• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jipewithin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Getting ranks after like 6 months, like when ZG releases will me much, much easier than currently. Everyone who really wants to hit those top ranks will get them now, those who are not dedicated enough don't bother. Let's say it currently takes months of 20 hours AV a day, after 6 months it will be "just" 12-15.

Some could argue total player pool will shrink but I doubt it and even then im 100% sure hitting r10 or r11 will be a lot easier than it is now.

And of course this depends on realm, most competitive pvp realms will always be tough compared to some rp or pve realms.

OP
OP
Soda

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
Been enjoying AV way more the last few days than the first few it released. Putting a few people on defense on Horde is SO helpful and usually ensures a win.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Been enjoying AV way more the last few days than the first few it released. Putting a few people on defense on Horde is SO helpful and usually ensures a win.

It's funny, I'm already exalted so I put AV on ice, but towards the end of my run I noticed Horde winning a lot more games. It would make the games last maybe 10 minutes longer, but that way you would get the rep and the honor which was great. People are also doing a lot more turn ins. I even got to help summon lokholor and wing riders. I don't remember liking AV much back in the day but I like it quite a bit now.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
It's funny, I'm already exalted so I put AV on ice, but towards the end of my run I noticed Horde winning a lot more games. It would make the games last maybe 10 minutes longer, but that way you would get the rep and the honor which was great. People are also doing a lot more turn ins. I even got to help summon lokholor and wing riders. I don't remember liking AV much back in the day but I like it quite a bit now.

I'm on Incendius and our battlegroup seems to have caught on to this. It was interesting to watch the development happen live. First day or so I didn't win a single AV. We zerged and we lost the race in like 6 minutes. Then some people, included myself, started to trickle towards Frostwolf and would delay at Drek'thar until our zerg succeeded. Now we send ~10 south to camp up at the pass between the two towers and use that as a choke point since the archers help us immensely. I've had a couple matches where we got Wind Riders, summoned Lok, beefed up our guards and all that. It's a thousand times more fun now and we (the Horde) actually win. And you get a ton of rep and HKs because there are actual fights. If you're on D you're holding off the zerg just swimming in HKs. Then you get the clutch play where someone sneaks and caps the GY from behind them.

Getting ranks after like 6 months, like when ZG releases will me much, much easier than currently. Everyone who really wants to hit those top ranks will get them now, those who are not dedicated enough don't bother. Let's say it currently takes months of 20 hours AV a day, after 6 months it will be "just" 12-15.

Some could argue total player pool will shrink but I doubt it and even then im 100% sure hitting r10 or r11 will be a lot easier than it is now.

And of course this depends on realm, most competitive pvp realms will always be tough compared to some rp or pve realms.
Speaking of player numbers, I know the player pool has leveled off but we still get queues from time to time on Incendius which is insane to me.

Oct 28, 2017
I'm on Incendius and our battlegroup seems to have caught on to this. It was interesting to watch the development happen live. First day or so I didn't win a single AV. We zerged and we lost the race in like 6 minutes. Then some people, included myself, started to trickle towards Frostwolf and would delay at Drek'thar until our zerg succeeded. Now we send ~10 south to camp up at the pass between the two towers and use that as a choke point since the archers help us immensely. I've had a couple matches where we got Wind Riders, summoned Lok, beefed up our guards and all that. It's a thousand times more fun now and we (the Horde) actually win. And you get a ton of rep and HKs because there are actual fights. If you're on D you're holding off the zerg just swimming in HKs. Then you get the clutch play where someone sneaks and caps the GY from behind them.

Speaking of player numbers, I know the player pool has leveled off but we still get queues from time to time on Incendius which is insane to me.

Luckily Alliance now has coordinated premades and we can beat this strategy once again. But fuck your hunters on the archer towers haha.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Pagle-PvE is laggy today like it was like... week 1 or so. Its barely playable. I wonder if the paid transfers opened the floodgates.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Due to exams i haven't played Wow in a while. I logged on and all of my Addons are completly gone. Is there any addons i can find that work with this new update?

Oct 27, 2018
Due to exams i haven't played Wow in a while. I logged on and all of my Addons are completly gone. Is there any addons i can find that work with this new update?
worth going through them one by one and downloading the latest version from curse forge. Just make sure you get the Classic version. I believe you can get some twitch app that does it all for you but I don't have that.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
worth going through them one by one and downloading the latest version from curse forge. Just make sure you get the Classic version. I believe you can get some twitch app that does it all for you but I don't have that.
Yeah, the Twitch app is nice in that it's easy to update... but it's also a front end to *all* if Twitch. I'd much prefer a dedicated update client to all that bloat.

