• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
That's correct. Weapon DPS is purely a function of ilvl, in the same way that primary stats are.

I'm also fairly confident that all weapons of a particular type have the exact same speed now. Think that changed in either Warlords or Legion.

Yeah, weapon speed has been normalized for a while. So basically ilvl is king, with the only caveat being certain corruptions. Infinite stars is worth like 10 ilvl for example.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
LiFmQ3O.png

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I found them about the same so far. Did a +1 (Kelsey) on my firs go just now. Wasn't close. But +2 would have been.
I have 3/3 and 1/1 in the tree so far (left side) and had a 474 cloak for that run.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I found them about the same so far. Did a +1 (Kelsey) on my firs go just now. Wasn't close. But +2 would have been.
I have 3/3 and 1/1 in the tree so far (left side) and had a 474 cloak for that run.
Kelsey definitely seems to be the easier choice, at least with the firey affix this week.

I think it'll hurt their viewership if they do this, tbh

Their viewership will definitely take a dip at first, but given how easily they can push people to the new platforms in their own launcher, I'm skeptical it's going to be that big a deal. Everyone's trying to erode Twitch's dominance so it's no surprise after so many big names started moving to other platforms, and the impact will probably be negligible in the long term for the big companies.

It's the streamers who face a harder time, since they're going to be more immediately impacted by the events no longer being on their platform.

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
I find it pretty dubious that people will have trouble moving over to youtube...

They tried it with one of the big Counter-Strike leagues. It wasn't as much of a disaster as ESL going exclusive to Facebook but viewerships dropped quite substantially. People, for whatever reason, are incredibly loyal to Twitch.

BeepBoop

Nov 24, 2019
They tried it with one of the big Counter-Strike leagues. It wasn't as much of a disaster as ESL going exclusive to Facebook but viewerships dropped quite substantially. People, for whatever reason, are incredibly loyal to Twitch.

If you follow like 10, 20, or whatever amount of people on Twitch, it is easier to just stick to Twitch since you have many other choices that just fill up the time you used to spend watching that particular thing instead of changing to some other site. There is a thing where viewers will just go to someone else on the same platform to fill the void, it is just Twitch is the majority of Live Streaming in terms of # of people and that.

Is anyone going to realistically keep like 4 different streaming platforms open and keep checking between them if things go Live?

I imagine for the people who left Twitch (ninja, shroud, etc), the viewers who moved with them were probably only watching those streamers and nothing really else on Twitch.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati

lol. The Druid I just did, was an alt that leveled fully through AV from 110 during the anniversary so even now this dude is still wearing 200 ilevel rings and shit. Surprised I was able to actually kill shit.

Edit: Also and maybe it's just me, but does this World Boss seem to have a higher drop rate than normal? I am 7/10 from drops from her, and 2 of them got a drop on both the normal and token roll.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Failed another vision run because of that bouncing bullshit. There's literally no skill involved with something like that and it's also incredibly unfun. I'm so goddamned angry right now.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A ton of level 6 key spam this weekend.

Its kinda crazy to see ilvl 445 gear that can get corruption bonus drop from a chest like that.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Failed another vision run because of that bouncing bullshit. There's literally no skill involved with something like that and it's also incredibly unfun. I'm so goddamned angry right now.

Yeah, i'm doing the bare minimum on my alts in SW and saving the vessels for next week. Hopefully the affix won't be as punishing.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I don't know why I was thinking of this today, but I wonder what class or spec would make a good ranged plate and melee cloth? Those are the two outliers in terms of armor type representation. Moving something like unholy DK to range would piss off folks just like the survival hunter change. I doubt it's something they'll ever do, but I was having a hard time thinking of good possibilities.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I don't know why I was thinking of this today, but I wonder what class or spec would make a good ranged plate and melee cloth? Those are the two outliers in terms of armor type representation. Moving something like unholy DK to range would piss off folks just like the survival hunter change. I doubt it's something they'll ever do, but I was having a hard time thinking of good possibilities.
I've long fantasized about a ranged Paladin spec that used holy magic to deal damage. In the olden days this was almost viable with Holy Spec, but that died pretty fast.

