• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
DAMN i wish i didn't have a death knight already cause i'd totally make a vulpera dk

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Resubbed and back to farming shards from ICC. Also farming glaives from Illidan and lord help me thinking about doing Thunderfury. How's the MC binding grind these days?

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Resubbed and back to farming shards from ICC. Also farming glaives from Illidan and lord help me thinking about doing Thunderfury. How's the MC binding grind these days?

I haven't done the MC grind at all but I can offer the suggestion that if you don't need the mog to share your lockout for ICC with your other characters. It's how I got Invincible this year after literally years of farming.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
so here's a question:

I guess we'll know on Tuesday but do you all think the N'zoth kill cutscene is going to be a clean break from BFA or actually tie into Shadowlands somehow? In the Shadowlands trailer it looks to be leading off more from the Loyalist scene we got (as to not spoil 8.3, most likely) but I kinda think they might actually just be like <thisistheendofbfapleasebeexcited.mp4> and be done with it all.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
so here's a question:

I guess we'll know on Tuesday but do you all think the N'zoth kill cutscene is going to be a clean break from BFA or actually tie into Shadowlands somehow? In the Shadowlands trailer it looks to be leading off more from the Loyalist scene we got (as to not spoil 8.3, most likely) but I kinda think they might actually just be like <thisistheendofbfapleasebeexcited.mp4> and be done with it all.

draenor is free

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
so here's a question:

I think there's going to be an 8.3.5, along with a cinematic.

If I had to guess I would say that it's going to be a hollow victory. We kill N'zoth but his corruption just gets worse. Leads to more wars, more people getting corrupted, dying, and going to the Maw.

Hell, I'm not sure if Azeroth herself is still going to survive.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I think there's going to be an 8.3.5, along with a cinematic.

If I had to guess I would say that it's going to be a hollow victory. We kill N'zoth but his corruption just gets worse. Leads to more wars, more people getting corrupted, dying, and going to the Maw.

Hell, I'm not sure if Azeroth herself is still going to survive.

I fully expect an 8.3.5 and kinda expect the "scrapped" warfront to be died into the scourge invasion. But who knows. It's gonna be an interesting ride over the next 400 months as we wait.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I fully expect an 8.3.5 and kinda expect the "scrapped" warfront to be died into the scourge invasion. But who knows. It's gonna be an interesting ride over the next 400 months as we wait.

"interesting ride" is optimistic with how BfA has gone, but they seem to want to turn around things for Shadowlands so we'll see!

All I want right now is the level squish. Hopefully in May?

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
The problem is people want shorter content droughts but also want the content to be properly tested and get feedback for Blizzard.

But you can't have both.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I thought that they had two teams - one working on BfA, one working on Shadowlands, so hypothetically that should mean shorter droughts between expacs.

Which unfortunately has so far lead to Warlords -> Legion -> BfA -> Shadowlands, but still

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I thought that they had two teams - one working on BfA, one working on Shadowlands, so hypothetically that should mean shorter droughts between expacs.

Which unfortunately has so far lead to Warlords -> Legion -> BfA -> Shadowlands, but still

from my understanding it isn't a "Team A and Team B" thing but more like one team that can share members as needed. So like (fyi made up numbers here) 85% work on the new expansion and then the remaining 15% handle patch content but in times of great need those percentages can change.

or I may be talking out of my ass. idk.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the "A and B Team" stuff has always been theorizing and not based on anything we know about Blizzard's internal development.

8.3 patch notes
OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond

TLDR:

Corrupted Zones: Uldum and Vale of Eternal Blossoms
New Raid: Ny'alotha, the Waking City
New Affix for M+: Awakened
New Gamplay Content: Assaults and Horrific Visions
New Legendary: Ashjra'kamas, Shroud of Resolve
War/Titanforging replaced with Corrupted Items
New Pet Battle Dungeon: Blackrock Depths
New Allied Races: Vulpera (H) and Mechagnomes (A)
All races can be Death Knights (inc. Pandaren and Allied Races) with Shadowlands preorder
Auction House Overhaul
New quests, rewards, essences, and story content!
Heroic Warfront: Darkshore
....and more!

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I am still not sure if I want to jump in on patch day or maybe sometime afterwards. It is gonna be a pretty long patch... but my guild will likely be most active early on in the patch.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Actually I don't believe this is correct. Allied race DK's don't go through the old DK starting zone and they start at 20 instead of 55.

That's brutal starting at such a low level I get that it's because of heritage armor but I have 8 sets from subraces and feel no accomplishment from doing it and everyone I've talked to that also has heritage armor is just as bitter about wasting time getting. It doesn't help that the core races have higher quality heritage armor anyway the Tauren set is better than anything the subraces got.

Oct 25, 2017
Wait for the level squish and world changes. I think DKs can start leveling in shadowlands right off the bat, after their starting zones. I could be wrong, but I seem to recall them saying that. Personally, I will probably take an allied DK around for my favorite spots and skip all the spots I hate. Gonna be sweet.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Just remember you'll change them right back when Shadowlands comes out and the allied races customization looks dirt poor by comparison.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
After watching the official 8.3 videos I'm a little more pumped for Tuesday. Maybe it'll be good compared to 8.0/8.1 like 8.2 was. I enjoyed 8.2 but it did get stale faster than I'd have liked.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Wait for the level squish and world changes. I think DKs can start leveling in shadowlands right off the bat, after their starting zones. I could be wrong, but I seem to recall them saying that. Personally, I will probably take an allied DK around for my favorite spots and skip all the spots I hate. Gonna be sweet.

