• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Subraces are kind of like a monkeys paw wish we should have been more specific with what we wanted like on The Simpsons when Homer wished for the turkey sandwich. They all kinda suck I mean it's cool and then Blizzard immediately goes and expands the core races character creation for free so all our transfer money was wasted.

I'm still very happy with Zandalari, but yeah I imagine that once regular Orcs get their heritage armor and new customizations I might regret race changing one of my characters to mag'har.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
maxresdefault.jpg

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA
Anyone know if 8.3's quests have any sort of weapon rewards? Been trying to ditch this 410 PvP weapon, but M+ and raids have been a crap shoot for me. Did a +10 KR last night with some friends and my blood DK buddy got a 440 Geti'ikku (big upgrade for him). I was.... very... happy.... for him.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Anyone know if 8.3's quests have any sort of weapon rewards? Been trying to ditch this 410 PvP weapon, but M+ and raids have been a crap shoot for me. Did a +10 KR last night with some friends and my blood DK buddy got a 440 Geti'ikku (big upgrade for him). I was.... very... happy.... for him.

I've had a 430 version of that sword on my blood DK since the end of 8.1 and it's so BiS that I had it through the entirety of heroic raiding 8.2. I'm DONE WITH IT. Give me a new weapon ffs.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
The big draw of the 8.3 quests is the cloak, and I think that's all you get (outside some catchup-ish Azerite gear). Weapons will continue to be the struggle.

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA
I've had a 430 version of that sword on my blood DK since the end of 8.1 and it's so BiS that I had it through the entirety of heroic raiding 8.2. I'm DONE WITH IT. Give me a new weapon ffs.
I mean, he was using a 390 blue 2H, so I'm not exactly tilted, but like... It's unfortunately THAT good. Going from a 395 to a 410 was enough of a bump in DPS for my Ret Pally that the idea of getting a 440 2H (that one, no less) has my little peabrain melting. I wanna be a big DPS boy :(

Honestly I'm just a big jealous baby when it comes to loot.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I mean, he was using a 390 blue 2H, so I'm not exactly tilted, but like... It's unfortunately THAT good. Going from a 395 to a 410 was enough of a bump in DPS for my Ret Pally that the idea of getting a 440 2H (that one, no less) has my little peabrain melting. I wanna be a big DPS boy :(

You'll get there eventually. As much as I loved Legion my biggest dislike was the Artifact being the same appearance/model the whole expansion (yes, you can mog it or earn different ones but part of the fun is getting a -new- weapon) so I was like... back in Legion land for all of 8.2.

Which shouldn't be a bad thing in theory.... lol.

Just keep running M+. I believe in you!

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017

I know Horrific visions can drop stuff, but I don't know if that stuff includes weapons.
Per blizzard:
Items from Horrific Visions improve as you complete additional objectives, going from item level 420 up to item level 470 from a full clear with 5 masks active.

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA
You'll get there eventually. As much as I loved Legion my biggest dislike was the Artifact being the same appearance/model the whole expansion (yes, you can mog it or earn different ones but part of the fun is getting a -new- weapon) so I was like... back in Legion land for all of 8.2.

Which shouldn't be a bad thing in theory.... lol.

Just keep running M+. I believe in you!
I know Horrific visions can drop stuff, but I don't know if that stuff includes weapons.
Per blizzard:
Aye, it's nbd. Worrying about loot on the last week of a patch is possibly the dumbest thing I could do lol

Jag

Oct 26, 2017

Honestly I'm just a big jealous baby when it comes to loot.

Pretty sure the PVP conquest reward is usually a decent ilevel weapon which should bump up for S4. It's not ideal if you don't pvp, but it's also doable via regular pvp activities.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Can't imagine playing Mag'har anymore once standard Orcs get War paint/piercings/better hair. Especailly with those shithouse Mag'har racials

Cj9YTnnW0AAptTG.jpg

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all shitting on Allied Races, SMH. They have been fun and righteous for me! Lol. I haven't loved the acquisition process, like most players out there, but I love them in general. My main went from NE to Kul'Tiran and became a big boy druid that I instantly fell in love with all over again. My human priest (that went blood elf for a few expansions) returned to the Alliance and went Void Elf for that GOAT character model (the blood elf model), my lame human female mage (my first ever alt) found new life as an incredible looking Lightforged Draenei, and I rolled a maghar orc shaman and Zandalari Paladin on top of everything else because of how rad they look.

