• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
My job unfortunately still has me working, but the gym's closed so I got a lot of time to shit out a ton of alts for gold/lockouts like it was WOD.

I've already gotten my DK to 120, and I've got my druid, shadow priest and paladin well on there way. After that I'll try to get a vulpera monk, nightborne something, highmountain shaman(or maybe druid for farming but i think the heritage armor screams shaman/hunter/warrior), dark iron shaman, and kul tiran something to 120 from scratch.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
It's funny because from the Alliance perspective the Horde literally did some unforgivable shit.

But honestly, that's why I think the story this time was good. It was just too split along faction lines and so, unless you played through the leveling stuff as both Horde and Alliance, most players didn't get the details of it all. Which results in everyone thinking it's a disjointed mess.
Honestly what really makes it disjointed is what comes after 8.0. It seemed like they were setting up something interesting with Ashvane's machinations and Sylvanas's ulterior motives... and then in 8.1 the whole thing just goes off the rails with Sylvanas becoming irredeemably evil and Ashvane turning into a pawn, and then they were just desperate to move us from plot point to plot poitn without giving anything enough time to be properly fleshed out.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Also dont know if anyone follows her, but this creator has fairly recently started making some tutorial videos that are well edited and researched. Probably the first wow content creator I've enjoyed in a long time

www.youtube.com

Kraken Latte

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
we got heroic Vexiona and Ilgynoth down last night.

Vexiona can be thrown straight into a fire.

To add more excitement, only 2 people (Hunter and Mage) were alive for the last 6% of Ilgy, and they were both about 1 second away from being dead when he fell over.

Quite possibly the closest first kill of a boss that I've ever had!

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
I've had this thought numerous times over the last 15 years, and I'm sure as hell having it lately: I am really thankful for World of Warcraft.

It sounds weird, but being stuck at home because of everything going on for the next four weeks + the EXP boost has caused me to re-sub after months away, and boy am I glad I did. Also have my brother playing so I basically get to hang out with him long distance every evening, despite him being quarantined somewhere else.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I've had this thought numerous times over the last 15 years, and I'm sure as hell having it lately: I am really thankful for World of Warcraft.

It sounds weird, but being stuck at home because of everything going on for the next four weeks + the EXP boost has caused me to re-sub after months away, and boy am I glad I did. Also have my brother playing so I basically get to hang out with him long distance every evening, despite him being quarantined somewhere else.
Hell yeah

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
we got heroic Vexiona and Ilgynoth down last night.

Vexiona can be thrown straight into a fire.

Congrats! Vex was a wall for us for a little while. We could get to phase 3 okay then just got slaughtered. Oddly, Il'gynoth we got on our first try but then got stuck on for a week or so on the next reset.

On a related note, my guild downed heroic N'zoth last night. Just took us two tries, we were all laughing at how quick and easy it was after really struggling with him for around two weeks. I think we just generally got a big power boost recently via Mythic+ runs, because we've started mowing bosses down. Even Vex this week was nothing.

Mythic Wrathion ate our fucking lunch though. Woof. Two hours and never more than 46% progress.

Also dont know if anyone follows her, but this creator has fairly recently started making some tutorial videos that are well edited and researched. Probably the first wow content creator I've enjoyed in a long time

www.youtube.com

Kraken Latte

She seems pretty cool, thanks. The only WoW Youtuber/streamer I watch anymore is Hazzel (couldn't take Bellular anymore), and Latte seems similar in having a chill vibe to her stuff.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I hope they retcon Saurfang.

I'm really bummed about what happened to him honestly.

First Cairne, then Vol'jin and now Saurfang.

Come on Blizzard.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they retcon Saurfang.

I'm really bummed about what happened to him honestly.

First Cairne, then Vol'jin and now Saurfang.

Come on Blizzard.
I mean...I really doubt we'd get a retcon of such a major event anytime soon...? lol
Like, maybe in 10 years. But even then, it's usually less significant stuff getting retconned, right? Not huge character fates.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I have a feeling that offing Saurfang was something mandated for the plot in Shadowlands, but because of the reaction to the entire war campaign story might never make it to fruition and the whole thing will be a waste of time.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Got my Paladin to 120 tonight, that's all classes done and ready for Shadowlands. I'll give Prot a go as the lack of tanks sucks, plus they're often assholes who leave after one wipe.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Waited an hour and a half in queue for N'zoth. Get in for someone to pull the boss and leave the group, wait another 20 minutes for another tank before the other tank leaves.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
How's the pandemic affecting your guilds? I've been noticing in mine we're having less people around lately. While I thought people would be on more during this it seems the opposite has happened and people are just not wanting to mess with WoW right now and are playing other games.

We've had a bunch of people state they just aren't up for it mentally right now, which... seems bad. I feel like this expansion has felt more like work you need to keep up with instead of being a fun distraction and people just don't want to fuck with it anymore. Many are playing other games, including FFXIV. I don't know, I guess I'm rambling a bit but it's just been an unexpected turn of events and I'm curious if others have seen anything similar.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
How's the pandemic affecting your guilds? I've been noticing in mine we're having less people around lately. While I thought people would be on more during this it seems the opposite has happened and people are just not wanting to mess with WoW right now and are playing other games.

