• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I'm back in the game. I'm in Europe now, so I decided to start a super fresh account on the Euro servers. My old account was Vanilla.

It's....definitely different without a full heirloom set to start with :)

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Bellular said the video at 06:08 that they won't get the skins.
Weird, the one skin unique to DKs and the new races won't be getting it. Huh. I was also bummed to hear no further DK customization options are coming. I'd love to be able to have icy skin with little icicles hanging off our faces, or dark veins visible throughout out bodies.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Played some Vanilla last night and went to see this guy.

It's amazing how he went from some dude in the Plaguelands to his own character.

796936.jpg

Bregor

Oct 27, 2017
After having thought about it, I can see scenarios where Sylvanas turns out to be a good guy. We shall have to wait and see, I guess.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Finished the Shadowmourne Legendary questline solo. Now just need to farm the shards. Blood infusion requires some finessing, but it's very easy if you have a decent PC and 2-3 alts over 100 to bounce between for bites.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
xp in AV after 110 is pretty nerfed. Went from 17k at 109 and below per objetive to 13k

edit: wait maybe not, now I got 20k and then 61k (!) for something.

Last edited:

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got my mount. TBC was totally painless, Cataclysm had one wipe on Ragnaros, but WotLK took like 7 wipes or something. Not TOO bad overall I guess.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Is there any way to disable the tool tips that tells you that you got a unused slot on your Heart of Azeroth, it's kinda annoying seeing as I cant currenly fill it with anything.

Accidentally opened it up

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way to disable the tool tips that tells you that you got a unused slot on your Heart of Azeroth, it's kinda annoying seeing as I cant currenly fill it with anything.

Accidentally opened it up

There are at least a few rank 1 essences that you can get fairly immediately. That's one way of solving the problem

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
the amount of gold I waste on 310% flying for welfare rqace changes (aka lvling a new race of the same class I already have because race changes are tyoo expensive lol) is ridiculous, no wonder Im always broke gold wise.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
FINALLY got BFA Flying hitting revered with Mechagon and Nazjatar in the same day.

What a relief. Don't know if I have it in me to hit exalted on those two, but at least flying will make things easier.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
The WoW anniversary is just like, a core game mechanic just sitting there and probably won't be used.

Timewalking is such a huuuuuuuge opportunity that they just choose not to leverage to its fullest.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Yeah I think Timewalking should be on all the time if for nothing else than to give you "different" dungeons to run or something but I don't think they know a way to implement the system properly aside from like... disabling the reward vendors or something

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I think they're aware of the value of timewalking, they're just also aware of the value of commodifying our nostalgia. As long as it's limited to weekly events, we can be nostalgic for the older content and look forward to continuing to play until it comes up again. If it were constantly up and we consider it generally superior to the content that's currently max level, suddenly it looks less like a good deal to be playing BFA.

Maybe I'm just being overly pessimistic.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
It's just that it would be so cool if they re-introduced raid weeklies but its in the form of the 3 boss gauntlet that is currently on live right now for the anniversary. Defeat all 3 bosses and you get X rewards. Every week there are different bosses.

This sounds so cool to me and I want to see it happen.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
It's just that it would be so cool if they re-introduced raid weeklies but its in the form of the 3 boss gauntlet that is currently on live right now for the anniversary. Defeat all 3 bosses and you get X rewards. Every week there are different bosses.

This sounds so cool to me and I want to see it happen.
I remember when we had the PVP bosses, they were kinda like that. But a rotating dungeon of just three random time-walking bosses would be sure cool.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Wow, never noticed this before but when you click on a NPC your characters head turn to look and looks up if the NPC is huge.

Cute detail.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
FINALLY got BFA Flying hitting revered with Mechagon and Nazjatar in the same day.

What a relief. Don't know if I have it in me to hit exalted on those two, but at least flying will make things easier.

Flying makes the Mechagon daily a piece of piss (collect 6 chests, kill 3 rares etc), so always worth doing that. Especially right now with the 15% rep buff and the world quest 50% buff. What would normally give 850 a day is currently giving nearly 1500 a day.

As for Nazjatar, past Revered I've only been doing the emissary when it's up, and that seems to be going quick enough that I'll hit Exalted long before 8.3 hits.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
The 15% bonus rep is a godsend for those who still need it but I'm super glad I've been done with it for a while now.

