• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
So Sylvanas has her original bunny hop NE model doesn't she. That'll throw some for a loop.

yup she didn't get a model upgrade until much later...Wonder how it would have evolved if Blizzard went with this one though (wotlk beta placeholder).
sylvanas-3.jpg

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wait, are 24h AV marathons back? Or are they going to implement some fix? That was a thing I wouldn't want to experience again but it would be fun to see someone else suffering through it lol

Nov 1, 2017
yup she didn't get a model upgrade until much later...Wonder how it would have evolved if Blizzard went with this one though (wotlk beta placeholder).

I remember when they changed her to a blood elf model. Many mourned the bunny hop of the dark lady.

Wait, are 24h AV marathons back? Or are they going to implement some fix? That was a thing I wouldn't want to experience again but it would be fun to see someone else suffering through it lol

Sadly this is a nerfed version so not the legendary version :/

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018

If they're reproduced as they were there's every reason to assume they'll be like that again. Good for the rep, not great if you ever want to finish one.

Or had they already nerfed it by 1.12?

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018

It's the nerfed AV. Much faster comparatively, much less epicness. I barely got to experience the day long AV's of old...only had recently reached minimum level to queue for it and play a game or two before they nerfed it

Still better than the AV of future generations imo though...I liked summoning the giant elemental npcs lol (which is still worth it somewhat in the patch's version).

Last edited:

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Aaaaah pity. Though I can see why they nerfed it. Imagine today's streamers playing epic AV, some people would end up in the hospital lol

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
I wish we had an option to play with modern graphics/models :(

There aren't modern models but the highest settings are significantly boosted from what classic actually was back in the day. I believe the "classic" graphical setting is only a 3 out of 10 on the presets slider. Boosting that gives you a lot more draw distance, grass density, ground clutter, and shadows.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
I am hyped as HELL for this. Can't wait to dive in Monday. My guild had our hype meeting the other day and will be on Pagle-PvE.

Its one of the early full servers so this likely means I'll be looking at the queue screen trying to get in like everyone else.

Played the hell out of the beta which was super eye opening in comparison to Private Servers. There's so much that's different on the authentic servers that it meant relearning a lot of stuff. Especially about leveling. Been waiting for this for so long. Hyped as hell.

Mr Paptimus

Oct 26, 2017
One more rolling Grob! Dwarf priest. Priest was the one class I never really played so thought I'd give it a shot.

Surprised to see so many are on Grob. Are you guys actually going to RP or.it just rolling there for less drama?

I'm actually going to give it a go if for no other reason then a new experience. I tried a few times back when I played but never really got into it because I was always in such a rush to level.

Now? Why rush? There's no new content to see. I have no real desire to raid anymore. So I'll just take my time, meet some people. Do some dungeons and pvp.

dmr87

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I was ready to go February 11th 2005, close to fifteen years later and the drums of war thunder, once again.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Better look into installing omen threat meter. Also... I'm excited to run sunken temple. What is wrong with me?

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I might be one of the biggest WoW fans there is, playing most of the last 15 years, and I just can't summon up interest in Classic. It makes me sad that I can't enjoy it with everyone. Maybe I'll play for a day, but the spark isn't there for me on this. I love the modern game more than most, so maybe that's part of it.

Have fun everyone!

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I might be one of the biggest WoW fans there is, playing most of the last 15 years, and I just can't summon up interest in Classic. It makes me sad that I can't enjoy it with everyone. Maybe I'll play for a day, but the spark isn't there for me on this. I love the modern game more than most, so maybe that's part of it.

Have fun everyone!

Did you try the beta? I found it much more enjoyable than I had anticipated. I went from thinking "eh, fuck it. I'll level to 10 when it comes out and quit" to instead really looking forward to it.

Since you play retail you might as well give it a shot!

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't made a character yet on Herod... servers aren't locked or anything right? I can reserve a name whenever?

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
Did you try the beta? I found it much more enjoyable than I had anticipated. I went from thinking "eh, fuck it. I'll level to 10 when it comes out and quit" to instead really looking forward to it.

Reminds me of this video from Venruki. :)

I think a lot of people are going to be surprised how much they enjoy Classic if they actually give it a chance.

BTW Soda you should add Venruki to the OP. God-tier PVPer, dueling champion in the beta, and just a super humble and chill dude all around.

Last edited:

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
I remade my vanilla orc shaman for this, I finally get to relive the glory of English shammy with WF!

Not sure if this patch is before or after the internal cooldown was added though, hopefully we can get some fun chain procs!!

M.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Played hardcore from 05-08ish... Nostalgia hooks got me good!

I had a Gnome Mage but I really want to switch it up. I'm thinking horde for sure, but can't decide the class, leaning towards warrior and rogue. Except healer or hybrid would be cool, and I always wanted to try hunter... Oh the decisions.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing on Classic settings, only with view distance maxxed and AA/AF cranked. Everything else will be on the classic setting.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm conflited, i want to level up a Tauren Warrior but Mulgore is the absolute worst starting zone of Vanilla. Durotar will be crowded to hell and traveling to Tirisfal is a long journey.

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Blizzard intends to break the LFG addon, in my opinion this is a very good move.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/classiclfg-addon/263761/10?u=nukecrater-illidan

Oh wow. I thought that link would be to the reddit post or something, but its an actual Blue response, and a very cool one at that. I'm all for people playing how they want, but Classic exists due to a strong desire for an environment that this addon specifically disrupts.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017

Since you play retail you might as well give it a shot!

Yeah, a couple of times. I lasted less than 20-30 minutes each time.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Ive just been watching tons of overviews of the races and classes and stuff. The hype is REALLY getting to me. Rolling a Troll Shaman, too. Never played Horde so its definitely a new experience.

LegendofTrey

Oct 27, 2017
Horde on Herod here. We all got our names the day they did the reservation thing so my friends refuse to roll on another server. Probably going to suck ass the first few weeks.

I was alliance for launch back in 2004, and rolled a mage. Doing horde this time but same class and name.

when I got my name reserved (Rko), I got legit goosebumps

Iadien

Oct 25, 2017
Classic is gonna be huge on twitch. As for content creators, the biggest name of vanilla WoW is coming back.
Kungen tweet
http://www.twitch.tv/kungentv

Kungen mentioned coming back for classic WoW back in May, but I didn't think he would actually come back to streaming because it has been like 3 years since he's been on Twitch, glad he's back though. Even though he hasn't streamed in years he should be pretty big on Twitch again, as he was clearly one of the best players back in the day.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Whoever is in charge of the Discord should lock it one hour before Classic launches and point everyone to the Ventrilo server that will be used instead.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Crosspost from other thread:

Everyone planning to roll on Thalnos should probably know it's the unofficial Latin American/French server. The language barrier and added latency cause a lot of problems in Live, and I would expect to see that continue in Classic. If you play WoW, you might be familiar with the negative reputation the Ragnaros server has due to these issues.

The newest server demographic survey results can be viewed here:

Old version for reference (doesn't include the servers added 8/26):

Decided to create a Strawpoll to see if people wanted to stay on Thalnos regardless of the possible latency issues. All the servers listed in the poll are East Coast based, as someone from the other thread brought up a good point that it's easier for people on the West Coast (like myself) to log on earlier than to have people on the EC stay up later for dungeons/raids.

Deleted member 14735

Oct 27, 2017
So excited. Not going to be able to play on the Era server since I'm already stretched thin with three characters on three different ones, two to play with my friend/brother and then Grob which is where I want to be myself. But it seems like a fair number of Era are going to be on Grob anyway. Mostly Alliance though it looks like, so if we meet in game, it'll be on the battlefield :)