• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Majiebeast

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So our second week of BWL we 1 shot everything after running out of time last week on Chromaggus. Including our first time on Chrommagus with time lapse breath and 1 shot our first attempt at Nef. Super proud of all 39 other raiders no wipes what so ever this week.

stWSvJ6.jpg

Loot was shit tho way too much Druid gear.

Last edited:

zeknurn

Oct 25, 2017
Cleared BWL last night again and overall it went a bit smoother than first week. Technician packs are still hilariously chaotic but by the end it seemed like the mage kiting and tank pickup was on point. Other than that we wiped once on Ebonroc because one of the tanks stood one meter off making it so that he got knocked along the wall towards the raid just as a shadow breathe hit. We also wiped on Flamegor because tranq got resisted and the other Hunter was on CD. Lastly we also wiped on Chromaggus once because the melee all got breathed through the wall for some reason. We almost had it but our dps was too low without them.

Just small things. So next week we will start speed clearing.

Oct 27, 2017
Week 1 Day 1, Only 33 people, so we kept wiping on Razergore for almost 3 hours.
Week 1 Day 2, We invited pugs to have 40 people. Razergore down on 3rd attempt. Vael down after 10 wipes.

Week 2 Day 1, 40 guild mates showed up. Razergore and Vael down at the first try, Broodlord down on 3rd attempt. 3 wipes on Firemaw so far.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
We got Razorgore and Vael last night. Made it through the suppression room and got Broodlord to 30%-40% after accidentally pulling him while we were still getting through the last bit of suppression. Then the gate was still shut at the start of the instance and we couldn't figure out how to get it to open which was a huge disappointment. I'm really proud of us though as we nailed the trash pulls and got a good strat for the suppression room.

After we got literally locked out of BWL we went to Onyxia and wiped twice for some unknown reason which was another downer.

Ghostbound

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I haven't gotten any gear yet from our two BWL clears which is a bummer, but I did get a Robe of Volatile Power in our last MC run so that's something I suppose.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Loot was shit tho way too much Druid gear.

This is a micro-aggression and i wont stand for it!

Wiped about 7 times on Firemaw. I honestly can't see my guild ever getting beyond it.

It has become clear that Firemaw is the hardest boss in the dungeon purely because it cannot be overcome by consumables and world buffs and the like. It is the most execution heavy fight in the dungeon, which makes it spicy.

Majiebeast

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah fire maw is the gate keeper cuz hes not tank and spank ppl need to watch for stacks etc. What helped us is we stood at the pillars in firemaws room melee at the first, caster at the back. After that it was an easy fight.

Oct 27, 2018
Well we'll go again next week and hopefully have more luck. Fairly confident of getting to Firemaw without much trouble now. So hopefully that'll give us more time to get him down. A couple of the wipes were just plain mistakes that practically instawiped us, such as pulling aggro with a totem and the shaman trying to run out. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Suppression room quickly went from TENSE to BORING though.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
Wiped about 7 times on Firemaw. I honestly can't see my guild ever getting beyond it.
You will guys will get it, can't be having that sort of attitude though. Last week we went 2/8 in 2 3 hour sessions. Just finished this week and we went 7/8, and 3 shotted Chrom with only like 5 ppl using sand. Were far from any sort of hardcore guild either. Got the Chrom shield too for our MT.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I was at 95% through rank 7 so with what I did yesterday I should be into Rank 8. Get that two piece chest and legs to boost my crit by 3% and AP by a few points as well. My goal right now is to be on par with the other 2H warrior who generally beats me. He's been rocking that black dragonscale set which is really nice while I still have a few pieces of less optimal plate but I'm getting a huge boost today. Going to be fun! I also got an Eye of Sulfuras because no one wanted it. I'm thinking about going for it because it's kind of been a dream of mine to use it when I first started playing in 2007. 50 Arcanite bars and 8 sulfuron ingots though. Whew.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I was at 95% through rank 7 so with what I did yesterday I should be into Rank 8. Get that two piece chest and legs to boost my crit by 3% and AP by a few points as well. My goal right now is to be on par with the other 2H warrior who generally beats me. He's been rocking that black dragonscale set which is really nice while I still have a few pieces of less optimal plate but I'm getting a huge boost today. Going to be fun! I also got an Eye of Sulfuras because no one wanted it. I'm thinking about going for it because it's kind of been a dream of mine to use it when I first started playing in 2007. 50 Arcanite bars and 8 sulfuron ingots though. Whew.