So I just fire it up once a day to check for updates then close it again.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Onyxia was hilarious last night. A real adventure actually killing her and then we were rolling for the bag and our RL gave the winner the Head. He boogied outta there real quick. Then a prot warrior rolled on the tier 2 but he wasn't tanking in our group so they fade it to the main rank who rolled slightly lower. I think some words were exchanged.

I rolled a 1 for the head and then a 100 for the bag of gems. Can that bag drop Arcane Crystals?

Oct 27, 2018
I think I'm Finally done with Uldaman 🥳🥳🥳

Some guy said I could have all the mushrooms if he could have all the mines, and got all the stones/power source stuff after forgetting to loot one of them last time.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Onyxia was hilarious last night. A real adventure actually killing her and then we were rolling for the bag and our RL gave the winner the Head. He boogied outta there real quick. Then a prot warrior rolled on the tier 2 but he wasn't tanking in our group so they fade it to the main rank who rolled slightly lower. I think some words were exchanged.

I rolled a 1 for the head and then a 100 for the bag of gems. Can that bag drop Arcane Crystals?

I think they only drop stuff like rubies and diamonds

Fake edit: classicdb says they can drop golden pearls which would be a good pay day.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
AV is such garbage with alliance being able to join in premades.

For us its fantastic lol. My grind to exalted is done, but yeah I was wondering if there was a horde equivalent. Seems there isn't. That shit is therapeutic though because without it Alliances win rate decreased, then this alternative came up and now its 100% wins even moreso than the first 2 days. But Im done with it now, maybe itll die down as more people hit exalted on their mains and alts?

Oct 28, 2017
For us its fantastic lol. My grind to exalted is done, but yeah I was wondering if there was a horde equivalent. Seems there isn't. That shit is therapeutic though because without it Alliances win rate decreased, then this alternative came up and now its 100% wins even moreso than the first 2 days. But Im done with it now, maybe itll die down as more people hit exalted on their mains and alts?

Yeah it for sure will die down but that just means horde queues will get much longer.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
These queues are so good for shaman. You play a game and ancestral recall to go farm for 10-15 and then join again. Even as a Druid I can teleport Moonglade but by the time I fly to WS and get to the furbolgs it's basically too late.

I finally picked up two bottomless bags which I'm really happy about. Take those and swap out my 16 slots in the bank and all the sudden there's lots of empty space!

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Its the que... Im so slow, I just realized that this is probably the reason why there's no horde av discord for premades right? You kind of need the instant que that alliance has to make it work so smoothly. With 5 minute ques or more it would be terrible.

I guess I feel for horde a bit now. I was thinking that Horde didn't have one because no one took the initiative to create one for the horde. I didnt think about the part that instant pvp queues play in that.

Oct 28, 2017
Its the que... Im so slow, I just realized that this is probably the reason why there's no horde av discord for premades right? You kind of need the instant que that alliance has to make it work so smoothly. With 5 minute ques or more it would be terrible.

I guess I feel for horde a bit now. I was thinking that Horde didn't have one because no one took the initiative to create one for the horde. I didnt think about the part that instant pvp queues play in that.

I don't think so. It'd work anyway.

zeknurn

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, only alliance are able to do premades because you need instant queues and it's absurd how badly it ruins the experience. I'm trying to get rep on my mage but I can't hand in any blood/meat because the rounds end in in 7 minutes.

Blizzard did something about the LFG and Spy addon because they ruined the spirit of Classic and they should do something about premade AVs too.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible for a macro to cast a spell on a friendly target if I have a mouseover target, and on myself If not. Basically want to to be able to drop my form and cast innervate either on myself or my mouseover target.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have a suggestion for a PvE server that actually has a good alliance population?
On EU all the PvE servers are massively Aliiance favoured...
Yeah, only alliance are able to do premades because you need instant queues and it's absurd how badly it ruins the experience. I'm trying to get rep on my mage but I can't hand in any blood/meat because the rounds end in in 7 minutes.

