• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
Blizzard telling everybody "fuck the leveling revamp. Go get that shit in now!"

I guess I can take advantage for those Heritage sets.

Vapelord

Oct 27, 2017
Montreal
Looks like I am going to have weeks if not months of free time :( Played the most recent expansion quite a bit and stopped around Oct 10th, 2019. Have a few returning player questions for all of you. In 8.3 what are the best things to do daily for raw gold income? I have yet to start leveling a Monk or Warlock, what's the better class currently? I believe all I have left for allied races is Mechagnomes. Last piece is Operation: Mechagon - The Mechoriginator. I don't think Heroic was a thing back in October so should not be an issue. Not sure if Warlock really syncs up with Mechagnomes or Monk would be the way to go or if the racials really matter.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit this is great, hahaha.
I kind of figured something like this would happen anyway to stave off the hunger for the levelling revamp.

What's everyone COVID toon gonna be? I've been mulling over a bunch of new things that I wanted to make as soon as the leveling revamp was live, motivated mostly by wanting to try out new races/genders, (since I have a high level toon of each class), or wanting to have a class I already have, but on the opposite faction.

- A Draenei female (prob mage)
- A Dark Iron Dwarf male (prob warrior, IDK)
- A Vulpera male *anything* (got a rogue already, but wanna do something else too!)

And I'll almost certainly finish leveling up my remaining four classes to 120 now, since they're all 110+. The dream of all classes capped is soon! Haha.

Last edited:

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Looks like I am going to have weeks if not months of free time :( Played the most recent expansion quite a bit and stopped around Oct 10th, 2019. Have a few returning player questions for all of you. In 8.3 what are the best things to do daily for raw gold income? I have yet to start leveling a Monk or Warlock, what's the better class currently? I believe all I have left for allied races is Mechagnomes. Last piece is Operation: Mechagon - The Mechoriginator. I don't think Heroic was a thing back in October so should not be an issue. Not sure if Warlock really syncs up with Mechagnomes or Monk would be the way to go or if the racials really matter.
Racials never matter, but the sight of mechagnome limbs doing monk moves is equal parts terrifying and hilarious. I'd say base it off of that.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017

• I don't think 8.3 really added any new gold farming methods. AFAIK, the best way to make money is to craft in-demand things (potions, bags, food, etc.) and sell it. Bags in particular are probably going to see a bump in price with all the alts people are going to be making. But I'm an awful at the AH, so I'm sure others can provide more insight.
  • Destro Warlock is really strong for the new raid, whereas Windwalker Monk is just okay. Monk obviously has the advantage of being able to tank and heal though, and Brewmasters are strong as always.
  • Mechagon Heroic and Mythic+ are both new. Mythic+ is broken into two halves, and the second half (with King Mechagon) is actually really easy, so you should be able to find a run without too much difficulty!
  • I don't think the Mechagnome racials are lighting the world on fire, so play what you want to!

Kintaro

Oct 27, 2017
So I suck at the AH, how do people make money off of it? I'm trying for the last push for the Long Boi, need about 800k gold still and it's hard trying to sell anything in the AH, even the raw mats take forever to sell. I have all professions although they are not leveled but don't mind leveling them if it can make me some gold. I'm on Illidan and Stormrage and although both are high pop selling any armor has been difficult to say the least. I've even tried medium pop servers like Azuremyst and Darkspear and those take even longer to sell stuff, even the raw mats. Maybe I just need spend hours at the AH and just keep relisting? I have a ton of armor from leveling up and I'm tempted to just vendor it all because I can't even image anything will sell.

On a positive note, the XP buff is nice, Legion invasions are insane. Went from 105 to 109 completing them all, although that was with RAF. Nice to see that it stacks.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
So I suck at the AH, how do people make money off of it? I'm trying for the last push for the Long Boi, need about 800k gold still and it's hard trying to sell anything in the AH, even the raw mats take forever to sell. I have all professions although they are not leveled but don't mind leveling them if it can make me some gold. I'm on Illidan and Stormrage and although both are high pop selling any armor has been difficult to say the least. I've even tried medium pop servers like Azuremyst and Darkspear and those take even longer to sell stuff, even the raw mats. Maybe I just need spend hours at the AH and just keep relisting? I have a ton of armor from leveling up and I'm tempted to just vendor it all because I can't even image anything will sell.

On a positive note, the XP buff is nice, Legion invasions are insane. Went from 105 to 109 completing them all, although that was with RAF. Nice to see that it stacks.