The Warrior PvP set is so good for PvE DPS, it's really crazy that they have such strong crossover, but obviously it makes sense when might stuff is stam and defence oriented. Also, the prices of arcanite bars are high right now due to arcanite bars but I think you'll see a dip in early P4 once everyone largely has their shit sorted out. Ingot prices have similarly dropped to the point where even I'm considering picking up a few in the event that I get an eye one day haha.

There have been a few times when I've thought that this game isn't worth investing in and that maybe I should quit, but tomorrow is raid day and I'm just as pumped as always. We've had no luck with Druid or healer loot generally on our first two BWL runs so it's bound to happen tomorrow... surely.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
The Warrior PvP set is so good for PvE DPS, it's really crazy that they have such strong crossover, but obviously it makes sense when might stuff is stam and defence oriented. Also, the prices of arcanite bars are high right now due to arcanite bars but I think you'll see a dip in early P4 once everyone largely has their shit sorted out. Ingot prices have similarly dropped to the point where even I'm considering picking up a few in the event that I get an eye one day haha.

There have been a few times when I've thought that this game isn't worth investing in and that maybe I should quit, but tomorrow is raid day and I'm just as pumped as always. We've had no luck with Druid or healer loot generally on our first two BWL runs so it's bound to happen tomorrow... surely.

My goal is to see the content I never got to as someone who never raided until like WotLK. I never even saw the inside of BWL or AQ before so it's cool to do these fights and explore new places. If they do TBC I'm looking forward to doing those raids as well. And TBH get that Sulfuras because I saw one when I first started playing and it blew my mind. Now i have a real chance to get one as well which would be cool. I too have been thinking about my end goals with the game because eventually I will have done everything I wanted to especially since there are no real unknowns on the horizon.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
My goal is to see the content I never got to as someone who never raided until like WotLK. I never even saw the inside of BWL or AQ before so it's cool to do these fights and explore new places. If they do TBC I'm looking forward to doing those raids as well. And TBH get that Sulfuras because I saw one when I first started playing and it blew my mind. Now i have a real chance to get one as well which would be cool. I too have been thinking about my end goals with the game because eventually I will have done everything I wanted to especially since there are no real unknowns on the horizon.

The beauty right now is that there is at least another year to go worth of releases, whether it be raids, PvP, updated quests and gear, etc. So there is plenty of time to figure out end game goals and plan accordingly.

I've been socking away cash and materials for AQ and Naxx already although I've only really started scratching the surface. My main goal atm is to keep my rep grinds strong. I'm Exalted with all of the horde factions, AV, AD, Thorium and the Timbermaw so I'm doing alright so far. Really need to start working on WSG so that I can shift to AB once p4 comes out. Also, only like 8 more MCs until I'm full exalted with the Hydraxian Waterlords lol

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
The beauty right now is that there is at least another year to go worth of releases, whether it be raids, PvP, updated quests and gear, etc. So there is plenty of time to figure out end game goals and plan accordingly.

I've been socking away cash and materials for AQ and Naxx already although I've only really started scratching the surface. My main goal atm is to keep my rep grinds strong. I'm Exalted with all of the horde factions, AV, AD, Thorium and the Timbermaw so I'm doing alright so far. Really need to start working on WSG so that I can shift to AB once p4 comes out. Also, only like 8 more MCs until I'm full exalted with the Hydraxian Waterlords lol

jesus christ, how many hours are you playing a week?

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Heh, I'm just as bad an altoholic as I ever was so I'm basically fully geared and exalted with... nothing at all.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I've been experimenting with DME jump runs to farm arcane crystals but that last boss always gets me. I think I'll just keep to my slow and steady farm. Every time I get a 10 stack of Winterfall Firewater, I sell it and buy an arcanite bar as the prices are about the same. 49 more to go for Sulfuras! I'll have to grind for the Sulfuron Ingots as well but the price on those seems to be dropping since they aren't used for anything else. We have a couple in the guild bank as well. I met a guy while we were farming Winterfall that said he'd forge the hammer for me for free because he just wanted to see it get made.

