• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Do you farm furbolgs in Winterspring or Felwood?

I usually queue up for AV then do a lap around Winterspring for ore and arcane crystals. I'm up to 4 out of the 12 I need. I farm them and then if I make 100g I'll buy a couple. Trying to keep some money just in case and not drop to 0. Arcanite Bars were like 20g over the normal price last night so I posted my stock to see if I could flip em. If they sold I can get a few more from what I made flipping. Almost to that Lionheart Helm!!

The group to farm partially depends on your class. And how much effort you want to put in. Southern Felwood mobs are so low level that you can clear the entire village before respawns and drop mageweave. North Felwood is a lot of big packs of mobs so being an AoE class is helpful. I'm a Druid and I only farm winterspring because you make way more money. You can get firewaters which you can sell for 3-4g on raid days, and if you do the cache of mauri quest you can collect winterfall eko which you can either use for raid DPS or auction for around 80s-1g. I'm not rich rich but between my leatherworking and selling eko and firewater I'm doing real good. One time I put three stacks of fire water on the AH and three stacks of eko over night and woke up to like 140g which was a great feeling.

It can sometimes be hard to monopolize the winterfall king who spawns every 6-8 mins after his last death, but he drops a guaranteed firewater and has green-purple drops occasionally as well. What I do is I solo the king and his minions and start the stop watch and run around killing furbolgs. When it's getting close to 6 mins I head back to the king cave. I'm also grinding Rep so 25 Rep from king is great. Lastly, every 24 hours grizzle snowpaw will spawn near the cave entrance and so if you catch him that's a guaranteed high level green. All the high level greens can disenchant into Greater Eternal Essence which are worth a fortune.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
The group to farm partially depends on your class. And how much effort you want to put in. Southern Felwood mobs are so low level that you can clear the entire village before respawns and drop mageweave. North Felwood is a lot of big packs of mobs so being an AoE class is helpful. I'm a Druid and I only farm winterspring because you make way more money. You can get firewaters which you can sell for 3-4g on raid days, and if you do the cache of mauri quest you can collect winterfall eko which you can either use for raid DPS or auction for around 80s-1g. I'm not rich rich but between my leatherworking and selling eko and firewater I'm doing real good. One time I put three stacks of fire water on the AH and three stacks of eko over night and woke up to like 140g which was a great feeling.

It can sometimes be hard to monopolize the winterfall king who spawns every 6-8 mins after his last death, but he drops a guaranteed firewater and has green-purple drops occasionally as well. What I do is I solo the king and his minions and start the stop watch and run around killing furbolgs. When it's getting close to 6 mins I head back to the king cave. I'm also grinding Rep so 25 Rep from king is great. Lastly, every 24 hours grizzle snowpaw will spawn near the cave entrance and so if you catch him that's a guaranteed high level green. All the high level greens can disenchant into Greater Eternal Essence which are worth a fortune.

I'm gonna try this, thanks for the tips. I am doing the quest to get eko now. I'm a warrior so I ahve some AoE options but I also can't heal myself and get away.

My guild kind of dissolved because the guild leader was against a merger we definitely needed. I moved with a bunch of the core raiders to a new guild and we cleared MC in under three hours on our first raid night which is real nice. We are considered Trial Members so we have lower priority and aren't supposed to win weapons over full members. I won an Obsidian Edged Blade because no one rolled on it but then Spinal Reaper dropped and it went to an enhancement shaman who was the only guy who rolled on it. That's fine but I don't think they really appreciate that proc for Warriors compared to mana-using classes. 150 mana is nothing while 20 rage is huge. I've seen some comments but wasn't sure if it was true. Does it really proc off of HKs? Because that would be almost too powerful in BGs.

They also counted Striker's Mark as a weapon when to me it's just a stack stick for melee and shouldn't really count as a weapon for loot purposes. All in all it was great though. OEB with its +8 weapon skill frees up a lot of my gear options that would've been dedicated to +hit.

First time killing Rag though! I'm still having a blast with Classic.