Vulpera tomorrow if I can scrounge 2.5k rep together!!

About the only misfires so far for me are Highmountain Tauren and Mechagnomes.

Dark Irons are super cool but I haven't done one up yet.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Zandalari or BUST

but I also like Mag'har and as someone who thinks orcs fucking suck man they're p cool.

KT humans would be cool if I could play them horde side.

Vulpera have the potential to creep me out like Pandas do but I'm gonna try one anyway. Allied Races were a success. I hope they're not being fully retired in the future and are more like taking an extended nap.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I like allied races in general, no real complaints other than Zando taking way too fucking long to actually release. Definitely wouldn't mind if it's something that keeps going. The new customization options coming in Shadowlands do seem to be blurring the lines a bit though so who knows.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Y'all shitting on Allied Races, SMH. They have been fun and righteous for me! Lol. I haven't loved the acquisition process, like most players out there, but I love them in general. My main went from NE to Kul'Tiran and became a big boy druid that I instantly fell in love with all over again. My human priest (that went blood elf for a few expansions) returned to the Alliance and went Void Elf for that GOAT character model (the blood elf model), my lame human female mage (my first ever alt) found new life as an incredible looking Lightforged Draenei, and I rolled a maghar orc shaman and Zandalari Paladin on top of everything else because of how rad they look.

Vulpera tomorrow if I can scrounge 2.5k rep together!!

About the only misfires so far for me are Highmountain Tauren and Mechagnomes.

Dark Irons are super cool but I haven't done one up yet.

I like Allied Races but it's frustrating having to level one to 120 to unlock their armor. Maybe I'm weird but I don't want to race change, I have to feel like I earned it. But the grind to 120 is just so tedious and time consuming that I don't want to do it anymore.

The Allied Race quality kind of varies too.
Highmountain look GREAT and have interesting racials
Nightborne look unfinished but have interesting racials
Dark Iron look great and have interesting racials along with that mole machine thing they can do
Lightforged look fine but are boring as fuck
Void Elves are probably the best looking and interesting too
KT are great
Zandalar are great
Vulps look great
Mechagnomes are the fucking WORST thing

For me though the most disappointing AR are the Mag'har just because their racials are so boring. Makes them very uninteresting to play for me because they don't have feel like they have a real "identity".

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I won't race change anyone until I've gotten the armor, yeah. My only complaint about the Zando (and the KT to a lesser extent) is that their story got saddled with this trainwreck of a "story" in BFA

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I did "race change one and level one" for both mag'har and zando. HM tauren i leveled a monk to 110 and haven't touched it since, and nightborne are fuckin gross so i didn't bother.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
The only Allied Race Heritage Armor I've actually unlocked is the Nightborne.

I like some of the others, but I don't level from scratch very much anymore. The only reason I got Nightborne is because a bunch of friends wanted to start WoW on a new realm.

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA
I changed my BE Pally over to a Zandalari Troll and have not regretted the change a bit. I don't care for their heritage armor either, so nothing lost there. I did level a Mag'har shaman from 0 to 120, since I quite like theirs, though.
I'm not sure how the weapon selection is made. For example, my BM hunter has a polearm available now but had a bow in earlier seasons. Conquest will definitely reset with the new season.
Ah, I believe you get a selection of items to choose from (it's a "quest" that you turn in at the PvP area) that sit in that slot. So I could pick a 1h for Holy, a shield for Prot, 2H for Ret, etc. I just mean like, I'm pretty sure my 'first' PvP items from 500 conquest have been weapons, and I wonder if it's going to be the 'first' one again once the season rolls over from 3 to 4.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I changed my BE Pally over to a Zandalari Troll and have not regretted the change a bit. I don't care for their heritage armor either, so nothing lost there. I did level a Mag'har shaman from 0 to 120, since I quite like theirs, though.

