• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Holiday!
Celebrate!
If we took a holiday
just some time to get CoRrUpTeD!
8F2A27112BEE034BCFC853EFC2CB7C333376ED98

Inappropriately, I'm visiting a land which is currently being visited by the Burning Legion.

Oct 25, 2017
Whaaaa...? I think you have to be level 50 (post-squish) to access Shadowlands content, regardless of class, race, or time of character creation.
I believe the idea will be that in 9.0:

- All core races start at 1 and go through Exile's Reach
- All allied races (and DKs/DHs?) start at 10
- For 10 - 50, all characters must go through BFA if you're a new player, and ANY expansion if you already have at least one character at 50 (IDK if you can change expansions, or if you have to stick to the one you picked, tho)
- For 50 -60, all characters must go through Shadowlands
- And in Shadowlands, you must go through the zones in a prescribed order if it's your first time, but can do them out of order if you have at least one characzter at 60.

I think I have it right. Correct me though!

The news outlet that talked about death knights probably just misreported or misleadingly stated how DKs would work in the expansion I think.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I only started giving a shit about Taliesen and those vids since Blizzcon. He's hilarious. Their videos are great.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
It's weird as hell that the launcher is already Shadowlands. When it downloaded the update today I got an alert that said "World of Warcraft: Shadowlands" is now playable.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Wrapped up the Horde War Campaign in prep for 8.3.

Playing a double agent and being loyal to the True Warchief was soooo much more interesting than playing the usual hero/rebellion questline.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Wrapped up the Horde War Campaign in prep for 8.3.

Playing a double agent and being loyal to the True Warchief was soooo much more interesting than playing the usual hero/rebellion questline.

I still refuse to believe that this is the end of the loyalist story. Like even if ole Sylvia ends up being the true boss of Sargeras the whole thing was just "lol you were wrong get fucked" and that sucks.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Yo, would anyone like to group to take care of those few rares that need extra effort or group coordination in Antoran Wastes? I'd like to finish those last few up to get the cool Lightforged Weapon set reward. LMK if interested! I think it would take like just 20 mins.

Threads all over WoW forums and reddit. Even while in a guild, chat and guild tab were fucked, invisible, not displaying info, non-functional, etc.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I got my DK from 111 to 119 thanks to BGs mixed with questing I only won 5 bgs though early morning Alliance don't play.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Yo, would anyone like to group to take care of those few rares that need extra effort or group coordination in Antoran Wastes? I'd like to finish those last few up to get the cool Lightforged Weapon set reward. LMK if interested! I think it would take like just 20 mins.

Threads all over WoW forums and reddit. Even while in a guild, chat and guild tab were fucked, invisible, not displaying info, non-functional, etc.

I'm down homie.

I'm Ngiole#1986 if you want to add me.

Last edited:

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017

I'm down for helping. Still need some toys from it. Battle tag is Derek#1345.

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they shake up M+ and pre-raid gearing next expansion. I just realized that if I jump in on patch day I will be running the same dungeons for the fourth time to get the same gear and it will not even be at the cap for dungeon drops for the season til the raid comes out. And I ran a lot of M+ in season 1 + 2... so...kind of stretching this content out a bit blizzard! lol

The sad part is that they have a lot of old content that could maybe bit made to fit m+ style with some work and rebalancing. They basically need more than 10 m+ dungeons per expansion by perhaps adding 2 per season.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I realized I didn't do the very last quest in Vol'dun to kill the dungeon boss in Sethraliss, so that was another 500. I'm about 2200 short now. Honestly, I'm just gonna wait for an emissary now (1500) and do WQs for the rest, plus mission tables.

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
So how is 8.3 looking? I've been away since 8.1 and, at a glance, the content seems fairly light for a final expansion patch.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
So how is 8.3 looking? I've been away since 8.1 and, at a glance, the content seems fairly light for a final expansion patch.
There's actually a lot more in there than you'd expect, though it's largely centered around having more dynamic and repeatable stuff to do. No new zone, but the two revamped ones have a lot of new additional touches, especially when they're under an N'Zoth siege and get whole new areas opened up.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I think they have very cool feral/guardian forms but other than that I can't imagine myself ever wanting to play one.

Subraces are kind of like a monkeys paw wish we should have been more specific with what we wanted like on The Simpsons when Homer wished for the turkey sandwich. They all kinda suck I mean it's cool and then Blizzard immediately goes and expands the core races character creation for free so all our transfer money was wasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.