• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Re: Islands they should have been tuned for single player. Make them like the withered training and you only have to do one or a few a week. Higher difficulty but worthwhile rewards.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea why Anduin blames Wrathion of all people for his father's death.

" Anduin punches Wrathion because Anduin blames Wrathion for the death of his father, King Varian Wrynn. Anduin is upset that Wrathion helped Garrosh escape his trial in Pandaria, which set the events of Warlords of Draenor into place. This expansion ended with Gul'dan returning to the main timeline, who killed Varian during the Assault on the Broken Shore at the start of Legion. "

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
" Anduin punches Wrathion because Anduin blames Wrathion for the death of his father, King Varian Wrynn. Anduin is upset that Wrathion helped Garrosh escape his trial in Pandaria, which set the events of Warlords of Draenor into place. This expansion ended with Gul'dan returning to the main timeline, who killed Varian during the Assault on the Broken Shore at the start of Legion. "

.... that's... wow

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Stealth best undocumented patch note:
No more pop-up yelling at you on alts saying you have an open HoA Essence slot!

Also, 20443/21000 Voldunai rep with no more WQs up. FML.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
It's kind of weird that they went back to WOD style daily areas for the zone invasions, but I'm surprisingly okay with it. I'm sure it was as simple a decision as "fewer assets and scripting required," but it's actually a nice change of pace from hearing the same 8 voiceovers as I rush to just do the kill objectives in a zone.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Are Pandas/Worgens/Goblins supposed to be getting the same level of customization as the others in Shadowlands?

They are 'core races' but Worg/Goblins just got new models and Pandas are getting dated

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Are Pandas/Worgens/Goblins supposed to be getting the same level of customization as the others in Shadowlands?

They are 'core races' but Worg/Goblins just got new models and Pandas are getting dated

The character customization they showed at Blizzcon was only "some of what's in store."

I assume every race will get new customization of some sort.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA

Pandaren and Goblins especially need a little TLC with customization, they suffer the most from chronic sameface.

Worgen could use a bit of love on that front too, but honestly I'm glad we're done with the cata models and animations finally.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
This quest chain intro to 8.3 is dope, but it's gonna get SO OLD on alts. It's long. I've been plugging away at it for over 2h and haven't even gotten the cape yet, lol. But I do take my time.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
This quest chain intro to 8.3 is dope, but it's gonna get SO OLD on alts. It's long. I've been plugging away at it for over 2h and haven't even gotten the cape yet, lol. But I do take my time.

Just got my cape. Yay legendaries again. And tmogged legendaries. My hunter is rocking Thori'dal, the Star's Fury.

I read somewhere that there is a skippable part for alts, but not sure how much yet. Wowhead said the intro quest is so long because the new mechanics and stuff can be very confusing.

Just did my first Vision. Just making a beeline for the boss I barely killed him in time. Only had about 200 sanity left. This is going to be interesting.

Last edited:

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I've over 2 and a half hours and I'm still plugging away. I just got my cloak, but, damn, the quest line never seems to end!

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I'm pretty sure the main goal of the questline is to make you forget that Kul'Tiras and Zandalar exist, and tbh I'm here for it.

Sotonian

Oct 25, 2017
As a kinda newish player, i dont think ive had to go to wowhead for a questline as much as this one just for where the hell to go

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Only had about an hour and a half to play last night and got through the Uldum portion and about to start the Pandaria part. This seems like an excessively long quest to get this shit going lol.

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I like this patch a fuckin lot

Corruption is fun

I adore the reuse of old zones... We have a huge empty world it's time they fill it back up :)

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I did last night was unlock Vulpera and create and boost a Vulpera Warrior.

Tonight I'll actually get around to the real 8.3 stuff.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I got an entire set of Benthic or whatever gear in an hour they also added a helper npc to the Naz intro quests so new players don't get their heads punched off.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Anyone have a general time on how long it might take to drag an alt through the new stuff? I completed it on my hunter last night since it's super brain dead and I was exhausted but I vastly prefer rogue these days. Hoping I don't have to spend 3 hours doing everything again lol.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
I know capes are capped at level 5 this week, so are we supposed to punch out all 5 if we can? I have enough horrific visions to do it solo, so I assume it's just kill the boss each time and not worry about the other objectives?

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know capes are capped at level 5 this week, so are we supposed to punch out all 5 if we can? I have enough horrific visions to do it solo, so I assume it's just kill the boss each time and not worry about the other objectives?

my friend said he killed an extra boss, I tried that and lost that run lol. I would not risk it and just kill thrall.

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA
If you just want cape upgrades, sure.

You can do a side objective once you have the Sanity Orb upgrade though. It can be a little dicey depending on your gear, but I cleared to the side area, used 2 orbs getting through it, popped my last one before heading to Thrall, and then took him out pretty easily. People who are in the 430-440 range, gear-wise, could probably squeeze in a second side objective, with proper planning, this week.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Quick guide to adorable Alpaca mount in Uldum. Just got mine. Most likely will get hotfixed.

You want to turn in Alpaca It Up and then have 6 other people turn in the quest as well while in a group with them.
Once this is done, the Alpaca procs a quest for you that instantly rewards Reins of the Springfur Alpaca.

A way to achieve this is to find the Alpaca, list a group in the group finder and then invite people and make them turn in the daily quest until you get the mount quest

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How is Varian's death Wrathion's fault again?

Edit: Ah right, WoD was kinda his fault

Status
Not open for further replies.