Learning everything you can about how to use TradeSkillMaster is the key.

Kintaro

Oct 27, 2017
Learning everything you can about how to use TradeSkillMaster is the key.
I have it, but It's only about a quarter set up. Probably less than that. I know TSM is a great addon and I've had it setup before. I know doing research on what sells and when is also important so I've checked Undermine Journal as well but maybe I haven't studied it enough. Does potions and flasks really still make money? I've read guides and some are outdated because I don't see anything in BS making money but some guides I've seen say that PVP still sells. I don't see it personally. Ugh, I just want my dang Long Boi before it's gone.

I went from trying to sell some of the BS stuff, to just trying to sell the raw mats because nothing is selling at a profit and then people just keep tanking the markets to unload stuff.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I have it, but It's only about a quarter set up. Probably less than that. I know TSM is a great addon and I've had it setup before. I know doing research on what sells and when is also important so I've checked Undermine Journal as well but maybe I haven't studied it enough. Does potions and flasks really still make money? I've read guides and some are outdated because I don't see anything in BS making money but some guides I've seen say that PVP still sells. I don't see it personally. Ugh, I just want my dang Long Boi before it's gone.

I went from trying to sell some of the BS stuff, to just trying to sell the raw mats because nothing is selling at a profit and then people just keep tanking the markets to unload stuff.

I do lots of relisting -- twice a day sometimes. Cancel scans and Post scans (along with a scroll wheel macro) have dramatically reduced the amount of time required to do all that. I sell EVERYTHING I can that I don't need. I list BoE greens for half what TSM says they should (and they STILL don't move much -- LOTS of relisting, lol). And I rely on these things for the more significant and guaranteed money gains:
- Contracts, War-Scrolls and Vantus Runes via Inscription
- Flasks, Potions via Alchemy (only while the Silas Prosperity proc is active -- read up on Tools of the Trade to get this item)
- Selling raw Anchor Weed (and sometimes Zin'anthid) - every single character of mine is an Herbalist, except for one
- Scooping up all Benthic Gear and Prismatic Manapearl rewards you can from WQs and Emissaries in Naz'jatar, buying Benthic tokens, and sending them to your Enchanter alt (even a level 1 BFA disenchant will suffice) for Veiled Crystals, which you sell for profit
- Making your alts' spare profession slots Enchanters as well so they can turn every welfare or old epic they get from BFA content into money

Even with all that, I still threw down some cash to get the rest of the way to my long boi, but it was worth it for me. Huge QOL upgrade for me.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy, Blizz with the oodles of goodwill updates these last few weeks:
www.wowhead.com

Restrictions Removed from Purchasing Role-Specific Azerite Essences with Echoes of Ny'alotha

Blizzard has made an update to the Echoes of Ny'alotha system, removing the restrictions from purchasing role-specific Azerite Essences from Echoes of Ny'alotha. This means that pure DPS classes can now purchase Tank or Healer Essences from the same activity without having that exact Essence on...

The perk of this change means that your main can now use the Echoes system to get the extra Essences from a particular source after you've earned at least one, if you want to. i.e. if you got one of the Mechagon-related rep ones, you don't to farm up more SPARE crates and shit for the other two -- you can just move on to Echoes and stay in the more attractive and lucrative 8.3 content.

Great changes all around.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
it's almost like making the game easier to play over longer periods of time in any activity encourages retention more than forced daily grinds

Kintaro

Oct 27, 2017
I do lots of relisting -- twice a day sometimes. Cancel scans and Post scans (along with a scroll wheel macro) have dramatically reduced the amount of time required to do all that. I sell EVERYTHING I can that I don't need. I list BoE greens for half what TSM says they should (and they STILL don't move much -- LOTS of relisting, lol). And I rely on these things for the more significant and guaranteed money gains:
- Contracts, War-Scrolls and Vantus Runes via Inscription
- Flasks, Potions via Alchemy (only while the Silas Prosperity proc is active -- read up on Tools of the Trade to get this item)
- Selling raw Anchor Weed (and sometimes Zin'anthid) - every single character of mine is an Herbalist, except for one
- Scooping up all Benthic Gear and Prismatic Manapearl rewards you can from WQs and Emissaries in Naz'jatar, buying Benthic tokens, and sending them to your Enchanter alt (even a level 1 BFA disenchant will suffice) for Veiled Crystals, which you sell for profit
- Making your alts' spare profession slots Enchanters as well so they can turn every welfare or old epic they get from BFA content into money

Even with all that, I still threw down some cash to get the rest of the way to my long boi, but it was worth it for me. Huge QOL upgrade for me.
Thank you for the detailed information. Do you recommend any guides to get TSM all setup? There are so many out there, I don't know if some are outdated or if any will suffice. There was a lot of good stuff in your post that I didn't even consider, again thanks.

