• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
So wait....what ever happened to the next warfront? lol
I feel like they've gotta have a surprise or two for us to bridge 8.3 to 9.0, and that might be one of them. Hopefully the squish/revamped leveling experience happens in a theoretical 8.3.5 too.

Weren't Allied Races intro'd in 7.3.5?

Feels like Warfronts are a feature they're leaving for dead.

I forget they exist all the time.

Oct 25, 2017
So wait....what ever happened to the next warfront? lol
I feel like they've gotta have a surprise or two for us to bridge 8.3 to 9.0, and that might be one of them. Hopefully the squish/revamped leveling experience happens in a theoretical 8.3.5 too.

Weren't Allied Races intro'd in 7.3.5?

Yeah but the stat squish did not happen til pre-launch patch. I would love to get early access to that but I just cannot imagine such a huge change happening with in a x.x.5 patch. I mean, seems unlikely at least.

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
So i just started the game and I've been having a hell of a time with lag to the point where the game is almost unplayable and I was wondering if there are any known issues with the game, any known solutions to fix the problem? i play plenty of games online like FFXIV and others and it's never and issue so it's definitely not my internet connection. I tried reading around and did a UI reset, reinstall, changing direct x, enabling Vsync like some suggest and I can't seem to figure out why it lags so hard.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Hey random question... Is it at all possible to access the loot tables for things like raid finder from previous expansions? Or... is there raid finder exclusive loot? (If there is, I'd guess it's a different color of existing armor.)

Talk about warfronts made me curious, too, because I wonder how they'll handle that in the future. Just remove the content entirely? Let you queue up without other people? Maybe NPCs that just fill in space? I assume and expect just... pretending they never existed.

Not that I really... care to do them just to get gear or whatever. They're boring as fuck.

Oh yeah and island expeditions. Ugh. THAT'S something I would probably do at higher levels just to breeze through 'em and hopefully get those toys and shit.

What a waste of content. I like the idea of both warfronts and island expeditions. The execution... UGH!!!!!!

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
So i just started the game and I've been having a hell of a time with lag to the point where the game is almost unplayable and I was wondering if there are any known issues with the game, any known solutions to fix the problem? i play plenty of games online like FFXIV and others and it's never and issue so it's definitely not my internet connection. I tried reading around and did a UI reset, reinstall, changing direct x, enabling Vsync like some suggest and I can't seem to figure out why it lags so hard.

Shouldn't happen. The game is able to run on low end systems. I play it on my Surface tablet. Sounds like something else is going on.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
Hey random question... Is it at all possible to access the loot tables for things like raid finder from previous expansions? Or... is there raid finder exclusive loot? (If there is, I'd guess it's a different color of existing armor.)

Talk about warfronts made me curious, too, because I wonder how they'll handle that in the future. Just remove the content entirely? Let you queue up without other people? Maybe NPCs that just fill in space? I assume and expect just... pretending they never existed.

Not that I really... care to do them just to get gear or whatever. They're boring as fuck.

Oh yeah and island expeditions. Ugh. THAT'S something I would probably do at higher levels just to breeze through 'em and hopefully get those toys and shit.

What a waste of content. I like the idea of both warfronts and island expeditions. The execution... UGH!!!!!!

The old raid finders still exist. There's an NPC you can talk to to solo join one. The Legion npc is the same one you picked up the weekly at in Dalaran. The WoD one is an npc in your garrison. Don't know where the Mists and Cata ones are. The Legion LFR's are easy to solo. Been running the first wings of ToS and Antorus for mounts.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017

You should be able to see all loot tables in the dungeon guide.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
The old raid finders still exist. There's an NPC you can talk to to solo join one. The Legion npc is the same one you picked up the weekly at in Dalaran. The WoD one is an npc in your garrison. Don't know where the Mists and Cata ones are. The Legion LFR's are easy to solo. Been running the first wings of ToS and Antorus for mounts.
Oh cool. Thanks!

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
What is the point of Summons from the Depths?

have to do it ten times, need a group of at least ten, drops absolutely nothing. Can't ever get a group for it. Only 5/10 for the achieve.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Man, leather and mail transmog are severely wanting compared to cloth and plate. I'm getting heavily into playing leather and mail characters these days (including my change in main to druid back with late-Legion) and I'm struggling to find some great stuff.

I just discovered the Satyr's spaulders off Xavius and am obsessed with trying for those now, haha. Wish me luck.

--

Also, that goddamn cat bundle is made for me. I fucking love cats and would love them kitty mounts and pets, but even at the discounted price, I feel like it's too much. $50 CDN for 3 mounts and 6 pets? Yikes. To think the original price is over $100 for all those items. Wow.

