• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
They call tikus cheese-loving herbivore... which is a contradiction in itself, but they are actually just omnivore. I demand this mount removed from sight.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I have like 400 or so low-level greens/blues that I'm posting right now, and I probably sell 1 a day on average.

So basically, they almost never sell! But as long as I'm making more money than the deposit costs, I'm content.
Oi, but yeah, the time investment to continually relist them has to count for something too, right? (even WITH TSM and a scroll-macro, shit takes a few mins)

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
It always amuses me that those selfsame quests were a revelation when coming from Vanilla!
I think about that sometimes, too, haha. One of my fondest memories was the 48h binge once TBC dropped, while everyone in my guild was in one TeamSpeak channel together, experiencing the expansion together, just chatting, exclaiming about things and quests and dungeons and shit we were encountering, and everyone's genuine enthusiasm and excitement over the first AERIAL BOMBING RUN quests in Hellfire. It was mindblowing!

(truth told, I still love those, lol)

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
Oi, but yeah, the time investment to continually relist them has to count for something too, right? (even WITH TSM and a scroll-macro, shit takes a few mins)

Yeah, it's probably not really worth it, but I try to repost when I'm doing other stuff (like brushing my teeth or whatever, lol).

At this point, sorting through all the items to find which ones are actually likely to sell at some point is probably less work than just reposting them. :(

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Wrath was probably the best single jump in quest quality in the history if the game. Like pandaria is great but it wasn't as big a leap over cata imo.

I think Wrath was the first expansion to really nail the whole zone-wide narrative thing; TBC is all still a bit piecemeal (although there's hints of it in Netherstorm, IIRC)

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Gearing up my Ret Paladin alt as my primary horde character....thank GOODNESS the rank 1 Vision of Perfection essence now drops off King Mechagon in Heroic too. That was fast and easy. Was worried I'd have to do a full Mythic 0 Mechagon clear, which would be tough to find at this point.

BeepBoop

Nov 24, 2019
Gearing up my Ret Paladin alt as my primary horde character....thank GOODNESS the rank 1 Vision of Perfection essence now drops off King Mechagon in Heroic too. That was fast and easy. Was worried I'd have to do a full Mythic 0 Mechagon clear, which would be tough to find at this point.

Now you get to run it like 25 times more to get the highest rank that actually does something :P

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I know, easy peasy. It's the best major for my main, too (Boomkin)

Even Rank 1 is a huge dps increase and far and away the best major for me as a Ret Paladin, according to Icy Veins.

Yup, Balance and Ret are two of the best specs for Vision. Destruction lock as well is especially visually satisfying as you get extra infernals crashing down whenever it procs.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
How long does Tuesday maintenance usually last?

--

Man, so I've gotten into simming, right -- first time in 15 years -- and it's been eye-opening. No huge surprises on gear -- I've been making smart picks -- but wow, the Azerite Traits that Top Gear/Raidbots recommends are often totally different from what I'd picked according to Icy Veins and Wowhead guides (which did say they were updated for 8.3, but yeah). What do?! :(

Yup, Balance and Ret are two of the best specs for Vision. Destruction lock as well is especially visually satisfying as you get extra infernals crashing down whenever it procs.
:oooooo

I love shit like that.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Man, so I've gotten into simming, right -- first time in 15 years -- and it's been eye-opening. No huge surprises on gear -- I've been making smart picks -- but wow, the Azerite Traits that Top Gear/Raidbots recommends are often totally different from what I'd picked according to Icy Veins and Wowhead guides (which did say they were updated for 8.3, but yeah). What do?! :(
Unless it's a massive delta, you should generally ignore the sim in this case. The scenarios that simcraft runs are super sterile and don't account very well for things like movement or significant downtime, and assumes perfect play at all times.

The reality is that no fight is ever as perfect as Simcraft's scenarios, and the things that might be higher valued in a sim environment aren't as appreciated in a real world one.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Unless it's a massive delta, you should generally ignore the sim in this case. The scenarios that simcraft runs are super sterile and don't account very well for things like movement or significant downtime, and assumes perfect play at all times.

