• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Never heard or saw anything like this. Sheesh. Get your act together Blizz.

Congressman Shames Blizzard for Letting Nazis Run Wild in 'World of Warcraft'

Rep. Lou Correa of Anaheim shamed the company on Twitter after a member of his staff who plays the legendary MMORPG noticed other players hosting a racist Halloween costume contest inside of the game.

The player, who runs a racist, anti-semitic guild called "Enclave" had his avatar dressed up in white robes and a white hood—an obvious allusion to the garb of the Klu Klux Klan—with two avatars appearing as slaves beside him (one named "Jesse Jackson," referring to the civil rights leader.) The player commented "next stop Charlottesville" in a screenshot taken by a staffer and posted by Correa, referring to the 2017 white nationalist rally in Charlottesville where a white nationalist terrorist killed an anti-racist protester with his car during the protest.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Ok folks I'll try to read the thread(s) but I'm in need of help.

I stopped maybe 2/3 thru Legion b/c of health issues and I'm just now getting some ability where it needs to be. I play mostly a Ret Paladin (Holy as well) with a side of Warlock on Area 52 Horde.

As much as I'm tempted to dive into Classic, I want to see content and catch up on the main game. Do I pick up Legion and go? Do I get straight to BFA? I'd love to do the Anniversary stuff.

Lastly, I used a mod called clcInfo extensively and had a shit ton of stuff scripted. I'm by no means a training wheels player (had some top 50 DPS parses in raids not all that long ago) but I'm so rusty and need to remember where I'm at. I see that my favorite everything tracking mod isn't being maintained so would appreciate any suggestions.

I have taken breaks due to work and such in the past but had always (since vanilla) come back to finish out each expansion before the next one rolled out. Now I'm sitting here with Legion content available.. and BFA.. ugh.

Thanks!

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
Heard it was on a raid weekly. Can't confirm until next week.

Got the AV mounts. That was a slog with the rams, but I did go from 112-120 doing absolutely nothing but sitting in AV which is nice.

That's my final class to 120. Tempted to start another alt, but don't have a desire to start doubling and tripling up on classes, especially sitting on 3 unused boosts.
Do you get time warped badges for leveling or is it only at 120? Trying to figure out how much time those mounts are going to take.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Do you get time warped badges for leveling or is it only at 120? Trying to figure out how much time those mounts are going to take.

You get them at any level doing the one time and repeatable quests.

As much as I'm tempted to dive into Classic, I want to see content and catch up on the main game. Do I pick up Legion and go? Do I get straight to BFA? I'd love to do the Anniversary stuff.

I would pick up BFA and see what you like. You can trial out new max characters as well. They have simplified things since you last played, so scripts aren't really necessary, especially if you are not mythic raiding. Things are made to pretty much fall over at this point. Just play to see if you like the direction of the game. You can also play for free up to level 20 to get a feel for the mechanics too.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
did 2 AVs, got one win and one loss (Im shocked I won one lol), went from 80 to 83 on my priest, not...amazing given how long they took (the win especially, the loss I joined halfway through)

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
so I resubbed for the deathwing mount.

did a few of the war campaign quests just for fun.
and I kind of wanted to play again. this is my most played game ever and I just immediately felt at home again.
but then I got incredibly frustrated because I really need flying now, but I won't grind 2 new factions to revered for that, fuck that.
the pathfinder system for flying just sucks completely. I understand flying can't be there at the beginning, but just unlock flying after a year into the expansion. I don't see the harm in that. I would have liked to do a few world quests with my new cool flying mount and maybe would have been hooked again, but not like that.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
so I resubbed for the deathwing mount.

did a few of the war campaign quests just for fun.
and I kind of wanted to play again. this is my most played game ever and I just immediately felt at home again.
but then I got incredibly frustrated because I really need flying now, but I won't grind 2 new factions to revered for that, fuck that.
the pathfinder system for flying just sucks completely. I understand flying can't be there at the beginning, but just unlock flying after a year into the expansion. I don't see the harm in that. I would have liked to do a few world quests with my new cool flying mount and maybe would have been hooked again, but not like that.

