• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Cutting the requirements down to revered puts it in line with the amount of time it took to get to exalted for the essences with the 8.2 reps, so good riddance.

BolognaOni

Oct 27, 2017
It's the little things that just seem designed to piss us off. Vessels don't stack. Currency cap on Coalescing Visions is obnoxiously low. Whyyyyyyyyyy?

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finally unlocked Vulpera, Shaman incoming :D
I was so excited for Vulpera, unlocked them, created a hunter and then realized just how tiny they are. For some reason I had mental image of them being a lot larger. I never liked small characters in WoW, they feel unsatisfying to play because you can hardly see armor and animations. Hopefully you have better experience than me.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
I was so excited for Vulpera, unlocked them, created a hunter and then realized just how tiny they are. For some reason I had mental image of them being a lot larger. I never liked small characters in WoW, they feel unsatisfying to play because you can hardly see armor and animations. Hopefully you have better experience than me.
In general I prefer smaller characters, so I think I will :)

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played in ages and my Shaman is 110, are there any tricks or skanks to get to 120 fast? I've done all the content before so I'm happy to skip through as much as possible, I just wanna get to max level ASAP.

- 4x Faction Assault WQs Daily + the final quest to get a good chunk of xp + a buff to XP gain for an hour
- There are 1h XP potions (Draught of Ten Lands, I think) off the Island Expedition vendors -- you may need to have a 120 already to buy those
- Heirlooms now go up to 120. You can also now upgrade heirlooms all the way with just gold and not various esoteric currencies and processes
- Island Expeditions themselves are still (I think?) the fastest way to get to 120, in terms of xp/min. I find them fairly dull after awhile though, so I still quest and shit.
- Find gear with a socket and get the new gem, Insightful Rubellite -- it's +5% XP. Should be cheap on the AH. Look for green 111 rings if you need a socket.
- You can use your 110 legendaries through to level 115. If you have a bunch of Wakening Essence from patch 7.3, you can go buy specific leggos I think, which could speed up leveling for you too.
- The addon Azeroth Auto-Pilot is super cool. Look into it. Lets you kind of zone out and get into the moment-to-moment gameplay instead of worrying about navigating and quest turn-ins, etc. (which I love the first couple of times I level in a new expansion, but tire of afterward)

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
- 4x Faction Assault WQs Daily + the final quest to get a good chunk of xp + a buff to XP gain for an hour
- There are 1h XP potions (Draught of Ten Lands, I think) off the Island Expedition vendors -- you may need to have a 120 already to buy those
- Heirlooms now go up to 120. You can also now upgrade heirlooms all the way with just gold and not various esoteric currencies and processes
- Island Expeditions themselves are still (I think?) the fastest way to get to 120, in terms of xp/min. I find them fairly dull after awhile though, so I still quest and shit.
- Find gear with a socket and get the new gem, Insightful Rubellite -- it's +5% XP. Should be cheap on the AH. Look for green 111 rings if you need a socket.
- You can use your 110 legendaries through to level 115. If you have a bunch of Wakening Essence from patch 7.3, you can go buy specific leggos I think, which could speed up leveling for you too.
- The addon Azeroth Auto-Pilot is super cool. Look into it. Lets you kind of zone out and get into the moment-to-moment gameplay instead of worrying about navigating and quest turn-ins, etc. (which I love the first couple of times I level in a new expansion, but tire of afterward)

Cheers!

Oct 25, 2017
I hit half a million GOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLD.
(again, I've had like 600k before lol)

Yay potions!
Then I spent a bunch of it on two more tokens lol.

Also so I still need two guild charter sigs (Smykowski on Shu'halo in Stormwind).
Don't wanna spam this thread with this anymore after this, so I'll give it a couple hours then try to get it through trade chat.

Thanks to anyone who responds.

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
The grind for Vulpera and Zandalari trolls might kill me.

I really want to race change my Tauren Druid to a Ztroll though.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
So, what's the point of grinding out these 8.3 reps other than those essences? Just the mounts? That was a promising aspect back in MOP but the game has had such mount inflation since WOD, I don't really see the purpose? Especially for a bunch of old, recolored mounts that make up the rep mounts. And Ion said no 8.3.5 so I don't think I need to have the rep ready if they were to announce playable Mogu.

Just figuring if it's even worth my time other than being a completionist. Otherwise I might just farm transmog/alts until Shadowlands if I play at all.

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
So, what's the point of grinding out these 8.3 reps other than those essences? Just the mounts? That was a promising aspect back in MOP but the game has had such mount inflation since WOD, I don't really see the purpose? Especially for a bunch of old, recolored mounts that make up the rep mounts. And Ion said no 8.3.5 so I don't think I need to have the rep ready if they were to announce playable Mogu.

Just figuring if it's even worth my time other than being a completionist. Otherwise I might just farm transmog/alts until Shadowlands if I play at all.
I just did it to get the essence. Having it locked to Exalted was super dumb.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017

I'm with you. I haven't done anything the past few days and may just wait or level an alt.

Honestly though if Shadowlands is more of the same.. leveling a weapon/cloak/neck/whatever on top of the usual gear chase (the fun part for me) and rep grind.. I'm not sure I'm up for it. I didn't mind the daily grind when it was essentially optional for faction rep but I'm tired of it as-is.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Got revered today, yay for new esssences

I prefer Orgrimmar's vision to Stormwind's

I hate how Stormwind is designed.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Would you say the horrific visions have potential if they expand upon the system and flesh it for Shadowlands?
Definitely

It's a far better/more engaging version of the Mage Tower challenges.

