• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Watched all the 8.3 cutscenes. God Anduin is such a tool.

Also Horde being led by a council? Give me a break. Y'all just biding time until your True Warchief returns from the Maw.

At least Voss is sticking around to rep the Forsaken instead of that weirdo Calia.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Also Horde being led by a council? Give me a break. Y'all just biding time until your True Warchief returns from the Maw.
Soon, brother
tumblr_ottae9Myh91udtqnmo1_640.jpg

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Damn. I'm sad that no 8.3.5 definitively rules out an early release of the squish and the refreshed leveling experience. That is truly the recipe for a perfect holdover while people wait between 8.3 and the expansion.

Hopefully it and the rest of 9.0 arrive early summer, vs Aug/Sept. Gonna be a long wait.

Somehow, as interesting as a lot of 8.3 content looks, I feel like it's going to lose steam fast vs 8.2.

What do people think the timeline's going to look like for this year? I don't want Shadowlands rushed, but I want a compelling flow of regular content, and waiting from Jan 8.3 to Aug/Sept 9.0 doesn't feel great.

The lack of a new dungeon in 8.3 sucks imo. The overall feeling of disappointment that I can't shake about 8.3 is that Nyalotha won't feel like a place. It's just a raid. Does that make sense? No new accompanying zone(s) or dungeon cements that feeling.

That said, I do love the concept of Corruption and corrupted gear seeping out into the world. All of Azeroth is kind of being threatened with becoming Nyalotha, an idea supported by Ion's interview comments. I look forward to actually playing 8.3 to see if corrupted gameplay mechanics, coupled with visions, coupled with invasions, coupled with the actual raid can all collectively tell and sell the story that they're shooting for.

yeah the squish and leveling would have been perfect.

Im holding out until that because I wanna level my new Mag-har orc.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I unlocked the KT Humans now I have all the subraces unlocked I'm 100% not unlocking the Vulpera or Mechagnomes I don't like small races in wow.

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
Been unsubbed for months - have three chars all around 425-435 ilvl.... Rogue, mage and shaman. I also have a DH but it's maybe 400ilvl.

All similar necklace levels (mage has more rep / necklace skills ).

What should I play tomorrow? I can never decide.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
You don't have to do BFA loremaster on one character anymore for the KT humans or Z trolls also race and faction changes are on sale 30% off didn't see that advertised on the launcher I had to check twitter.

Oct 25, 2017
Damn. I'm sad that no 8.3.5 definitively rules out an early release of the squish and the refreshed leveling experience. That is truly the recipe for a perfect holdover while people wait between 8.3 and the expansion.

Hopefully it and the rest of 9.0 arrive early summer, vs Aug/Sept. Gonna be a long wait.

Somehow, as interesting as a lot of 8.3 content looks, I feel like it's going to lose steam fast vs 8.2.

What do people think the timeline's going to look like for this year? I don't want Shadowlands rushed, but I want a compelling flow of regular content, and waiting from Jan 8.3 to Aug/Sept 9.0 doesn't feel great.

The lack of a new dungeon in 8.3 sucks imo. The overall feeling of disappointment that I can't shake about 8.3 is that Nyalotha won't feel like a place. It's just a raid. Does that make sense? No new accompanying zone(s) or dungeon cements that feeling.

That said, I do love the concept of Corruption and corrupted gear seeping out into the world. All of Azeroth is kind of being threatened with becoming Nyalotha, an idea supported by Ion's interview comments. I look forward to actually playing 8.3 to see if corrupted gameplay mechanics, coupled with visions, coupled with invasions, coupled with the actual raid can all collectively tell and sell the story that they're shooting for.

I just cannot imagine the level squish going in the middle of an expansion, likely alongside any pre-shadowlands content comes with 9.0.

I guess technically the org/sw stuff is like a dungeon that you can 1-5 man though. Just not mythic+ which is disappointing to me.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I have been at work for 30 minutes and already I have removed things from walls and used a drill - both of which are not in my normal job parameters. I'm sweaty and gross. Can I go home and play 8.3 now?

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I'm switching to the Alliance with this patch I'm sick of the Horde I've been playing Horde side only for 11 something years I need a change.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Man, there's nothing that gets me quite excited as a major patch or expansion for my favourite game.
I'm amped.

Historically (esp. the last few years or so), server go-lives have been earlier than anticipated, right? 6pm ET is a loooong wait.

Hope everyone enjoys the first and last patch of BFA for 2020!
Depressing and exciting at the same time, haha.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Holy cow.. 3PM Eastern?

I need to figure out what I want to do with the game. My past is hardcore raiding, but some time has passed since my crew has been together and I don't plan to raid with new people. I have a couple guys around doing M+ but that's less fun when they carry me and my gear locks me into 15K less DPS.. and they learned the dugeons the fun way.

Maybe I just tinker around and hang in there until next xpack. Lately I've been doing dailies, transmog runs (with old achieves), 1-2 M+ per week.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Historically (esp. the last few years or so), server go-lives have been earlier than anticipated, right? 6pm ET is a loooong wait.

Almost always, but big content patches take awhile. The very earliest I would expect it would be around 3-4pm. Gives me some time to clear some work out too.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
What rituals do I need to perform today to trigger a Voldunai emissary today or tomorrow? I'll do NETHING

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
This been shared yet? Something I just saw on Reddit.