Oct 28, 2017
I'm gonna try this, thanks for the tips. I am doing the quest to get eko now. I'm a warrior so I ahve some AoE options but I also can't heal myself and get away.

My guild kind of dissolved because the guild leader was against a merger we definitely needed. I moved with a bunch of the core raiders to a new guild and we cleared MC in under three hours on our first raid night which is real nice. We are considered Trial Members so we have lower priority and aren't supposed to win weapons over full members. I won an Obsidian Edged Blade because no one rolled on it but then Spinal Reaper dropped and it went to an enhancement shaman who was the only guy who rolled on it. That's fine but I don't think they really appreciate that proc for Warriors compared to mana-using classes. 150 mana is nothing while 20 rage is huge. I've seen some comments but wasn't sure if it was true. Does it really proc off of HKs? Because that would be almost too powerful in BGs.

They also counted Striker's Mark as a weapon when to me it's just a stack stick for melee and shouldn't really count as a weapon for loot purposes. All in all it was great though. OEB with its +8 weapon skill frees up a lot of my gear options that would've been dedicated to +hit.

Striker's Mark is BiS until Naxx. I'd rather have it over a Vis'Kag. That's probably why. It's not fair under the loot rules but you're a trial.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Striker's Mark is BiS until Naxx. I'd rather have it over a Vis'Kag. That's probably why. It's not fair under the loot rules but you're a trial.

Yeah I get it, and long time guildies rolled on it so it should go to them. I don't get heated about loot. New guild, new rules and they just implemented these rules to deal with an influx of like 15 new people so it will shake out in time. I think they are generally going to do loot council so as long as its fair then I don't care. Just give me BRE when it drops lol. I'm gonna try to run some more UBRS tonight. I haven't seen either the wrist or waist plate drop yet. I might also start farming for Savage Glad chest piece even though I swore to never wear anything but plate.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

1: WS is great for warriors because you will fight a maximum of two Maybe three mobs at the same time and they are low enough level that it will be no danger at all.

2: congrats on OEB that thing is a monster.

3: SR procs in any kill level 48 or higher, human or NPC. The thing is that while it has high DPS, it's top end is about the same as OEB. Also warriors with sword spec can get the sword spec multi damage proc, so honestly I think OEB is better for warriors and SR is better for shaman. SR is a PvP weapon.

OEBs weapon skill works in PvP and PvE. It basically accounts for all of your need for plus hit in PvP and most for PvE and definitely will free up itemitzation options. That being said, I think most people go fury war for PvE DPS so definitely do try to augment your crit if you want to PvE with a 2H

4: Strikers is bonkers and should be counted as a weapon. I'm a Druid that cant even use it and I salivate when I see that thing.

5: grats on rag. Our guild is down to under 90 mins for MC clear and if you stick with these guys I'm sure you'll get there. Keep fighting the good fight.

Oct 27, 2018
Today I realised my guild raid at 6pm. That is no good to me as my daughter only starts her bedtime routine at 7pm. I don't know what to do. 😭

Deleted member 10234

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hi all, I played some Classic when it first came out then tailed off after a month or so. Are there still a lot of people playing, across all levels? I'm thinking of diving back in to my L20 Druid I created but won't bother if everywhere is empty cos most people are 60 and raiding and I won't get to do lower level dungeons. Thanks!

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Hi all, I played some Classic when it first came out then tailed off after a month or so. Are there still a lot of people playing, across all levels? I'm thinking of diving back in to my L20 Druid I created but won't bother if everywhere is empty cos most people are 60 and raiding and I won't get to do lower level dungeons. Thanks!
I play EU horde on a realm that's medium (last time I checked anyway) pop and alliance dominated and there's never a shortage of people around (I'm level 52 on my second character so I've been through most of the levelling process twice).

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
BWL incoming woohooooo! Good idea to unlock the attunement quest early, would have been hideous otherwise.