The reality is that no fight is ever as perfect as Simcraft's scenarios, and the things that might be higher valued in a sim environment aren't as appreciated in a real world one.
Totally. But I assume Icy/Wowhead's recos are also built on ideal Patchwerk-like environments and fights?

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Totally. But I assume Icy/Wowhead's recos are also built on ideal Patchwerk-like environments and fights?
Most guides are written by players with an eye toward real world performance. I can't speak for all of them, but they'll usually be making recommendations that provide optimal play rather than optimal parses.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
My main (Boomkin) got Infinite Stars II and my primary alt (Havoc DH) got Infinite Stars I on their M+ Chests. Hurray! lol

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
My main (Boomkin) got Infinite Stars II and my primary alt (Havoc DH) got Infinite Stars I on their M+ Chests. Hurray! lol

giphy.gif

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome, my Prot Warrior got a rank 2 Twilight Devastation on a shield in his chest. My Druid got a weapon with meh corruption but the weapon itself is a decent upgrade.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I checked out the Shadowlands site this morning and it looks like... different that I remember. Like they massively upgraded it but I could be wrong. It just looks nicer than I remember.

worldofwarcraft.com

Shadowlands - Home - WoW

Walk the realms beyond in the new WoW expansion, Shadowlands. Join a Covenant and siege an eternal prison to save lost souls—and all of reality.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
I checked out the Shadowlands site this morning and it looks like... different that I remember. Like they massively upgraded it but I could be wrong. It just looks nicer than I remember.

worldofwarcraft.com

Shadowlands - Home - WoW

Walk the realms beyond in the new WoW expansion, Shadowlands. Join a Covenant and siege an eternal prison to save lost souls—and all of reality.
Looks the same to me.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
So I picked a Tauren Druid for my boost.

Just saw their Heritage Armor and said fuck yeah, it looks cool.

Doctor Doggo

Oct 25, 2017
Woke up two hours before my alarm for work so I decided to do some catch up in my non paying job.

Did this last week. My wife forgot to turn the heat off before we went to bed and we both woke up at like 3:00am sweating our ass's off. Couldn't fall back to sleep and I get up for work early anyway, so I just plugged away at getting flying unlocked. Was actually kind of nice and peaceful.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Did this last week. My wife forgot to turn the heat off before we went to bed and we both woke up at like 3:00am sweating our ass's off. Couldn't fall back to sleep and I get up for work early anyway, so I just plugged away at getting flying unlocked. Was actually kind of nice and peaceful.

Yeah it was peaceful. Finished the assaults and did a full clear of Org to catch up on cloak stuff. I'm sure I'll be tired before the raid tonight but I'm usually tired then anyway lol

Pizzamigo

Oct 25, 2017
I resumed sub to play super casually when I got nothing else to do for an hour here and there. I dabbled in BFA but gave up early, then same thing with 8.1 or 8.2 I forget. Anywho, currently trying to unlock BFA flying and I think I just need the Tortollan rep left so I'm close.

But I kinda want to eventually go back to Horde whenever the new expansion comes out, and I kinda wanna be a fox allied race dude.

If I get the Alliance equivalent race to exalted rep and then faction change my Alliance character to Horde; will the rep I earned stay the same but switch to the Horde equivalent so I can unlock that Fox race?

Also is there an ERA US group or anything? I feel like having a guild or group would help a ton and not get as bored as fast.

Edit: looks like there's no equivalent rep for Alliance for Vulpera, so nevermind. Would have to grind it out on one of my Horde characters which I don't think I wanna do lol

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I resumed sub to play super casually when I got nothing else to do for an hour here and there. I dabbled in BFA but gave up early, then same thing with 8.1 or 8.2 I forget. Anywho, currently trying to unlock BFA flying and I think I just need the Tortollan rep left so I'm close.

