• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Blizzard said:
In Visions of N'Zoth, we're making changes to the acquisition of Essences related to the Rise of Azshara zones. Our goal here is to lessen the effort needed to acquire Essences from Nazjatar and Mechagon for new and returning players as we want players to feel able to focus on content updated in Visions of N'Zoth.
  • Reputation requirements for Nazjatar and Mechagon vendor-sold Essences have been reduced from Honored/Revered/Exalted for ranks 1/2/3 to Friendly/Honored/Revered.
    • Acquisition of Rank 4 of these Essences is unchanged.
  • The follower experience requirements for Ranks 2 and 3 of Memory of Lucid Dreams have been reduced from 3000/6000 to 2400/4800.
  • Players who are Revered with their respective Nazjatar reputation may now exchange Manapearls for Bind-to-Account reputation tokens.
We expect the addition of account-bound rep tokens for Nazjatar to complement the existing account-bound reputation token that is craftable in Mechagon, providing an option for players who have already unlocked the Rank 3 Essence on their main to speed up their progression towards it on their alts.

The changes above should become testable in a new update to the Visions of N'Zoth PTR in the next couple of weeks.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
I remember doing it while it was current. I still played a Fire Mage and I would handle the stuff that would know you up and just slow fall myself to safety.

Then the split like fire elementals. Good lord that was tough back in the day, lol.

You were a fire mage in vanilla WoW molten core? Why? You couldn't actually deal damage to Ragnaros or the adds with your spec abilities?

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
I like the new raids because I got this.

RQkTIkv.png

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017

Encouraging, and frustrating.
Encouraging that they're truly getting it and that it's informing upcoming content as soon as Shadowlands.
Frustrating that they needed to realize this, but I also totally understand that they were likely beholden to corporate pressures to turn the game more into the direction it's been going in.

I will always maintain that it's continually impressive that a beast as big and complex as WoW is continues to be as good as it is, especially with how many cooks are probably in the kitchen on every facet of the game.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017

Encouraging that they're truly getting it and that it's informing upcoming content as soon as Shadowlands.
Frustrating that they needed to realize this, but I also totally understand that they were likely beholden to corporate pressures to turn the game more into the direction it's been going in.

I will always maintain that it's continually impressive that a beast as big and complex as WoW is continues to be as good as it is, especially with how many cooks are probably in the kitchen on every facet of the game.
This is exactly what I was hoping would come out of Classic's existence. Thank god.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond

Hopefully they continue to take the correct lessons from Classic while ignoring the drivel about Classic being "harder" or "an experience" or whatever. There's a lot to glean from the past but they should also focus on moving forward (for the better).

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they continue to take the correct lessons from Classic while ignoring the drivel about Classic being "harder" or "an experience" or whatever. There's a lot to glean from the past but they should also focus on moving forward (for the better).
100% agreed. It always bugs me that people focus on the things that modern WoW allegedly does wrong while never discussing all the amazing shit it's gotten right and the way it's evolved.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm here to eat crow, btw. I never thought Classic would command this much attention, and for this long. My WoW friends list on Battle.net continues to be a sea of WoW Classic players vs BFA.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
I'm here to eat crow, btw. I never thought Classic would command this much attention, and for this long. My WoW friends list on Battle.net continues to be a sea of WoW Classic players vs BFA.
Same tbh. Heh.

I'll... never play classic, but I'm glad people who like it have it, and that it's having a good effect. (Hopefully.)

Oct 25, 2017
I love how I am always getting upgrades and talents at every level in wow classic. When I was a little new rogue I used to spam sinister strikes and then eviscerate. And now I am level 50 and with all the talents and new abilities I have my rotation is now sinister strike spam and eviscerate. Such meaningfulness!

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
So I'm rewatching the Shadowlands cinematic for probably the twentieth time and

Sylvans is literally able to block Bolvar the Trash King's Trash-hammer with her bow.