Interesting to see them slowly tweak the release cadence in the interest of a more rational progression.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
They really need to fix the alliance premade garbage. Even the alliance that don't premade get screwed because they start way down in numbers. Basically any pug is a horde win; I don't remember the last time I lost to an Alliance pug in AV.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
Yea I see a lot of people leveling up on my server. Lots of people are working on alts also.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
They really need to fix the alliance premade garbage. Even the alliance that don't premade get screwed because they start way down in numbers. Basically any pug is a horde win; I don't remember the last time I lost to an Alliance pug in AV.

I'm interested to hear what's happening on Alliance side because oftentimes we queue up and there's like 20 or less Alliance in the group. I haven't faced an Alliance AV premade in a while and our PUGs basically wipe the floor with Alliance PUGs. Like I do a couple AVs a night and I haven't see the Alliance kill Galv or make it past Tower Point all week. Oftentimes we have all of our towers up and both mines.

I haven't dipped into WSG in a while because as a solo queue, every match seems to be versus a premade.

Oct 28, 2017
I'm interested to hear what's happening on Alliance side because oftentimes we queue up and there's like 20 or less Alliance in the group. I haven't faced an Alliance AV premade in a while and our PUGs basically wipe the floor with Alliance PUGs. Like I do a couple AVs a night and I haven't see the Alliance kill Galv or make it past Tower Point all week. Oftentimes we have all of our towers up and both mines.

I haven't dipped into WSG in a while because as a solo queue, every match seems to be versus a premade.

Premades queue up and don't immediately accept. They evaluate group comp and decide. If you have only 20 people with 1 healer, you don't take it. That means 20 people drop queue and it has to find new people.

The solution is to nerf AV honor. Premades won't exist if AV isn't the best honor by far. Make WSG and AB attractive.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Premades queue up and don't immediately accept. They evaluate group comp and decide. If you have only 20 people with 1 healer, you don't take it. That means 20 people drop queue and it has to find new people.

The solution is to nerf AV honor. Premades won't exist if AV isn't the best honor by far. Make WSG and AB attractive.

Well I appreciate it because I haven't lost an AV in a long time.

I have to check on Retail if I ever managed to get WSG to Exalted. You get nothing from that grind.

Are queues for AV on Alliance-side hovering around 30 minutes like they do for Horde?

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Well I appreciate it because I haven't lost an AV in a long time.

I have to check on Retail if I ever managed to get WSG to Exalted. You get nothing from that grind.

Are queues for AV on Alliance-side hovering around 30 minutes like they do for Horde?

Nope,queues are instant for alliance. Thats why the premades work for us. Queue up, if theres no 30+ people I drop and requeue because the pops are instant. Im done with my AV grind but I wouldnt touch AV without using premades at this point. Its either premade, or get rolled last I heard. Especially with the way premades leave the PUG games with huge vacant numbers at the start of the match.

Deleted member 10234

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

How about giving the deserter debuff for not accepting a BG invite?

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
WSG has awesome exalted rewards... maybe you're referring to something else?
How about giving the deserter debuff for not accepting a BG invite?
The problem with this is that it could prevent friends from playing together and would in theory give to the debuff in the event multiple queues pop.

Oct 28, 2017

The problem with this is that it could prevent friends from playing together and would in theory give to the debuff in the event multiple queues pop.

The system isn't really designed for friends to play together anyway. There's no party queue. So I'm not sure that's a good reason not to do that. It's not like Horde friends get to play together.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man we best a stupid vampire clan premade from faerlina in AV. We wiped them twice at drek, 35 minute game. Just thinking about how angry their discord probably was lkl

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Any Resto Druids/Herbalists/Alchs in here that can throw some gold making tips this way? I'm sick and tired of not having an epic mount

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017

I worded that poorly. I meant like you get no chances to get rep on that grind. It takes forever. The legs look super good. Just that grind seems awful.

I also used your grinding tips last night. Was able to acquire a couple more arcanite bars with your tips so thank you! It's fortunate that the main village also has several rich thorium nodes. The farm is great though. Ekos, firewater, runecloth, and any sorts of greens and other random drops. I got a bunch of greens disenchanted into quite a bit of gold in enchanting mats.