Blizzard did something about the LFG and Spy addon because they ruined the spirit of Classic and they should do something about premade AVs too.
You must be getting unlucky. When solo queuing the majority of my games as Alliance have been losses in the past few days because people don't really know what to do. Occasionally you'll get lucky and be put with a pre-made, but not that often.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
So:

Code:
#showtooltip Regrowth
/cancelform
/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][@target,help,nodead][@player] Regrowth

With this macro everything works *unless* I have a mouseover target. If I have no target it heals me, if I have a target it heals the target but if I have a mouseover target it refuses because I'm in form. Any ideas?

Ghostbound

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Just finished grinding to exalted with Stormpike and now I'm torn on if I want to continue playing AV or move onto WSG. The former gives so much more honor.

zeknurn

Oct 25, 2017
I hit exalted on my mage today which means I'm finally done with the AV grind on both my characters. I'm not stepping another foot in AV again. I'll be doing some wsg premades each week to maintain r3 for the discount.

On EU all the PvE servers are massively Aliiance favoured...

You must be getting unlucky. When solo queuing the majority of my games as Alliance have been losses in the past few days because people don't really know what to do. Occasionally you'll get lucky and be put with a pre-made, but not that often.

I wrote that after facing 5 premades in a row which almost made me alt+f4, but my luck picked up for the rest of the day which put the premade rate at around one third. It was bearable but still annoying with 20 minute queues.

Good luck to everyone still stuck in AV!

Oct 28, 2017
I hit exalted on my mage today which means I'm finally done with the AV grind on both my characters. I'm not stepping another foot in AV again. I'll be doing some wsg premades each week to maintain r3 for the discount.

I wrote that after facing 5 premades in a row which almost made me alt+f4, but my luck picked up for the rest of the day which put the premade rate at around one third. It was bearable but still annoying with 20 minute queues.

Good luck to everyone still stuck in AV!

Winning 2/3 of your games is a great rate!

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
AV is such garbage. It's the first thing they releases where I agree with people saying Blizzard doesn't care about Classic/want it to fail.

Premades, and being able to pull Drek without pulling any warmasters, when AV already sucks is awful.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Why would Blizz want Classic to fail?

Have I missed some yawningly dull YouTube controversy?

I dont know about "wanting it to fail" but theres something odd about us crying for classic for so many years.... Yearning for Old School original AV for years....

Then having them give us the late Classic AV, while the dev team gives Retail WoW the old AV with Korrak called Korrak's Revenge or whatever. That doesn't seem a little odd to you? Like... the timing of us going "Give us the old AV with classic" and the Classic team being like:

Classic Devs: "Nah we can't give you th.."
Retail Devs: "Come check out Classic AV with Korrak! Remember him!?"

I dunno. It seems a little odd. Im fine with it though, as a PvE server Alliance player, we have premades, so getting my level 51's overpowered 2h Polearms and getting exalted rep is easy as hell now. And thats all I really care about.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
I dont know about "wanting it to fail" but theres something odd about us crying for classic for so many years.... Yearning for Old School original AV for years....

Then having them give us the late Classic AV, while the dev team gives Retail WoW the old AV with Korrak called Korrak's Revenge or whatever. That doesn't seem a little odd to you? Like... the timing of us going "Give us the old AV with classic" and the Classic team being like:

Classic Devs: "Nah we can't give you th.."
Retail Devs: "Come check out Classic AV with Korrak! Remember him!?"

I dunno. It seems a little odd. Im fine with it though, as a PvE server Alliance player, we have premades, so getting my level 51's overpowered 2h Polearms and getting exalted rep is easy as hell now. And thats all I really care about.

That does seem a little odd, but hardly particularly weird or damning: the resonance of AV in Classic and Retail being available at the same time makes a kinda sense.

Otherwise they gave us 'no changes' AV, as per 1.12, as with the rest of Classic, which is all a great big waste of time and resources if they 'wanted it to fail'.

Not that you are saying that, of course, but my credulity is stretched by gamer logic often, and this seems like one of those times...

Oct 27, 2018
I've spent lots of money on goofy stuff including making a level 19 twink but at level 48 I'm finally gonna have enough for my mount. Unfortunately it will be a rubbish skeletal horse as in only Honored with Orgrimmar. Gonna make it my mission to get the AV wolf as my epic mount though.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Well I had a nice little Christmas break and managed to make a lot of progress. Got exalted with AV so I got a new 2H mace, a really nice ring and my epic mount. I rolled for Off-spec and got my T2 helm from Onyxia which isn't super awesome but hey, my current helm wasn't good either so it will have to do. I'll wear it while I grind out my Lionheart Helm. I'm farming up the Thorium and hoping for Arcane Crystals and Blue Sapphires. Anything I get while farming will offset the future cost.

