• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Tanks are definitely still in need. I'm honestly seeing more "LFM DPS" than I am "LF healer". It's bizarre. I've been playing WoW a long time and never have I seen such a saturation of healers.

I think it's pretty easy to see why based on what people read prior to starting WoW classic. Pretty much everywhere you go you read how priests are fucking amazing across the board. You're also told that Paladins are garbage tanks and druids are situational at best. Also only roll a hybrid if you want to heal.

Basically it created a situation where people only use warrior to tank and ultimately lots of warriors want to DPS instead.

Personally I'm happy as I rolled a Druid. I just alternate between tank/heals/DPS depending on what's needed. Probably the most underrated part of the leveling experience as a Druid.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Personally I'm happy as I rolled a Druid. I just alternate between tank/heals/DPS depending on what's needed. Probably the most underrated part of the leveling experience as a Druid.
I did RFD last night with a Druid tank and Shaman DPS and they were both talking about how they'll be forced to go resto at 60. :-(

Chances are if I level those I'll happily heal anyway.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
You know RP servers are great and all but they should really make it so it uses a first name last name system because you can't get any fuckin name holy shit!

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
What's a good east coast PVP server? I know one was filled with Streamers. I created a character on Thalnos and barely saw any English then read its like the unofficial Brazil server and another server might be mostly other South American countries and I know no Spanish.

Edit: looking at the newer servers. Has anyone played on Kromcrush?

Last edited:

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
What's a good east coast PVP server? I know one was filled with Streamers. I created a character on Thalnos and barely saw any English then read its like the unofficial Brazil server and another server might be mostly other South American countries and I know no Spanish.

What are you looking for? Faction balance, or tilted one way? High pop with queues, or medium without?

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Been absent for a week or so due to other games but plan on picking this back up soon. Sorry for my absence AllianceEra!

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
What are you looking for? Faction balance, or tilted one way? High pop with queues, or medium without?
Going horde, so I'm not expecting to be fully balanced but something close and preferably a server that hits High. Also looking to avoid streamer servers or servers taht are majority not English.

Oct 27, 2018
Went to Westfall this afternoon to get myself a red defias mask, which is a rogue rite of passage, and am all set for WC tonight. Hopefully can then to SFK straight after. Happy to do SFK a ton of times cos I'd absolutely jizz if I got Shadowfang or Assassin's Blade. 🤤

Gonna do my best to do both dungeons without a hunter (or another rogue) in the party so I get all the +agi leather stuff. Oh and the Venomstrike bow yes plz

I F'n love WC!

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Going horde, so I'm not expecting to be fully balanced but something close and preferably a server that hits High. Also looking to avoid streamer servers or servers taht are majority not English.

Grobbulus, Benediction, Incendius, Kromcrush, Blaemeux are all relatively balanced high pop servers, mostly skewed somewhat toward horde.

OP
OP
Soda

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand

Grob is virtually streamer-free and has a 52/48% A/H split last I check. I've never heard of non-English speakers there, and it hits High pop on weekends and evenings consistently.

It is an RP-PVP server and not plain old PVP, however.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
At what point do Paladins become virtually unkillable? I hear all about how Paladins have somewhat low damage, but that they can solo elite quests and tank 4 mobs at a time without any problems. I'm level 15 now and I'm super squishy. Fighting two mobs at my level and I'll come close to dying.

Jokab

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone else using Auctioneer? I'm pretty sure that despite putting my auctions out for 24h they expire after 12h. Anyone run into that?

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
At what point do Paladins become virtually unkillable? I hear all about how Paladins have somewhat low damage, but that they can solo elite quests and tank 4 mobs at a time without any problems. I'm level 15 now and I'm super squishy. Fighting two mobs at my level and I'll come close to dying.

I don't play a paladin but keep in mind level 15 is very early. Many classes don't really come into their own until the big skill gains at level 20 or even level 30.

edit: looks like paladins get Divine Shield (aka "bubble") at level 34. That is a key ability

Oct 28, 2017
Do you inherit any hit chance? I mean in the sense that you start of with say 5 and you need gear to got to that 8-9%?