Well if it matters, this week is literally the best time ever to grind out some rep. Three different bonuses for world quests are active.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, who said this is a free mount? I spent about 800 gold on repairs LOL. Despite wipes, I had fun doing this event. One odd thing I noticed in-game adventure guide was useless for first 6 encounters (Burning Crusade and WotLK boss fights), it didn't have any boss tactic recommendations like it normally has for newer content. It was a bit frustrating because most people forgotten tactics or haven't even played the game back then.

I'm curious, because I bet there's more than a few: who was able to do the Heigan dance perfectly straight away? Other than a brief moment of panic of a "It *does* start on the very left, doesn't it? Oh god I'm not sure!" nature, I was genuinely chuffed to execute it perfectly having not done it since... probably mid-Wrath.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
I'm curious, because I bet there's more than a few: who was able to do the Heigan dance perfectly straight away? Other than a brief moment of panic of a "It *does* start on the very left, doesn't it? Oh god I'm not sure!" nature, I was genuinely chuffed to execute it perfectly having not done it since... probably mid-Wrath.

I was able to do it at the start when I got there, but I was also the raid leader for my guild in Naxx and I still have memories seared into my brain of trying to lead 39 other people on how to do it. /shudder

Core Zero

Oct 25, 2017

I was, but that fight is my most memorable raiding experience from my short time actively raiding in WOTLK. First time my guild downed him, I was the only DPS left alive along with one healer and one tank for about half the fight. It was slow but I nailed that shit down.

Of course the anniversary version is over so fast, the second time I did it the fight ended after like 2 eruptions so it doesn't really matter if you know it or not. I'm actually pretty disappointed in these fights overall, but I like the concept. They're just over too fast.

It's also weird to me that Heigan is the only non-final boss of the entire event. I certainly would have preferred other fights in other cases. Anub'Arak has been a complete snooze, if we must have nostalgia for ToC, why not the Twin Valkyr? Or Jaraxxus so people who first encountered him in Hearthstone can see the original?

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Well if it matters, this week is literally the best time ever to grind out some rep. Three different bonuses for world quests are active.

Yeah. Literally the most rep you could ever gain right now. If there is any thought of grinding out that rep, do it now. The Mech rep isn't even bad. You get like 800 rep with just one daily quest I think.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
You get them at any level doing the one time and repeatable quests.

I would pick up BFA and see what you like. You can trial out new max characters as well. They have simplified things since you last played, so scripts aren't really necessary, especially if you are not mythic raiding. Things are made to pretty much fall over at this point. Just play to see if you like the direction of the game. You can also play for free up to level 20 to get a feel for the mechanics too.

Thank you. I should have clarified.. I already own BFA and am subbed for 6 months. I was more worried about whether I should play from where I left off or skip forward.

I'm already working on the mods. I won't be satisfied to not play like I'm doing Mythic raids (even if I'm not), since I was used to high level play. I'll inevitably be tracking trinket cooldowns, uptime of buffs and all sorts of nonsense. At least for my main anyways.. I tried leveling without.. was fine but I felt like I had pieces missing.

I'll peek to see where ERA folks are playing. I have redundant 110 paladins and multiple warlocks so I could relocate a toon. I also have 2 free 110 boosts available that I never used, from previous xpacks. I do have a few friends still on Area 52 but most are playing Classis atm.

Last edited:

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what bosses did they pick for this anniversary thing?
Vashj,Kaelthas, and Archimonde for Outlands
Heighan, Anubarak and Lich King for Northrend
Chogall, Nefarian, Ragnaros for cataclysm

None of the fights are the full thing. Usually about 20-30% of a bosses health. Its more about tormenting LFR with old school things like the safety dance etc

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, the weirdest part is that you actually need to somewhat know what is happening in Northrend and Cata wings, while Outland wing is just faceroll. Archimonde is a bizarre choice since he was mostly a survival-based fight where death of one player could wipe your raid and they obviously couldn't do that in LFR. Vashj without tainted cores is not Vashj and again, this would be far worse for LFR than anything else. Kael was mostly an overtuned ad management for the most part and ignoring phoenixes here does nothing. At least you get flying phase which is somewhat cool, but overall I was disappointed with that wing.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
Anniversary raids are pretty straight forward, only boss my LFR group had issue with was the last one, Ragnaros. Even though we explained in chat what to do, it took 3 wipes (and thus redoing all 3 bosses in the cats raid each time) for it to finally click for half of them lol. Took me roughly an hour for all 3 wings, had fast queue times peak EU time (like 2 mins tops)

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Yeah, the Mechagon daily counts as a "world quest", so the weekly bonus applies. It's normally 850 rep, but doing it yesterday got me just shy of 1500 rep instead. Nuts!

