• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sain

Nov 13, 2017
I'm very excited about T&E hosting the Q&A. I'm not actively subbed (attending BlizzCon, though), but I appreciate how positive they are about the game and their very rational approach to discussing WoW/Blizzard news. If nothing else, they always make me want to play WoW, which inevitably brings me back between sub lapses. Hope to meet them both at some point during the convention.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
My biggest issue with them is what Ano mentioned earlier. During 8.0 and 8.1 (and I'm paraphrasing here) they were very dismissive of the playerbase's issues with BFA and how it was proceeding at the time. Essentially telling the players they were overreacting and it "wasn't that bad" and it came off super boot lick-y and I guess it worked considering their new hosting duties.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I hate Taliesin because he said Tinkers were 100% guaranteed.

That and because he is super obnoxious in a "smiley" way. And his wife is super obnoxious in a arrogant way.

Sain

Nov 13, 2017
My biggest issue with them is what Ano mentioned earlier. During 8.0 and 8.1 (and I'm paraphrasing here) they were very dismissive of the playerbase's issues with BFA and how it was proceeding at the time. Essentially telling the players they were overreacting and it "wasn't that bad" and it came off super boot lick-y and I guess it worked considering their new hosting duties.

I certainly think that is a fair criticism. His/their enthusiasm can certainly seem like blind loyalty to the brand when things are at their worst. I dropped off for a while as soon as my guild killed Heroic G'huun in October 2018 primarily because the game was in a pretty bad state and at that time. Eventually though I kept watching their videos and saw that things were improving and came back in time to help my guild finish up Heroic BoD and stayed subbed until a few weeks after we finished up Heroic EP since I wanted to play some other games. I dunno, I just like how genuinely excited they get about WoW. It makes me want to play and see the game through the same lens that they do. Certainly not for everyone though.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Hearthstone xpacs have more often than not had little bearing on what is going on in WoW, so I wouldn't read too much into that.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Where there is smoke there is fire, and I think we have enough things coming together that pretty much make it likely that is what the next xpac is going to be.

There's definitely a lot of stuff leading us towards some kind of overall "Death" theme for the next expansion, but I'm still not entirely buying it being Northrend 2.0.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
There's definitely a lot of stuff leading us towards some kind of overall "Death" theme for the next expansion, but I'm still not entirely buying it being Northrend 2.0.

I don't think it has to necessarily be something based in Northrend to still be considered a "Lich King" expansion. I think Bolvar will be a major plot point and figure in the story they have coming but it doesn't have to be in Northrend, in fact I hope it has nothing to do with Northrend I don't really need to go back there.

Something's happening
OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
19-wow-bolvar-fine-art-gallery.png

OH SHIT.

this is the link for it: https://gear.blizzard.com/media/cat...f69b20/1/9/19-wow-bolvar-fine-art-gallery.png

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
occam's razor wins at this point

sure, the whole thing could still be an elaborate hoax and it's absolutely not outside the realm of possibility that someone on the store team is having a lot of fun

but this is way too much smoke at this point. bring on my lich king 2

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
The World Beyond. Sounds like a good title for an Shadowlands expansion doesn't it?

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the quality of the higher rez pic pretty much rules out it coming from any source other than Blizzard. I guess Bolvar is officially on the menu for Friday.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
I knew the Cinematic had to be real. There is way too much effort put into that for it to be fake.

EDIT: Should a new thread be made for it? It's technically completely unrelated to the Shadowlands leak.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I knew the Cinematic had to be real. There is way too much effort put into that for it to be fake.

EDIT: Should a new thread be made for it? It's technically completely unrelated to the Shadowlands leak.
There's already a thread about the original incarnation of that leak (with the merch prices attached).

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Well, that's going to happen no matter what and there's going to be a lot of it this coming weekend (not unwarranted, mind you).

Ah. Nevermind then.

There's plenty of reason to be angry and people are justified in it. However, there's threads for that specifically already and I feel that clogging up the new threads/OTs whatever with drive by posting does nothing to help the situation and derails what the threads were originally made for.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
they'd be smart to like.... reference this in a new cutscene. Like a Sylvanas/Bolvar version of the Guldan/Illidan Legion prelaunch scene
They should walk out onstage and be like "We know you guys are upset, but we planned for this" then a big prop frozen throne with "In case of emergency" gets rolled out and they break it open for the trailer to play

They will, and then Sylvanas kills him.

#Lichqueen
"We said she wouldn't be Garrosh 2.0. We never said anything about Arthas 2.0"

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Go ahead and get it out of your system e.g. dogpile me but I still don't think they're taking Sylvanas down the villain road

there's gonna be some justification, words and deeds tweet, something that's like "AHA! WE TrIcKeD you!!!"

No lich queen. please don't ruin one of your more interesting characters.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
sylvanas is absolutely going the illidan route of being a redeemed villain that gets written out to keep another power in check

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
Someone changing "onyxia" to "bolvar" in a URL and hitting the jackpot is absolutely fucking hilarious

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I got the blizzard exclusive funko pops on the blink store because I have a funko problem

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Best thing about this is Milo changed his avatar. Sorry bud, that Sylvanas one really freaked me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.