We've had a bunch of people state they just aren't up for it mentally right now, which... seems bad. I feel like this expansion has felt more like work you need to keep up with instead of being a fun distraction and people just don't want to fuck with it anymore. Many are playing other games, including FFXIV. I don't know, I guess I'm rambling a bit but it's just been an unexpected turn of events and I'm curious if others have seen anything similar.

I can't really speak to guilds, but I am personally finding it harder actually want to play during quarantine time than I was expecting. I've already got to the point this week where instead of using my ample work from home downtime to level alts or do dailies or whatever, I'm just not bothering to log in that much.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I can't really speak to guilds, but I am personally finding it harder actually want to play during quarantine time than I was expecting. I've already got to the point this week where instead of using my ample work from home downtime to level alts or do dailies or whatever, I'm just not bothering to log in that much.

I should have worded it differently and asked if people have seen or experienced it themselves. I've not been on much myself but mostly due to Animal Crossing and Dooms Eternal and 64. I think part of it for me is, we downed heroic N'zoth so I feel done with the expansion. We'll still farm heroic for a while and try some mythic but we're not a good enough guild to get too far into that.

And for me I just have fun playing with my guildies but at some point running the raid will get boring and start to become pointless. Then I look at how far away SL is and I start to feel a bit of ennui, which is then being exacerbated by the current situation.

Last edited:

Pepito

Dec 11, 2017
www.wowhead.com

Shadowlands Alpha Encrypted Build 9.0.1.33819

Blizzard has shipped another encrypted Shadowlands Alpha build: 9.0.1.33819.

giphy.gif

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Someone educate me. Each of these encrypted builds are being played by a closed Friends/Family audience already, right? Like, the Alpha's started, right?
If not, why ship all these successive builds?

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Someone educate me. Each of these encrypted builds are being played by a closed Friends/Family audience already, right? Like, the Alpha's started, right?
We don't know the purpose of everything that goes up on the CDN, particularly when it's encrypted. It's probably friends and family alpha, but it could just be staging files and not actually in use by anyone.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017

Honestly, I don't think they're at F/F alpha. Probably in-house people testing stuff still.

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
I hope the Torghast shit is tuned for healers as well. I'm really tired of content being "soloable" but only if you're a dps spec.
I guess the random buffs will help at least

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
I wasn't going to level anything else until the revamp but with this 100% exp thing going on I decided to at least do my Dark Iron Dwarf Paladin, went from level 20 to 65 in less than 3 hours of questing, lol wow. I had a cluster of quests I turned in and gained 3 levels off just those. Insane.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't going to level anything else until the revamp but with this 100% exp thing going on I decided to at least do my Dark Iron Dwarf Paladin, went from level 20 to 65 in less than 3 hours of questing, lol wow. I had a cluster of quests I turned in and gained 3 levels off just those. Insane.
Holy shit. That's even faster than I expected. I mean...you couldn't have had Rest for that entire stretch, right? Did you have Draught of Ten Lands and full heirlooms on? Any other xp boosts?

Playing a monk with the daily buff plus the 100% xp buff feels like playing on a private server
I'm inspired. Might take up my monk on the other faction. This is the phase of my life where I'm taking up alts I've already capped just to have them on the other faction. FML.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Did a full clear with 1 mask today. Feel like I might need to gear more for a 2-3 mask clear. Not gonna lie, the madnesses are annoying.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Was running for mog
image2yhjgv.jpg

I hate this game. I already have this mount. THIS is the one you give me on my first transmog run?

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Was running for mog
image2yhjgv.jpg

I hate this game. I already have this mount. THIS is the one you give me on my first transmog run?

you are lucky, my drops are for the completely wrong class.

I'm doing a run for a certain staff but only the sword that I need on my Warrior run keeps dropping and the staff I need keep dropping on my warrior runs.

Damn you RNG

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
you are lucky, my drops are for the completely wrong class.

I'm doing a run for a certain staff but only the sword that I need on my Warrior run keeps dropping and the staff I need keep dropping on my warrior runs.

Damn you RNG

Does getting the staff on your Warrior give you the mog still? I don't play one, but I thought Warriors could collect any weapon mog except Wands and Glaives since they can technically use pretty much any weapon.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
Well I subbed for a month again. I'm confused on what I should be doing with my 120 hunter so I'm just alt hopping and doing dungeons and quests. It's so funny to gain multiple levels off one dungeon run for my alts in their 60s and 70s. Really liking my druid and warrior right now.

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
I've had multiple people whispering me this week, asking basic questions. Some came from Classic and used a 120 boost and were lost AF

cartographer

Oct 25, 2017
Has that always been the case? I totally understand why it's a good thing to do, but I was under the impression F&F Alphas were always accompanied by strict NDAs
Streamers aren't jumping into friends and families alphas, at least not in meaningful numbers.

If a streamer is streaming alpha, it's not friends and families, but a broader alpha that these days is just part of the game's promotional strategy.

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.