die and that leads us into our extradimensional quest to save her, either via the Shadowlands or something else.

TheRaidenPT

Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
My personal theory is that a Shadowlands expansion will allow us to interact with dead characters from years past and somehow it will end by restoring them to life and effectively rebooting the World of Warcraft universe narratively. Like, yeah, Classic to BFA still happened but basically we wipe the slate clean and just continue on our merry little way.

this could work and reviving folks like Darian and Tirion back, it's a long shot but this could work.

also bringing wow to consoles would help since the game already seems pruned enough for a controller lol

TheRaidenPT

Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
We've been speculating on something like this for a while. My running theory is that we ultimately fail - we'll succeed in crippling N'Zoth, but at the end Azeroth (the world soul) will die and that leads us into our extradimensional quest to save her, either via the Shadowlands or something else.

again shadowlands and Alleria with the void have been heavily implied

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
The whole Vol'jin storyline doesn't seem to be resolved in 8.3, so I think that's another point in Shadowland's (or something similar) favor. Why have a multi-patch questline going around talking to various death entities, that directly involves Sylvanas, if that thread isn't going anywhere in either this or the next expansion? It certainly looks like we are going to be exploring death-related things in the near future.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
The whole Vol'jin storyline doesn't seem to be resolved in 8.3, so I think that's another point in Shadowland's (or something similar) favor. Why have a multi-patch questline going around talking to various death entities, that directly involves Sylvanas, if that thread isn't going anywhere in either this or the next expansion? It certainly looks like we are going to be exploring death-related things in the near future.

Don't you dare tempt Blizzard to leave something else unresolved for literally years. You stop jinxing us right now.

Oct 25, 2017
I like unresolved stories. Is not that boss from waycrest manor from the shadowlands? Jainas storyline in BFA deals with the shadowlands? Gorak tul, I think the boss name is. It is all coming together. Cannot spend all the storylines all at once, I think this expansion was designed to build up the storylines more than conclude storylines.

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
Still haven't completed last 2... Hurray !
neptulon says what's up

Fuck this hurts.
Blizzard should totally do an expansion with all the various cut content over the years. Would give people an opportunity to revisit old zones.

Vanilla : Emerald Dream, Dragon Isles
WotlK : Crystalsong Forest (The deadest zone ever ?), Azjol Nerub !! (A zone ! A raid ! Woe is me I adore nerubians), Gundrak missing dungeons and raid !!
Cata : Neptulon / Abyssal Maw raid
WoD (most hurting after WotlK) : Farahlon !!! Ogre continent !!
I actually don't know much about cut zones in BC/MoP/Legion but there probably are some right ?

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I actually don't know much about cut zones in BC/MoP/Legion but there probably are some right ?
As far as we're aware with MoP, nothing significant was cut. There was an idea for some endgame on the island of Thal'Dranath in Legion that got shelved when they (presumably) got the idea for Argus instead.

that said let's all pour one out for dance studio... again.

The Last Laugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 31, 2018

Fuck this hurts.
Blizzard should totally do an expansion with all the various cut content over the years. Would give people an opportunity to revisit old zones.

WotlK : Crystalsong Forest (The deadest zone ever ?), Azjol Nerub !! (A zone ! A raid ! Woe is me I adore nerubians), Gundrak missing dungeons and raid !!
One of the most heart breaking things about the game is that there are such amazing and honestly iconic areas that just go to waste and I would love things to happen to take you back to them.

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
As far as we're aware with MoP, nothing significant was cut. There was an idea for some endgame on the island of Thal'Dranath in Legion that got shelved when they (presumably) got the idea for Argus instead.

that said let's all pour one out for dance studio... again.
Thanks never heard about that one.

One of the most heart breaking things about the game is that there are such amazing and honestly iconic areas that just go to waste and I would love things to happen to take you back to them.

My thoughts exactly. Also, an expansion revisiting them would cater to retail and classic fans alike. Win/win/win since you can use existing concept arts and all !

That said if anyone can complete my list of missing zones I'd be delighted.
Tried to find a good compilation of this on the internet but I came short.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017

That would actually be dope, and cause some smaller conflicts and power struggles. I'd be down for that.

The Last Laugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 31, 2018
I quickly now remember one of the reasons I stopping playing. Being forced to do Siege of Boralus Mythic to progress (and unlock Kul Tiran)

Kaim Argonar

Dec 8, 2017
We got heroic Azshara to 5% tonight. We're totally getting this kill Sunday.

We killed her a few days ago the same night my subscription lapsed. Now we're on raiding hiatus. FFA save for everyone.

Although I just gave Blizzard $100 for the 15th Anniversary edition and it comes with a month sub code. I'll probably use it for some casual raiding with my horde alt and some wow classic leveling.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
Heroic Azshara down, finally. Classic really screwed my raid team. We were 6/8 when it dropped and we lost several raiders and couldn't put a regular team together and took a break for a month while we replenished our numbers.