Heh, I'm just as bad an altoholic as I ever was so I'm basically fully geared and exalted with... nothing at all.
I'm the opposite. I even bought a bunch of gear for a twink that I left at level 10. I just get attached to my one duder and never switch. Even in retail after hundreds of days of playtime I only ever leveled one character up to the max level. I know a lot of altholics though. Nothing wrong with it!

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I'm the opposite. I even bought a bunch of gear for a twink that I left at level 10. I just get attached to my one duder and never switch. Even in retail after hundreds of days of playtime I only ever leveled one character up to the max level. I know a lot of altholics though. Nothing wrong with it!
I'm hoping that eventually I'll be able to focus on one. I levelled my priest first and I *love* dungeon healing but up to this point I'm not feeling it at raid level (the priest is the only chatracter I've raided with)... so I moved to a druid but I'm also not completely sold on druid tanking. Then I levelled a hunter to farm but got bored, I'm now levelling a mage (also more for farming) and a shaman (because I really like healing) and I've just started a warrior. >_<

60 priest
60 druid
42 hunter (parked)
34 mage
27 shaman
14 warrior
12 warrior
10 warlock
7 rogue

I started a second warrior because I couldn't decide whether to stick with orc or go tauren. As a healer I get irrationally angry wasting my mana on blood fury debuffed orcs so I rolled a tauren. :p

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
... so I moved to a druid but I'm also not completely sold on druid tanking.

Druid tanking is the truth. I'm 1/29/21 and I've successfully tanked all non raid content with varying levels of gear. I normally raid heal but being able to tank dungeons is fabulous as you can basically reserve whatever you want as people are super hard up for tanks.

Druid tanking is about adapting to the group. Sometimes I wear my full mitigation gear when the group has a bit of a weaker healer or the DPS is lower. But if you've got a good healer you can often switch some extra damage gear on which helps with keeping threat. Druid's are masters at single target tanking, once you get multiple targets it definitely gets harder but it can be managed.

When it comes to raiding, Druid's really need to walk a fine line between DPS gear and tank. The exception to this is when you're spamming manual crowd pummeler which allows you to wear way more mitigation gear. Our guild Druid tank definitely doesn't use MCPs other than occasionally and he does great. Now that he has boots of shadow flame and is close to getting drake fang Talisman he is laughing

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Our druid tank and the warrior with thunderfury are the only ones that can hold aggro on Vael. It's tough as a dps warrior because for that fight you have to be going as hard as possible but have no way to drop threat.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
Our druid tank and the warrior with thunderfury are the only ones that can hold aggro on Vael. It's tough as a dps warrior because for that fight you have to be going as hard as possible but have no way to drop threat.
Just wait until MT gets like 8k threat, then start. It shouldnt take long, and tanks should be using quick daggers to generate threat fast. Really the only thing you got to be careful with is if the first couple that get burning adrenaline are locks or mages - mostly locks, they need to relax especially with critting once or twice in a row. We wiped today because of that.

Oct 28, 2017
Just wait until MT gets like 8k threat, then start. It shouldnt take long, and tanks should be using quick daggers to generate threat fast. Really the only thing you got to be careful with is if the first couple that get burning adrenaline are locks or mages - mostly locks, they need to relax especially with critting once or twice in a row. We wiped today because of that.

We have our MT start, then OT 5 seconds later, then next OT 5 seconds later, then DPS starts. So DPS waits 15 seconds. Super easy that way.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Our guild MT is a bear - I should say I'm not sold on the gameplay rather than the viability of the spec. :)

This thing is also one step too far for something I'm willing to spend time on. :p

If you're Alliance I don't blame you, but if you're Horde it's super easy. Set your HS in GromGol (the number one best HS point for Horde fight me and don't @me) then you just pop down to booty bay, use the transporter and squeeze 5 quick resets in then port to moonglade or take the boat or do whatever. It's an easy farm and not that inconvenient. Also, you don't need 80 MCPs in your bag unless you're like a hardcore minmax guild.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
We got to Firemaw last night. One shot Vael and Broodlord. Had some hiccups on the transition for Razorgore for some reason but our phase 1's are going great and I think we got a definite strat in place now.

