• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I think this comparison fails a bit due to the timeframe between corruption drops being much, much shorter than legiondaries. You can get multiple corrupted items a day.
It's not as bad as the legiondaries, but the disappointment is just as crippling when you get a bad corruption or none at all on something that then fails to be an upgrade.

I do actually still like the core idea of the system at least, it just feels like something that an expansion should've been built around rather than slap it all into a patch.

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA
What's interesting (read: mind-boggling) about the corruptions is how they put in some CLEARLY VERY STRONG ones with ones like... "you get 6% more crit from all sources" and "you get 8% of your mastery as avoidance". Like we had a warlock in our raid last night who had 18.7% of his damage on Wrathion from Infinite Stars. Our tank is routinely doing 40k+ DPS single-target with echoing void, and is typically in the top 3 on AoE fights. In a raid of 20-25 people. There is no universe where you can compete with that with a +stat% corruption without the magnitude of the bonus being HUGE.

They really should have cut the pool down so there wasn't this huge discrepancy between the people who get the good ones and the people who don't.
Yeah, I told my friend yesterday to not cleanse a single thing because these were bound to get adjusted multiple times. I'm going to laugh if void ritual is good.

I feel bad for anybody that adjusted the gear today before the news came out. At least EU knows for their M+ chest.
Void ritual is already "fine" for some people, if you're in a group with multiple people running it. Will be interesting to see how much it gets buffed. If the secondary stat boost become significant, I could see it being pretty solid.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I think this comparison fails a bit due to the timeframe between corruption drops being much, much shorter than legiondaries. You can get multiple corrupted items a day.

Yeah, the more I sit on it and think about it the shittier I feel for the players affected. The ones in here who know me know i'm very much "lol WoW players amirite" but this is pretty dumb. I don't think Blizz is approaching this well at all.

In a perfect world: I'd have no WF/TF/Cor but I like Corruption more than WF just because there's a way for players to make choices - even if they are very easy/obvious choices. It's a bit better to me than, say, "oh this thing got 40+ item levels for nothing aside from me doing 5 minutes of World Quests." In theory, I like the idea of risk/reward though I feel the risk is way too punishing for tank specs right now, lol.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So far as Blood having up to 39 corruption has been fine for me in normal Nyalotha and M+ up to 10 in some dungeons. Beyond that we'll see but you should be okay if you have up to that much.

FloBoJo

Nov 5, 2017
Weekly M+ chest: I got a "Get vers when hit" corruption :)

I fucking hate this system :)
My man, same here. Either Blizz thinks my rogue is a tank or I do Mythic +s for PvP. Someone in guild pointedly responded, "You're assuming Blizz thinks."
Still nice to go from 440 to 465 on gloves though with a gem.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I did islands with 75 corruption last night.

That was fine because islands are sleepwalking now but LOL if I attempted tanking with that shit I'd go out of my mind. Bracers are staying in the bag for the foreseeable future.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
So far as Blood having up to 39 corruption has been fine for me in normal Nyalotha and M+ up to 10 in some dungeons. Beyond that we'll see but you should be okay if you have up to that much.
Yeah, 39 seems to be the soft cap for everyone if you're not looking to mess up mechanics. Out in the world you can go ham, so that's cool at least.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I really wanted the sword N'zoth drops at first but after playing with corruption some, I'm not sure it's worth the 75 it brings with it. It'll be a good while before you can wear another piece with that much, if ever. I've a feeling I'll be sticking with my Sk'shuul Vaz.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I really wanted the sword N'zoth drops at first but after playing with corruption some, I'm not sure it's worth the 75 it brings with it. It'll be a good while before you can wear another piece with that much, if ever. I've a feeling I'll be sticking with my Sk'shuul Vaz.

I would take the weapons off Maut or N'Zoth but yeah the corruption kinda limits their viability and cleansing them... doesn't make them better than what I have right now.

So that's a thing.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Also WTF was Blizzard thinking with the weekly Lost Area Madness?

Have fun doing Umbric with the slow in combat thingy. Really considering slotting the Ripple in Space essence (ground targetted blink) because for some reason you cant Wild Charge to it.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017

Have fun doing Umbric with the slow in combat thingy. Really considering slotting the Ripple in Space essence (ground targetted blink) because for some reason you cant Wild Charge to it.

Did it yesterday with a 5 man group and it easily cost us doing all 4 areas. Had some high DPS melee and it was broken across the board. First areas melee couldn't stand in the DPS buff circles because we couldn't pull range mobs over, fine. Fire foot shit sucks all around.. then the slow areas good grief. Melee was stuck out of mob range way too often while range didn't have to worry with this mechanic much.

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA

It's so bad. I've been getting 4-chest + Thrall consistently in Org, but struggling to even finish 4 zones in Stormwind because of all the movement effects.

FloBoJo

Nov 5, 2017
Anyone got one of the masks yet? Is that a drop by killing something or doing a full 4-area clear, or are there like hidden things I should be trying to click on? The dialog box for all are as vague as can be.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Anyone got one of the masks yet? Is that a drop by killing something or doing a full 4-area clear, or are there like hidden things I should be trying to click on? The dialog box for all are as vague as can be.

First mask you get for doing all 5 objectives, so all 4 corrupted areas and the main boss. The others all come from wearing one mask and finishing a specific corrupted area. Getting all 5 masks is pretty easy, the hard part is going to be using all 5 and completing the entire thing.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Soon today, we're going to make the following adjustments in a single hotfix:
  • Echoing Void damage has been reduced by 50%.
    • Echoing Void no longer deals reduced damage in PvP combat.
  • Deadly Momentum's buff duration has been increased to 30 seconds (was 15 seconds).
  • Void Ritual's stat bonus per stack has been approximately doubled at each rank.
  • Surging Vitality's Versatility value has been increased by 10%.
  • Avoidant now subjects you to 20% less Corruption at each rank.