--

Also, wtb character service discounts. I feel like a change or two in my army.

Here's my thicc boi these days. I kinda wish I could revert to being a Night Elf sometimes (it'd be so great if once you pay for a character race change, you could change back into that race at will -- on a timer -- for free, but that'd be too good to be true, I guess. At the price they're selling it for, a race change should really be like purchasing the race as a permanently unlockable cosmetic option for that character, you know?)

Share they toons as well! Love some inspiration.

Masculine1.png

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Totally forgot we get Allied Race/Panda DK in the upcoming patch (if you bought Shadowlands).

There's been like no datamining of how they're changing the starting zones and stuff with Bolvar so that's kinda exciting.

Deleted member 14735

Oct 27, 2017
Is discussion of private servers allowed in here or does that count as piracy for Era's rules?

Putting aside that for now, I imagine it should be okay to talk about this.. does anyone ever miss the old models? Some of the new ones are definite upgrades, but so many of the faces feel so samey and homogenized now, and it feels like they've softened them up. In particular there was an awesome fem undead face that's nowhere near as cool now, undead probably got it the worst in general with the softening imo

lH22w4Z.jpg

That face, but in general I just love how cool they used to look, orcs too looked a lot better I feel like. Maybe the right way to put it is that they had more personality before. Just a bit of a shame for some of them.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Is discussion of private servers allowed in here or does that count as piracy for Era's rules?

Putting aside that for now, I imagine it should be okay to talk about this.. does anyone ever miss the old models? Some of the new ones are definite upgrades, but so many of the faces feel so samey and homogenized now, and it feels like they've softened them up. In particular there was an awesome fem undead face that's nowhere near as cool now, undead probably got it the worst in general with the softening imo

lH22w4Z.jpg

That face, but in general I just love how cool they used to look, orcs too looked a lot better I feel like. Maybe the right way to put it is that they had more personality before. Just a bit of a shame for some of them.

I mean, why talk about private servers when Classic exist?

Deleted member 14735

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, why talk about private servers when Classic exist?
Not the era of my nostalgia, and it's unlikely that era will ever be revisited lol (Cata). Of course I'd love if they eventually do, but I imagine those of us who joined at that time right as the game started declining in both playerbase and player sentiment are not in great numbers. Just kinda stuck in that awkward place where I feel like the modern game has lost its way but I also wasn't brought up with classic and as refreshing as it was, isn't quite what I miss about the game either.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Not the era of my nostalgia, and it's unlikely that era will ever be revisited lol (Cata). Of course I'd love if they eventually do, but I imagine those of us who joined at that time right as the game started declining in both playerbase and player sentiment are not in great numbers. Just kinda stuck in that awkward place where I feel like the modern game has lost its way but I also wasn't brought up with classic and as refreshing as it was, isn't quite what I miss about the game either.

oh sorry, I thought were talking about Vanilla wow, my bad.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond

lH22w4Z.jpg

can you not still disable the new models in your settings? I know you used to be able to.

that said, I do not miss them at all. Having played since the beginning I welcomed the uprez with open arms. Plus, while I don't agree with the "samey" comment, Shadowlands is introducing a slew of new faces and customizations so I look forward to editing my current set of characters as soon as I can.

Last edited:

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I do have a particular attachment to my old human model face on my original vanilla character, which has never been reproduced accurately (imo) with the new human male face models. That said, I don't miss the old models at all otherwise. They all look fucking terrible now, imo. Orcs in particular received such a massive and fantastic upgrade.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I was considering posting some screenshots of my characters but then I'd need to transmog their gear AND THEN it would all get ruined in 8.3 so that's just so much work...

Maybe I will. We'll see.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I'm at 5285/6000 for Nautical Battlefield Training. I hope to make myself finish it before 8.3.

I'm also considering taking Wednesday off just to have a day devoted to WoW but I'm ending my two week vacation tonight... Granted, everyone at work got this two week vacation so.. I actually doubt anyone will care if I take that day or not so fuck it maybe I will.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I'm at 5285/6000 for Nautical Battlefield Training. I hope to make myself finish it before 8.3.

I'm also considering taking Wednesday off just to have a day devoted to WoW but I'm ending my two week vacation tonight... Granted, everyone at work got this two week vacation so.. I actually doubt anyone will care if I take that day or not so fuck it maybe I will.

Those water goblins ain't gonna train themselves.

Lmao why can't I send them on mission table missions?

OT Update - Pre 8.3
OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I noticed that my photo links had broken but I hadn't had time to update them over the holidays because we were busy and I had a few bad health days but that's done now. Updated some of the content in the OT as well.