We were able to get Firemaw quite low but our tanks have some trouble with the swapping and Line of Sight. Every attempt improved though, even one where we accidentally pulled during buffs on our last attempt and got him the lowest. We are going to try again tonight so I think we'll get him and then onto the loot dragons.

Some of my guildmates were harping on consumes and how people aren't taking the time to farm for raid by having stacks of potions but to me that's almost never the issue. It's 100% nailing what the boss does and your individual response that will net you boss kills. Consumables won't get you from wiping at 20% to a kill imo. Master the mechanics and stay alive and you'll do more damage/healing/tanking than any consumable will provide. You'll also get more gains if you master your rotation and master cooldowns. With some helpful information from people here and elsewhere I jumped up the charts more than any consume would've gotten me.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
We got to Firemaw last night. One shot Vael and Broodlord. Had some hiccups on the transition for Razorgore for some reason but our phase 1's are going great and I think we got a definite strat in place now.

We were able to get Firemaw quite low but our tanks have some trouble with the swapping and Line of Sight. Every attempt improved though, even one where we accidentally pulled during buffs on our last attempt and got him the lowest. We are going to try again tonight so I think we'll get him and then onto the loot dragons.

Some of my guildmates were harping on consumes and how people aren't taking the time to farm for raid by having stacks of potions but to me that's almost never the issue. It's 100% nailing what the boss does and your individual response that will net you boss kills. Consumables won't get you from wiping at 20% to a kill imo. Master the mechanics and stay alive and you'll do more damage/healing/tanking than any consumable will provide. You'll also get more gains if you master your rotation and master cooldowns. With some helpful information from people here and elsewhere I jumped up the charts more than any consume would've gotten me.
Regarding consumes, its just something people should be doing during progression. People not taking the time to get and use consumes just tell me that they're lazy and are used to be carried in MC and believe they can just float on by in BWL. I'm not even talking about flasks, just some pots and bis food consumes. Also things like grater fire protection potions can help on some fights a lot. Yea it's not going to bring you from 20% to a kill, but if you got it to like 8% it sure would've. Remember that 20% is execution phase, and goes by a lot quicker.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Consumes should be used in two situations: (1) where you may be mechanically sound on a boss (not perfect, but very good) and you need consumes to get you over the jump, and (2) for speed clearing when things are on farm. On our first BWL we wiped three times on Razorgore just to make sure people knew their roles and the fight mechanics and after that we all popped consumes and cleared it easily, just as an example.

I think people underestimate how big of an impact not using consumes can have. Even yesterday we cleared from 2nd loot dragon to Nef, everything one shot then moved into MC and had a really shit time on Lucifron because almost no one used restorative potions and a shit load of people ate the massive shadow damage. We didn't need to use heavy consumables because we didn't know the fight, just to save the effort, and when people don't save the effort when everyone expects you to it can get hairy.

Also, had a huge night last night, Stormrage gloves and empowered leggings (i can still keep 3 piece as a result of getting the gloves which is fabulous) and a herald of woe which is going to be unreal for when AB rolls around. That's the kind of night that keeps you in business!

Last edited:

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
We're having some trouble on Firemaw. What are the strats you guys are using?

I read the ideal strat is to have more than 300 FR so you just have one tank and the others just come out to taunt wing buffet and retreat back. Or can you just have one tank do everything if they are dropping Flame Buffet stacks with such high FR? I guess the danger is healers pulling aggro then. The DPS should not be getting a lot of threat because we are falling back to LOS at 6-8 stacks.

Oct 28, 2017
We're having some trouble on Firemaw. What are the strats you guys are using?

I read the ideal strat is to have more than 300 FR so you just have one tank and the others just come out to taunt wing buffet and retreat back. Or can you just have one tank do everything if they are dropping Flame Buffet stacks with such high FR? I guess the danger is healers pulling aggro then. The DPS should not be getting a lot of threat because we are falling back to LOS at 6-8 stacks.

DPS need to fall back at5 stacks. No exceptions. They should bandage constantly.

You use one MT primarily in full FR. Three OTs stay behind cover in FR. they do not dps at all. 6 seconds before wing buffet the three OTs all run out and taunt. MT moves aside. MT regains threat naturally from wing buffet.

