• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Guess who just bought 6 months of subscription!

(To farm 4 million gold before Brutosaur is retired)

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Guess who just bought 6 months of subscription!

(To farm 4 million gold before Brutosaur is retired)

What's your plan? I have about half of it in gold and more than enough in materials, although the auction house is fairly dead these days.

Not sure if I want to use up all my money for the mount.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
What's your plan? I have about half of it in gold and more than enough in materials, although the auction house is fairly dead these days.

Not sure if I want to use up all my money for the mount.
The 4 million goal is to have 1 million gold after gifting the brutosaur to my GF since I have already one. My plan is:
  • I will do the Enchanting shuffle to create tons of enchanting materials, transforming Tidespray Linen into Expulsom, then Expulsom into Epics.
  • Start hoarding Azsharine and Sage Agate since new Mythic BoE rings are coming in 8.3 will require a lot of them. Also hoard any cheap material you see in AH that is part of the turn-in quests for Warfronts.
  • Sell cooking foods, but you need to be clever with is. In my european server, it is tradition that most raids begin at 22:00, so at 21:30 I start posting my stacks of food and undercut any competitors until 22:15 or whenever you feel like it.
  • Standard consumable selling. Glider Kits, Vantus Rune, contracts, Flasks... etc.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
I already have enough gold to buy the mount, but I am weird and don't want to drop 5 million without a reserve of that same 5 million. Just sold all my extra Elixir of Rapid Mind for about a million gold so I just need to get 4 more in whatever months 10? If I do my standard raid farm rotation with all of my 120's that is about 240,000 a week just from drops and vendoring, not even counting anything rare. I will probably go back to farming Uldaman as well as it has some ultra rare shit that sells for tons.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I already have enough gold to buy the mount, but I am weird and don't want to drop 5 million without a reserve of that same 5 million. Just sold all my extra Elixir of Rapid Mind for about a million gold so I just need to get 4 more in whatever months 10? If I do my standard raid farm rotation with all of my 120's that is about 240,000 a week just from drops and vendoring, not even counting anything rare. I will probably go back to farming Uldaman as well as it has some ultra rare shit that sells for tons.
Damn, how many raids do you run and on how many characters? That seems a pretty good amount for a week.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Damn, how many raids do you run and on how many characters? That seems a pretty good amount for a week.

Depends on what day of the week I start. It will be 12 120's, I could do 16 but I'll probably only do the 12. As for the raids, everything from Cata-WoD which averages about 20k a character. I will usually sprinkle in a few of the older ones for certain characters as well for transmog purposes. This also takes into account pets that I sell that drop, I usually put them up for super low prices though to push them fast. I hate the AH so I put stuff up to get rid of it as quickly as possible.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Depends on what day of the week I start. It will be 12 120's, I could do 16 but I'll probably only do the 12. As for the raids, everything from Cata-WoD which averages about 20k a character. I will usually sprinkle in a few of the older ones for certain characters as well for transmog purposes. This also takes into account pets that I sell that drop, I usually put them up for super low prices though to push them fast. I hate the AH so I put stuff up to get rid of it as quickly as possible.

I'm the kind of idiot player who reads this and thinks yeah, I can totally do this. I do the raids on one character and will be like nahhhh I'm good.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I think I would go insane trying to the same ~10 raids 12 times a week even if the money is worth it. Not to mention trying to find the time for that.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I think I would go insane trying to the same ~10 raids 12 times a week even if the money is worth it. Not to mention trying to find the time for that.
Once you get into a rhythm you can do most of them within 15 minutes to half an hour. Even Legion raids end up being somewhere in the ballpark of 20 minutes when you know where to go and what the shortcuts and quirks of soloing them are.

It's honestly an easy way to unwind, just grab a cup of tea, turn on a podcast and go punch Archimonde twice.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Once you get into a rhythm you can do most of them within 15 minutes to half an hour. Even Legion raids end up being somewhere in the ballpark of 20 minutes when you know where to go and what the shortcuts and quirks of soloing them are.

It's honestly an easy way to unwind, just grab a cup of tea, turn on a podcast and go punch Archimonde twice.

I do like punching Archimonde..

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
just finished up what's available of the war campaign so far on horde (After having already done it on alliance) and was reminded of

"breaking the cycle" says saurfang

"we can't get rid of factions" says blizzard

giphy.gif

Oct 28, 2017
Denmark
Decided to try out Death Knight for the first time ever since WotLK. I only did the intro quests back then, never got the feel for the class. Now I'm level 89 and I'm enjoying every minute playing. Looking forward to doing their class hall stuff.

Unholy is especially fun and engaging, and my current favorite spec. It's got the perfect amount of skills, resources and buffs/debuffs to track, and I personally love the feel of playing an armored necromancer/knight hybrid.

I tried out frost for a bit and it's decent fun, but I just don't dig the aesthetic and theme. Maybe dual axes and a viking themed transmog/character look would make it work.

Blood is alright. Feels a bit stale to play, but I won't make any final judgments until I've tried it out at max level.

Last edited:

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Decided to try out Death Knight for the first time ever since WotLK. I only did the intro quests back then, never got the feel for the class. Now I'm level 89 and I'm enjoying every minute playing. Looking forward to doing their class hall stuff.