But I kinda want to eventually go back to Horde whenever the new expansion comes out, and I kinda wanna be a fox allied race dude.

If I get the Alliance equivalent race to exalted rep and then faction change my Alliance character to Horde; will the rep I earned stay the same but switch to the Horde equivalent so I can unlock that Fox race?

Also is there an ERA US group or anything? I feel like having a guild or group would help a ton and not get as bored as fast.

Edit: looks like there's no equivalent rep for Alliance for Vulpera, so nevermind. Would have to grind it out on one of my Horde characters which I don't think I wanna do lol
The equivalent Alliance rep is actually the Order of Embers. If you were to faction transfer a character who was at exalted with them, it would be converted into Voldunnai and make it easier to unlock the race.

Pizzamigo

Oct 25, 2017
The equivalent Alliance rep is actually the Order of Embers. If you were to faction transfer a character who was at exalted with them, it would be converted into Voldunnai and make it easier to unlock the race.

Oh really. I stumbled across the wow forums about how there wasn't an Alliance rep equivalent. Maybe it was outdated or incorrect though.

That's good news, might just do that then. Thanks!

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
With Ny'alotha completely unlocked for LFR I'm hoping we're getting the start of alpha this week for Shadowlands.

Didn't it start weeks ago when the first few builds shipped? Or were those unplayable builds? I was under the assumption that news meant that a limited Friends and Family alpha had actually started.

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
I think we'll get some public stuff in the last week of March. And unless the build and testable stuff is hefty at this point... RIP my September prediction.

Skai

Oct 27, 2017
I don't care about getting alpha, I just want wowhead and mmo champion to datamine all the new stuff. I find that the most exciting.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I never look at upcoming expansion datamines or do the beta, as I like to go in as blind as possible. I find it far more enjoyable that way.
I won't usually go looking for quest info and story stuff (thouhg I'm never too bothered to see it), but I absolutely want to see all the class changes and what's tied to each covenant so I can at least make a decision early.

i mean, i'm going night fae one way or another at this point

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
I won't usually go looking for quest info and story stuff (thouhg I'm never too bothered to see it), but I absolutely want to see all the class changes and what's tied to each covenant so I can at least make a decision early.

i mean, i'm going night fae one way or another at this point

I'll have every class at max level so the covenant thing isn't a big deal to me as I will get them all in one or another anyway, class changes are one thing I do look at though, so I agree there.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
Horrific Vision gear will always corrupt starting next Tuesday.

Really like this change. I felt like I had enough Corruption gear to be making interesting decisions in the first few weeks, but now that my Corruption Resistance is higher and I've settled into using certain pieces, I'm eager to get more of it so that I can mix things up again.

I also feel like I've been getting the short end of the stick on Corruption affix RNG, so having another 4 more 355+ corruption pieces per week will hopefully help with that.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Horrific Vision gear will always corrupt starting next Tuesday.

Really like this change. I felt like I had enough Corruption gear to be making interesting decisions in the first few weeks, but now that my Corruption Resistance is higher and I've settled into using certain pieces, I'm eager to get more of it so that I can mix things up again.

I also feel like I've been getting the short end of the stick on Corruption affix RNG, so having another 4 more 355+ corruption pieces per week will hopefully help with that.
This is a great change. However, it's open my eyes to what the item level rewards are for clearing different tiers of horrific vision. The reward levels don't really feel commensurate with the skill and effort required for each level. You only get a 450 from a full clear or a 1 mask clear which is pretty difficult Imo, especially compared with getting a 450 from a M+ 4 or 5 which is far easier in my opinion. Am I wrong?

Guaranteed Corruption of course makes them more valuable now.

I might be super out of touch though because the last time I attempted a horrific vision was as a 455 balance druid and I found a full clear very challenging. The best I was able to do was 3 bonus objectives. I wasn't using any consumables at all though, and I didn't even know about the vision specific consumables thar boost your sanity. I also didn't have two of the final traits in the research tree which I should have soon. I'm also 467 now and now have a new infinite Stars corruption which should really help. maybe a full clear or one mask run would actually be super easy for me now?

