• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
Going to be playing a Horde Warrior on Faerlina. If anyone else is rolling there, feel free to add me. Michael#18228

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
It might be getting a bit late in the launch window now but it would probably have been a decent idea to run a poll to decide what region, type of server (PvE, PvP, -RP) and then what server specifically to create an initial community and see if we can make a ERA guild/community stick. If it works out then it can be expanded to the other server types and regions. Whilst it wouldn't cater to everyone initially, deciding by majority would get the most people in to try and kickstart a larger community presence down the road.

I know this was done, recently. I can't find the thread though! They had decided on PvP and I thought they even had a realm down.

Rösti

Oct 25, 2017
Maining a warrior, probably going Arms. I'm very excited for the launch, making a guild with some folks I played with many years ago.

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
I like the idea of rolling on Old Blanchy. Serious. I'm just waiting to see if it looks like enough players will go! Otherwise I'm sticking on the full realm I already have character names saved on.

Casualcore

Jul 25, 2018
So...if I get a month of WoW to fill the time until DQ XI S comes out...how much of the next month should I expect to spend in queue?

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I was making a character yesterday and didn't have a name in mind, so clicked the random name button. It gave me "Doomroxxar".

So, yeah. Yall better watch out for Doomroxxar.

Squirt

Oct 28, 2017
Tanking as an arms warrior and healing as a shadow priest. Just like I did in vanilla. My original plan was to go alliance as always, but serioulsy reconsidering horde this time.

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
Can I run this on a 2017 MacBook Air that has 8gb ram, i5 processor, ssd and integrated video card ? Wanna play it but heard some say it's a new engine and the system requirements mean nothing and you'll need a proper gaming PC.
MC LF39M

I run regular WoW (BFA) fine on my Surface 6 with integrated. Not sure about a new engine though.
IIRC it's just a modified version of 7.3.5, running the old WoW models/textures/etc. Should actually be easier to run than BFA is(particularly on low end/old systems), but I havent tried Classic on a Mac so I cant personally vouch for it. But given how modern WoW runs on low end Windows laptops(and traditionally has run on Macs) I would imagine at worst that Classic will be fine outside of BGs/Raids/etc. Might have to suffer with low settings though :p

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I'll probably be rolling an undead warrior but I also can't give up playing a Night Elf druid. I'm making him exactly the same as he was as a wee adventurer.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I will be rolling Alliance with my girlfriend, we'll be partying with a friend of ours who just moved across the country. I've put 150+ days /played into my main account over Vanilla - Cataclysm, but my highest Alliance character is maybe... 20~25? This'll be interesting for me at least.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Did we ever sort out an Era guild? I'd like to find a group to play with.

I played alliance always back in the day (gnome warlock for life). Thinking I'll roll Horde this time to see the other side. That and I've always wondered how it feels to be an undead rogue.

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who's never played WoW, would the relaunch of classic be the best way for me to get into WoW?

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
Ah, the OT, finally. Thanks. Good OP too.

Reserved my name (horde side) on the EU RP-PvE and RP-PvP. servers, just in case. I'm leaning towards PvE, but if it turns out to be very low pop I'll go join the gankfest. If anyone's gonna roll on those servers, feel free to hit me up. Probably not gonna start a guild (been there done that, don't feel like I have the time now), but a well-stocked friend list would be nice.

How do you all feel about servers with streamers (and their inevitable retinues)? I've sort of just baseline assumed they're not gonna be on RP servers, which I've always played on regardless.

As someone who's never played WoW, would the relaunch of classic be the best way for me to get into WoW?

Probably not? I mean. By 2019 standards parts of it are needlessly clunky and counter-intuitive. I can't imagine starting fresh in a 2004-2005 MMO now without the nostalgia to prop it up. But then again, they run on the same sub, so you could just try both if you're gonna try one of them.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017

It's really going to depend on your own preferences. Modern WoW is much more accessible. However, you can access both if you have a subscription. So it might be worth checking both versions out if you're interested in getting into WoW.

ravnelis

Prophet of Regret
Jan 1, 2018
I can't even express how excited I am! So many of my friends will be back for this. How is it possible after 14 years since launch??

ExInferus

Nov 14, 2017
Probably not? I mean. By 2019 standards parts of it are needlessly clunky and counter-intuitive. I can't imagine starting fresh in a 2004-2005 MMO now without the nostalgia to prop it up. But then again, they run on the same sub, so you could just try both if you're gonna try one of them.

don't you need to buy BfA to play it?

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Have they discussed what happens after all the phases are deployed?

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
don't you need to buy BfA to play it?

No, all you need is a subscription. Classic is a separate client that you download for free through the launcher.

Well, this, basically. I'd forgotten that BFA was actually a thing you needed to buy, but anyway - Classic just requires an active sub. Oh and yeah they consolidated all the previous expansions to be a lot more manageable, so I mean going 1-60 in Classic and 1-110 in Retail should give you an idea of whether you want to fork out for BFA and get to 120.

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Have they discussed what happens after all the phases are deployed?

Only to say that they have nothing to say. There was this answer from the reddit AmA:

Q: What are the plans after Phase 6? More content for classic or moving to TBC? 167

A: We've done most of the hard work by bringing back 1.12 so progressing to Burning Crusade would be a lot easier for us. Our plan is to identify everything we need to do should we ever decide to go this route. We want to be sensitive to the desires of our players. Some may want BC and some may not. We'll be following the Classic community closely to help determine what our next steps should be.

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I think they've heavily suggested it would be easy for them to move onto Burning Crusade, but they'd be evaluating what the fanbase wants after every phase is deployed.
Only to say that they have nothing to say. There was this answer from the reddit AmA:
As of now nothing, progress stops with Naxx. I would be extremely surprised if they don't go to BC at some point though.

Thank you. I thought they could do something like Rift did a couple of years ago, reset the servers and everyone starting over again after a couple months. Well see.

I hope they're ready for launch day a lot of people will be subscribing last minute to play the game.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I so wish I didn't need a sub to play classic. But it is what it is. I'm fine never playing WoW I guess.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
I've been awaiting this with bated breath for months on end. Can't believe it's almost here.

Rolling Horde on Thalnos, hope to see a lot of other Era people there.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you. I thought they could do something like Rift did a couple of years ago, reset the servers and everyone starting over again after a couple months. Well see.

Something like that would have to be optional, i would think. A lot of people would be livid if they found out the plan was to erase everyone's characters and make you start over.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit, I'm happy for you guys but I get in full cold sweat mode just thinking about the slow leveling, the blue gear grinding, the rep farming, the mats farming, THE FUCKING ROGUES GANKING EVERYONE IN SIGHT, the attunements... Shit you've got balls of steel, kudos to you all

Oct 17, 2018
I really hope they take up the OSRS route of updating the game. Imo, the OSRS way of doing it is the best feature in any MMORPG ever.

Also, anyone playing on Shazzrah EU? Can't wait for dem juicy 5 hour login queues. Are they gonna turn logins on all at the same time, or could you just sit in the character selection screen for a couple of hours before hand?