• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Plugging my way through the Alliance War Campaign trying to get my Dork Irons unlocked. This campaign is fine. I can barely remember the horde one.

Legion campaigns were better. They had less player missions but they were waaaay more memorable.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Plugging my way through the Alliance War Campaign trying to get my Dork Irons unlocked. This campaign is fine. I can barely remember the horde one.

Legion campaigns were better. They had less player missions but they were waaaay more memorable.

I hate the disconnect between the Horde and Alliance campaigns.

Horde attacks a defenseless village AND enlists the Sanlayn but you'd never know unless you level an alliance character. Cool. Love it. Excellent storytelling.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I hate the disconnect between the Horde and Alliance campaigns.

Horde attacks a defenseless village AND enlists the Sanlayn but you'd never know unless you level an alliance character. Cool. Love it. Excellent storytelling.

Yeah I'm playing this like what the fuck? When did the Sanlayn join the war? Just one more bullshit thing they threw in to make the Horde/Sylvanas the bad guys.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Yeah I'm playing this like what the fuck? When did the Sanlayn join the war?

for a while people speculated Sanlayn would be an allied race or that maybe the war campaign was like.... "False memories" or something by N'zoth to explain how the war was being perpetuated to free him.

Nah though. Sylvanas has been evil since Wrath and we're all too dumb and blind to have seen it. Obviously.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
hey the horde doesn't attack a defenseless village

they attack two separate defenseless townships, while the leadership of the region is in disarray due to sylvanas and azshara's machinations

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if this was intentional but it made me CHUCKLE.

for a while people speculated Sanlayn would be an allied race or that maybe the war campaign was like.... "False memories" or something by N'zoth to explain how the war was being perpetuated to free him.

Nah though. Sylvanas has been evil since Wrath and we're all too dumb and blind to have seen it. Obviously.
Part of me hopes that she's not actually, "evil" in the traditional sense. But, that idea also kinda retreats Illidan's bullshit, so I dunno. I really like Sylvanas. I don't want her to go out as a big bad. I don't necessarily want redemption, either... I dunno. I'm so conflicted about her haha.

I will say that even despite the fact that it's borderline or even full on retcon, I kinda dig the "justification" (for lack of a better word, for now!) for her actions. It definitely gives meaning to a lot of her bullshit where there wasn't any before.

CONFLICTED!!!!!!!!!

I was REALLY hoping Sanlayn would become a bigger part of the Horde, but IIRC they all basically got killed off during the war campaign. In fact, the Horde side never even saw them? It's been a hot minute, though, heh.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Part of me hopes that she's not actually, "evil" in the traditional sense. But, that idea also kinda retreats Illidan's bullshit, so I dunno. I really like Sylvanas. I don't want her to go out as a big bad. I don't necessarily want redemption, either... I dunno. I'm so conflicted about her haha.

I will say that even despite the fact that it's borderline or even full on retcon, I kinda dig the "justification" (for lack of a better word, for now!) for her actions. It definitely gives meaning to a lot of her bullshit where there wasn't any before

I feel pretty confident saying I'm the biggest Sylvanas fan in this thread and possibly on this board so I don't want her to be evil either but that's caused lots of side eye and arguments so I've just given up. Just kill her and be done with it so I can have a moment of peace before they ruin another character I love.

Sad.

cubotauro

Aug 28, 2019
I feel pretty confident saying I'm the biggest Sylvanas fan in this thread and possibly on this board so I don't want her to be evil either but that's caused lots of side eye and arguments so I've just given up. Just kill her and be done with it so I can have a moment of peace before they ruin another character I love.

Sad.
Could you imagine if she makes it to the next expansion after Shadowlands?

I'm just very morbidly curious of what will happen to her character, I'm almost completely sure that she isn't going to simply get killed at this rate.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017

Sad.

I don't play Horde, but Sylvanas was one of the coolest characters in WoW and in gaming in general. They really did her bad in BFA. Just don't know what they were thinking.

But they still put out something incredible like this.

jusz6eeti0wz.jpg

Twig

Oct 25, 2017

Sad.
):

I feel you.

I think whoever Sylvanas works for, she intends to overthrow.
Same. I feel like her whole "I want to set the world free" goes explicitly against what the Jailer wants, since he's keeping all sorts captive in the tower? (I might have that wrong. There's been a lot of info coming out not just about Shadowlands but also 8.3. I'm barely keeping up.)

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
):

I feel you.

Same. I feel like her whole "I want to set the world free" goes explicitly against what the Jailer wants, since he's keeping all sorts captive in the tower? (I might have that wrong. There's been a lot of info coming out not just about Shadowlands but also 8.3. I'm barely keeping up.)

you realise by "setting the world free" she meant kill every single living being on Azeroth, since for her "living is a prison" thus by dying you are "free". It's basically Emo 101.

