• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Even at lvl 80-85 on my priest, AV wasn't as fast as questing.
I think AV is mostly good for lvl 110+, since questing is way slower there than prior lvls.

Oct 25, 2017
I did a 10+ on my rogue for the first time in a few months. Was pretty fun. I still find this seasonal affix boring. I hope 8.3 is much better, like season 2 but not annoying like season 1.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Flying? No they never give that away. I still dont have WoD flying because I didn't do it at the time. The current pathfinder system is fine if you're actively playing because you kinda do it passively anyway, but as soon as the expansion ends oh boy...

Well, maybe I used the wrong word, not free but pay for it with gold. which is basically free these days anyway :P

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
I tried with a low level 42 yesterday evening and we even won and I only got half a level. That was with full heirloom set plus anniversary buff. Seems only intended for 60 plus
Oh yeah I tried a fresh 20 kul tiran and didn't level up at all while my friends at 110+ gained five ( it probably wasn't FIVE but they gained a lot while I gained move is the point)..

It sucks!!!

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Finally finished leveling all my alts that I want to get to 120 in Korrak's Revenge. I'll wait to level anything else for when the new leveling system comes in SL. Time to play some backlog for a couple of months until the next patch!

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Working my way through the Alliance War Campaign and just reached the part where I'm supposed to....

Save Baine Bloodhoof?

Just imagine how interesting this story could have been if they had just gone all the way with it. Execute Baine and the Horde dissenters. Tyrande and Greymane seizing control over the Alliance and throwing Anduin into a cell. Have a REAL war.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
They changed the heart AP again removing the infinite trait, at least for progression.

n the Visions of N'Zoth PTR, we're removing what we called the "infinite" at Heart Level 85. It was intended to allowing for an open-ended increase to Corruption resistance.

We've heard a lot of feedback from players, and we agree, that there's value in being able to reach a point where you're essentially done with Artifact Power.
  • Increasing the Artifact Level of the Heart after unlocking its final Stamina node will continue to increase the Heart of Azeroth's item level by 2 per step, but otherwise, major progression will end at Artifact Level 80.
  • To complement this, we're adding an item in Visions of N'Zoth that players will earn once they've upgraded their legendary cloak to its maximum potential via Horrific Visions or from defeating N'Zoth on Normal, Heroic, or Mythic difficulty, or from fully completing a Horrific Vision with at least one Mask active. This item will fortify the cloak, adding additional Corruption Resistance and allowing players to earn the ability to wear more Corrupted armor pieces as time goes by.
We see this as similar to the way that legendary upgrade items were awarded by Archimonde or Argus the Unmaker at the end of the last two expansions – it should provide players who prefer to not do organized raiding with a way to have an engaging option for pursuing this reward.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
It doesn't take as long as one might think. Especially if you do it on an alt while leveling up!

my problem so far is that I've leveled three alts in there and since it's not account wide progress the most I've gotten on one character is 27%. I'll never finish if I keep focusing on alts - and I have a metric fuckton.

and by that I mean.... one character for every spec. Don't judge me. I already do that enough myself.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
my problem so far is that I've leveled three alts in there and since it's not account wide progress the most I've gotten on one character is 27%. I'll never finish if I keep focusing on alts - and I have a metric fuckton.

and by that I mean.... one character for every spec. Don't judge me. I already do that enough myself.
Geez...

I started leveling my shaman in there from 60 and I'm almost there at 78. So I guess by alts I meant, lower level. :P

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Geez...

I started leveling my shaman in there from 60 and I'm almost there at 78. So I guess by alts I meant, lower level. :P

My husband was leveling a bunch of lower level toons, or attempting to, but he was saying the amount of experience he was gaining was severely lowered for low level characters.

I've read multiple instances of it not being efficient for anything below 90. and then for sub 100. and then again for sub 110. So I don't know what to believe. I do know, however, that I got 4 levels off of one battle at 116 one one of my alts so it does eventually become useful but I just don't know what the trigger is for that awesome jump in XP.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
My husband was leveling a bunch of lower level toons, or attempting to, but he was saying the amount of experience he was gaining was severely lowered for low level characters.

I've read multiple instances of it not being efficient for anything below 90. and then for sub 100. and then again for sub 110. So I don't know what to believe. I do know, however, that I got 4 levels off of one battle at 116 one one of my alts so it does eventually become useful but I just don't know what the trigger is for that awesome jump in XP.
It's lower, but I'm leveling faster in AV than I do when I just quest or do dungeon finder (as a healer, no less). ESPECIALLY after I run out of rested XP (from a year of not playing, although I know it doesn't build up past a certain point (I think??). About 2.5 levels per AV.

Though it DOES depend on whether or not it ends up being a huge turtle. I'm lucky probably that that rarely happens. People know to zerg rush and ignore Snowfall (from Alliance side). It just becomes a base race.

We even win half the time!

I'm certainly no expert on leveling, though. (I'm actually not sure if AV is affected by rested XP or not...)

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
It's lower, but I'm leveling faster in AV than I do when I just quest or do dungeon finder (as a healer, no less). ESPECIALLY after I run out of rested XP (from a year of not playing, although I know it doesn't build up past a certain point (I think??). About 2.5 levels per AV.

Though it DOES depend on whether or not it ends up being a huge turtle. I'm lucky probably that that rarely happens. People know to zerg rush and ignore Snowfall (from Alliance side). It just becomes a base race.

We even win half the time!

I'm certainly no expert on leveling, though. (I'm actually not sure if AV is affected by rested XP or not...)