I'm 6/12 for arcanite bars at the moment and 4/10 blue sapphires. We're getting super close.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I worded that poorly. I meant like you get no chances to get rep on that grind. It takes forever. The legs look super good. Just that grind seems awful.

I also used your grinding tips last night. Was able to acquire a couple more arcanite bars with your tips so thank you! It's fortunate that the main village also has several rich thorium nodes. The farm is great though. Ekos, firewater, runecloth, and any sorts of greens and other random drops. I got a bunch of greens disenchanted into quite a bit of gold in enchanting mats.

I'm 6/12 for arcanite bars at the moment and 4/10 blue sapphires. We're getting super close.

As someone who was exalted with WSG back in the day, I'd say it's different now as the level of coordination makes facing "premade" groups way higher and therefore makes the games more difficult and longer. So yeah I'm not looking forward to that grind but it's gotta be done!

And yeah glad my pro tip helped there, I unironically think WV is the best farm in the game, especially when you can sit there for an extended period of time and just mind your own business. I'm about 14000/21000 furbolg Rep so I've got a ways to go before exalted, but I'm going to miss having a reason to go up there constantly.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who was exalted with WSG back in the day, I'd say it's different now as the level of coordination makes facing "premade" groups way higher and therefore makes the games more difficult and longer. So yeah I'm not looking forward to that grind but it's gotta be done!

And yeah glad my pro tip helped there, I unironically think WV is the best farm in the game, especially when you can sit there for an extended period of time and just mind your own business. I'm about 14000/21000 furbolg Rep so I've got a ways to go before exalted, but I'm going to miss having a reason to go up there constantly.

I'm still unfriendly and I even have some quests to do there so there's a little extra gold on top of everything else. Love those quests that give a weapon as a reward. Hello 10g+ at the vendor. There's this alliance dude on the server named Howie that everybody on Horde-side never kills. He's always there, rides up, and /waves and /hugs. I've been treated worse by my own Horde than that dude. Some guy wouldn't even let me have one smack at the Thorium vein....

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I'm still unfriendly and I even have some quests to do there so there's a little extra gold on top of everything else. Love those quests that give a weapon as a reward. Hello 10g+ at the vendor. There's this alliance dude on the server named Howie that everybody on Horde-side never kills. He's always there, rides up, and /waves and /hugs. I've been treated worse by my own Horde than that dude. Some guy wouldn't even let me have one smack at the Thorium vein....

Haha yeah we have a few alliance regulars who normally play nice and we let them farm. Some Paladin who I had never seen before came in with his OEB and started attacking me (a paladin killing a Druid... good luck with that) so I just waited until he was half health and no mana and slaughtered him. Dude just straight logged out.

We have a few rogue regulars who farm the king cave because they can pop CDs and wipe all three mobs. I don't always get firewaters but I make nice with all of them as the 25 rep is worth its weight in gold.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Haha yeah we have a few alliance regulars who normally play nice and we let them farm. Some Paladin who I had never seen before came in with his OEB and started attacking me (a paladin killing a Druid... good luck with that) so I just waited until he was half health and no mana and slaughtered him. Dude just straight logged out.

We have a few rogue regulars who farm the king cave because they can pop CDs and wipe all three mobs. I don't always get firewaters but I make nice with all of them as the 25 rep is worth its weight in gold.

I can't kill the three yet as a warrior. Take too much damage though if I pop retaliation I can dish it out. Only once every 30 minutes though which sucks. Damn rogues and their saps + evasion. If I see a rogue doing it, I'll just steal the sapped target as my own.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I can't kill the three yet as a warrior. Take too much damage though if I pop retaliation I can dish it out. Only once every 30 minutes though which sucks. Damn rogues and their saps + evasion. If I see a rogue doing it, I'll just steal the sapped target as my own.

I've seen warriors solo all three but yeah it's hectic. Also the warriors soloing them all had OEBs and BREs, I doubt you could do it as a fury warrior but I'm not the expert. As a Druid I can do it no problem. I just swipe to tag the mobs, go shaman, Ursa, King. Might only need to pop out once depending on how many Crits or crit heals go off. I've got teleport Moonglade so it's easy to snap up to WV within 5 mins after queuing for AV.