Bregor

Oct 27, 2017
They could go either way with her at this point. It's probably pointless to speculate, since Blizard plots don't always follow logic.

Almeister

Oct 25, 2017
Is there still a way to do the Xalatath quest line in game? I see on Wowhead it starts from a world quest 'Naga Attack!' but I can't see it anywhere on the map.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Yeah, the War Campaigns don't match up if you do both sides. I did the Horde one ages ago, but just did the Alliance one and got totally confused when the Sanlayn were involved.

This is like that Ashenvale event all over again. If you remember, the stories there didn't match up either.

RickPresk

May 15, 2018
Did anyone else have trouble getting in dungeons last night (UK time), I'm a lowly level 90 but absolutely nothing was happening?

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
you realise by "setting the world free" she meant kill every single living being on Azeroth, since for her "living is a prison" thus by dying you are "free". It's basically Emo 101.
...yes? But that doesn't also mean then IMPRISONING them in a death tower.

It ain't rocket science.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Are they still bumping up the AP% each reset and if not, will they do it for 8.3?

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I think the obvious Sylvanas plot choice is that she wants to defeat Death itself - thus ending it and setting the world free. But of course they're gonna make her the evil villain etc to do it as a "huge misdirect."

Not that I know anything as a Blizzard employee and all but obviously destroying death would be bad for the natural order of the universe so I have a feeling whatever she ends up doing will basically restore her and a bunch of other Warcraft characters to life, she'll be exiled for an expansion or too ala Illidan and we'll forget this all happened (as characters) in four years or so.

I do legit think we swung from Mists 2.0 to Garrosh 2.0 and now to Illidan 3.0.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
I think the obvious Sylvanas plot choice is that she wants to defeat Death itself - thus ending it and setting the world free. But of course they're gonna make her the evil villain etc to do it as a "huge misdirect."

Not that I know anything as a Blizzard employee and all but obviously destroying death would be bad for the natural order of the universe so I have a feeling whatever she ends up doing will basically restore her and a bunch of other Warcraft characters to life, she'll be exiled for an expansion or too ala Illidan and we'll forget this all happened (as characters) in four years or so.

I do legit think we swung from Mists 2.0 to Garrosh 2.0 and now to Illidan 3.0.
Why stop there? Let's also make her Thrall! In four years we'll go out to secluded farm somewhere in Northrend and beg her to come back because the world needs her.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
Are they still bumping up the AP% each reset and if not, will they do it for 8.3?

Nope, they stopped a while back (early October I think?).

Not sure if they will for 8.3 or not, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did it for the first few months at least to slowly roll out the new slots.

Oct 25, 2017
I think they do the AP thing when they raise the level again, and then it stops after a certain amount. Right now it is super easy to level up heart to even 65 with only the last couple levels taking any time.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco

Sad.

I dunno man I'm a pretty big fan of Sylvanas. BfA has been pretty heartbreaking seeing what they've done to her character.

But then she pulled off the Lich King's helm and ripped it in half so that was fucking awesome.

I think she really is trying to save the Forsaken from the Maw (and herself). If she overthrows the Jailer she can free everyone.

But it's Blizzard so she'll probably end up just trying to kill everyone or some bullshit.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno man I'm a pretty big fan of Sylvanas. BfA has been pretty heartbreaking seeing what they've done to her character.

But then she pulled off the Lich King's helm and ripped it in half so that was fucking awesome.

I think she really is trying to save the Forsaken from the Maw (and herself). If she overthrows the Jailer she can free everyone.

But it's Blizzard so she'll probably end up just trying to kill everyone or some bullshit.

I think they have a pretty tall order if they want to ultimately make her actions "for the greater good" given her clear, consistent, pure disdain for almost every single living being on Azeroth. It makes any sort of ultimately altruistic motivation really unbelievable.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I'm not a Sylvanas fan, but I enjoy her character.

Still, knowingly sending the civilians of Darkshore and Teldrassil straight to the Maw. Knowing they were going there. Yeah...she needs to get got.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I'm not a Sylvanas fan, but I enjoy her character.

Still, knowingly sending the civilian of Darkshore and Teldrassil straight to the Maw. Knowing they were going there. Yeah...she needs to get got.

Here's the thing though, if she overthrows the Jailer and destroys the Maw, do those Night Elves... come back? Like can we bust people out of hell and bring them back to Azeroth?

I think they have a pretty tall order if they want to ultimately make her actions "for the greater good" given her clear, consistent, pure disdain for almost every single living being on Azeroth. It makes any sort of ultimately altruistic motivation really unbelievable.

