• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jipewithin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Very excited for this, just a shame it launches in september. WIll be very busy time at work so can't take a few weeks off. Can only play like a hour or 2 a day...

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
seems odd they didn't take this opportunity to make a mobile-friendly version of wow instead and build it back up there

Considering the mockery Diablo Immortal got why in the world would they make a mobile WoW? I know there is a YT video going around on the concept and it might work but it would be severely tone deaf for them to actually do it not to mention making Classic again for pc was apparently extremely difficult in and of itself.

Ostinatto

Oct 30, 2017
My rogue is gonna wait in the nessinwary camp for all of you motherfuckers LETS GO !!

raxg28oto7r01.jpg

Tanner

Oct 25, 2017
Never played Vanilla WoW so I opted in for the beta. New job starts in 2 weeks so if I get in to the beta I will have PLENTY of time to sink into this before then.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
There's going to be a solid week after launch where people who have been complaining about wanting vanilla back for years suddenly realize it's not what they actually wanted and just complain on the forums about how shit it is... and personally I can't wait to see some of that.

Khamsinvera

Oct 31, 2017
Huntard + Rogue ... ya'll gonna suffer both ways!!! Rogue to camp n00bz with and Huntard because it's all Huntard loot!!!

Bastos

Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably get back to WoW if they ever release a classic experience up to Wrath of the Lich King or Cataclysm.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
There's going to be a solid week after launch where people who have been complaining about wanting vanilla back for years suddenly realize it's not what they actually wanted and just complain on the forums about how shit it is... and personally I can't wait to see some of that.
prepare your "i thought i wanted it, but i didn't" reddit posts now

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I have no interest in Vanilla. The game was too janky, gear was a mess, raids were just bring 5 capable raiders and 35 warm bodies, unusable specs...

A The burning crusade server, on the other hand, would make me incredibly hyped.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I think lowkey the best thing about Classic will be the reset economy. WoD screwed the economy so badly through the garrison gold quests they are still trying to recover from it having to put in massive gold sink mounts all the time. A fresh economy in Classic where professions mattered is pretty exciting.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Layering seems like a very intelligent solution to initial server tourism. It's basically a combination of the best elements of sharding and server merges.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not resubbing to play a fucking beta L O L

These dudes should be falling over themselves to have beta testers that have played the game as much both then now and every expansion inbetween as I have. fuck that.

Necrokey

Jan 20, 2019
Orlando, Florida
Anyone remember when windfury would proc twice and instagib in pvp? It's the reason I never dueled in front of org, comstantly wrecked.

Last edited:

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna level a char in the Horde and one in the Alliance to replay the Vanilla quests and... that's it.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
The developers actually said they are already thinking about TBC and WOTLK servers and will be watching the community for interest:

At the end 15m and 30 seconds in they DIRECTLY talk about it. This whole thing is great.

Thanks for posting this! I think it would be wonderful to have access to legacy servers for each xpac...at least for vanilla, TBC and wrath anyway. If everquest can do it, blizz sure as hell can with wow imo

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
I'd greatly prefer new post-Naxx content that keeps level caps at 60 and has minimal gear progression than going to a Classic TBC/Classic WotlK. I only played about 3 months into TBC and then quit until Legion, so I'd definitely play TBC/WotLK, but just would prefer new dungeons/zones/BGs based on the mechanics established in Vanilla, without increasing level cap, adding new skills, etc.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I gotta say that I wasn't really all that excited about WoW Classic.....but now that it's got a release date and is only like 100 days away, I am actually really excited.

My main hope is that I can start up characters with new and old friends that used to play. Even when I played WoW adamantly, all my real-life friends were either at different progression levels, on different servers, or in different factions. Hopefully this time we can get it right and sync up with one another.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
I'd greatly prefer new post-Naxx content that keeps level caps at 60 and has minimal gear progression than going to a Classic TBC/Classic WotlK. I only played about 3 months into TBC and then quit until Legion, so I'd definitely play TBC/WotLK, but just would prefer new dungeons/zones/BGs based on the mechanics established in Vanilla, without increasing level cap, adding new skills, etc.
I would also prefer new level 60 content, TBC servers would be okay though, especially if they keep it like 2.0 & not 2.4
Wrath servers however i don't think are viable, it's just too easy & people will clear all the content in a week.

Gloomz

Oct 27, 2017
WOTLK servers would destroy everything population-wise.

This is kind of extremely sad though, that people are more interested in past shit.

Makes you wonder.

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
August destroyed much of the excitement or rather the end of August did...

Why mention summer when it at the tail end of it? Why not just "2019" or late summer.

MMO's require a big time investment and for me as a 2nd year student it's going to be hard to balance studies with the commitment to a game that needs so much of my time. It's not even in the middle of the month but the end of it. The first weeks are the most consuming and releasing classic sooner than August 28 would have helped.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of weird to me to think that anyone interested in WoW Classic could still be a student, or the sort of person that needs the summertime to really sink into a game.

I guess many of the people that played the game as students might now be teachers, who have the summer off.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
WOTLK servers would destroy everything population-wise.

This is kind of extremely sad though, that people are more interested in past shit.

Makes you wonder.

Good games are good games, it doesn't really matter when they were released. Vanilla/TBC/WotLK are arguably the best MMO ever, nothing after that really comes close as far as WoW is concerned.

jipewithin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Will be pretty hard to balance between work and real life responsibilities, can maybe sink like 10-20 hours each week which means it takes 3-4 months to hit 60.

Aztorian

Jan 3, 2018
I never played WoW Vanilla, was too busy playing Runescape but I am going to buy the CE. I played WoW on retail on and off since Pandaria. Played PS since WotLK.

Not sure what to expect, except for a more difficult game with way less handholding and a lot of community interaction. I fear the community will be split into hardcore players wo played since vanilla and newcomers who never experienced it, or were not engaged very well into the endgame. It happens in current WoW too actually. But since vanilla is much more community based with no group finders I think a lot of people, including me, are going to have a rough time without a solid community to play with.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I never played WoW Vanilla, was too busy playing Runescape but I am going to buy the CE. I played WoW on retail on and off since Pandaria. Played PS since WotLK.

Not sure what to expect, except for a more difficult game with way less handholding and a lot of community interaction. I fear the community will be split into hardcore players wo played since vanilla and newcomers who never experienced it, or were not engaged very well into the endgame. It happens in current WoW too actually. But since vanilla is much more community based with no group finders I think a lot of people, including me, are going to have a rough time without a solid community to play with.
Vanilla is going to get steamrolled, it's just impossible not to when the knowledge is dissemenated as it has been for 15 years. That said, they're AT LEAST doing it semi appropriately and gating content releases and itemization, even if they're not necessarily reverting abilities quite as far as I'd like. It should be fun.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
Wish I could get the CE

Anyone know if anything other then opting in for the beta is needed to play? I know an active sub is needed for full release.

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I fear the community will be split into hardcore players wo played since vanilla and newcomers who never experienced it, or were not engaged very well into the endgame. It happens in current WoW too actually. But since vanilla is much more community based with no group finders I think a lot of people, including me, are going to have a rough time without a solid community to play with.

In my experience on the private servers everyone is extremely helpful, whether they're trying this for the first time, or veterans. Getting the sense of community is the absolute main selling point for me in this. Leveling up in Elwynn Forest last month on a private server, I made two great connections already because it was just absolutely necessary to not be killed by a fuckton of murlocs.