Also do you monitor Undermine Journal to see when to sell your warez?

Last edited:

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for the detailed information. Do you recommend any guides to get TSM all setup? There are so many out there, I don't know if some are outdated or if any will suffice. There was a lot of good stuff in your post that I didn't even consider, again thanks.

Also do you monitor Undermine Journal to see when to sell your warez?
Guides, not off the top of my head. I just googled and YouTube the whole bunch of shit over the last year. At this point make sure the information you're looking at refers to patch 8.3 or later since the auction house got completely redesigned in January.

Undermine journal, no. I forgot it even existed and I can't even remember exactly what it does, haha.

Kintaro

Oct 27, 2017
Undermine journal, no. I forgot it even existed and I can't even remember exactly what it does, haha.
Haha, parses a ton of TSM data. I use it to try and see trends for certain items. Like whether I should hold or sell on a specific day. But I'll be honest I've been too anxious that I just lost stuff whenever I have a decent amount to list.

cartographer

Oct 25, 2017

On a high pop server like Illidan or Stormrage the level 400 crafted BoEs will sell, but you won't have a lot of success posting them and then checking back in a day or two. Those will get undercut quickly and will require some babysitting to get consistent sales. Same with current mats. Spend 30 minutes or so babysitting and you should see some more sales, or at least check in a few times a night if you're otherwise playing.

Consistent sales is about quantity and diversity. Current crafted goods that are profitable is a good place to start, but the more stuff you can keep on the AH in different markets, the more you will sell and be protected from specific markets bouncing up and down.

For blacksmithing, absolutely craft the ilevel 400 Uncanny BoEs, especially the weapons. Craft the Monel stirrups. Craft the uncanny LW and tailoring items, too. People usually buy this, I guess for fresh 120s.

Here's what I posted tonight on my main server:
  • A shit ton of glyphs
  • About 30 Uncanny items. I need to restock some of these.
  • Drums (Mostly WoD ones tonight, though I keep an eye on Legion and BFA ones, too. Posting some of each is a good idea. Usually people just search for drums and buy the cheapest version but some search for specific items. Not enough people do drums. It's pure profit by just collecting garrison resources and trading it for Raw Beast Hide.
  • Gliders - these are low profit but are always in demand
  • Ring and weapon enchants.
  • Current content food, especially the Horrific Vision sanity restore food and health regen food.
  • Lots of mounts. Vial of the Sands, Engineer mounts, Poseidus, Shadowmourne one, Alani (Alani in particular was one to look for. When the quillen farm got nerfed I bought the entire stock of Ruby serpents off the AH. The price is 4-5x what it was then and I'm selling one or two a week).
  • Some high value transmog. Consistent transmog sales ideally require hundreds or thousands of items of mixed value. I don't like posting that many auctions, so I have about 20-30 higher value items I keep up that will sell eventually, some of them crafted like Key to the Planes.
  • Anchor Weed. Transmuting normal herbs to bag of anchors is still good on most servers. Making flasks is usually good with the Silas proc but that market is too volatile for my patience so I don't bother outside certain periods like the beginning of an expansion.
  • High value pets - this used to be amazing because very few people did cross-server pet arbitrage, but near the end of Legion it got super popular and this is more competitive now, but I still list some pets.
  • Odds and ends like Coin of Many Faces that I bought cheap around Halloween, other random toys.
  • The 8.2 inscription trinkets. Still sell.
I'm obviously not going to sell all of that tonight, but that mix of items means I'm probably going to log-in to some gold. There's high volume, lower profit items in there, low volume, high profit and and lots across the spectrum in there. If somebody tanks anchor to 30g a piece tomorrow I'm fine until that recovers, same with food or Uncanny items etc. Sorry this post got away from me quickly.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Man, just visiting the Argent Tournament and hearing that jolly music again, I spent so much time there doing dailies and whatnot.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Man, just visiting the Argent Tournament and hearing that jolly music again, I spent so much time there doing dailies and whatnot.