Unholy is especially fun and engaging, and my current favorite spec. It's got the perfect amount of skills, resources and buffs/debuffs to track, and I personally love the feel of playing an armored necromancer/knight hybrid.

I tried out frost for a bit and it's decent fun, but I just don't dig the aesthetic and theme. Maybe dual axes and a viking themed transmog/character look would make it work.

Blood is alright. Feels a bit stale to play, but I won't make any final judgments until I've tried it out at max level.

Blood is my favorite tank spec! It owns.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
What were peoples thoughts on Suramar when it was current? I can see how it'd be really longwinded on release, but this is overall one of the better told stories and zones that i've seen in this game in a long time, if not ever. (it's also so long that just doing the questing alone is enough to nearly be at exalted already lol)

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
What were peoples thoughts on Suramar when it was current? I can see how it'd be really longwinded on release, but this is overall one of the better told stories and zones that i've seen in this game in a long time, if not ever. (it's also so long that just doing the questing alone is enough to nearly be at exalted already lol)
I actually played a bit of that when it was current and I didn't mind it all that much

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco

I loved it. Great story with memorable characters. Lots of things to explore and find.

Was challenging for sure but I liked that it wasn't just your usual go here kill everything.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond

It was great, if a little tough in only questing gear. I hope they do another zone like it - the Maw seems, so far, to be more like a hardcore version of Timeless Isle but I'm hoping there's some Suramar mixed in.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017

Mob density in the city itself was a pain in the ass at lower gear levels, but not too bed once group finder kicked in.

It was a pretty awesome story, if a bit padded out time-wise.

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017

I think at launch some people complained because it could be annoying to navigate the city but these criticisms waned over time. Imo it's easily top 3 zone level material, it's brilliantly made and from storyline standpoint it's leaps and bounds beyond anything else in the game.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I think at launch some people complained because it could be annoying to navigate the city but these criticisms waned over time. Imo it's easily top 3 zone level material, it's brilliantly made and from storyline standpoint it's leaps and bounds beyond anything else in the game.

Agreed. Easily the best zone they've ever done in the history of the game, no hyperbole. (and I'm talking on every level -- gameplay, storyline, and general aesthetics)

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
a lot of people complained about it. it's my favorite zone in the game, though.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Best zone ever in the best WoW expansion. I wish the weekly Nightfallen scenario wasn't so repetitive. I hope the Maw from Shadowlands brings the same feeling back again.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
ugh - let me say that I get why we're not getting 8.3 until January but also like... the 8.2 is over drought is real. We have another 1-2 months of whatever the hell we can find to do over this period and none of it is engaging. I want new content!

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be the dissenting voice - I mostly hated it when it was new. The Ancient Mana farm sucked ass, and I know it was mitigated somewhat in a later patch, but at launch it suuuuucked. And I hated the stealth mechanics. I found it frustrating and tiresome. Beautiful zone but I don't read quest texts so I didn't much of this supposedly great story.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
ugh - let me say that I get why we're not getting 8.3 until January but also like... the 8.2 is over drought is real. We have another 1-2 months of whatever the hell we can find to do over this period and none of it is engaging. I want new content!

I've been having the same thought. My sub ends in a couple of weeks and I might let it lapse until 8.3. There's only so much "I guess I'll get this alt to 65 neck" I can do before I want to die.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
They could at *least* unlock the 8.3 allied races early.

I'd be here for that. I suspect 8.3.5 will bring in the leveling changes like 7.3.5 brought in the scaling changes but I wish they'd stealth drop them and be like "HAPPY HOLIDAYS" giving us something to kinda play around with even if it was just the same content we're already used to.

I was playing this weekend and thinking about how I enjoyed Warlords leveling when it was current but by the time I get there now I'm like "nah farming treasures and LEAVING" so it would be nice to be able to quest there for the entirety so I don't get leveling burnout before actually stepping foot back in Draenor. I think this will help lots of older content feel more fresh because you won't have to slog through to get to something that interests you.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
My friend is buying 200 or 400 something dollars worth of WoW tokens to get the AH mount someones getting into the first wave of beta invites.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
My friend is buying 200 or 400 something dollars worth of WoW tokens to get the AH mount someones getting into the first wave of beta invites.

I never really spend money on their store and get invites so he'd better after that.

I'm gonna give all my Guild Members gold for Christmas like I do every year so I'll probably throw down on a token or two and restock the guild bank while I'm at it.

Consider it the guild dad version of child support.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I never really spend money on their store and get invites so he'd better after that.

I'm gonna give all my Guild Members gold for Christmas like I do every year so I'll probably throw down on a token or two and restock the guild bank while I'm at it.

Consider it the guild dad version of child support.

I buy WoW tokens sometimes too ever since I got too lazy to farm and since all I do is level alts the 150k or whatever it is keeps me going for awhile.

That's nice of you to get your guild members something .

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I buy WoW tokens sometimes too ever since I got too lazy to farm and since all I do is level alts the 150k or whatever it is keeps me going for awhile.

That's nice of you to get your guild members something .

They work hard so they deserve it. And I like them. It's rare to have the two together.

except Berordn - hate that guy. Love his cat, though.

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
I resubbed intending to play classic and realized I don't want to really put the time in with having a 40hr a week job. So I've been just messing around on retail getting my shit slapped around on my Paladin in Nazjatar. I just want to get pathfinder pt 2 and then never play this class again.

Status
Not open for further replies.