• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
W1VCIvW.png

Greetings, traveler.

Join the ERA Alliance or Horde guilds!

Region:
NA
Server: Incendius
Faction: Alliance
Name: Reset Button

Region: NA
Server: Stalagg
Faction: Horde
Name: Reasonable Effort
Guild Master: Luxent (temp)

To get an invitation, join the Discord (linked at the bottom of this post) and let someone know in the #reset-button channel

vtQsN3d.png

Basically, this is a very close remake of Vanilla WoW (2004-2006) - for all intents and purposes, it will play, look, and feel like Vanilla. No modern features are included, e.g., no transmog, no barbershop, no level boosts, no LFR, etc. Max level is 60. Check the "What content is available" section below to see available content!

0oqrXFW.png

The game launches world-wide at 6PM US Eastern time on Monday, August 26th, 2019. Name reservations and character creation are open now.

r2uKxT3.png

Content is split into Phases. We do not know exactly when each Phase will begin, besides Phase 1, which starts on launch day.

Phase 1
Molten Core
Onyxia
Maraudon
Open World PvP only (no honor system, ranking, or Battlegrounds)

Phase 2
Dire Maul
Azuregos
Kazzak
Honor System (including Dishonorable Kills)
PvP Rank Rewards

Phase 3
Blackwing Lair
Darkmoon Faire
Darkmoon deck drops begin
Alterac Valley (version 1.12)
Warsong Gulch

Phase 4
Zul'Gurub
Green Dragons
Arathi Basin

Phase 5
Ahn'Qiraj War Effort begins
Ahn'Qiraj raid opens when the war effort dictates
Dungeon loot reconfiguration: Tier 0.5 Dungeon gear, relics, drop rates and location changes

Phase 6
Naxxramas
Scourge Invasion
World PvP objectives in Silithus and Eastern Plaguelands

b9IVTPz.png

We don't know. The Burning Crusade: Classic may eventually come to fruition. We may see new content set in Classic's style. It's up to Blizzard and the success of Classic. I suspect that TBC: Classic is the most likely option.

LvQZXvL.png

In addition to the above, WoW Classic only requires a WoW subscription (~$15 a month) - there is no game to purchase, so the subscription fee is all you have to pay. The game is available on PC/Mac, and of course it is developed and published by Activision-Blizzard.

aXR2KgW.png

System requirements are extremely light - a potato gaming PC from 2009 can run Classic!

LyixPh5.jpg

GqfIwQc.jpg

HFx2wGB.png

Let me know if you have content creators that you'd like added to this list!
Asmongold [Twitch]
CountdownToClassic [Podcast]
Defcamp & Melderon [YouTube]

Esfand [Twitch]
Frostadamus [YouTube]
Joana [Twitch]
Kargoz [YouTube]
MadSeasonShow [YouTube]
MrGM [YouTube]

PlatinumWoW [YouTube]
Preach [Twitch]
Sodapoppin [Twitch]
Sonii [Twitch]

SoupaSoka [YouTube]
Swifty [Twitch]

Towelliee [Twitch]
TipsOut [YouTube]

XFwWIbQ.png

Let me know if you have useful links you'd like added to this list!

~~ The ResetERA WoW: Classic Discord! ~~
Official WoW: Classic website
Primer for Players
Classic item database
Addon database
Find old friends!
Classic best-in-slot gear guide
WoW Classic subreddit

A quick thanks to Blizzard for the press kit screenshots, as well as text for some of the above images.

Last edited:

Yoshichan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
SOME THINGS NEVER CHANGE

7 DAYS SEMESTER FOR THIS SHIT

AND I DIDN'T EVEN TAKE SEMESTER FOR MY CLOSEST WEDDINGS

WE BACK BOIIIIS

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the great OT! I was doing so well to try and not think about the release during working extra this week, but completely failed today. I wanted to share some of the resources I've collected/tested in the leadup to Classic!

If you want a list of just a few addons that don't detract much from the game but are pretty handy, these addons were working as of the stress test two weeks ago. Make sure "load out of date addons" is checked in-game, but if the launch broke one just disable it! Just download the zip, unzip it wherever, and put the folder(s) into your [WorldofWarcraft - _classic_ - Interface - Addons] folder:
  • Classic Aura Durations: This addon in conjunction with OmniCC shows a counter over the relevant icon with how many seconds are left before an attack wears off an enemy, a buff wears off of you, or an ability on your bars can be used again.
  • OmniCC: See above
  • Better Vendor Price: This addon shows how much money an item can be sold for when you hover over it, as well as how much you would get for the amount you currently have, and how much you would get if you had a full stack of it.
  • Leatrix Maps: This addon changes the way the map works so that when you open it it will not take up the whole screen. The amount of screen space you want it to take as well as transparency is adjustable. It also has the option if you want to show the whole map even if you haven't explored all of it, but that's no fun.
  • Quest Log Ex: This just makes the quest log window much bigger, so you don't have to scroll.
  • Real Mob Health - This addon attempts to calculate, and display numerically, the actual health an enemy has. The more of that enemy you kill the more accurate it gets, and the data is shared with whoever else has the addon around you.
  • TinyTooltip: Normally when you hover over something its "tooltip", a quick description of what it is, is shown to you in the lower right. That info usually is name, level, and description. This addon lets you change where that information goes such as on your cursor, as well as show a whole array of optional information like class colors or whatnot. Whats cool is it can show a 3d model of whoever you hover over.
Neat/useful commands you can enter into your chat bar that do stuff:
  • /console xpBarText 1 - This makes the numerical text always visible on your XP bar, instead of only when you hover over it.
  • /console chatClassColorOverride 0 - This will show players names as the color of their class in chat.
  • /run MainMenuBarLeftEndCap:Hide();MainMenuBarRightEndCap:Hide() - This will hide the ornamental gryphons on the left and right of your default action bar, freeing up screen space.
  • /console ffxGlow 0 - Textures in WoW have a glow to them, which is especially noticeable in areas like the Barrens. This is purely down to personal preference, but if you enter this command it turns the glow off, making the game immediately darker.
While revolutionizing the way quests work in MMOs to attract a whole new audience, Classic WoW was notorious for also containing large quest "gaps" or opaque quest prerequisites. If you would like one of many loose guides on where to go to do what quests in an efficient manner and not run out of quests, check out this slick website (keep in mind it does not include class-specific quests): https://www.vanilla-questing.me/