My Argent Tabard is still my go-to if I ever need to get to Northrend. And thinking about it, that might *actually* be a thing soon for the Shadowlands intro storyline!

Kintaro

Oct 27, 2017
On a high pop server like Illidan or Stormrage the level 400 crafted BoEs will sell, but you won't have a lot of success posting them and then checking back in a day or two. Those will get undercut quickly and will require some babysitting to get consistent sales. Same with current mats. Spend 30 minutes or so babysitting and you should see some more sales, or at least check in a few times a night if you're otherwise playing.

Consistent sales is about quantity and diversity. Current crafted goods that are profitable is a good place to start, but the more stuff you can keep on the AH in different markets, the more you will sell and be protected from specific markets bouncing up and down.

For blacksmithing, absolutely craft the ilevel 400 Uncanny BoEs, especially the weapons. Craft the Monel stirrups. Craft the uncanny LW and tailoring items, too. People usually buy this, I guess for fresh 120s.

Here's what I posted tonight on my main server:
  • A shit ton of glyphs
  • About 30 Uncanny items. I need to restock some of these.
  • Drums (Mostly WoD ones tonight, though I keep an eye on Legion and BFA ones, too. Posting some of each is a good idea. Usually people just search for drums and buy the cheapest version but some search for specific items. Not enough people do drums. It's pure profit by just collecting garrison resources and trading it for Raw Beast Hide.
  • Gliders - these are low profit but are always in demand
  • Ring and weapon enchants.
  • Current content food, especially the Horrific Vision sanity restore food and health regen food.
  • Lots of mounts. Vial of the Sands, Engineer mounts, Poseidus, Shadowmourne one, Alani (Alani in particular was one to look for. When the quillen farm got nerfed I bought the entire stock of Ruby serpents off the AH. The price is 4-5x what it was then and I'm selling one or two a week).
  • Some high value transmog. Consistent transmog sales ideally require hundreds or thousands of items of mixed value. I don't like posting that many auctions, so I have about 20-30 higher value items I keep up that will sell eventually, some of them crafted like Key to the Planes.
  • Anchor Weed. Transmuting normal herbs to bag of anchors is still good on most servers. Making flasks is usually good with the Silas proc but that market is too volatile for my patience so I don't bother outside certain periods like the beginning of an expansion.
  • High value pets - this used to be amazing because very few people did cross-server pet arbitrage, but near the end of Legion it got super popular and this is more competitive now, but I still list some pets.
  • Odds and ends like Coin of Many Faces that I bought cheap around Halloween, other random toys.
  • The 8.2 inscription trinkets. Still sell.
I'm obviously not going to sell all of that tonight, but that mix of items means I'm probably going to log-in to some gold. There's high volume, lower profit items in there, low volume, high profit and and lots across the spectrum in there. If somebody tanks anchor to 30g a piece tomorrow I'm fine until that recovers, same with food or Uncanny items etc. Sorry this post got away from me quickly.
Thanks for this, I'm definitely trying to diversify and make things that are going to turn a profit. I'm going to level some other professions and see how that goes for me.

dalq

Feb 13, 2018
Man, I swear to God that I have around a 20% win/loss ratio on BGs as alliance.
I'm 1k shy of the 10k honor achievement, and I still need an Epic BG win, and only managed to win the single regular bg needed for the quest lol

And it's not even balanced matches that makes you feel fine about a good fight, it's just full on curbstomps since the first second.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
I need to find a consistent pug for normal Ny'alotha. LFR is absolutely infuriating and I can't bother to wait through these long ass queues only to get 15 people who have no idea what they're doing.

Deleted member 63832

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 14, 2020
Was able to complete a 3 mask and a 4 mask run this week.

5 mask will be hard due to that mask that cuts your sanity by 50%.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Leveling alts right now. Going through Zuldazar and just thought about something.

The only villain in this entire expansion that gets a really good build-up is G'huun. And it'S REALLY good. They legit make him seem like a serious threat. Way more of one than N'zoth or Azshara by comparison. Which is silly because G'huun himself should have helped build up N'zoth just by the fact that he was 'below him' in rank.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Leveling alts right now. Going through Zuldazar and just thought about something.

The only villain in this entire expansion that gets a really good build-up is G'huun. And it'S REALLY good. They legit make him seem like a serious threat. Way more of one than N'zoth or Azshara by comparison. Which is silly because G'huun himself should have helped build up N'zoth just by the fact that he was 'below him' in rank.