If Blizzard is smart, they'll have every dungeon available in a similar setting for solo/group progression

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Would you say the horrific visions have potential if they expand upon the system and flesh it for Shadowlands?

They need to make it more accessible though. Artificial limitations with the vessels are too frustrating. At least the mage tower had unlimited attempts, even though it wasn't up all the time. Maybe ease up on the vessel cost to allow more tries. I don't want to spend all my time doing dallies for a fraction of a vessel cost. I'm hoping they tweak it as time goes on.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
They need to make it more accessible though. Artificial limitations with the vessels are too frustrating. At least the mage tower had unlimited attempts, even though it wasn't up all the time. Maybe ease up on the vessel cost to allow more tries. I don't want to spend all my time doing dallies for a fraction of a vessel cost. I'm hoping they tweak it as time goes on.

this and redesign affixes for Stormwind weeks. Yikes.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco

They've already been tweaking it almost every week.

Right now they need to buff Mementos I think because if you are an idiot like me and you didn't tunnel vision straight to the sanity-on-elite-kill talent then it just stops your progression in its tracks until you get that talent.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
What ilevel are you all rockin on your mains now? I just crested 445 on my boomkin. A few lower level Azerite gear pieces are keeping me down, but I need those traits to maximize damage.

I saw a 467 Shaman apply to our +9 tonight. Fucking how. Crazy.

Went on my first +10 this season, too. Wow. The new mechanic really adds a whole new dimension to runs.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
My DK's frost is 451 and blood is 450.

Tomorrow night my guild has only N'zoth to kill on normal for 3 hours. I'm wondering how long we try before switching to heroic.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
What ilevel are you all rockin on your mains now? I just crested 445 on my boomkin. A few lower level Azerite gear pieces are keeping me down, but I need those traits to maximize damage.

Went on my first +10 this season, too. Wow. The new mechanic really adds a whole new dimension to runs.

449 on my main. Don't think I'll end up much higher than 455-460ish this expac unless it's absolutely needed to finish all the vision stuff.

Straight up the only thing I care about now is progressing through visions.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond

I'm 452 as of tonight. Starting heroic on Wednesday.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
I'm 452 ilvl on my Druid but I'm 460 in bags. My ilvl is held down by 420 wrists with Echoing Void that are better than my 475 wrists I got from my first mythic+ cache. Once the corruption changes happen I'll swap those as well as a 440 ring with a 475 one.

LegendofTrey

Oct 27, 2017
Got to 447 tonight after clearing 7 bosses in Ny'alotha on my enh shaman. Trying to decide an alt to gear, but alts are so not fun to grind on with all this shit. I wish reps and stuff were BoA. Really no reason to NOT do it other than artificial longevity.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017

450+ on my main. Mid 440s on a few other alts. No raiding or Mythics either. Got some great drops early in this patch.

Going to be challenging to get in the 460s without raids or mythic so I hope the Visions become fully soloable because that's what I'm gearing them up for.

Right now they need to buff Mementos I think because if you are an idiot like me and you didn't tunnel vision straight to the sanity-on-elite-kill talent then it just stops your progression in its tracks until you get that talent.

Same. I had no idea so the second tree is fully maxed out now and still a few points away from that talent.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I didn't think I was in the low end as 445, lol...
Are most of you getting your stuff in the 445-455 range from M+?

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Main is at 448, but I haven't done anything that would give me high end gear outside of Horrific Visions. Might do some Mythic + but as of yet no Mythics or Raids or PVP.

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA

I'm 461 equipped, 467 in bags. It's pretty easy to get up there with decent Mythic+ and Heroic raid gear. The neck and cape also drag your average up a bit.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Do you all routinely do a +10 or +15 every single week? I find +9s chaotic enough in the pugs I go in. I'm a bit scared for higher, lmao.

What should I be aiming for these days as a 445? It's tough to know what your target + should be when you actually get rejected from +2 and +3 sometimes.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Do you all routinely do a +10 or +15 every single week? I find +9s chaotic enough in the pugs I go in. I'm a bit scared for higher, lmao.

What should I be aiming for these days as a 445? It's tough to know what your target + should be when you actually get rejected from +2 and +3 sometimes.

I don't do Mythics. It definitely limits gear progression, but I don't want to deal with a potentially toxic situation. You are better finding a guild group to run with.

Edit: I'm really failing today at editing my own posts lol.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
How is the game currently for people that have never played but want to play before Shadowlands?

What's your motivation for wanting to play? Interest in Warcraft lore/story? Looking for a new PvE MMO? PvP? Friends?

WoW's story/writing has consistently been quite bad—the worst sort of comic book writing. The current expansion is not too highly regarded for PvE, and the game's PvP is in complete disrepair.

Friends are genuinely the only reason to play at the moment, from my perspective.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
How is the game currently for people that have never played but want to play before Shadowlands?

It can easily be played from 1-120 as a pure solo experience with some random group finder activities if you want. By the time you hit max level you should have a decent understanding of the game and mechanics.

If the social aspect is interesting to you, maybe try to find a social leveling guild that is recruiting.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I need a very simple addon that will allow me to show short buffs/debuffs (i.e. my HotS and decursable debuffs from the enemy) on my party for M+ runs. Ideally it works well for raids, too, but I'm not really planning on healing raids anytime soon, lol.

I really like the simplicity of my current UI using Shadowed Unit Frames, so I don't wanna fuck around with it too much, esp. since I spend the majority of my time as Balance/dps.

Is there anything I can use? I tried Raven. I can't seem to figure out how to customize the layout, but I like its general look of timer icons to show buffs/debuffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.