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
I saw there were some hotfixes for AV today, got my hopes up that it was to speed up badge farming and encourage people to actually try and win the match, but alas.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Can you point out the rep bonuses? I only know of the 15th anniversary buff.
I know that there is a week-long world quest bonus event that raises rep gained from all world quests completed, but not sure what the third is
The Darkmoon Fair carousel gives 60 minute 10% xp/rep bonus.

Yup - 15% from anniversary (lasts through January) and this week specifically is world quest event (50% bonus, passively active) and you can hit up Darkmoon faire for another 10% buff that lasts 60 mins.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I'm gonna try to suffer through the TW raids tonight on a "few" (probably one, given how long they seemed to take) characters tonight and try to at least get some minor upgrades. I really want the timereaver mount, though!

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
What's our new Shadowlands acronym?:

TBC
WOTLK / Wrath
Cata
MOP
WOD
Legion
BFA
... SL? Seems a bit limp.

---

Also yo, the itch is back. Ima jump back in on some characters. Who's actively playing these days? Maybe some shenanigans? M+, etc? I have toons all over the place.

--

Fucking love crowd reactions. I must have watched BFA cinematic crowd reaction vids dozens of times.
One of the Shadowlands cinematic creators made this video, incorporating live reactions from the Mythic stage at Blizzcon. The sky shattering was a chilling moment. Loved it.

I also love the dude's obvious passion, and the fact that his dream a decade ago was to be part of bringing one of these to life, and got to do just that:

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Sha maybe? The same way that Cataclysm is Cata or people will just go with Shadowlands the same way they went with Legion.
It's gotta be something short they can type fast. Wrath, Cata, Legion all kinda worked. I don't think people are gonna type Shadowlands out every time, lol

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond

TBC
WOTLK / Wrath
Cata
MOP
WOD
Legion
BFA

---

Also yo, the itch is back. Ima jump back in on some characters. Who's actively playing these days? Maybe some shenanigans? M+, etc? I have toons all over the place.

--

Fucking love crowd reactions. I must have watched BFA cinematic crowd reaction vids dozens of times.
One of the Shadowlands cinematic creators made this video, incorporating live reactions from the Mythic stage at Blizzcon. The sky shattering was a chilling moment. Loved it.

I also love the dude's obvious passion, and the fact that his dream a decade ago was to be part of bringing one of these to life, and got to do just that:

Wowpedia has been using "Shadow" or "SL" so I'd say Shadow personally like "Wrath"

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
i think even tho its a longer word, people will settle on shadowlands, much like legion wasnt abreviated

or slands, like borderlands is blands :p

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco

TBC
WOTLK / Wrath
Cata
MOP
WOD
Legion
BFA

---

--

WotLK2

SL feels limp just because we're so used to three letter acronyms for our expacs but it's probably going to end up the default.

LegendofTrey

Oct 27, 2017
so I just realized Mythic WoD raids can be solo'd relatively easy now.

gotta add 3 more to the transmog/mount farm list.

I don't post here often but I always read this thread. I've resubbed and decided to focus on my shaman doing enhancement. From what I gathered shaman isn't in the best place right now but Primal Primer builds are still decent?

mainly focusing on shaman for current content, while also farming transmog sets!

Thoughts

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
i personally hate primal primer for how it changes the rotation, but as far as i'm aware it still does decently

enhancement is probably more fun to play than ele still, but i can't really stomach either anymore

LegendofTrey

Oct 27, 2017
I've always wanted to main a warlock, my vanilla toon was a mage, and I just don't find the class fun anymore.

I made a shaman in BC (because Draenei and shaman on alliance!) and I've had the same toon, with many server and race changes, since.

currently a Dark Iron Dwarf shaman.

love the class and the visuals.

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
Did Blizzard ever confirm that allied races will be receiving Death Knight skin options when they go live next patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.