It's 8% for yellow attacks but for a complicated reason it's actually 9%. If you have 5 weapon skill from human or orc racials, it goes to 6%. Should be top priority for all melee.

For casters it's 17% I think? I might be wrong.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
My guild killed Ragnaros tonight on our second attempt, it's the first week we had enough dousers so I'm happy it went so smooth. I was also alotted 2 bits of Nightslayer so I can't complain about that.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone else using Auctioneer? I'm pretty sure that despite putting my auctions out for 24h they expire after 12h. Anyone run into that?
I use TradeSkillMaster but I believe Auctioneer has the same bug where it uses the retail auction times so 24 is really 12 and 48 is really 24.

Oct 25, 2017
lmao me and a friend were 52 and leveling in searing gorge when we accidentally killed this gnome who was super low with an aoe and it seemingly started world war 3.

The zone was super crowded and about 5 minutes after that kill a group of 2 alliance rushed us and then some more horde came to help and after we barely survived the fight we went outside and no joke it seemed like every player was fighting another player. It basically became impossible to quest for about 45min.

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
16 runs failing to get an item with a 41% drop rate. Throwing in the towel and quitting, I play mobile games less time consuming.

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
Was kind of in a slump as i hit 32 because all the zones were full to the brim, and there was a lot of random ganking going on.
Right now i'm back in full swing. Started going to zones that are a little below my level, and i can kill mobs faster, get more rewards and gold, and breeze through most of the quests.

Just hit 36 last night in Desolace, my professions are all at or near 225.
I've had a lot of spontaneous grouping, helpful players everywhere, playful banter during dungeons.
This game is good.

Jokab

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I use TradeSkillMaster but I believe Auctioneer has the same bug where it uses the retail auction times so 24 is really 12 and 48 is really 24.
Yeah they fixed that bug in a beta release which I downloaded, but even with the time correction to 24h I'm convinced the 24h option gets me 12h of actual AH time. Which is incorrect, right?

Oct 27, 2018
Went to Westfall this afternoon to get myself a red defias mask, which is a rogue rite of passage, and am all set for WC tonight. Hopefully can then to SFK straight after. Happy to do SFK a ton of times cos I'd absolutely jizz if I got Shadowfang or Assassin's Blade. 🤤

Gonna do my best to do both dungeons without a hunter (or another rogue) in the party so I get all the +agi leather stuff. Oh and the Venomstrike bow yes plz

I F'n love WC!
Ended up doing WC with another rogue. Skum dropped the cloak and the other rogue got it. :\ I didn't mind so much, cos I wanted the dagger but ehh it's still annoying. Loads of mail dropped but our tank was a druid so it all went to waste. Still need more wailing essence and serpentbloom so it's an excuse to run it again, and get to level 21. Hopefully Venomstrike drops too. I reckon I'd probably just use that bow forever, given how little I actually use ranged attack.

Hopefully I can play my priest tonight with my friend and build up some rested xp on my rogue.

Kor of Memory

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ahhhh!

I hit 40 last night with 80G in my pocket. Being a shaman I looked at my skills and just bough Chain Heal, and the ability to wear Mail armor. Each cost 1g8s a piece.

I put a ton of stuff on the AH last night and woke up to another 12G, so I'm sitting around 91G right this second. It's worth noting there is also about 14G worth of skills from my class trainer I haven't bothered to pick up yet. I'll get there, I just don't see the point in learning FlameTongue Rank 3 when I only use Windfury and Rockbiter.

I got super luck over the weekend. Friday someone was listing full stacks of Mithril ore with a Buyout of like 9G (Which is never gonna sell on our server), but the initial bid was like 60s. and there were 3 stacks listed this way. So I got 3 stacks of Mithril for less than 2G and just threw the right back up on the AH.

Lately I've been offering my own discounts. So if I have a 20 stack of Mithril, I'll sell 10 of them for 10s each, and then I'll sell 5 sets of 2 for 19s. Basically giving a tiny discount. It's worked like everytime, too.