I think you are misremembering, they mentioned in 9.0 that all hero classed and allied races start at 10. You basically just skip the new starting zone.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
So I finally bite the bullet and started playing again yeeeeeeeears after I left. I am now a 38 Fire Mage and just playing casually, doing quests in each zone and moving up to the next when the storyline quests are complete. I am killing normal mobs without issue but I am also doing daily dungeon raids. However, I am very concerned about my damage output. Trash mobs die waaaay too fast for me to even get a spell or two off and even bosses die quickly. I follow the rotation of fireball spam until 2 critical prcs (or an always critical Fire Blast) > Pyroblast for damage but it is impossible to do good damage on mobs that die so fast. Is there anything I can do to increase my damage or I am just stuck with aoes and doing low damage at this point in the game as a mage? It seems melee characters are way more powerful in dungeons than mages.

Also, can someone explain how loot works in dungeon and quests: are their set items from bosses and quests that drop but automatically sync to your ilevel range? Like if I redid a lvl 15 dungeon at 60, would I get the same staff drop I got before at 15 be at a MUCH higher ilevel at 60?

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017

Whaaaa...? I think you have to be level 50 (post-squish) to access Shadowlands content, regardless of class, race, or time of character creation.
I believe the idea will be that in 9.0:

- All core races start at 1 and go through Exile's Reach
- All allied races (and DKs/DHs?) start at 10
- For 10 - 50, all characters must go through BFA if you're a new player, and ANY expansion if you already have at least one character at 50 (IDK if you can change expansions, or if you have to stick to the one you picked, tho)
- For 50 -60, all characters must go through Shadowlands
- And in Shadowlands, you must go through the zones in a prescribed order if it's your first time, but can do them out of order if you have at least one characzter at 60.

I think I have it right. Correct me though!

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Whaaaa...? I think you have to be level 50 (post-squish) to access Shadowlands content, regardless of class, race, or time of character creation.
I believe the idea will be that in 9.0:

- All core races start at 1 and go through Exile's Reach
- All allied races (and DKs/DHs?) start at 10
- For 10 - 50, all characters must go through BFA if you're a new player, and ANY expansion if you already have at least one character at 50 (IDK if you can change expansions, or if you have to stick to the one you picked, tho)
- For 50 -60, all characters must go through Shadowlands
- And in Shadowlands, you must go through the zones in a prescribed order if it's your first time, but can do them out of order if you have at least one characzter at 60.

I think I have it right. Correct me though!

That's correct. Regarding 10-50, you aren't locked into anything on any second+ character. You can start leveling in one expansion and swap around to others if you want.

FloBoJo

Nov 5, 2017
So I finally bite the bullet and started playing again yeeeeeeeears after I left. I am now a 38 Fire Mage and just playing casually, doing quests in each zone and moving up to the next when the storyline quests are complete. I am killing normal mobs without issue but I am also doing daily dungeon raids. However, I am very concerned about my damage output. Trash mobs die waaaay too fast for me to even get a spell or two off and even bosses die quickly. I follow the rotation of fireball spam until 2 critical prcs (or an always critical Fire Blast) > Pyroblast for damage but it is impossible to do good damage on mobs that die so fast. Is there anything I can do to increase my damage or I am just stuck with aoes and doing low damage at this point in the game as a mage? It seems melee characters are way more powerful in dungeons than mages.

Also, can someone explain how loot works in dungeon and quests: are their set items from bosses and quests that drop but automatically sync to your ilevel range? Like if I redid a lvl 15 dungeon at 60, would I get the same staff drop I got before at 15 be at a MUCH higher ilevel at 60?
Second question first, yes the loot you get in a dungeon scales to what is appropriate for your level. Now what drops may not be the same but what does drop will be current and not based on what you first cleared the dungeon as.

While leveling in dungeons, I would not be too concerned about "falling behind" in damage. There are a number of factors like the gear of the other players or simply available spells that may skew from your favor despite playing well.

HOWEVER, trying to hit two long casts as just a setup on a non-boss mob is probably not ideal strategy (I have not played a mage so talking generally here). That rotation you want to save only for the longer fights. Inbetween just AoE and spam your quick dots and casts on each mob. If you're clearing dungeons and not pulling aggro from the tank then good on you.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
...and the patch hits just as I head off on holiday for a month and away from the game. Hopefully the guild won't have finished everything while I'm gone!

Could probably do with figuring out how I can usefully progress in the short chunks of time available to me.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
...and the patch hits just as I head off on holiday for a month and away from the game. Hopefully the guild won't have finished everything while I'm gone!

Could probably do with figuring out how I can usefully progress in the short chunks of time available to me.

Holiday!
Celebrate!
If we took a holiday
just some time to get CoRrUpTeD!
8F2A27112BEE034BCFC853EFC2CB7C333376ED98

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
So dumb Q maybe, but google isn't helping. I'm going through BfA for the first time and so far I have encounter 0 wild battle pets (part of Zuldazar and Vuldun). I'm obviously missing something, but what? Do you need to do a questline or something else first?

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
So dumb Q maybe, but google isn't helping. I'm going through BfA for the first time and so far I have encounter 0 wild battle pets (part of Zuldazar and Vuldun). I'm obviously missing something, but what? Do you need to do a questline or something else first?

Are you sure you have battle pet tracking on?

Status
Not open for further replies.