• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Is anyone actually getting on the server?

I clear the login queue, see the Stress Test Server as "Low Population", and when I try to join I am immediately disconnected after the "Loggin In To Server" mesage. Then I have to do the login queue all over again.

Same. Its busted maaaaaan

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
sounds like the stress test is doing its job.

Servers are getting overloaded causing the D/Cing. Helps Blizz anticipate what server load could look like at release.

Last edited:

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, whatever this is testing... its inadequate as hell.

Better get to upgrading that ish before August breh. We aint gonna stand for this nonsense when the 27th hits
IBVStf0.png

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Was walking around trying to kill stuff (everything is dead) and got booted, logged back in.... in the queue..

No fair.

It is Blizzard proving to everyone that Layering will be required.

Oh yeah, Im all in for layers, or even massive pop servers. Either one. I would have zero problems fighting with thousands over mobs ore and resources on a 15k-20k pop server. But most don't want that, so layering it is I guess lol

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
I remember the days when a bunch of people AoEing in one place of a capital city would cause severe lag or in some cases boot you from the server lol

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Think I need to go back to bed and try to get some sleep because this is clearly a waste of my time. It's kind of annoying seeing streamers who have beta access get in without many issues and I've yet to see the character screen.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Think I need to go back to bed and try to get some sleep because this is clearly a waste of my time. It's kind of annoying seeing streamers who have beta access get in without many issues and I've yet to see the character screen.

They locked the server.

It was clear they were only going to let a certain amount of people in. The rest who got beta "invites" were simply there to test server logins, not actually play.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stress Test Server now showing up as Offline.

Welp, it was fun playing with you guys!

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
ughhh remember so many people whining about being ganked on the WoW forums back in the day when they'd willingly choose to play on a PvP server. The troll response (But legit response..) was just "Reroll PvE" - Alas the whining continued.

The forums really were the best part of early WoW PvP servers as you'd start to see people having names made for them & being called out.
Totally. From gankers bullying certain areas to endgame players geared to the nines. I played in a well-established, Alliance raiding guild on Mal Ganis opposite of Elitist Jerks. I remember BWL and Molten Core raids often coinciding with EJ groups coming through, but there was a mutual agreement to not attack each other, for the most part. When BGs came out, I often went up against Ganadar and his fully T2-geared guild mates, and even ended up in a Ytmnd with him due to getting under his skin.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Servers are back up, or so it would appear.

I can get to the character creation screen, but keep timing out after that.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got in for a while, started an Undead Warlock. Kinda rough running around Tirisfal Glades with a million other new characters, just trying to tag mobs. I got kicked out after a message in chat said they were going to do a server reboot in 15 minutes.

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Bummed out I didn't get to play at all despite trying the whole time, but I didn't expect much from this. It was cool to see such an insane amount of players in one area again (on a stream).

Speaking of which what are the odds every streamer was able to get in? Despite what seemed to be an absolute lottery to create a character?

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Bummed out I didn't get to play at all despite trying the whole time, but I didn't expect much from this. It was cool to see such an insane amount of players in one area again (on a stream).

Speaking of which what are the odds every streamer was able to get in? Despite what seemed to be an absolute lottery to create a character?

It's almost like influencers are given special treatment and privileges.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of course Swifty got in. I'm sure it has nothing to do with his fame. Rigged as shit.

There were far more nonstreamers in logged in than streamers. And all we got to do for most of the initial stuff was stand around not being able to move because of lag. Seems kind of silly to complain about a stress test of all things being "rigged."

All the bosses showing up was fun though. Rag held a sermon.

2vvmuDC.jpg

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Stress test is over, but they are letting people log in and lvl to 5. I got in. When I just logged after getting max lvl, I saw some people that were just able to finally get in.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stress test is over, but they are letting people log in and lvl to 5. I got in. When I just logged after getting max lvl, I saw some people that were just able to finally get in.
It is so fun to see the starter zones full of people, grouping and questing together. It seems like you can't really get out of the starter areas though. I tried to take a zeppelin to Orgrimmar and just hung up on the loading screen. Others are saying they can't walk to Western Plaguelands from Tirisfal.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It is so fun to see the starter zones full of people, grouping and questing together. It seems like you can't really get out of the starter areas though. I tried to take a zeppelin to Orgrimmar and just hung up on the loading screen. Others are saying they can't walk to Western Plaguelands from Tirisfal.
I tried to travel with my gnome from Dun Murough to the IF tram and it kept porting me to the IF entrance and I got "Instance not found".

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
Blizzard is racist against gnomes! Humans can go anywhere it seems. ;P

To be fair I don't think anyone was really being serious when they picked to play as a gnome and did it for "HEY LOOK THEY ARE SO SHOT AND SMALL IT'S SO FUNNY" or something like that.

I don't even think Blizzard were serious when they created them...

It was probably a server issue and when I played it 5 or so hours ago it was very stable or at the very least felt like it.

Cincaid

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
I cannot believe how excited I am over the Classic release. I'm even considering joining a raiding Guild, but that will probably not end up a reality considering what a time commitment it is. My guild in Vanilla cleared AQ40, then fell apart due to TBC around the corner, and I still remember that we raided four evenings per week (miss a raid: loss of DKP). Not to mention all the grinding for consumables outside of raids. Something tells me this won't be possible today, since I'm a father of two. :'(

Kuosi

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
I cannot believe how excited I am over the Classic release. I'm even considering joining a raiding Guild, but that will probably not end up a reality considering what a time commitment it is. My guild in Vanilla cleared AQ40, then fell apart due to TBC around the corner, and I still remember that we raided four evenings per week (miss a raid: loss of DKP). Not to mention all the grinding for consumables outside of raids. Something tells me this won't be possible today, since I'm a father of two. :'(
That's kinda gist with vanilla, naxx being by far the best raid and only a fraction of player base got to experience let alone complete it, my old guid died half way through and I migrated to clear the rest. Doubt raiding is going to be that big of a time chunk on the new release, the content is really simple and people were just mainly clueless back in the day.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
They are doing a second stress test this upcoming Wednesday. They said level cap will be 10 this time. Everyone invited to the first gets in to this one. Looks like no additional invites.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
I was definitely a naysayer, but I'm actually excited after watching some streamers playing. I'm also looking forward to a new generation of Vanilla videos in the age of YouTube and HD video. This one was always a favorite.