Like can you imagine how fucked she would have been fighting Arthas? He would have cut through her and her bow like cutting a cake.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
The fact that they picked both Heigan and LK as fights for this is hilarious. It took us a couple tries just to remember the dance pattern and to remember to keep him the fuck away from the healers, and then Arthas slapped us around a few times in spite of that.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The fact that they picked both Heigan and LK as fights for this is hilarious. It took us a couple tries just to remember the dance pattern and to remember to keep him the fuck away from the healers, and then Arthas slapped us around a few times in spite of that.
Yeah, who said this is a free mount? I spent about 800 gold on repairs LOL. Despite wipes, I had fun doing this event. One odd thing I noticed in-game adventure guide was useless for first 6 encounters (Burning Crusade and WotLK boss fights), it didn't have any boss tactic recommendations like it normally has for newer content. It was a bit frustrating because most people forgotten tactics or haven't even played the game back then.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
Getting so frustrated. I either get a group that can't dance against Heigan or I get a group that just gets killed by defile constantly against the LK. JFC.
That happened to me yesterday. I need to complete the other two wings this week but got the Lich king one done. I'm assuming the Lich king is the hardest of them just because of defile and then his frost attack?

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
That happened to me yesterday. I need to complete the other two wings this week but got the Lich king one done. I'm assuming the Lich king is the hardest of them just because of defile and then his frost attack?
Rag can wipe you just as easily, but LK is the most annoying just because Heigann is a really involved 'phase' of the 'encounter'. Nothing else in the Cata set is as much of a threat, so you can at least get back to him easily enough.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
Rag can wipe you just as easily, but LK is the most annoying just because Heigann is a really involved 'phase' of the 'encounter'. Nothing else in the Cata set is as much of a threat, so you can at least get back to him easily enough.
I was surprised that if you wild on one boss you start at the beginning. That kind of sucks.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I love how I am always getting upgrades and talents at every level in wow classic. When I was a little new rogue I used to spam sinister strikes and then eviscerate. And now I am level 50 and with all the talents and new abilities I have my rotation is now sinister strike spam and eviscerate. Such meaningfulness!
this is great. I'm pumped that we'll probably be able to have this back when the level switch goes live.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I was surprised that if you wild on one boss you start at the beginning. That kind of sucks.
It kind of makes sense, since a whole wing ends up actually being a single 3 phase encounter with health resets between. I'm sorta glad it ended as it did if this was the compromise, just have you do some of the boss's more memorable mechanics rather than the whole fight.

Imagine actually doing Rag 2 or Arthas on LFR.

Gohlad

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017

I feel the exact same way! I'm soooo happy when I Ievel up and can put one talent point into a talent to get a 1% increase in critical strike chance for my destruction spells as a warlock. Nevermind that the destruction tree is mostly giving me talents for fire based spells and skills...too bad that it's still better to spam shadowbolt and put curse of elements every 5min on the boss lol.

No but to be honest, I don't want the classic talents back, blizz was right when they said that everyone will just use the talents that are recommended by guides and that's it. The retail one is much better in giving you real choices (even tough some talent rows still need work by blizz).
I think they'll do some rotational thing like you'll get new spell -> new dungeon ->new talent row -> new unlock (like flying) -> new spell etc.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah sorry!

So I kinda like the talents and getting something new every level.

But in classic my character plays the exact same regardless of that progression... lol

I actually look forward to 9.0 leveling.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
re: Anniversary raid - we had one druid from Illidan in our group who kept shit talking people and I was like ???? (and drunk) so I was being rude back but whatever. Naxx (Wrath) was my first raid and since they just drop you into the fight with literally an instant pull, no DBM, and no dungeon journal it was kinda like "oh shit - gotta learn this again."

Sorry for not instantly remembering a fight (and others) I haven't done in like 12 years. Get off my dick.