I don't think she's fully redeemable but I think she could still get an honorable exit. At the MINIMUM I hope she gets a better end than Garrosh.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Here's the thing though, if she overthrows the Jailer and destroys the Maw, do those Night Elves... come back? Like can we bust people out of hell and bring them back to Azeroth?
we just introduced a bunch of new races that people would probably love to play

so you can probably bet on this happening

Core Zero

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping you all can help me with something.

I've been leveling some of my old characters via old-school AV and while that's going along nicely and all, I realized I don't get any gear upgrades this way, and these characters are rocking Wrath-to-Pandaria level raid gear. I've been using boosts to play the last few expansions so I don't have upgraded heirlooms. Is there any cheaper/better way of upgrading my gear as I go than paying like 5k gold each to upgrade heirlooms? Should I even care? I'm mostly worried for trying to do quests and survive while outside AV. I assume it doesn't much matter in AV with the level scaling.

Necrokey

Jan 20, 2019
Orlando, Florida
Hoping you all can help me with something.

I've been leveling some of my old characters via old-school AV and while that's going along nicely and all, I realized I don't get any gear upgrades this way, and these characters are rocking Wrath-to-Pandaria level raid gear. I've been using boosts to play the last few expansions so I don't have upgraded heirlooms. Is there any cheaper/better way of upgrading my gear as I go than paying like 5k gold each to upgrade heirlooms? Should I even care? I'm mostly worried for trying to do quests and survive while outside AV. I assume it doesn't much matter in AV with the level scaling.
You should be OK if you start an expansion and be careful, you will get gear from those early quests reletively quickly since i assume your a higher level than 85 since you said pandaria. WoD gives you gear right after you finish the intro scenario if i remember right aswell as a weapon. Correct me if im wrong

Almeister

Oct 25, 2017

Racketpunch

Oct 26, 2017
It really sucks that my guild left for another server. Now anytime I play one of my toons, the guild chat is just empty. I'd even look for one of those guilds that just invite you because you're guildless but then I'd have to ask them to invite 7 other characters.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got Pathfinder. Cancelled my sub lol. Will take a break until at least 8.3, or possibly 9.0. Or possibly forever! Who knows. I really hope the next expansion is more exciting than this one. I also want to get into a guild if I do come back, because not having one and having no one to do M+ runs with or anything has made it really boring. I basically didn't do any endgame group content.

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got Pathfinder. Cancelled my sub lol. Will take a break until at least 8.3, or possibly 9.0. Or possibly forever! Who knows. I really hope the next expansion is more exciting than this one. I also want to get into a guild if I do come back, because not having one and having no one to do M+ runs with or anything has made it really boring. I basically didn't do any endgame group content.

Yeah, even small guilds can run M+. It makes a huge difference imo. Or just building a network of people to run M+ is very rewarding (and they say there is no social aspect in retail wow).

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Not having flying in BFA makes WG a bit tougher to get to.

But I cant honestly be arsed to do all that crap just for flying.

Will proably be free when Shadowlands hits anyway.

Kintaro

Oct 27, 2017
I've been doing way too much AV lately, got 15 toons to 120, and thinking of doing my last 3 lvl 110s even though they are in abandoned servers for me. It's just too damn quick, I was getting about 2 levels every 15-20 mins.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
This timewalking raid boss thing is nice in theory but the queues are insane and having to start the whole thing over after someone who's never done the fight wipes everyone to defile was a poor choice. I feel like some more thought could have gone into this.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Not having flying in BFA makes WG a bit tougher to get to.

But I cant honestly be arsed to do all that crap just for flying.

Will proably be free when Shadowlands hits anyway.

Flying? No they never give that away. I still dont have WoD flying because I didn't do it at the time. The current pathfinder system is fine if you're actively playing because you kinda do it passively anyway, but as soon as the expansion ends oh boy...

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
I've been doing way too much AV lately, got 15 toons to 120, and thinking of doing my last 3 lvl 110s even though they are in abandoned servers for me. It's just too damn quick, I was getting about 2 levels every 15-20 mins.
I got 8 levels in three hours. That's WITH rested experience. Teach me your ways.

I'm kidding I know the problem. I'm level 71 now. It really bums me out that lower levels don't benefit as much. Oh well, it's still fast and easy, as long as no one goes for korrok.

Kintaro

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't tried lower levels, only tried level 10 and it was horrible. The secret is to win! Haha, a win gives you about 2 levels total (1 level from bunkers and the periodic do and about 1 level for a win). Although I did find it faster queueing as Alliance (Horde Mercenary) even though Alliance lost more often only because queue times were way low compared to horde. I have a few 70-90s, but I'll probably just wait for level squish on those.

Status
Not open for further replies.