Also I was running some guildies through MC attunement and I made them stop at Angerforge for a shot at the Hand of Justice and boom, it dropped. So yeah pretty good week for me. New helm, new ring, new weapon, new trinket, and epic mount.

My next upgrades that I'm eyeing are the +hit plate pieces from UBRS, the waist and wrist pieces if I don't get anything from running MC in the meantime. One thing I really need to upgrade is my chestpiece. Still trying to avoid dipping into mail or leather so I think I can some of the PvP pieces which provide some really nice stats. Usually a lot of str, stam, and either hit or crit which is nice. Much better than the PvE tier warrior gear.

I've spent lots of money on goofy stuff including making a level 19 twink but at level 48 I'm finally gonna have enough for my mount. Unfortunately it will be a rubbish skeletal horse as in only Honored with Orgrimmar. Gonna make it my mission to get the AV wolf as my epic mount though.
Get the wolf! It's cool and it's a cheap epic mount (though there's a grind to it).

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I got a Disgusting Ooze to drop while farming Great Nature prot potions with my gulidmate. I let him have all the recipes while I was getting all the ore for my Lionheart Helm. I don't know how much they go for currently since none were on the AH but I got answers ranging from 100 to 300g. So I put it up for 500g bid 1k buyout and went to bed.

There's gotta be at least one pet collector with money to burn.

Ghostbound

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I got a Disgusting Ooze to drop while farming Great Nature prot potions with my gulidmate. I let him have all the recipes while I was getting all the ore for my Lionheart Helm. I don't know how much they go for currently since none were on the AH but I got answers ranging from 100 to 300g. So I put it up for 500g bid 1k buyout and went to bed.

There's gotta be at least one pet collector with money to burn.

You'll probably have better luck if you hold onto it until people have more disposable income to throw around.

I bought one for myself a couple weeks ago for 80g.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
You'll probably have better luck if you hold onto it until people have more disposable income to throw around.

I bought one for myself a couple weeks ago for 80g.

yeah probably. I was thinking like once people start pet collecting which I don't think many do at the moment.

But also it only costs 15 silver to post it so maybe someone will drop fat stacks on it and then I can buy the rest of my mats for my lionheart helm.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The hardcore players have a lot of disposable income atm. A lot of people in my guild are raid logging but some are still just farming farming farming away. I'm up to like 2100 liquid cash (after someone buys my elixir of frost power recipe today, Guy bid 250g on my pattern). All I really do is kill furbolgs and sell eko and firewater but it's a pretty lucrative farm and I'm close to exalted. I'll probably have to move to a different rep grind after it but oh well.

I think I'm basically going to farm AV rep (spillover from rep turn ins to get exalted with all major factions) while honor grinding. Once I'm done that and furbolgs I'll transition over to WSG and farming Magram. Gotta watch those bars go up.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
The hardcore players have a lot of disposable income atm. A lot of people in my guild are raid logging but some are still just farming farming farming away. I'm up to like 2100 liquid cash (after someone buys my elixir of frost power recipe today, Guy bid 250g on my pattern). All I really do is kill furbolgs and sell eko and firewater but it's a pretty lucrative farm and I'm close to exalted. I'll probably have to move to a different rep grind after it but oh well.

I think I'm basically going to farm AV rep (spillover from rep turn ins to get exalted with all major factions) while honor grinding. Once I'm done that and furbolgs I'll transition over to WSG and farming Magram. Gotta watch those bars go up.

Do you farm furbolgs in Winterspring or Felwood?

I usually queue up for AV then do a lap around Winterspring for ore and arcane crystals. I'm up to 4 out of the 12 I need. I farm them and then if I make 100g I'll buy a couple. Trying to keep some money just in case and not drop to 0. Arcanite Bars were like 20g over the normal price last night so I posted my stock to see if I could flip em. If they sold I can get a few more from what I made flipping. Almost to that Lionheart Helm!!

Oct 27, 2018
I'm still only level 52. GM asked if I'd be 55 by Saturday to go and do Ony (I dunno what level MC is? Seemed like he was suggesting that too) but there's no way I'll make it. Next Saturday though, hopefully!