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't it start weeks ago when the first few builds shipped? Or were those unplayable builds? I was under the assumption that news meant that a limited Friends and Family alpha had actually started.
So wait, can someone comment on this for me? Has the alpha not started yet? I really assumed that encrypted bills were standard for the alpha so people can play it in the closed friends and family group but no data mining would be possible.

if it hasn't started yet, are we suggesting that as soon as it does start the bills will inherently have to become unencrypted?

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
This is a great change. However, it's open my eyes to what the item level rewards are for clearing different tiers of horrific vision. The reward levels don't really feel commensurate with the skill and effort required for each level. You only get a 450 from a full clear or a 1 mask clear which is pretty difficult Imo, especially compared with getting a 450 from a M+ 4 or 5 which is far easier in my opinion. Am I wrong?

Guaranteed Corruption of course makes them more valuable now.

I might be super out of touch though because the last time I attempted a horrific vision was as a 455 balance druid and I found a full clear very challenging. The best I was able to do was 3 bonus objectives. I wasn't using any consumables at all though, and I didn't even know about the vision specific consumables thar boost your sanity. I also didn't have two of the final traits in the research tree which I should have soon. I'm also 467 now and now have a new infinite Stars corruption which should really help. maybe a full clear or one mask run would actually be super easy for me now?

Horrific Vision difficulty is a bit funky because it does get significantly easier the more time you invest into it. All of the traits are valuable, especially the last trait (Gift of the Titans) which is absolutely massive. Additionally, the extra Sanity Resistance on the cloak gets exponentially stronger the more ranks of it you get (someone did some napkin math to demonstrate that the scaling is superlinear a few pages back iirc).

On top of that (somewhat similar to games like Dark Souls), a lot of "getting better" at Horrific Visions is trying, screwing up, learning, and attempting to avoid the same mistakes next time. This is gated by the Coalescing Visions of course, so there's an investment you need to make in order to practice and attain information. But once you've made your mistakes and found a path that works for you, you'll be armed with that knowledge forever.

Once you're set up for Horrific Visions with the proper talents/gear/knowledge, it's several guaranteed pieces of gear per week (up to the same ilevel that a 12 M+ Chest gives you). That's pretty darn good for something you can do solo, and it'll be crazy lucrative once they're guaranteed to Corrupt.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Horrific Vision difficulty is a bit funky because it does get significantly easier the more time you invest into it. All of the traits are valuable, especially the last trait (Gift of the Titans) which is absolutely massive. Additionally, the extra Sanity Resistance on the cloak gets exponentially stronger the more ranks of it you get (someone did some napkin math to demonstrate that the scaling is superlinear a few pages back iirc).

On top of that (somewhat similar to games like Dark Souls), a lot of "getting better" at Horrific Visions is trying, screwing up, learning, and attempting to avoid the same mistakes next time. This is gated by the Coalescing Visions of course, so there's an investment you need to make in order to practice and attain information. But once you've made your mistakes and found a path that works for you, you'll be armed with that knowledge forever.

So once you're set up for Horrific Visions with the proper talents/gear/knowledge, it's several guaranteed pieces of gear per week (up to the same ilevel that a 12 M+ Chest gives you). That's pretty darn good for something you can do solo, and it'll be crazy lucrative once they're guaranteed to Corrupt.
Gotcha. Thanks for the explanation. However, where does several pieces of gear come in? I was under the impression that you could get one piece of gear guaranteed per week, and it would be based on your best type of completion, such as two masks, three masks or whatever.

Never mind, I'm a dummy. This guide explains how it works really well and I understand now.

www.wowhead.com

Rewards from Horrific Visions of N'zoth

Comprehensive guide on all the rewards obtained from Horrific Visions including Legendary Cloak upgrades, a transmog backpack, an item that adds a socket to gear, mounts, pets, weapon enchants and much more!

Status
Not open for further replies.