Will do more once we get 8.3 patch notes this week. Thanks for putting up with me!

AS WELL: I just claimed the Shadowlands OT since we'll want to start fresh for anyone returning. Hopefully all of you are okay with this. :)

Last edited:

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
8.3 is more feature-rich than I thought, looking at Wowhead's hub page for it. Everything's really gotta be good, though. The game really can't afford for anything to suck right now imo. So I hope it's a good raid, solid character models for the allied races, a well received AH overhaul, and that Corruption as a mechanic lands well and feels good, especially in the context of the Horrific Visions which is kind of a test for Torghast being a viable core component of Shadowlands.

They'd get a ton of goodwill right now if they:
- Did even more to make essences accessible for alts in 8.3
- Announced that the big squish and revamped leveling was coming in 8.3.5, which would be April/May, ahead of a possible 9.0 in the summer.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
What features do you think they'll roll about before Shadowlands? The pre-patch event and the leveling update probably, but what else?

That's kinda my biggest guess. I'm not even sure the leveling changes will go live beforehand since they're, in theory, more complex than the BFA ones we received in 7.3.5. I think there's a possibility but I don't think it's a sure thing.

That said, I expect one final set of Allied Races in 8.3.5 so BFA goes out on a higher note than "you just quietly killed N'zoth, good job" and my guess for those would be Ogres/Jinyu

I would lose my goddamned mind if they made, say, Ethereals an allied race for just one faction. A) I think they'd be a void expansion feature and b) since we're on "good terms" again I think it would be best to treat them like Pandaren. Too many people on both sides like them too much.

I also wonder if the rumblings that the 8.3 Warfront being scrapped to be a final bridge into SL are true since it was clear there was supposed to be one more (and Barrens-based). I kinda assume they're just cutting their losses there but it would be a neat way to finish them off. Even if I do think Warfronts were just a waste at the end of the day.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
New patch new OT title?

8.3 Panda Death Knights Rise Up!

8.3 Ratchet and Clank vs. Lovecraft

I was going with "Old Gods, New Tricks" lol but also I don't think we're gonna have a new OT for 8.3. The change from the previous OT was mostly because the previous "owner" wasn't posting or playing anymore and the topic was being neglected. I think the next OT will be for Shadowlands specifically. I'll have a mod change the title in this case.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
8.3 is more feature-rich than I thought, looking at Wowhead's hub page for it. Everything's really gotta be good, though. The game really can't afford for anything to suck right now imo. So I hope it's a good raid, solid character models for the allied races, a well received AH overhaul, and that Corruption as a mechanic lands well and feels good, especially in the context of the Horrific Visions which is kind of a test for Torghast being a viable core component of Shadowlands.

They'd get a ton of goodwill right now if they:
- Did even more to make essences accessible for alts in 8.3
- Announced that the big squish and revamped leveling was coming in 8.3.5, which would be April/May, ahead of a possible 9.0 in the summer.

I'm expecting 8.3 to be good but im still having trouble mustering up much excitement because I'm just so ready for bfa to be over

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Only 8 more days of WoW boredom. Can't wait, 8.3 sounds like it's gonna be good!

I'm a little more excited now that we're getting closer but I'm also still "let's just release it so Shadowlands stuff can begin to happen."

I'm sure I'll have fun with my group. It's just that being so excited for SL is making it harder to care about anything BFA has to offer. I'll try though!

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Man I really have the urge to play wow recently but... I just don't know what to actually do in wow. I don't have the time for classic. My friends were in two casual raiding guilds (had been raiding continuously since vanilla) but bfa killed them both. And I don't really want to spend hours grinding fucking essences, corruption gear, cape, whatever other bullshit is in there just to pug raids.

Realistically how much grinding do I have to do to be doing good (like 70-80% parses) DPS in 8.3 if I haven't played since 8.0?

edit: I mean the capability to hit those parses, not that I would actually get them :)

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Just an update:

I'm not allowed to request the Shadowlands OT because it's apparently too far in advance or something. I missed that line of text in the giant OT post and, as I had previously read it to request the creation of this very topic, it didn't click in my head that maybe it was "too early."

Anyway, I was told to read the OP so I guess I'll just try again later. I'll do my best to make a good OT once the time arrives though!

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of skimming quest text... I actually read through every quest text in drustvar at release. I enjoyed the zone too. But I did not keep it up with the other zones.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I read all the quest texts when an expansion launches - it's just something I like to do - but I cannot blame someone for giving up.

I tried that addon that makes them like "cutscenes" or whatever but for me that was somehow worse lol

Status
Not open for further replies.