• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Normally in the announcement they say Journey to 100 or whatever the cap is. So I wonder if even if you start at 120 when you go to Shadowlands you start at level 1.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Covenants seem to be where most of the alternate progression will be this time, since they've got class and covenant specific abilities tied in.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
I like the current talent trees but I'm assuming we're getting another artifact or something. Maybe each covenant gets one.

They want 1-50 to mean something so there's gotta be something there too.
Yeah sounds like the covenants will be the new time sinks.
Claim a Covenant's Power: Players will be called upon to forge a bond with one of four Covenants that rule Shadowlands' new zones, setting the tone for their journey through the expansion with a full Covenant Campaign. As they level up, they'll get new abilities based on their choice, including class-specific abilities for each Covenant—as well as developing Soulbinds with specific Covenant members, which grant them access to that character's specific traits and bonuses.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
While I've accepted that Sylvanas is what she is. What I don't understand is why work for someone else?

My theory is that they did the Lich Queen fakeout for a reason to make you think she was gonna DO IT but like.... her not being in charge of everything, if actually evil, doesn't make sense. Which I feel leads credibility to the idea that she's being controlled.

Who else could control the undead but the master of all death. And that's not her.

I know, I know. Just let me have my fun here. This is the most excited I've been about lore in a very long time.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
So if you are going to buy the Heroic edition, you may as well buy the Epic edition for $20 more you get 30 days of gameplay and a pet and some cosmetic stuff.

I already have 2 boosts I haven't used. This will be my third lol.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
lol i counted 12 of the new preorder mounts on my server (Outland EU) in boralus. Now I am the 13th! it looks great in-game.

but on my client it seems to be missing some part of the model in the back (blue and white box).

GdpBFh4.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
So here's a hot take theory: these new races we're seeing in the Overview Trailer? I'm almost willing to bet some of them will be allied races. And that they'll be like the Pandaren if faction lines still exist.

Go through each covenant (on different characters, presumably) and you unlock one for each of them.

Boom. Another timesink.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
New character customization!

"• Improved Character Customization Options: A host of new appearance options for all races will be made available to players when they create new World of Warcraft characters (or alter existing ones at the in-game barber shop)."

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I was one of the few who liked the scene where she burned Teldrassil, cause i was excited to see where she goes, but now she seems to be just another puppet, and quite boring.

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA
So the Features Trailer makes it seem just... fine? Maybe I was just hoping for too much, but I was kinda left going "That's.... it?"

Idk, I'll hold off until the What's Next panel and we get some more info, but even the zones seemed mostly bland to me, aside from Bastion.

We'll see! Hoping for the best!

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I think the What's Next panel will reveal a lot. They had to have a reason to have people stick around after the cinematics.

I expect a few surprises that maybe the whole audience wouldn't necessarily care about but the WoW players there would.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
So uhh i guess there will be scourge attacks all over azeroth if no one controls them anymore?

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
So the Features Trailer makes it seem just... fine? Maybe I was just hoping for too much, but I was kinda left going "That's.... it?"

Idk, I'll hold off until the What's Next panel and we get some more info, but even the zones seemed mostly bland to me, aside from Bastion.

We'll see! Hoping for the best!

I thought the zones looked great, but nothing else in the initial reveal excited me. I was overall pretty let down. Hopefully details from the panel today will raise my confidence in this a bit.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
My wife was hella underwhelmed. She was like "It looks pretty but... it looks like every other place in WoW".

I feel the same, honestly. It looks great, the art department ALWAYS knocks it out of the park, but I really need to see some serious changes to reverse the absolute fuckery that is BFA.

Also, I am looking forward to doing the 15th anniversary raid. I hope I can get it done by wednesday. I don't want to wait till last minute.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah definitely underwhelmed too. I can't imagine they'd leave new classes or anything major out of the features trailer. Idk, I might be out. Pretty bored with the game as-is.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
Man, I have several 110 boosts available to use, and several characters I havent touched in years...

Whats the overall experience of players who start a brand new character with a boost? With news of the level squish, im not sure I want to do a fresh leveling run at this point, not to mention I'm already familiar with the game and several classes, so its not like im coming in with no experience either.

Status
Not open for further replies.