Oh. So glad I got rid of those useless VRs on my solo toons. sigh.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I know there won't be an 8.3.5 but I wish they would release more horrific visions or expand on it as an AU.

Where does Arator go?

Where do the civilians Garona and I evacuate go to?

Anduin is very conspicuously absent as well (along with all the other big players). His throne room/castle/whatever is oddly sectioned off from the main corrupted areas.

Why is N'zoth building an army and forging all these weapons? Who is left for him to even fight at this point? The Lightbound?

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I know there won't be an 8.3.5 but I wish they would release more horrific visions or expand on it as an AU.

Where does Arator go?

Where do the civilians Garona and I evacuate go to?

Anduin is very conspicuously absent as well (along with all the other big players). His throne room/castle/whatever is oddly sectioned off from the main corrupted areas.

Why is N'zoth building an army and forging all these weapons? Who is left for him to even fight at this point? The Lightbound?

Maybe we release Sargeras in a last ditch attempt to stop the Void lol

Oct 25, 2017
what better way to end this expac? fuck up the only things still good - raids and cinematics. and the art design sucks for this raid.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Hey, Nyalotha is cool in that first room with Wrathion and the portal to the world being torn open.

okay that's it

BolognaOni

Oct 27, 2017
This patch man... I dunno. Always happy to have people logging in and raids going again but outside of that it's just not very much fun.

Beta for Azeroth really not feeling hyperbolic at this point.

cartographer

Oct 25, 2017
I think beyond these raiders being annoyed at the bugs you could tell they were just disappointed that there wasn't anything else to the fight. It's just a long period doing the same thing over and over. I know some viewers were hoping that there was just some solution out there and it was this amazing, creative process to find it. But it's just shooting him over and over. The most interesting thing they were doing was adjusting their pool placement and once the fight started working correctly, most of that wasn't necessary.

I think there had to have been something else at some point. Maybe it got cut a while ago, maybe it didn't work once it was live. The in-game indicators (the shield, the clickable gate, the RP) and the unused datamined abilities seem to point that way.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
I think beyond these raiders being annoyed at the bugs you could tell they were just disappointed that there wasn't anything else to the fight. It's just a long period doing the same thing over and over. I know some viewers were hoping that there was just some solution out there and it was this amazing, creative process to find it. But it's just shooting him over and over. The most interesting thing they were doing was adjusting their pool placement and once the fight started working correctly, most of that wasn't necessary.

I think there had to have been something else at some point. Maybe it got cut a while ago, maybe it didn't work once it was live. The in-game indicators (the shield, the clickable gate, the RP) and the unused datamined abilities seem to point that way.
It's pretty clear this patch was "rushed" and a lot of stuff got cut.

Doctor Doggo

Oct 25, 2017
Hey ya'll, so I've been playing for the last couple of months and slowly leveling up. I just got to for the first time ever (haven't played since the middle of MOP), and I was reading that you need to discover all of Draneor to be able to fly there? Does that mean literally discovering all the shrouded areas on the map? I'm not too worried about it, as leveling as been pretty quick, but just curious.

Thanks!

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Hey ya'll, so I've been playing for the last couple of months and slowly leveling up. I just got to for the first time ever (haven't played since the middle of MOP), and I was reading that you need to discover all of Draneor to be able to fly there? Does that mean literally discovering all the shrouded areas on the map? I'm not too worried about it, as leveling as been pretty quick, but just curious.

Thanks!

Oh, it's a lot more than just discovering the map unfortunately.

FloBoJo

Nov 5, 2017

Thanks!
It's quite a bit more involved than that. For Warlords/Legion/BfA you unlock flying through the meta achievement called Pathfinder. Generally that means finishing all story arcs within a zone and maxing out all associated reputations. More than likely you'll be 120 by the time you get it.

<---Still can't fly in Draenor. I did get my Broken Isles wings a few months ago though (took off from 2009-2018).

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Legion and BFA will probably still require pathfinder for the foreseeable future but they'll probably drop the requirement for WoD once 9.0 hits, so no real reason to push for that unless you really want that ugly chimera mount.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
WoD pathfinder requires you to pick up 100 treasures because blizz devs were mad that people didn't waste their time picking up useless junk they so carefully placed around frustrating spot in the map.
never forget that time when they said it was unfair to the art team that you skipped mobs in a tower.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Legion and BFA will probably still require pathfinder for the foreseeable future but they'll probably drop the requirement for WoD once 9.0 hits, so no real reason to push for that unless you really want that ugly chimera mount.

I'm curious to see if they leave all the old xpac pathfinder requirements intact once 9.0 hits. Given that every expansion area will have level parity at 10-50, newer/lapsed players having to jump through a bunch of extra hoops to level in anything that launched after Pandaria would be a pretty dumb choice and sort of force people out of those options.

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
Nicely done !
I've been following the race quite regularly for the past week in the background, it was nice.
Also : Twitch chat... I have no words.

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
So happy for Max and Limit, they've been RIGHT there for years and always miss it just barely. They were firing on all cylinders this raid and had such good composure.

Also love Max's tweet saying "if you're in Method's chat right now trolling them and not in ours celebrating, you're no fan of ours"

Status
Not open for further replies.