On Alliance side, I'd say that it's more Azshara (via Lady Ashvane). G'huun doesn't really get a look-in.

Bwonsamdi isn't exactly a villain, but he's very much involved in the Rastakhan fight and a signifcant plot-driver so should perhaps get a bit of a nod, too.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017

To be honest, he's totally invisible on Alliance side. It's Azshara that gets a lot of play. Blizzard has specifically said that was the big failing of this expansion: there wasn't enough build-up to some of the story climaxes on both sides. Alliance got some real good Azshara stuff and Horde got the G'huun stuff. Put it all together and the story across the board is quite good, it just wasn't told well at all.

Deleted member 63832

Banned
Feb 14, 2020
To be honest, he's totally invisible on Alliance side. It's Azshara that gets a lot of play. Blizzard has specifically said that was the big failing of this expansion: there wasn't enough build-up to some of the story climaxes on both sides. Alliance got some real good Azshara stuff and Horde got the G'huun stuff. Put it all together and the story across the board is quite good, it just wasn't told well at all.

I think its a thing with n'zoth maybe being a last minute addition to the story.

The way Azshara and Jaina suddenly become good (from a horde perspective) is so weird to me.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I think its a thing with n'zoth maybe being a last minute addition to the story.

The way Azshara and Jaina suddenly become good (from a horde perspective) is so weird to me.
Jaina has always been the good guy from the Alliance side of it. Her story is really personal and heartwarming.

To be honest, there's been a bit of N'zoth foreshadowing on Alliance side since jump. I really think it's just a matter of them splitting the story in two and not giving any one side enough of a view of the whole.

Deleted member 63832

Banned
Feb 14, 2020
Jaina has always been the good guy from the Alliance side of it. Her story is really personal and heartwarming.

To be honest, there's been a bit of N'zoth foreshadowing on Alliance side since jump. I really think it's just a matter of them splitting the story in two and not giving any one side enough of a view of the whole.

Jaina is going the way of Garrosh from the horde perspective, then suddenly she is super chill lol.

I hope Shadowlands has better story, its my biggest wish for that expansion.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Jaina is going the way of Garrosh from the horde perspective, then suddenly she is super chill lol.

I hope Shadowlands has better story, its my biggest wish for that expansion.
It's funny because from the Alliance perspective the Horde literally did some unforgivable shit.

But honestly, that's why I think the story this time was good. It was just too split along faction lines and so, unless you played through the leveling stuff as both Horde and Alliance, most players didn't get the details of it all. Which results in everyone thinking it's a disjointed mess.

Deleted member 63832

Banned
Feb 14, 2020
It's funny because from the Alliance perspective the Horde literally did some unforgivable shit.

But honestly, that's why I think the story this time was good. It was just too split along faction lines and so, unless you played through the leveling stuff as both Horde and Alliance, most players didn't get the details of it all. Which results in everyone thinking it's a disjointed mess.

Now you're tempting me into leveling an alliance character for the firs time ever!

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Now you're tempting me into leveling an alliance character for the firs time ever!
So the Alliance story is literally Jaina and her mother reconciling after what happened to her father. So that thing the Horde did with her brother was totally beyond acceptable. Plus the whole invasion thing, for the Alliance, was revenge for what the Horde did the Teldrassil and at the Undercity.

Having done both, it's not as good as WotLK or Legion, but it's not horrible either. It's just super split along faction lines.

Deleted member 63832

Banned
Feb 14, 2020
So the Alliance story is literally Jaina and her mother reconciling after what happened to her father. So that thing the Horde did with her brother was totally beyond acceptable. Plus the whole invasion thing, for the Alliance, was revenge for what the Horde did the Teldrassil and at the Undercity.

Having done both, it's not as good as WotLK or Legion, but it's not horrible either. It's just super split along faction lines.

It just seems like there never was this big of a difference between factions. Not sure this was intentional at all.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
My DK has been Orc since birth but I've been thinking about race changing to Zandalari. Zandalari look better in plate but they got those god awful animations that Night Elves have with 2 handers. Where as Male Orcs literally have the best 2 hander animations in the game.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much the entire expansion summed up lol.

At least visions are a fun thing to do every week.
Honestly, the vision and corruption stuff could have been it's own expansion. They could have built an entire expansion around corruption and sanity loss as mechanics.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm gonna level a rogue during quarantine but I can't decide between Goblin and Mag'har. They are both awesome rogue options aesthetically/thematically but for like opposite reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.