For lower levels I just plow through with AAP but I may give it a shot on some Alliance alts. :)

ALSO: if anyone still needs BFA or wants a discount on a boost - Gamestop is starting a sale on 11/28.

77276919_2534432803468877_220474136026152960_n.png

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
look.

I take my characters and virginity very seriously. I'm about to have a 5th shaman when Vulpera release and shaman isn't even my favorite class.

Hey man, you do you! I want two of every class at max level at a minimum. (With one being Alliance/Horde) but I usually get about halfway and then want to jump out of a window. Really hoping this new leveling experience with Shadowlands is good so I can do it. I did take all my 110's to 120 with the AV thing but anything less than that I just can't do it.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Hey man, you do you! I want two of every class at max level at a minimum. (With one being Alliance/Horde) but I usually get about halfway and then want to jump out of a window. Really hoping this new leveling experience with Shadowlands is good so I can do it. I did take all my 110's to 120 with the AV thing but anything less than that I just can't do it.

this is partially why I wanted blurred faction lines so badly - I wanted them all on the same server, lol

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
this is partially why I wanted blurred faction lines so badly - I wanted them all on the same server, lol

The faction thing really does need to go away for multiple reasons, but this is also one reason I have multiple accounts before they opened up all 50 character slots could be on a single server it was the only way I could have a full roster of both factions on the same server.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
The faction thing really does need to go away for multiple reasons, but this is also one reason I have multiple accounts before they opened up all 50 character slots could be on a single server it was the only way I could have a full roster of both factions on the same server.

I'm in the minority but I need infinite character slots, please and thank you

RickPresk

May 15, 2018
What's the deal with no flying in the Warlords of Draenor expansion, I realise I'm miles behind but it seems an odd decision, I'm quite liking the garrison building even if I'm not sure it's much use these days?

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
What's the deal with no flying in the Warlords of Draenor expansion, I realise I'm miles behind but it seems an odd decision, I'm quite liking the garrison building even if I'm not sure it's much use these days?

In Warlords and every expansion onward, you have to get a series of Pathfinder achievements to be able to fly.

Oct 25, 2017
It is possible they may remove those requirements to fly in shadowlands (not shadowlands itself but old content) since they are trying to make content available at every level. Previously mists of pandaria had some requirement to fly (maybe it was just max level? I dunno) that was removed when they made it immediately accessible at the same time as cataclysm.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
It is possible they may remove those requirements to fly in shadowlands (not shadowlands itself but old content) since they are trying to make content available at every level. Previously mists of pandaria had some requirement to fly (maybe it was just max level? I dunno) that was removed when they made it immediately accessible at the same time as cataclysm.

IIRC it's still being discussed how flying will be handled and such with the squish and everything.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Finally got 7th legion to exalted and did the dark iron scenario... that wants me to do the Motherlode afterwards? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Yeah that was a horrible idea. I got to that part and was like "I guess I'm waiting until later because I don't have the energy for ML"

tbf I never have energy for ML.

Same. It's probably my least favorite of the bunch.

To be honest though I don't know what it is but none of the dungeons this expansion are really appealing to me at all. Like I'll do them once and it's like well I never ever want to do that again.

Every other expac I've been able to grind dungeons like they're nothing, so I don't know what changed with BfA.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Same. It's probably my least favorite of the bunch.

To be honest though I don't know what it is but none of the dungeons this expansion are really appealing to me at all. Like I'll do them once and it's like well I never ever want to do that again.

Every other expac I've been able to grind dungeons like they're nothing, so I don't know what changed with BfA.

My biggest issue with the dungeons are that they're too CRAMPED. Like, handling your camera in them is insanely difficult and it makes me not want to run anything because I legit have trouble being able to see what's going on in any kind of easy way and that's not really good for a tank. At all.

Sometimes the WoW community is beyond amazing. Found this post from Reddit where they bought a new rig for their co-gm.

vemi3dlmjr041.jpg

They even customized the case. Pretty amazing.

This is heartwarming. The WoW community, despite the flaws we've all brought up many times before, can be a great thing. I love my WoW friends and would maybe consider pushing them out of the way of an oncoming car so this is clearly above and beyond. Very sweet.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
Are Legion raids soloable yet? I don't know why but for some reason I got back into Wow and got a Paladin to 120 and at ilvl 400 and wanna do old content I missed for mogs, mounts, etc. I know I can mostly solo anything before that.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Are Legion raids soloable yet? I don't know why but for some reason I got back into Wow and got a Paladin to 120 and at ilvl 400 and wanna do old content I missed for mogs, mounts, etc. I know I can mostly solo anything before that.

I solo'd Nighthold the other night on a 400ish Guardian druid and I've done Emerald Nightmare alone plenty of times. I'm sure the others are too but I think it may depend on the class/gear. By 8.3 for sure I think the gear jump will be high enough for anything that can't solo easily yet to be able to then just by sheer numbers.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
I solo'd Nighthold the other night on a 400ish Guardian druid and I've done Emerald Nightmare alone plenty of times. I'm sure the others are too but I think it may depend on the class/gear. By 8.3 for sure I think the gear jump will be high enough for anything that can't solo easily yet to be able to then just by sheer numbers.
Thanks for the answer. Guess I'll wait a bit more. I've been really enjoying the Legion zones in between doing BFA content so I still have a lot to do. Kinda upset I didn't play when it came out though especially since I had bought the CE and intended to get back into the game but then...didn't lol

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Deathwing comes to HotS today so I'm gonna try it again and be terrible at it as usual but I'll get to play as Daddy Dragon.

EDIT: he's only on the PTR. Odyn Voice: DISAPPOINTING.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.