When do you guys raid? I'm happy to give some active feedback in Discord if you guys want.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
DPS need to fall back at5 stacks. No exceptions. They should bandage constantly.

You use one MT primarily in full FR. Three OTs stay behind cover in FR. they do not dps at all. 6 seconds before wing buffet the three OTs all run out and taunt. MT moves aside. MT regains threat naturally from wing buffet.

When do you guys raid? I'm happy to give some active feedback in Discord if you guys want.

I think our MT is under 300 in his FR set, is that not enough? I can pass your offer along to the Raid Leader and see what he thinks. We do BWL on Wednesdays at 7 and MC/BWL "cleanup" on Thursdays at 7. I think we're also having trouble mitigating Shadow Flame during tank transitions and then the follow up damage destroys them.

For DPS, I think we need to kick our numbers up as we had quite a bit of ranged below 100 which I don't think is enough to do it in a timely manner.

Oct 27, 2018
My guild has invited members of another guild to raid with us, even though we were fine filling up okay. I'm late 100% of the time and usually get added to fill the last slot, but I guess this new guild (who are refugees from a recent split guild after their GM stole some items without paying dkp or something — idk why they didn't just join ours, rather than run with half and half) will make it 40 from the start of each raid. As if should be, I guess. so Inthink it's finally time to find a guild whose raid times suit me. Shame though cos they're all great ppl.

I'm sure there are more great guilds though; the community on my server is great. And it's really highlighted when you do cross realm AV and everyone is cursing everyone else out for being "fucking spastic cunts" for not all working together. Damn I hope the guys I played with from Dragon's Call server get some lengthy bans - pathetic people, need to remember it's a game, and real people behind the avatar they're abusing.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

We use something like this, but usually only need 1 MT and one OT. Another strategy which we used yesterday was basically to have two MTs and one OT where the second MT is constantly fighting for aggro and after the wing buffet grabs top threat and becomes the MT while the original MT LOS and bandage to drop stacks. It worked decently well although having one MT is preferable.

Our MT has around 300-350 FR which helps the stacks from accumulating too much. The idea is that the MT has to interrupt the stacks otherwise he dies or healers go OOM. We also have a strict no healing the DPS policy, although our shamans definitely top them up a bit. Let DPS LOS and bandage or potion if they have no FR. If they have a shitload of FR the fight will likely be easier though.

Oct 28, 2017
We use something like this, but usually only need 1 MT and one OT. Another strategy which we used yesterday was basically to have two MTs and one OT where the second MT is constantly fighting for aggro and after the wing buffet grabs top threat and becomes the MT while the original MT LOS and bandage to drop stacks. It worked decently well although having one MT is preferable.

Our MT has around 300-350 FR which helps the stacks from accumulating too much. The idea is that the MT has to interrupt the stacks otherwise he dies or healers go OOM. We also have a strict no healing the DPS policy, although our shamans definitely top them up a bit. Let DPS LOS and bandage or potion if they have no FR. If they have a shitload of FR the fight will likely be easier though.

You use multiple OTs to mitigate taunt resists. It's safer and the reduced dps is irrelevant. Firemaw is not a dps race. Anyone approaching it as one is making a mistake, even if it works.

Deleted member 10234

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm currently using that as the weapon mog on my shammy on retail. Still one of my favourite weapon designs in the game.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Priest drops are so rare for us, it's mad. We have 1 3-piece T2 so far. Sure, we've only had 3 raids, but only 1 non set item has gone to Priests (more to our 2 Shadow Priests, ironically!), and the thing that has dropped has always been the minor upgrade (or even downgrade but good for set bonus), not the killer!

T2 legs... 2 since we started in November.

Oct 28, 2017
Priest drops are so rare for us, it's mad. We have 1 3-piece T2 so far. Sure, we've only had 3 raids, but only 1 non set item has gone to Priests (more to our 2 Shadow Priests, ironically!), and the thing that has dropped has always been the minor upgrade (or even downgrade but good for set bonus), not the killer!

T2 legs... 2 since we started in November.

We got our first Bloodfang Pants this week. We've been killing Rag since early September.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Finally hit max exalted with Shen'Dralar yesterday, the nightmare grind is over. Now I can go *checks notes* find another dumb rep grind to do.