"Blue posts have confirmed that allied races start at 55 for DK, and will be eligible for heritage armor. Check wowhead news articles / blue watch.
So yeah, good to go."

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
He quoted a version of the Veronica Mars theme song at me so I repayed in kind!

I'm also sleepy as fuck. I got no sleep last night so I'm currently sitting at my desk wondering if I'll even get to play tonight. I hope I can just truck through it.

Maybe you will get lucky and it will be a throwback patch which crashes the world servers and causes rollbacks today!

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
It's sad the amount of things that they create that just die when an expansion is over, farm, garrison etc. I actually forgot the farm was even a thing to be honest.

This is the truth too. Essences, Islands, Warfronts... Lord. And I'm still steamed that they think people are going to want to grind out essences on multiple characters. Hard pass.

Islands were salvaged imo. I think the concept could be adapted for future expansions but they probably want to dump them along with the rest of BFA.

Warfronts are the very definition of "looks good on paper."

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
This is the truth too. Essences, Islands, Warfronts... Lord. And I'm still steamed that they think people are going to want to grind out essences on multiple characters. Hard pass.

Islands were salvaged imo. I think the concept could be adapted for future expansions but they probably want to dump them along with the rest of BFA.

Warfronts are the very definition of "looks good on paper."

Oh yeah Islands were something that when they announced sounded so fucking cool, and they ended up being not cool at all. I haven't done one since maybe a month after launch so not up to speed on how they are now, but I'm sure I will grind them out when the next expansion comes for the pets/mounts. I also expect them to not return after BFA, I actually expect pretty much everything they came up with this expansion to die a horrible death for the most part.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I like islands, the environments are cool and they got them to an enjoyable state.

I want them to reuse them for something, even just dumb singleplayer daily hubs.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Oh yeah Islands were something that when they announced sounded so fucking cool, and they ended up being not cool at all. I haven't done one since maybe a month after launch so not up to speed on how they are now, but I'm sure I will grind them out when the next expansion comes for the pets/mounts. I also expect them to not return after BFA, I actually expect pretty much everything they came up with this expansion to die a horrible death for the most part.

Island rewards actually make sense now and 8.3 added in caches to spend the doubloons on. I think they're fun with a real group but yeah they're toast.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I like islands, the environments are cool and they got them to an enjoyable state.

I want them to reuse them for something, even just dumb singleplayer daily hubs.
It's super annoying to have these cool Gilnean and Pandaren environments and you don't even have a chance to properly explore them. Like, Crestfall's in the game now, it's an area from WC2, but there's a chance you'll never see it because of how islands work? That's dumb.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I may try a few in 8.3 if they added things worth grinding for. I do want that parrot mount afterall.

There's a few mounts I still want but I got the Albatross from the islands so everything else is a bonus at this point. We'll get the AotC mount I'm sure but the albatross is so fucking goofy and I love it. I may just buy the shit I need for the bee mount. I can't imagine doing that grind for real.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
There's a few mounts I still want but I got the Albatross from the islands so everything else is a bonus at this point. We'll get the AotC mount I'm sure but the albatross is so fucking goofy and I love it. I may just buy the shit I need for the bee mount. I can't imagine doing that grind for real.

I haven't logged on in a few weeks but I am about 3/4 the way through the Bee mount just farming Jellies for about 15 minutes a day and killing the one rare guy. I don't ever do the events, not too bad but I can't imagine flying around more than 15 minutes doing it, shit is boring.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I haven't logged on in a few weeks but I am about 3/4 the way through the Bee mount just farming Jellies for about 15 minutes a day and killing the one rare guy. I don't ever do the events, not too bad but I can't imagine flying around more than 15 minutes doing it, shit is boring.

The last time I can remember grinding for a mount was for a talbuk in Nagrand during Wrath. I almost lost my mind. Never again.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
The last time I can remember grinding for a mount was for a talbuk in Nagrand during Wrath. I almost lost my mind. Never again.

Getting the Netherdrakes back in BC when they first unlocked the ability to get them was a fucking nightmare, I don't think anything has been that bad for me at least since. Granted I used to farm/grind shit in Everquest that makes anything in WoW look like child's play. I once stood in a single spot for a rare spawn for 32 hours straight. It was fucking great. But not really.

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA
Just visited my farm in Mists, haven't been there in a hot second, goddamn.

I miss it.
I'd actually like more chill stuff like that, tbh.

I think Islands could have worked better if they were designed as one long-form piece of content, and not a small, bite-sized piece of content to be repeated over and over, throughout the expansion. Make a smaller number of islands, but make them huge, and make them harder as you get further into the island, so that your ultimate goal is to progress through the whole island over the course of the expansion. Each patch could unlock a new chunk of each island. Rewards could be more set in stone, and ramp up with the difficulty curb with a rough pets -> t-mog -> mounts progression.

(Also, take out the PvP aspect. I have to imagine it was mainly an experiment in enemy AI capabilities, but the smartest move is pretty much always to ignore the other team and gather up big packs to burn down.)

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Is there an ERA guild or community in game? Aside from a few old friends I've been hoofing it around solo.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Is there an ERA guild or community in game? Aside from a few old friends I've been hoofing it around solo.

There's communities listed in the OP but hardly anyone uses them because BFA gutted the playerbase. We're online periodically though. As for a ERA guild - not really. I've recruited a good handful of folk here into my guild but it's by no means the "official" one.

Status
Not open for further replies.