I imagine a blademaster class could make melee cloth a thing? But so many abilities that would go to them are spread across other classes right now so that doesn't seem super likely.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I've long fantasized about a ranged Paladin spec that used holy magic to deal damage. In the olden days this was almost viable with Holy Spec, but that died pretty fast.

I imagine a blademaster class could make melee cloth a thing? But so many abilities that would go to them are spread across other classes right now so that doesn't seem super likely.
OOoo, that's a good call. I could see that being really flashy if they did the effects right.

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao I failed my first horrific vision. I thought I could run to the cathedral and shadowmeld but that didn't work, of course. Couldn't kill Alleria as a Disc before sanity reached 0.

Boo. Lesson learned

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao I failed my first horrific vision. I thought I could run to the cathedral and shadowmeld but that didn't work, of course. Couldn't kill Alleria as a Disc before sanity reached 0.

Boo. Lesson learned

Swapped my Priest to Shadow so I can solo the Visions. Normally main Holy but I know Disc well too.

FLEABttn

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone going to realistically keep like 4 different streaming platforms open and keep checking between them if things go Live?

is the implication here that people watch OWL because it's simply on and not because they particularly care for it specifically? Because if I like OWL and I know when the games are on and the only thing I have to do it head over to youtube instead of twitch, that's a *real* low bar of stuff I need to do to watch it.

BeepBoop

Nov 24, 2019
is the implication here that people watch OWL because it's simply on and not because they particularly care for it specifically? Because if I like OWL and I know when the games are on and the only thing I have to do it head over to youtube instead of twitch, that's a *real* low bar of stuff I need to do to watch it.

Well I imagine most people have a priority of Streamers to watch, maybe OWL is #2 and you only watch it when #1 isn't on, but if #1 and #3 are on Twitch and 1 ends and 3 is on, you are just gonna probably stick to Twitch and not watch OWL since it requires extra effort to go elsewhere

With OWL having home games this Season the times it is on also wont be as easily known because they are being played at local stadium times instead of set times per week

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I mean I love Khadgar as well and would love for him to come back, but all this kill off Magni talk is some slander dammit.
The other part with Magni (much like the rest of BFA) is the sense that his grand plotline has led us to this. When he popped up again in Legion, with what seemed like a great purpose, it was kind of exciting and there were hints at something interesting going on when he joined us on Argus. But now he just sits around in the chamber and guides us into doing things that ultimately further N'Zoth's plans until MOTHER catches a lucky break and fixes everything.

He's kinda... worthless? Like, if you removed him from BFA and just had it be the Cenarion Circle and Earthen Ring trying to fix everything, nothing would change.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
The other part with Magni (much like the rest of BFA) is the sense that his grand plotline has led us to this. When he popped up again in Legion, with what seemed like a great purpose, it was kind of exciting and there were hints at something interesting going on when he joined us on Argus. But now he just sits around in the chamber and guides us into doing things that ultimately further N'Zoth's plans until MOTHER catches a lucky break and fixes everything.

He's kinda... worthless? Like, if you removed him from BFA and just had it be the Cenarion Circle and Earthen Ring trying to fix everything, nothing would change.

Exactly this. And you can kinda feel that Blizzard felt the same way to an extent by making him accompany you in the new scenarios and being pretty strong (as he probably should be considering) but then he just stops again. He's barely present - and he failed his mission IMO - there's still a giant sword STUCK IN THE PLANET

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Hrmm, maybe he isn't annoying to me because I play with the sound off at all times. Anyway, I have always liked Magni and I hope they continue to use him in some way.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So far the new bosses seem pretty cool. Got to 5/12 heroic, and could've been 6 as we got the dog boss down pretty close but ran out of time.

I got to 38 corruption after resistances and the eye/circle zone you need to run out gets huge at that level compared to when you're at 20 haha.

Everything else about this patch has been kinda disappointing so far.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I'd like to see Garrosh getting spanked for eternity in the maw, personally.

Enough brown orc melodrama.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Lor'themar and Thallysra are totally absent for all of Shadowlands, then show up at the very end totally unaware of what's been going on cuz they've been fucking the whole time.

Status
Not open for further replies.