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017
So yeah, I stopped levelling my mage at 28 and rolled a lock. Got my lock to 32 and worked on my shaman on the side. My shaman is now 29 and I'm still not sure which one to get to 60 first :S

zeknurn

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm looking to start leveling a farming alt to my holy priest main. I'l be picking up herb/alchemy as professions but I'm torn between mage and hunter. They're both great solo target farmers while the mage will be able to aoe farm DME and the hunter will be able to do DM Tribute runs in the future. I'm a bit more intrigued by the gameplay and general sustain of the hunter but the wide utility of a mage seems more useful.

Anyone able to sway me in one way or another?

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
So I'm looking to start leveling a farming alt to my holy priest main. I'l be picking up herb/alchemy as professions but I'm torn between mage and hunter. They're both great solo target farmers while the mage will be able to aoe farm DME and the hunter will be able to do DM Tribute runs in the future. I'm a bit more intrigued by the gameplay and general sustain of the hunter but the wide utility of a mage seems more useful.

Play whatever is most fun. You won't be farming all the time.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Hillsbrad is active but Stranglethorn Vale is on another level at least on Incendius. It's a blood-soaked warzone. You can practically hear Fortunate Son playing as you roll up to Grom'gol in the zeppelin.

M.J.

Oct 25, 2017

Never played hunter but its easily more of an AFK class than mage. Mage has utility which means more effort, generally. AoE farming is great though.

Apple

Oct 27, 2017
Level 38 warrior with 120 gold in my pocket, feelin' pretty good about not having to stress about getting my level 40 mount now. Just to be sure, mount + training is 100g when all is said and done with the faction discount, right?

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Hillsbrad is active but Stranglethorn Vale is on another level at least on Incendius. It's a blood-soaked warzone. You can practically hear Fortunate Son playing as you roll up to Grom'gol in the zeppelin.

Is it wrong that I actually wish it did play as you entered the zone?

Level 38 warrior with 120 gold in my pocket, feelin' pretty good about not having to stress about getting my level 40 mount now. Just to be sure, mount + training is 100g when all is said and done with the faction discount, right?

Wow, grats. 90g all in.

Last edited:

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I should've grabbed two gathering professions. Blacksmithing is just gathering dust, and not the kind of dust I can sell. Even in end-game I'm more of a farmer of materials to sell rather than crafting goods just because the returns may be smaller but more immediate. I really liked the synergy of Jewlecrafting/Mining because of prospecting but I can't have that here.

The only tough part is that you can't track both at the same time. Maybe it doesn't even matter right now. Mining is more than enough to support me atm since I got my mount at level 40.

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played in over a decade. Is it worth picking up a trade as an early rogue? Right now I'm just skinning and gathering herbs to make money.

Kor of Memory

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played in over a decade. Is it worth picking up a trade as an early rogue? Right now I'm just skinning and gathering herbs to make money.

Those are great professions. Maybe pick up First Aid as well if you haven't. But those professions are fine.

I should've grabbed two gathering professions. Blacksmithing is just gathering dust, and not the kind of dust I can sell. Even in end-game I'm more of a farmer of materials to sell rather than crafting goods just because the returns may be smaller but more immediate. I really liked the synergy of Jewlecrafting/Mining because of prospecting but I can't have that here.

The only tough part is that you can't track both at the same time. Maybe it doesn't even matter right now. Mining is more than enough to support me atm since I got my mount at level 40.
Skinning is another gathering professions that doesn't require a tracker on your minimap.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Those are great professions. Maybe pick up First Aid as well if you haven't. But those professions are fine.

Skinning is another gathering professions that doesn't require a tracker on your minimap.

Yeah I was thinking about that too. Maybe I'll wait until I'm 60. Though I do wonder how fast I could catch my skinning back up to mobs around level 40. Too bad I already did the nesingwary quests. a skinning dream.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah I was thinking about that too. Maybe I'll wait until I'm 60. Though I do wonder how fast I could catch my skinning back up to mobs around level 40. Too bad I already did the nesingwary quests. a skinning dream.
Leveling skinning is insanely easy. You can basically always put yourself in areas where you will get guaranteed skill ups and you can max out skinning on low level 40 mobs. It probably wouldn't take more than going Mulgore, Barrens, STV, ferales