The tricky thing becomes deciding what to do when you have warchiefs and/or onyxia buff, do I farm or PvP?

Edit: also, I've never seen a rogue sap to kill all three. Most are combat swords so they just pop slice and dice and shred the king.

Last edited:

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Three more arcanite bars and 5 more blue sapphires for my lionheart helm! I'm so excited!! If my farming goes as well as it did yesterday I'll have it in time for raid night on wednesday. With my OEB I'll be over the 6% hit cap so I'm thinking of swapping out my Rune Captain's trinket for Blackhand's Breath and enjoying an extra 2% crit.

Still need to hit up some arena runs and farm that Savage Gladiator piece. Just needed a break from BRD to farm these mats. I'm eyeing that or grinding out some PvP ranks for my next source of upgrades. I'm rank 5 right now but I know that grind gets painful...

It's such a weird system too, I don't think I would've designed it that way. It's not really clear how much progress you need and what you should be doing without consulting a bunch of external resources or just guessing.

Oct 28, 2017
Three more arcanite bars and 5 more blue sapphires for my lionheart helm! I'm so excited!! If my farming goes as well as it did yesterday I'll have it in time for raid night on wednesday. With my OEB I'll be over the 6% hit cap so I'm thinking of swapping out my Rune Captain's trinket for Blackhand's Breath and enjoying an extra 2% crit.

Still need to hit up some arena runs and farm that Savage Gladiator piece. Just needed a break from BRD to farm these mats. I'm eyeing that or grinding out some PvP ranks for my next source of upgrades. I'm rank 5 right now but I know that grind gets painful...

It's such a weird system too, I don't think I would've designed it that way. It's not really clear how much progress you need and what you should be doing without consulting a bunch of external resources or just guessing.

You don't want to be over the 6% cap when using a 2h. You'll get literally no benefit from that extra hit. I'd try to swap around some items if you can.

Blackhands Breadth is fantastic. You'll definitely want to use that.

zeknurn

Oct 25, 2017
We got our second eye last night. No one wanted to roll for it because they knew they'd have to "farm" 8k gold. It ended up going to a warrior alt.

So that makes it 3 Bindings and 2 eyes in guild runs so far. Guess how many Cauterizing Bands? Still zero.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
We got our second eye last night. No one wanted to roll for it because they knew they'd have to "farm" 8k gold. It ended up going to a warrior alt.

So that makes it 3 Bindings and 2 eyes in guild runs so far. Guess how many Cauterizing Bands? Still zero.

Lol RIP in pepperonis. We haven't had a single binding or eye, think two caut bands but we have like 6 band of accuria. I think the whole system is just designed to give some people some things and others other things in a lopsided fashion.

Also PeskyToaster, if you ever want any input on your gear loadout feel free to post a link to the classic wowhead gear planner so we can make suggestions. As you already know, due to OEB you only need plus 6 hit from gear, but if passing one hit means putting on an insane piece of equipment it might be worth it. A lot of warriors and rogues end up with more plus hit than they need just because it's the best gear they have on them and oh well.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I've been using this sixtyupgrades site to kind of plan out gear and figure out what is better.

Here's the wowhead version with my talent build:

Wowhead Gear Planner

Like I said I'm planning on getting a Lionheart Helm within the next day or so which will put me at 7% Hit. I have a Blackhand's Breath and Painweavers Ring in my inventory at the moment. Looking over my set I think the biggest pieces I need to replace next are the chest and shoulders as they are very lame. Trying to stick to plate but I guess if I need the leather or mail then it must be done even though it physically hurts me. Back to UBRS and BRD!