But we got the mount and I am happy. Now to start throwing myself at that PVP wall.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
So im pretty sure I'm finally caught up on all the WoW news from Blizzcon and I think this is the most excited i've been for WoW in a long time. The new leveling system in particular has me excited because I am a chronic Altaholic whenever I play.

Also while getting caught up on Taliesin and Evitel and I came across their video on Hong Kong and I have to say that it definitely put a new light on the situation for me. He raised some good points I hadn't considered before.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When I read the words "Heigan dance" it does ring a bell somewhere in the subterranean caverns of my mind, but my god do I NOT remember anything about that fight

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Naxxramas was legit the first time I ever set foot in a raid and I was terrified/bad/etc so having to actually remember how to do those fights in any real way while not murdering everything in one hit was the most challenged I've been since Heroic Kil'jaeden, lol.

"Good luck and don't fuck it up" was the order of the evening.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Naxxramas was legit the first time I ever set foot in a raid and I was terrified/bad/etc so having to actually remember how to do those fights in any real way while not murdering everything in one hit was the most challenged I've been since Heroic Kil'jaeden, lol.

"Good luck and don't fuck it up" was the order of the evening.
Come to think of it, I think Naxx was my first ever raid too. huh.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Come to think of it, I think Naxx was my first ever raid too. huh.

My husband, then boyfriend, and I have played WoW since Vanilla but we played it as a two player game just adventuring and stuff, guildless, until Wrath when a couple of IRL friends convinced us to drop Alliance and roll Horde, join their guild, and start raiding.

I'm no expert player by any means but the Milo of 2007 would be super crazy impressed with the Milo of 2019.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Thankfully I'm not an asshole so I was pretty pleasant to everybody, my problem was I told the raid to follow me for the dance and everyone just went to the platform anyway, every single time. It was mad annoying.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
the best part is I get to do this again "soon" because Husbando was sick with a migraine last night and didn't get to participate.

Is the loot on like a daily or weekly reset? Could I potentially farm a good set of gear for a character or is it one and done?

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
the best part is I get to do this again "soon" because Husbando was sick with a migraine last night and didn't get to participate.

Is the loot on like a daily or weekly reset? Could I potentially farm a good set of gear for a character or is it one and done?

Not sure I didn't get a single piece of loot from any of the wings outside of the pity AP item and timewalking badges. lol.

Oct 25, 2017
I got 420 helm on the rogue out of the three. No azerite traits so just a decent looking transmog. I did not get anything on the 1 run I did on mage, but any 420 piece is a substantial ilvl upgrade there for me.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017

Heard it was on a raid weekly. Can't confirm until next week.

Got the AV mounts. That was a slog with the rams, but I did go from 112-120 doing absolutely nothing but sitting in AV which is nice.

That's my final class to 120. Tempted to start another alt, but don't have a desire to start doubling and tripling up on classes, especially sitting on 3 unused boosts.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Heard it was on a raid weekly. Can't confirm until next week.

Got the AV mounts. That was a slog with the rams, but I did go from 112-120 doing absolutely nothing but sitting in AV which is nice.

That's my final class to 120. Tempted to start another alt, but don't have a desire to start doubling and tripling up on classes, especially sitting on 3 unused boosts.

what level do you need to be to enter AV?

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
what level do you need to be to enter AV?

I've read you can enter at 10, but haven't tested it. Everyone gets set to 60 so it doesn't matter what level you are. However the level gain from 110-120 is insane, but people have said it is much much lower at lower levels. Again, I haven't tested it. Most people aren't even playing right now, it's mostly farming badges for the mount.

I probably played about 10+ AVs and only actually finished one. But got a ton of xp even losing it. If you are token farming for the mount as Horde, you may be able to double up the 10 token awards, by doing them on Horde and then switching to Merc mode and doing them again as alliance. Alliance queues are only 2min so it was really fast to jump in and out of AVs (after 15min timer expires).

Status
Not open for further replies.