Good timing too, since I cancelled my sub before the raid to protest the Blitzchung thing. Can't justify financially supporting anymore a company that does shit like that.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017

This storyline hasn't impacted all that much on the Alliance side, I think if it was intended to be a significant plot point going forward it'd have to be introduced to the other faction as well. That's not to say, of course, that there won't be 'catch-up' story for us.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
We got heroic Azshara to 5% tonight. We're totally getting this kill Sunday.

It was a little surprising how easily Azshara came after we'd struggled on Za'qul; it does feel rather that as long as you can be smooth up to the start of the final phase with the console going haywire - and don't get yourselves caught out by the first massive black void zone, as happened to us the first time we got there! - it's pretty easy.

It doesn't do any harm that it looks like there's still no need for tank swaps in that phase - wasn't surprised in Normal, but was expecting them in Heroic - which means I can just completely disengage and focus on draining the console when required.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
This storyline hasn't impacted all that much on the Alliance side, I think if it was intended to be a significant plot point going forward it'd have to be introduced to the other faction as well. That's not to say, of course, that there won't be 'catch-up' story for us.

Well, "Who actually wanted Vol'Jin to make Sylvanas warchief" is a question that effects the alliance quite a lot, as it allowed all her shenanigans in BfA. It's definitely a significant dangling thread, even if it really only has a horde focus atm.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Well, "Who actually wanted Vol'Jin to make Sylvanas warchief" is a question that effects the alliance quite a lot, as it allowed all her shenanigans in BfA. It's definitely a significant dangling thread, even if it really only has a horde focus atm.

Sure, it's just that if that is a significant plot point in the future, it probably needs to coalesce a bit on our side first! We've seen nothing about the 'investigation' side of it that the Horde has, unless I've missed huge chunks.

TheRaidenPT

Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal

I'm sure something will come out of 8.3 for us Alliance players

Heroic Azshara down, finally. Classic really screwed my raid team. We were 6/8 when it dropped and we lost several raiders and couldn't put a regular team together and took a break for a month while we replenished our numbers.

Good timing too, since I cancelled my sub before the raid to protest the Blitzchung thing. Can't justify financially supporting anymore a company that does shit like that.

Yeah.. BFA as a whole killed our raid team. These days we just do LFR and Normal tbh, plus I don't have the time necessary to raid since I'd rather play some other games that come out.

Fuck this hurts.

Say a Caverns of Time kinda based expac would be pretty slick

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
It was a little surprising how easily Azshara came after we'd struggled on Za'qul; it does feel rather that as long as you can be smooth up to the start of the final phase with the console going haywire - and don't get yourselves caught out by the first massive black void zone, as happened to us the first time we got there! - it's pretty easy.

It doesn't do any harm that it looks like there's still no need for tank swaps in that phase - wasn't surprised in Normal, but was expecting them in Heroic - which means I can just completely disengage and focus on draining the console when required.

I think the turning point for us was getting the first two mobs/phase 1 down more quickly and not allowing a hulk to spawn or, if it did, putting it down just as quickly. Going into the next phase with full runes was a godsend. Me and my husband tank the fight so once we have to start kiting her around to the runes it because easier when we kinda had a "set" path in mind until the first Reversal of Fortune. After that it's a lot of RNG and split second decision making but I know we can do it now. That's helpful. We didn't expect to get to 5% on that last pull and a misplaced portal kinda killed it for us but now we know and she's gonna get it on Sunday. Last night was a really fun night - I'm glad we extended the raid lock from last week so we could have two nights just to learn her encounter a bit more.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I think the turning point for us was getting the first two mobs/phase 1 down more quickly and not allowing a hulk to spawn or, if it did, putting it down just as quickly.

We were nothing like that fast in P1; we'd had one spawn, and would usually get a second at the moment the transition happened - which helped because the timing meant it was easy to completely swap attention to it without anything else to worry about (there's a good few moments before the transition mechanics kick in)

Going into the next phase with full runes was a godsend. Me and my husband tank the fight so once we have to start kiting her around to the runes it because easier when we kinda had a "set" path in mind until the first Reversal of Fortune. After that it's a lot of RNG and split second decision making but I know we can do it now. That's helpful. We didn't expect to get to 5% on that last pull and a misplaced portal kinda killed it for us but now we know and she's gonna get it on Sunday. Last night was a really fun night - I'm glad we extended the raid lock from last week so we could have two nights just to learn her encounter a bit more.

Ah, you're going with kiting her? We did that in Normal, but from discussion with a few other people who'd done some pugging, when we changed to heroic we found that a simpler strategy worked for us, where we keep everything focussed around the central rune; that was a big advantage because it meant we were already well-positioned to deal with the suiciding minions when they attacked. Said strategy may depend on group size to keep the rune power level under control, though.

I wouldn't change anything if you're now at 5%, but I went from not liking the new strategy at first with really liking how it helped immensely with sensible positioning and swapping targets as required.

Status
Not open for further replies.