Oct 28, 2017
Once you get Lionheart, drop Mark and equip Blackhand. That will be nice. In the meantime, farm Scholo. The Cadaverous Chest and Deathdealer chest both drop there and are equally good. I'd also try to get Valor shoulders out of UBRS.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Once you get Lionheart, drop Mark and equip Blackhand. That will be nice. In the meantime, farm Scholo. The Cadaverous Chest and Deathdealer chest both drop there and are equally good. I'd also try to get Valor shoulders out of UBRS.

I'd echo this but also throw in the mixologist tunic from BRD in a pinch, and the flame scarred shoulders from DMW.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the advice guys! Looks like I'm heading back to UBRS but at least I can hop in on Rend runs instead of full ones. I will still try to collect some hit gear if I replace OEB or switch to DW at some point. Might as well farm the Vambraces, shoulders, and a pair of Dal'Rends from the same easy run. Being a 2Her is kind of nice since there's barely any competition. Everyone is fighting over the 1h weapons like brutality blade and I'm just over here soaking up the 2H weapons that drop.

Do you guys recommend getting stuff like Battleborn Vambraces (+1 hit, +1 crit) to replace Sadist (+1 crit) and then swapping out Blackstone Ring for Painweavers? That would be an extra crit but 4 less AP. Is there a point where I'm trading out too much attack power for other stats?

One thing that really bums me out is the dearth of dps plate chest pieces unless I go hard in PvP. Would the valor chest piece be better than my warforged one? It probably looks better in raid to not be walking around in a questing green but it has so much strength on it.

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for the advice guys! Looks like I'm heading back to UBRS but at least I can hop in on Rend runs instead of full ones. I will still try to collect some hit gear if I replace OEB or switch to DW at some point. Might as well farm the Vambraces, shoulders, and a pair of Dal'Rends from the same easy run. Being a 2Her is kind of nice since there's barely any competition. Everyone is fighting over the 1h weapons like brutality blade and I'm just over here soaking up the 2H weapons that drop.

Do you guys recommend getting stuff like Battleborn Vambraces (+1 hit, +1 crit) to replace Sadist (+1 crit) and then swapping out Blackstone Ring for Painweavers? That would be an extra crit but 4 less AP. Is there a point where I'm trading out too much attack power for other stats?

One thing that really bums me out is the dearth of dps plate chest pieces unless I go hard in PvP. Would the valor chest piece be better than my warforged one? It probably looks better in raid to not be walking around in a questing green but it has so much strength on it.

You can't get a decent plate chest outside of PvP until AQ (or maybe ZG). Even the BWL chest is leather.

looking at your gear, Scholo should be a top priority though really your green chest isn't that bad.

I wouldn't swap the rings and bracers around. You should get Wristguards of Stability from MC anyway.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Spent some cash to get my Lionheart crafted before raid night. Felt real good. I also spent some to get crusader after the raid so I'll have that for next time. Our guild has enough people that are good enough to do two Ony runs with ~20 people each so I'm hoping to have the Ony neck piece pretty soon. Our MC runs are also wipe-free now so things are getting smooth before BWL. I think my next grind will be for Warsong rep between raids. Luckily I love PvP so it will just take a long time but should be fun.

If there's one #nochanges that I want, it's dual spec but they probably won't add it because it's too big of a change.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

There's a warrior DPS sim tool out there somewhere, and there's a thing called fight club for warriors that helps with that. Asking the warrior discord would be a good idea. But generally that seems like a worthwhile trade off. Warriors always have to keep gear around and mix and match as new stuff comes in.

Savage gladiator chest is as close as you get to something good until AQ. Malfurions Bulwark has a truck load of armor so that might also be good. You could also get a breastplate of blood thirst if you were so inclined.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I'm levelling a feral druid... so much of my pre-raid gear is from PvP. I fucking hate PvP (and won't be doing any).

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Not sure what you're referring to but there are no pieces of gear from the blue set that are relevant for either feral DPS or tanking. If you're saying "I should have rank 12/13 gear" then I think you're a bit off piste as no one expects anyone else to have that caliber of equipment ever, let alone as a pre-raid loadout.

If you don't like PvP that's a pity as it's really fun to do so as a Druid. But you won't be missing out in a PvE setting having not done any PvP.