I mean, I still need Spare Crates but I can't be fucked to do it because that's an insufferable grind for whatever reason. It's so boring.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I really don't feel like lvling my alts below lvl 110 with the lvl cap being lowered for Shadowlands. Am I the only one? Feels like I'll be saving a lot of time by just waiting.

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't feel like lvling my alts below lvl 110 with the lvl cap being lowered for Shadowlands. Am I the only one? Feels like I'll be saving a lot of time by just waiting.

I am only waiting cause of the choice of where you want to level being more open in shadowlands. The faster leveling is a minor bonus, I do not think leveling takes long right no anyway.

Necrokey

Jan 20, 2019
Orlando, Florida
I just dont wanna do Legion and BFA again, i would level each expansion for fun other than those and get a few more 120's but im gonna wait for 9.0 to drop. I also just wanna level through WoD over and over again. Im a sucker for those zones.

Hogger

Nov 18, 2017
I'm curious to see how the xp will work. Like if we level via BFA will we need to do Nazjatar? Same with Legion and the class halls?

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious to see how the xp will work. Like if we level via BFA will we need to do Nazjatar? Same with Legion and the class halls?

Stuff like nazjatar is post-leveling/endgame content, so extremely unlikely it would be an expected part of the 10-50 leveling path. I doubt class halls would be required to hit 50 if leveling in Legion either.

Hogger

Nov 18, 2017
Stuff like nazjatar is post-leveling/endgame content, so extremely unlikely it would be an expected part of the 10-50 leveling path. I doubt class halls would be required to hit 50 if leveling in Legion either.

But with Legion I don't remember having weapons as a quest reward due to the artifact weapons. Since upgrading those is taken out of the game I wonder how that'll work.

And the class halls are the coolest quests in the game. I hope they can reimplement them in the core leveling experience.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
But with Legion I don't remember having weapons as a quest reward due to the artifact weapons. Since upgrading those is taken out of the game I wonder how that'll work.

And the class halls are the coolest quests in the game. I hope they can reimplement them in the core leveling experience.

you still get the artifact, and you still get the...err...things that go in the artifact to raise it's ilvl now. So it will be the same.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Ah right. So just no talent trees for the weapon.

indeed.

speaking of leveling, this AV leveling bullshit is so good (about to get 120 on my second char from it), Im afraid to do too many characters in case they take offense like with the xp pots a few months ago lol.

Last edited:

Kintaro

Oct 27, 2017

Just finished mine up today, hit revered on both factions today as well. This was a great week too get it done. I was Friendly with Mechagon at the beginning of the week. So this thing flew (pun intended) by. It was great to have the Nazjatar emissary today too. Feels so nice being able to fly. I'm sure Mechagon and Nazjatar are a lot nicer now that I can fly but I'm don't really want to do them much. Maybe I'll just do the daily a d farm some mounts.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Just finished mine up today, hit revered on both factions today as well. This was a great week too get it done. I was Friendly with Mechagon at the beginning of the week. So this thing flew (pun intended) by. It was great to have the Nazjatar emissary today too. Feels so nice being able to fly. I'm sure Mechagon and Nazjatar are a lot nicer now that I can fly but I'm don't really want to do them much. Maybe I'll just do the daily a d farm some mounts.

Can't decide if I want to grind rep on my Alliance 120 for Kul and Dark Iron or start leveling with AV.

Kintaro

Oct 27, 2017
Can't decide if I want to grind rep on my Alliance 120 for Kul and Dark Iron or start leveling with AV.
Reminds me I need to finish Vulpera rep, I have all the other Allied races that I want. AV leveling from 110 and on is nice, haven't really tried lower level ones. Don't know if I want to do them with the level squish. Gotta look into the Bee mount requirements.

Xalbur

Mar 30, 2019
500 rep from exalted on Rustbolt and finally found a group willing to do the mechagon dungeon in a more laid back normal run, I really don't see any reason to go back to Nazjatar after hitting revered there, probably my least favorite zone this exp.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
So I'm currently Revered with The Honorbound, 5600 / 20000 something.

Is World Quests the only thing to get rep with these guys? It takes so long.

Miss the days were you could just wear a tabard and do some dungeons.

Really want my Magar Orc.

Status
Not open for further replies.