Ah, I believe you get a selection of items to choose from (it's a "quest" that you turn in at the PvP area) that sit in that slot. So I could pick a 1h for Holy, a shield for Prot, 2H for Ret, etc. I just mean like, I'm pretty sure my 'first' PvP items from 500 conquest has been a weapons, and I wonder if it's going to be the 'first' one again once the season rolls over from 3 to 4.

A weapon 5 ilvls lower than normal raid has been the first week conquest cap reward all expansion, afaik.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
there's only two races I won't play horde side just because of how they look and that's undead and Panda.

If they included different models for undead aside from just human then I'd do it but I guess that would be stepping on the death knight toes. Lore would have to be reworked to include them but it's already a cluster anyway so just throw in a line about Calia welcoming everyone into the forsaken or whatever.

Just assuming Calia ends up leading since she's the big focus rn with undead. Actually, what prophecies have been quoted that haven't been fulfilled in some way during BFA? And lol glad Khadgar disappeared at the beginning of BFA to search for answers and was just like "fuck all your nonsense. i'm gonna raise some ravens or something."

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
I love the Allied Races but I won't level a single one to max level until the new leveling changes. I won't race change so they are all going to be starting at 20, except for Dark Iron Dwarf which I did level a Paladin to 40 or something but stopped. I will unlock both the Gnome and Fox people and do the same.

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
I had a feeling there wouldn't be an 8.3.5 and Ion confirmed it in this interview:

First of all, just to get it out of the way, we currently don't have any 8.3.5 plans — there may be some small systems tweaks or updates for stability between now and Shadowlands, but Visions of N'Zoth is really the concluding chapter of Battle for Azeroth, and we're excited to focus our attention on Shadowlands and the upcoming beta for Shadowlands that'll be opening up over the course of the year.

Full steam ahead towards the Shadowlands alpha, then.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
The only reason an 8.3.5 would've made sense would be if they had a way to activate the new leveling systems and given how much of an overhaul that seems to be, they probably can't do it without the 9.0 patch anyway.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Damn. I'm sad that no 8.3.5 definitively rules out an early release of the squish and the refreshed leveling experience. That is truly the recipe for a perfect holdover while people wait between 8.3 and the expansion.

Hopefully it and the rest of 9.0 arrive early summer, vs Aug/Sept. Gonna be a long wait.

Somehow, as interesting as a lot of 8.3 content looks, I feel like it's going to lose steam fast vs 8.2.

What do people think the timeline's going to look like for this year? I don't want Shadowlands rushed, but I want a compelling flow of regular content, and waiting from Jan 8.3 to Aug/Sept 9.0 doesn't feel great.

The lack of a new dungeon in 8.3 sucks imo. The overall feeling of disappointment that I can't shake about 8.3 is that Nyalotha won't feel like a place. It's just a raid. Does that make sense? No new accompanying zone(s) or dungeon cements that feeling.

That said, I do love the concept of Corruption and corrupted gear seeping out into the world. All of Azeroth is kind of being threatened with becoming Nyalotha, an idea supported by Ion's interview comments. I look forward to actually playing 8.3 to see if corrupted gameplay mechanics, coupled with visions, coupled with invasions, coupled with the actual raid can all collectively tell and sell the story that they're shooting for.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I somehow haven't managed to notice how busted Nightborne apparently are. My most-played hordie is a Nightborne Hunter and I like how she looks...lol?

Jag

Oct 26, 2017

This is kinda nuts. They're really trying to finish BfA as fast as possible.

And this gem
Essences, however, build core player power and they are not that different from trinkets and items, so the dev team is frankly "unwilling to cross the line" and make them account-wide, but they are aware of certain inconsistencies in the system that will affect the development of similar systems going forward.

It's like they just keep being "aware of certain inconsistencies in the system" and yet keep doing it over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.