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
Is there an official ERA server for PvP? I'm planning on playing on Thalnos with 2 friends but if there is an chosen ERA server I can prob get them to switch.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Precattleclysm was too long of a name, so I went with Mediumwell.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I started WoW on day one of Vanilla so this is going to be a nostalgia bomb for me and I can't wait.

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
I've never played WoW before (despite being a big MMO fan I somehow I just never bothered to try it) and I'm curious to try Classic. Do we have an official ERA WoW Classic community/discord or will we?

KingLear

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how long i'll be on for but i'm tentatively excited for this! Having azeroth auto pilot this time around might make the process less daunting.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've never played WoW before (despite being a big MMO fan I somehow I just never bothered to try it) and I'm curious to try Classic. Do we have an official ERA WoW Classic community/discord or will we?

Honestly, we should have a Ventrilo server instead. Got to keep it real to the era.

Shoes

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could convince myself I'd be able to play this casually. My only option is to force myself not to play.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Classic is the one era of WoW I never experienced (started in BC), so I don't have any nostalgia for the early days. I wasn't planning on playing this at all (I actually like certain aspects of modern WoW), but the hype got the best of me and I resubbed yesterday. If the community aspect in classic WoW was as good as everyone says it was, it'll definitely be interesting.

Worst comes to worst I drop classic WoW and just play catch up on my 120s.

Heavily considering going tank or healer (something I've never really done in the 10+ years I've played WoW), but I also know for sure I won't have nearly the amount of time to devote to the game as I did when I was 16, so not sure if that's a good idea or not.

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
What are the guesses on the % of population that have not even subscribed yet? Many servers are full already since character creation is open, but the game isn't even out yet.

I'm still thinking of choosing one of those launch day servers, myself. But the population has to stay high in the far-term.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Hope it's as good as folk remember.

I'll likely check it out eventually.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty ready for this. I played a shit ton of WoW and it'll be nice to revisit this period of the game.

I do hope the stay away from BC classic and stuff like that though.

Mar 3, 2018
Can I run this on a 2017 MacBook Air that has 8gb ram, i5 processor, ssd and integrated video card ? Wanna play it but heard some say it's a new engine and the system requirements mean nothing and you'll need a proper gaming PC.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
MC LF39M

Can I run this on a 2017 MacBook Air that has 8gb ram, i5 processor, ssd and integrated video card ? Wanna play it but heard some say it's a new engine and the system requirements mean nothing and you'll need a proper gaming PC.

I run regular WoW (BFA) fine on my Surface 6 with integrated. Not sure about a new engine though.

CheeseConey

Oct 27, 2017
So pumped. I barely had any tier 2 stuff before BC came out so I feel like I can get a lot out of this, including trying out classes I have never played after I finish my hunter.

Watercolour

Oct 27, 2017
Glad to be back after more than a decade. Mained a Warrior back then and got as far as BWL before TBC. Going to decide between priest or mage now.
Where are my fellow Alliance for Atiesh?

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
Is there going to be a "main" NA server for Era members to play on? Or are we all just doing our own thing?
Looking at the Retail OT it looks like no one can agree on the best way to do it since there are roadblocks like PvE vs PvP (+RP) and different servers already being unofficial communities for large populations. I would like to see it happen though as WoW classic gives a fresh start for this sort of thing that Retail doesn't.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Re-subbed, re-downloaded.

I just don't know if I'll have the time though! I was in high school when WoW came out and I put way too much time into it then. Now, I have no time :(

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
Preach should probably be added to the list of streamers.

A few things are missing from the content phases (mostly PvP).
Phase 1 (Launch)
Molten Core
Onyxia
Maraudon
Open World PvP only (no honor or rewards)

Phase 2
Dire Maul
Azuregos
Kazzak
Honor System (including Dishonorable Kills)
PvP Rank Rewards

Phase 3
Blackwing Lair
Darkmoon Faire
Darkmoon Faire deck drops begin
Alterac Valley (version 1.12 4.1k)
Warsong Gulch

Phase 4
Zul'Gurub
Green Dragons
Arathi Basin

Phase 5
Ahn Qiraj War Effort begins
Ahn'Qiraj raids open when the war effort dictates
Dungeon loot reconfiguration: Tier 0.5 dungeon gear, Relics, drop rates, and location changes

Phase 6
Naxxramas
Scourge Invasion
World PvP objectives in Silithus and Eastern Plaguelands

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
There was this thread a long time ago, but a lot has changed and continues to change since then: https://www.resetera.com/threads/can-we-get-an-era-guild-set-up-for-wow-classic.130937/

Blizzard keeps adding new servers, and Era is all over the world with various preferences.
It might be getting a bit late in the launch window now but it would probably have been a decent idea to run a poll to decide what region, type of server (PvE, PvP, -RP) and then what server specifically to create an initial community and see if we can make a ERA guild/community stick. If it works out then it can be expanded to the other server types and regions. Whilst it wouldn't cater to everyone initially, deciding by majority would get the most people in to try and kickstart a larger community presence down the road. Literally what I replied to rofl.

Last edited: