• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
Even though I have all the pathfinder achievements, I'll be happy if they remove them in 9.0. Leave the achievement in for the mounts though as they all have pretty unique mounts (although I can't remember what the Legion one was).

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Even though I have all the pathfinder achievements, I'll be happy if they remove them in 9.0. Leave the achievement in for the mounts though as they all have pretty unique mounts (although I can't remember what the Legion one was).
Legion technically didn't have one, but getting pathfinder was a prerequisite to unlocking the class mounts.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco

I think that perhaps they'll remove them for the Big Squish so that you can fly at your leisure when leveling wherever you want.

They'll probably keep flying disabled for first-time players though.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
I think that perhaps they'll remove them for the Big Squish so that you can fly at your leisure when leveling wherever you want.

They'll probably keep flying disabled for first-time players though.

I don't see them doing that as flying is required for Cata. They might add a gold cost for flying in each expansion though.

cartographer

Oct 25, 2017
Same. Have them all. Would give zero shits if they just gave them all to everybody tomorrow.

I think at least current content Pathfinder ends up being a massive retention tool though, same with Allied Races.

FLEABttn

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got one before the Euros did. Imagine how president Yang would boost the US raid scene once everyone gets $1000/mo.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm semi-OK with a small fee for character services, but man is it ever egregious how high the costs are.
It's going to cost me $70 CDN to faction and server transfer a character so that I can play with my horde buddies on a new server. Meanwhile, it's only $5 more to buy a boost outright. wtf

-B

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
don't worry guys 8.3.5 is JUST around the corner
couch-potato-to-the-bitter-end-picture-id459401203

Skai

Oct 27, 2017
It's funny, I never really cared for WF, but I actually watched quite a bit of Limit and watch the final kill which was pretty awesome!

cartographer

Oct 25, 2017

Holy crap that is a lot of cash.

The guy that manages their gold and BoEs was on stream recently and said he ~500 million gold total available to him if he needed it. He also estimated Limit and Method's combined BoE bill to be well in excess of 500 million.

The BoE market is always a big deal for these guilds, but with the addition of corruption (and the power level of correct corruptions far outstripping the power level of titanforging) it got really insane, apparently.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Brontosaur's, I finally got mine today. After I restock some supplies, I'm going to start using my gold to transfer characters over to my mains server.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Legion and BFA will probably still require pathfinder for the foreseeable future but they'll probably drop the requirement for WoD once 9.0 hits, so no real reason to push for that unless you really want that ugly chimera mount.
They either have to remove pathfinder requirement from all old content or none, anything else doesn't make sense. The way leveling in 9.0 will be setup is that we'll be able to level 1-50 in all non-Shadowlands zones. So if some zones require massive grind to unlock flying majority of players will not want to level in those zones.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
I've been bitten

I have the WoW fever again

just resubbed over the weekend for the first time since dazalor (prior to that I quit in MoP).

love the new zones I missed, Mechagon, nazjtar and now the nyaloth questline

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
They either have to remove pathfinder requirement from all old content or none, anything else doesn't make sense. The way leveling in 9.0 will be setup is that we'll be able to level 1-50 in all non-Shadowlands zones. So if some zones require massive grind to unlock flying majority of players will not want to level in those zones.
I mean, they don't really have to worry about that either since you're locked to leveling through BFA the first time through anyway. They can keep flight the way it is or change it, but other expansions don't have to factor into that at all yet.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I've been bitten

I have the WoW fever again

just resubbed over the weekend for the first time since dazalor (prior to that I quit in MoP).

love the new zones I missed, Mechagon, nazjtar and now the nyaloth questline

Well I wouldn't see you picked the best time ever to resub, but it's at least the best time since the launch of BfA. Mechagon and Nazjatar are pretty cool, they just wear out their welcome after a couple of weeks.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
No zones require flying to level through, so they could keep it exactly the same as it is now, it wouldn't matter. Now, they should change anything from before BFA anyway, but if they don't then they don't.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
No zones require flying to level through, so they could keep it exactly the same as it is now, it wouldn't matter. Now, they should change anything from before BFA anyway, but if they don't then they don't.
Icecrown, Storm Peaks and most Cata zones actually do require flying, but they're the only notable exceptions here. MoP's course correction on level design stuck ever since at least, so nothing else requires flying outside of explicitly endgame areas.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Icecrown, Storm Peaks and most Cata zones actually do require flying, but they're the only notable exceptions here. MoP's course correction on level design stuck ever since at least, so nothing else requires flying outside of explicitly endgame areas.

Sorry I was talking about Pathfinder expansion zones, all of those others you can just buy flying and be ready to go.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Ah, then yes you're totally right. They don't really have to change anything, and since you're on a locked route through the latest expansion the first time through anyway you don't really get to factor in flight or not.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah, then yes you're totally right. They don't really have to change anything, and since you're on a locked route through the latest expansion the first time through anyway you don't really get to factor in flight or not.
I returned to WoW about a year ago. So I do have BfA pathfinder achievement but I don't have any of the previous ones. So when I want to level an alt in 9.0 I'll be able to fly in all legacy content at level 30 except WoD and Legion zones (I'm assuming this will be the new flying level as everything gets halved?). That would be really strange system.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I returned to WoW about a year ago. So I do have BfA pathfinder achievement but I don't have any of the previous ones. So when I want to level an alt in 9.0 I'll be able to fly in all legacy content at level 30 except WoD and Legion zones (I'm assuming this will be the new flying level as everything gets halved?). That would be really strange system.
It's no different than it is now, though. You can hit max level and have run through every expansion, but if you missed doing something for Legion pathfinder then you can't fly there even though you might be able to in Draenor and BFA.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati

It's a weird system in general, although it's no different than what it is currently. If you have BFA pathfinder but not WoD or Legion you still can't fly in those zones. Pathfinder in general is just kind of dumb, I don't get the hate they have for flying, once people get through the zones the first time I don't really need to walk or use ground mounts anymore. I doubt it's going to change though as it's one of the few things they haven't budged on in terms of player feedback. I get exalted with every faction in the game anyway so in the end it's not a huge deal to me, but I just hate that it takes until like the 3rd major patch for it to unlock.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
They gated the fucking Uldum egg/wasp mount quest line behind a pet battle.

I've been doing these damn things every day for a couple weeks and now I need to do a pet battle to proceed... which I have ignored for years. Fuck them.

It's a dumb thing but I think this ends my WoW revisit after a couple months. I've really struggled to find a place since my friends are raiding Mythic (not happening) and doing M+. I can do the latter fine but I can't catch my friends gear-wise so they either drop down to a level I can handle or carry me. Neither is rewarding.

FLEABttn

Oct 25, 2017
I suspect flying is one of those things that the dev team in retrospect thinks is a mistake but that they can't put the genie back into the bottle.

Also old expansion flying should just inherently be unlocked when you get flying from a newer expansion at this point. I can't fly in draenor and you can't convince me to ever use that area because of that.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017

I've been doing these damn things every day for a couple weeks and now I need to do a pet battle to proceed... which I have ignored for years. Fuck them.

It's a dumb thing but I think this ends my WoW revisit after a couple months. I've really struggled to find a place since my friends are raiding Mythic (not happening) and doing M+. I can do the latter fine but I can't catch my friends gear-wise so they either drop down to a level I can handle or carry me. Neither is rewarding.

That sucks. I'm a huge pet battler and it's easy to 2 pet this one if you have the right pets. I think if you miss it, you only lose one day? So maybe just skip this daily and do the others.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati

All you need is an Zandalari Kneebiter and an Unborn Val'kyr and you can do all of them easily. I know it sucks, but if you are willing to get those two pets you can do it, you can also just skip the pet battle quests and just do the other one where you fight mobs with pet instead, it will take longer but still possible to do without ever doing a pet battle.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
All you need is an Zandalari Kneebiter and an Unborn Val'kyr and you can do all of them easily. I know it sucks, but if you are willing to get those two pets you can do it, you can also just skip the pet battle quests and just do the other one where you fight mobs with pet instead, it will take longer but still possible to do without ever doing a pet battle.

That sucks. I'm a huge pet battler and it's easy to 2 pet this one if you have the right pets. I think if you miss it, you only lose one day? So maybe just skip this daily and do the others.

Oh ok well maybe I'm overreacting. I thought I was stuck on this particular quest rather than it being a rotating thing. I did pet battles during 1 xpack but literally have like 2 decent pets. I'm not getting into it again.

It still doesn't solve the greater issues I have with the game but am sort of in a spot where I think I will finish this mount and Legion flying, then stop. I might finish the class quests from Legion.

The M+ thing bugs me because I love doing them but A) I don't know the dungeons well and B) ilvl.

Learning them is tough because shit melts on heroic and my gang is into 15+ stuff where I cap around 11 or so if we're going to complete them ahead of the timer. I was starting to close the gear gap but now they are getting items from the heroic and mythic raid.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
It's also possible to do with just a Dream Whelpling or a Green Protowhelp, but there's a fair bit of luck involved with that too.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Stupid question, but what does "push" mean in the Mythic+ finder? I see that next to some runs.

Bregor

Oct 27, 2017
They want to complete the key as fast as possible to rank it up as much as they can. And certainly not "just complete".

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
As a general rule, none of the pre-expansion novels are good. They mostly exist to explain why characters turn bad or who that non-Thrall character in the cinematic was.

They're sometimes enjoyable pulpy reads, but don't go in expecting anything with a semblance of reason.

Sain

Nov 13, 2017
Yeah, they are always just okay/above average. Some fun exposition, and enough to whet my appetite in a summer pre-expansion drought. I'll def. pick it up, but not expecting anything earth shattering.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I would assume that Talanji saving Bwonsamdi would probably square them regarding the deal Rastakhan made.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I haven't played in ages and my Shaman is 110, are there any tricks or skanks to get to 120 fast? I've done all the content before so I'm happy to skip through as much as possible, I just wanna get to max level ASAP.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played in ages and my Shaman is 110, are there any tricks or skanks to get to 120 fast? I've done all the content before so I'm happy to skip through as much as possible, I just wanna get to max level ASAP.

I haven't personally done it, but I've heard that the Faction Assault world quests that are up once or twice a day give great XP / time and also (I think) provide you with a moderate XP buff afterwards. Wowhead has the schedule for them on its front page.

BolognaOni

Oct 27, 2017
No kidding. I just can't take doing those dailies. Think I'm around 1/3 through honored with both factions and I was just ready to give up. Think I can stick it out for revered.

Status
Not open for further replies.